Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) (24425 Views)

Two Nairalanders Look Forward To April 8th... / Counter Thread - How To Spot Broke Girls Trying Too Hard To Impress. / Counter Thread:how A White Vs How A Naija Guy Ask For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by stephenqueen: 4:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
bqlekan:
I have to say this, our mods contribute more to the said lost glory of this section, the severe punishment they dash derailers, trolls and rule breakers wont help. imagine a moniker getting banned till 2025, such a ban will only unleash desperation hence, the reason for multiple accounts and continous rule breaking actions.

solution; a short term ban will be more effective than lenghty ban, 1-2 hours continous ban is enough to drive in sanity into an insane mind, and if need be for a lenghty ban, it should not be more than 2 days. this will really help.
Seconded
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Ishilove: 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:
@Ishilove. Who pushes topics in romance section to front page?

Is it the three of you?
Any supermod can push topics from any section at any point in time, so there's no particular supermod in charge of any section. When we see a homepage worthy topic from this section, we move it.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by VickyRotex(f): 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
Wow.. I love the fact that this thread was created to address such issues

I'm not a regular here, but I see some of these things happen

Some great solutions have been proposed already.

I think MODS and individuals should work with some of these proposed solutions

There can be sanity and fun in this section at the same time

"And we should know that whatever change we are clamouring for begins with You and I " smiley

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Ishilove: 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
Idowuogbo:

walai we need oshomo back in here mehn... grin

This place over make sense when baba dey here.

Imagine make my junior sister dey ban me cus i no like the room n parlour she carry for head? what can fa gbogbo oshi yen? angry grin
grin grin grin
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
Some people are becoming really really annoying..... smiley
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by sinizia: 4:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
missclasssy:

Thanks for your matured comment.
I have no problems with anyone, people just chose to have problems with me.

A wise man once told me, "if everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong." There's no man without enemies. Jesus and Mohammed have enemies no matter how they are revered.

I'm not saying you're wrong or right, neither your accusers; all I'm saying is, do the right thing, or what you'd want another person to do to you, and move on. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ishilove:

Any supermod can push topics from any section at any point in time, so there's no particular supermod in charge of any section. When we see a homepage worthy topic from this section, we move it.
Let me be a bit blunt here. So even Farano's topics are front page worthy? Like seriously? A super-mod sees it and "Dang!!" FRONTPAGE undecided

I think that is abuse of homepage. I was thinking she was the one moving her own topics to front page undecided

2 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:

There was something like "End of the month/year" award but can't see that anymore

~ I don't know about that.. but they do 'Trolls of the month' in that site. People nominate and the person with the highest nominations becomes the troll of that month. The purpose is to deter people from trolling.

That's like checks and balances but in a playful manner.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ I don't know about that.. but they do 'Trolls of the month' in that site. People nominate and the person with the highest nominations becomes the troll of that month. The purpose is to deter people from trolling.

That's like checks and balances but in a playful manner.
I understand your point, bro. But sometimes, I don't blame some people that give abusive comments to threads. Rhetorical questions can be annoying sometimes and you need to answer them the Nigerian way grin

How would you answer a question that says " Am I still a virgin after one round of sex?"
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
First of all, deification and apotheosis should be piqued before anything else. I once created a FP worthy topic and guess what? It didn't garner more than a page and I'm pretty sure it'd had gotten to FP if created by either _emusmith or _tosyne2much.

Secondly I encountered a certain moniker and one thing led to the other before he started dishing out insults at me, however I told him his words were getting too vulgar for my liking but instead of adjusting, he ended up hurling more insult to which I reciprocated and got banned and he wasn't.

Its obvious and peculiar that the users of the romance section are also the one behind its current predicament, the mods inclusive.

3 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Ishilove: 5:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:

Let me be a bit blunt here. So even Farano's topics are front page worthy? Like seriously? A super-mod sees it and "Dang!!" FRONTPAGE undecided

I think that is abuse of homepage. I was thinking she was the one moving her own topics to front page undecided
Well xynerise, the supermods move topics which they feel will interest a majority of Nairalanders. Not everyone will agree with our choices, however. What you label trash may be interesting to others, and vice versa. When you see what you consider frontpage worthy topic, just holla at the supermods.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 5:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ishilove:

Well xynerise, the supermods move topics which they feel will interest a majority of Nairalanders. Not everyone will agree with our choices, however. What you label trash may be interesting to others, and vice versa. When you see what you consider frontpage worthy topic, just holla at the supermods.

Hmmm...OK o.

Una dey do meeting at all, I mean mods? grin
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Ishilove: 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:

Hmmm...OK o.

Una dey do meeting at all, I mean mods? grin
Classified grin
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 5:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ishilove:

Classified grin
Abegi grin

You guys are doing a good job though but put more effort just like my teacher always write on my report card even when I came 1st tongue
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Ishilove: 5:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:

Abegi grin

You guys are doing a good job though but put more effort just like my teacher always write on my report card even when I came 1st tongue
Okay o, thanks for the heads up smiley

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:

I understand your point, bro. But sometimes, I don't blame some people that give abusive comments to threads. Rhetorical questions can be annoying sometimes and you need to answer them the Nigerian way grin

How would you answer a question that says " Am I still a virgin after one round of sex?"

~ Its everywhere.
I don't why dimples is complaining to be honest. This is a public forum, A Nigerian Forum for that matter. Here you find the good, the bad and the ugly. If you are emotional and take things too serious then try your best to avoid troubles and quarrels

~ Haven't you seen how youtubers comment on videos. You'd almost cry when they start insulting your vid.
One particular dude just came on one Eminem's video thread and said lil wayne bull-shits on Em' anyday. If you see the way insults from Eminem fans and lil wayne fans started ehhhh..you go laugh tire.. In a single thread you'd get 8000 comments filled with insults and jeers alone. Of course there would be constructive criticisms too.

That's where i catch my fun nowadays. Every night i just log in to youtube and type any rap or pop related video and get a good laugh. Reading the comments alone is good for long life. smiley only if the so called adults wouldn't act so boring and stiff here..
Abi na.. For real life all of us dey wear suit,uniforms(for the students here). We go to offices, schools, factories and behave all mature and act all formal. Internet is the only place some us actually have to display some freakiness without been criticized by the world (parents, peers etc) and what better place to exhibit that than the Romance section?. Yet i no fit chat or play with one girl for here before one guy would come ruin my fun with hate/jealousy filled accusations.. anyway.. i rest my pen for now.

2 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by agarawu23(m): 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
Idowuogbo:
Sack the mods!!!!

I will keep on saying it oo.... change mods!!!!

Cc
Ishilove tongue

#BringbackJaybee3# grin angry
.seconded

I am not in support of the bad attitudes we are complaining about but Mods gat a lot of jobs to do

I don't beg for FP from anybody because I believe if my topic is worth fp it will definitely but the popular one's in Romance section will alws tag the mods to make their topic hit front page.

the day I quoted tosyn2much "must all your topic hit front page"? he was reporting me to the mods I guess for banundecided

ishilove is a mod in this section and I called the mods attention to a topic that shld not remain here but I gat different response. "screenshots below"

in conclusion, NL can't be like before and anybody that thinks it can shld try and see the results

the new babies you guys are saying are the ones making here lively for me I don't know of others.

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
Burger01:

Lol. You see amcheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy oga juuu
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by mirexxx(f): 5:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
redhook:
This NL funny sha! See unknowns trying and dying 2 remain relevant 2 an audience that never even knew they existed? Bring back the glory days my ass! Na govt work? Lmfao! Its the internet post your thots, rack a bit or bounce ffs!
gringringrin
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
Come now let's keep everything in context because on YouTube the main event is the videos. One can just enjoy the videos and not even look at the comments let alone comment. It's different on NL the first rule is not to insult others. I'm not talking about e fights here that's jokes at times. I just dislike constant attack of every thread lol mix it up a lil skip a few threads compliment some.

Now back to your enjoyment of reading insults and enjoy bashing that's fine you could get that thrill on websites where it is welcome but nl isn't one of those websites.

Darkrebel666:

~ Its everywhere.
I don't why dimples is complaining to be honest. This is a public forum, A Nigerian Forum for that matter. Here you find the good, the bad and the ugly. If you are emotional and take things too serious then try your best to avoid troubles and quarrels

~ Haven't you seen how youtubers comment on videos. You'd almost cry when they start insulting your vid.
One particular dude just came on one Eminem's video thread and said lil wayne bull-shits on Em' anyday. If you see the way insults from Eminem fans and lil wayne fans started ehhhh..you go laugh tire.. In a single thread you'd get 8000 comments filled with insults and jeers alone. Of course there would be constructive criticisms too.

That's where i catch my fun nowadays. Every night i just log in to youtube and type any rap or pop related video and get a good laugh. Reading the comments alone is good for long life. smiley only if the so called adults wouldn't act so boring and stiff here..
Abi na.. For real life all of us dey wear suit,uniforms(for the students here). We go to offices, schools, factories and behave all mature and act all formal. Internet is the only place some us actually have to display some freakiness without been criticized by the world (parents, peers etc) and what better place to exhibit that than the Romance section?. Yet i no fit chat or play with one girl for here before one guy would come ruin my fun with hate/jealousy filled accusations.. anyway.. i rest my pen for now.

2 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
Maybe mods could create threads like lalastic lol I dnt know hw to spell his moniker but he creates a lot of interesting threads. Another thing instead of those agony aunt/uncle kind of threads we could share controversial maters relating to love, taboos and out of the ordinary relationships.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
Chiam55:

Come now let's keep everything in context because on YouTube the main event is the videos. One can just enjoy the videos and not even look at the comments let alone comment. It's different on NL the first rule is not to insult others. I'm not talking about e fights here that's jokes at times. I just dislike constant attack of every thread lol mix it up a lil skip a few threads compliment some.

Now back to your enjoyment of reading insults and enjoy bashing that's fine you could get that thrill on websites where it is welcome but nl isn't one of those websites.

~ Lol.. that one na for you oooo. On youtube, the Koko(main thing) is the comments.
All nationalities comments and i get to actually see and marvel at how different people have their brain wired etcetera etcetera

I got to admit that Missclassy has this 'Holier-than-thou' attitude and likes jumping on threads to criticize and can't mind her business sometimes. But you also have a fault which is taking things to heart. And sometimes you don't get jokes and teases. Someone told me its because you're not Nigerian, thus, you don't get the local and native jokes .

@Bold..There are bound to be haters. Nairaland rule cannot stop people from insulting the same way the Nigerian constitution cannot stop politicians from embezzling funds. You have to learn to ignore or flow with it . One thing you shouldn't just do is complain openly. That's a sign of weakness.

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
[quote author=missclasssy post=32792820][/quote]

Hahahahahaha missy piss off grin
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
@ishilove: seriously, you are one of the problems over here, i swear!
YOU ARE TOO PARTIAL
Remember the day you mailed me to refrain from using bolded words, after that day, have you ever seen me using the bolded words again? No! Despite the fact that itz one of my identities but take a look at the likes of Naija...boiy, thesonof...mark, hat...ux and co, what have you done concerning their usage of word bolding? NOTHING!!!!! keep it up, you hear. . .

Secondly, about the FP worthy threads, i created a thread some days ago which took me more than 4days to compile and i waz already relaxing my fvckin ass on my chair hoping that the thread will hit FP in the next 20min but to my greatest surprise, the thread hits backpage, and my bro tosyne2...much created a thread yesterday and within 30mins, it hits the FP all because he is well known over here, jez think about it for yourself and let your conscience judge you.
will all this partial treatments let other people with reasonable threads come up with something better? NO! it will only enhance the creation of _stupid dumb thread which will gain more traffics than the so called reasonable threads.
i created a thread the other day about some "foolish things ladies do on romance section" you won't believe thread garnered up to 8pages, yea! 8pages! without hitting FP. is that the types of thread you love to see ? Eventhough i love having alot of fun over here, i still create sensible threads, no doubt about that, but you mods are too partial!
As for the derailing sh!!!t, checkout most of my comments i only derail stvpid threads that makes no sense! even if my cohorts mention me on a reasonable thread, i always ignore them. ishilove and other mods, please be fair with everything you do here on NL. . . God bless you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
Lol tongue ignoring is a new skill I've learnt on here because usually I'm very attentive grin

Darkrebel666:

~ Lol.. that one na for you oooo. On youtube, the Koko(main thing) is the comments.
All nationalities comments and i get to actually see and marvel at how different people have their brain wired etcetera etcetera

I got to admit that Missclassy has this 'Holier-than-thou' attitude and likes jumping on threads to criticize and can't mind her business sometimes. But you also have a fault which is taking things to heart. And sometimes you don't get jokes and teases. Someone told me its because you're not Nigerian, thus, you don't get the local and native jokes .

@Bold..There are bound to be haters. Nairaland rule cannot stop people from insulting the same way the Nigerian constitution cannot stop politicians from embezzling funds. You have to learn to ignore or flow with it . One thing you shouldn't just do is complain openly. That's a sign of weakness.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
redhook:
.....I have noticed this person 2 so I agree 100% with this observation! she always pops in and out of various threads spouting garbage and filling our screens with long write ups that end up making deranged points! I think she's the child of a mod with severe emotional problems, Or maybe she may be afflicted with a bad case of "Notice-me-isis"! Or maybe she's just a programmed troll!

I think I know her cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by chimerase2: 6:11pm On Apr 16, 2015
Way to move romance sextion forward with ishilove presiding over dis sextion?
Xynerise amu having a doubt,
is not possible ma broda
unless she change 4 good angry
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
Chiam55:
Lol tongue ignoring is a new skill I've learnt on here because usually I'm very attentive grin

You and I knows that's not true.
You are very emotional and you have to deal with that. Learn how to let go. learn how to build up that inner wall that doesn't allow external negativity pass through, because that's what makes us women strong.

People will always make you angry, they will always say bad stuff to you, but your strength lies in the fact that you don't take such things to heart. You shove them aside and live your life the way you supposed to
You don't hold grudges, because it will only make things worse.
Just like the soundtrack of the award winning animation, frozen, "let it go"

Please I am telling you this as someone who cares about you smiley

Sorry if I have offended you by my comments, and apologies and every other person I have offended

I would agree that I bash threads but most of the threads I bash are _stupid threads. 80% of the threads I bash get thrown into the recycle bin. What does that tell you?

You guys just seem to only look at my negatives. You said I only make critical comments on every thread and that's not true.

I don't know why you guys are making this bashing thing all about me. I am not the only one guilty of bashing threads, why not mention others, why just me?
Na wa o

Anyway sha, I will try to calm down a bit if that's what you guys want....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by mirexxx(f): 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
Orijin101:
YOU ARE TOO PARTIAL
Remember the day you mailed me to refrain from using bolded words, after that day, have you ever seen me using the bolded words again? No! Despite the fact that itz one of my identities but take a look at the likes of Naija...boiy, thesonof...mark, hat...ux and co, what have you done concerning their usage of word bolding? NOTHING!!!!! keep it up, you hear. . .

Secondly, about the FP worthy threads, i created a thread some days ago which took me more than 4days to compile and i waz already relaxing my fvckin ass on my chair hoping that the thread will hit FP in the next 20min but to my greatest surprise, the thread hits backpage, and my bro tosyne2...much created a thread yesterday and within 30mins, it hits the FP all because he is well known over here, jez think about it for yourself and let your conscience judge you.
will all this partial treatments with it let other people with reasonable threads come up with something better? NO! it will only enhance the creation of _stupid dumb thread which will gain more traffics than the so called reasonable threads.
i created a thread the other day about some "foolish things ladies do on romance section" you won't believe thread garnered up to 8pages, yea! 8pages! without hitting FP. is that the types of thread you love to see ? Eventhough i love having alot of fun over here, i still create sensible threads, no doubt about that, but you mods are too partial!
As for the derailing sh!!!t, checkout most of my comments i only derail stvpid threads that makes no sense! even if my cohorts mention me on a reasonable thread, i always ignore them. ishilove and other mods, please be fair with everything you do here on NL. . . God bless you.
GOD BLESS YOU kiss

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by agarawu23(m): 6:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
Orijin101:
YOU ARE TOO PARTIAL

will all this partial treatments with it let other people with reasonable threads come up with something better? NO! it will only enhance the creation of _stupid dumb thread which will gain more traffics than the so called reasonable threads.
another blessing in addition to mirexxx

I don't even beg anybody for front FP. I am proud of myself because I have 4 FP record without popularity or tagging the mods.

The ppl seeking for change are the culprit.

me know send anybody o , u either hate me or like me ni
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by falconey(m): 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
MY POWER IS THE ABILITY TO PRETEND LIKE I GIVE A DAM.N ABOUT ROMANCELANDERS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

“Dear Men, Too Many Women Will Lead You Astray” – Reno / My Fiancé Brags Alot, He Lies About Everything / "why Is It That Almost Only Ugly Guys Approach Me?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.