Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) (24268 Views)

Two Nairalanders Look Forward To April 8th... / Counter Thread - How To Spot Broke Girls Trying Too Hard To Impress. / Counter Thread:how A White Vs How A Naija Guy Ask For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
Good day Romancelander,

I have been waiting for a platform like this to discuss how to revive the fun back to romance section but I was disappointed. Romance section used to be competitive, educative, expository and awe-inspiring, but we have lost much of that.

I tagged this a "Reunion" because I need the assistance, experience and intelligence of the oldbies on this mission. Issues on how to move forward and restore back the fun to this section not forgetting to carry everyone along. Issues will be discussed and ideas from everyone is welcomed. We have potential young men and women to make this section regain its lost pride and fame.

I have come up with a contest tagged "You think you know your favourite Nairalander?" which will be discussed as we proceed. I need your assistance in this mission for all to enjoy.

Your contribution will be appreciated.

Cc:
Ujsizzle
Mynd44
Dygeasy
Ezepromoe
Rockstation
Ishilove
Mizmycoli
Idowuogbo
Kingtom
Emusmith
Tosyne2much
etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by tosyne2much(m): 12:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
This is going to make sense cool
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
Age restriction should be attached. Too many kids undecided
And the hate filled users be eliminated from the section

6 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
tosyne2much:
This is going to make sense cool
U beat me to ftc cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
jacksparrow1207:
Age restriction should be attached
We will see to that but age restriction is a form of discrimination. Don't be surprised to get a good contribution from a 16 year old
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:

We will see to that but age restriction is a form of discrimination. Don't be surprised to get a good contribution from a 16 year old

Romance isn't meant for under 18s. It's meant for 18+
It's far from being DISCRIMINATION

4 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 12:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

This is fun for every reasonable person, besides how would you tell if they lie about their ages?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:

This is fun for every reasonable person, besides how would you tell if they lie about their ages?

Good point
I hope we get a the best out of it anyways. I'm looking forward to it sha

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by tosyne2much(m): 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

U beat me to ftc cheesy cheesy tongue
No vex bros tongue
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
tosyne2much:
No vex bros tongue
cheesy cheesy
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
My contribution:

I guess the only problem we have here in romance section is immaturity.
Coz an individual is 18+ doesn't mean he/she is matured, i really pisses me off when is see some members who are old enough to be grandpa/grandma behaving like kids over here, opening dvmb and meaningless threads or trying to be ostentatious jez to seek stvpid attention.
If you wanna be funny, you can act funny in a matured way not behaving like kids, see the likes of buygala, tallesty1 and co they act funny in a matured manner but we have bunches of idiots over here that shows their boring talents here thinking they are funny, i won't mention names.

The truth is that there is no solution to the present situation of romance section except those kidults believe itz time for them to grow up.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
missclasssy:
I expect something from you too even if I didn't mention your moniker cool

Ishilove, pls, can you make this thread sticky? #winks
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Ishilove: 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
Back in the days, this section was so funfilled and very interesting, but now, the opposite is the case. The rash of attention seeking, idiotic, meaningless and trashy threads that insult our intelligence is the bane of the Romance section.

The way forward is...frankly I don't know the way forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Burger01(m): 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
jacksparrow1207:
Age restriction should be attached. Too many kids undecided
Those ones full this section. Reason I don't frequent this section that much undecided

jamex93:
hope say person fit get better babe for this reunion

^^^
Here's one of them. Looking for babes cheesy sad
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by falconey(m): 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
my contribution:

Romance section has lost it peak, its always going to be this way, the mature guys/oldies should have seen it coming.

What is this section all about? That's what we should ask ourselves? Romance-----relationships-heartbreaks,breakups,love etc

I believe the mentioned above had happened to some of us at one point in our lives and as romancelanders we come in here and share it. This same issues can also happen to anyone else probably the newbies/teens who joined recently. they too being romancelanders will come in and share it with us.

This makes the section predictable and uninteresting because same thing happens to different people not at the same time and they will always create thread for it.....to the oldies(this is boring have seen it before) in this case they avoid the threads and later avoid the section entirely.

I'm not a regular here so most threads are new to me but to some oldies they have seen it before.

My recommendation: if you are tired of the section deactivate or move to other sections, because everyday people are having the same emotional issues you had and they will share it as you did back then. OLDIES BUG OFF .....NEWBIES WELCOME TO ROMANCELAND.

About derailers and trolls? MODS DO YOUR JOB!!!

Thank you SIR FALCONEY.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by jamex93(m): 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by naijaboiy: 1:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
I became very active on this section when it was at it's crumbling stages after the tsunami.

Although things were still going on fine then and the section was sane.

I will simply state the problems I see in this section and how things can be improved.

1)The rate of attention seeking threads and popularity stunts on this section has reached its peak. Such threads even garner more pages than intellectual threads.

The Mods should always endeavour to lock such threads cos to me it's just a waste of cyberspace. And if you've noticed,,such threads are where e-fights occur the most and e-enmity is brewed.

2)There are so many derailers on this section.
They are not helping matters at all. These derailers are just like the boys at alaba market who pirate CD's and spoil producer's business.

In the sense that whenever a thread is created they will just come to derail. Someone will just come to a thread where his contributions are needed,,rather he'll mention his gang of derailers and then they will come there to scatter that thread and fhuuck shìt up.

The Mods are trying on this issue but I think their efforts are not enough as these gang of thread destructors are growing wings and spreading their territories day by day as they get more members.

They know themselves. smiley

3)Members should be encouraged to organise more competitions/events which will be widely accepted by all. Don't organise events just because you want to boost your e-popularity but because you want everyone to join in the fun.

Right now,,we have only the Wooing Challenge as the Mr&Miss NL competitions are now wide spread all over NL.

However,,i think the organising of events should be accrued to people who have stayed in this section for a reasonable while and have seen the way things go down. A minimum of two years at least. They should also be very active members of the section.

This is to enable the success of the competition fully because he/she will have more confidence from the people that it will be organised based on the fact that he/she knows how things are run.

However ideas of events should not be hidden,,it should be communicated with the Mods through mail so they could be notified and give their own suggestion about such events.

No event/competition can be fully successful without the Mods.

#MyPiece.

Cc: xynerise

6 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by falconey(m): 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ishilove:
Back in the days, this section was so funfilled and very interesting, but now, the opposite is the case. The rash of attention seeking, idiotic, meaningless and trashy threads that insult our intelligence is the bane of the Romance section.

with all the jibby jabbers at the end no way forward? Interesting.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by falconey(m): 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
jamex93:

dude be serious for once!!!
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
We have to deal with throlls and derailers ,guilty of these two embarassed
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
jamex93:

I think the mods should give long bans to those who post senseless, ludicrous and derailing comments on sensitive threads, like this guy just did.

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ishilove:

Give throlls tough time,even if you catch me throlling,give me first warning then ban
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by jamex93(m): 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
missclasssy:

I think the mods give long bans to those who post senseless, ludicrous and derailing comments like this guy just did.

oya come n barn me

miss perfect

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by jamex93(m): 1:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
falconey:

dude be serious for once!!!

for God sake I am
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by jamex93(m): 1:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
Burger01:

Those ones full this section. Reason I don't frequent this section that much undecided

^^^
Here's one of them. Looking for babes cheesy sad

u no serious

m not here to exchange words with any of u
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 1:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ishilove:

Of course you do. The mods have the major roles to play in making this section a place to visit. You are too tolerant on irrelevant and annoying topics and some even escape to front page. The amendment should start from the mods' modus operandi.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by englishmart(m): 1:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

lol
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by englishmart(m): 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
missclasssy:

I think the mods should give long bans to those who post senseless, ludicrous and derailing comments on sensitive threads, like this guy just did.
you want to be a mod.?

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Rapzino: 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
Trolling, unneccessary bashing and derailiing of threads are some of the acts i'd love to see the MODs clamp down on.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Ishilove: 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ipledge:
Give throlls tough time,even if you catch me throlling,give me first warning then ban
You sure?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Birthday Gifts For Your Girlfriend? / Miss Nairaland 2017.. Guys Who Do You Think Deserves The Crown? / She Won't Say Her Age!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.