Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,655 members, 7,955,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:51 AM

Barka Juma'ah - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Barka Juma'ah (110446 Views)

Barka Da Sallah Nairalanders / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak / Eid Ul Fitri: Barka Da Sallah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barka Juma'ah by Riskie(f): 5:49pm On Feb 13, 2009
As-salam alaikum brothers and sisters!Another great Jummah today. The lecture was about mercy and Islam's holistic approach to it. The prophet encourages Muslims to have mercy on children and orphans especially. A kind word to an orphan is considered a very great deed. Taking advantage of an orphan or stealing their inheritance is considered one of the 7 worst sins. Simply running your hands through the hair of an orphan as a kind gesture will give a Muslim the reward equivalent to the number of hairs on the orphan's head.
Even in times of war Muslims are encouraged to show mercy. It is forbidden to harm women, children and the elderly during a war.In one surah (can't remember which lol) it is said that in times of war if the enemy seeks refuge give it to him and treat him kindly so that he may see the goodness of Islam.
We are also encouraged to have mercy on animals. It is forbidden to brand an animal or hit it on the face. It is also haram to hunt an animal for fun. If an animal is not being eaten or used for it's hide it should not be killed. And knives being used for slaughtering should not be used in front of the animal.
Islam encourages us to have mercy in everything we do in this life from our dealings with other people to how we treat animals.
Whosoever is kind and merciful, Allah will also be merciful to him on the day of Judgement.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Jarus(m): 6:15pm On Feb 13, 2009
Riskie:

As-salam alaikum brothers and sisters!Another great Jummah today. The lecture was about mercy and Islam's holistic approach to it. The prophet encourages Muslims to have mercy on children and orphans especially. A kind word to an orphan is considered a very great deed. Taking advantage of an orphan or stealing their inheritance is considered one of the 7 worst sins. Simply running your hands through the hair of an orphan as a kind gesture will give a Muslim the reward equivalent to the number of hairs on the orphan's head.
Even in times of war Muslims are encouraged to show mercy. It is forbidden to harm women, children and the elderly during a war.In one surah (can't remember which lol) it is said that in times of war if the enemy seeks refuge give it to him and treat him kindly so that he may see the goodness of Islam.
We are also encouraged to have mercy on animals. It is forbidden to brand an animal or hit it on the face. It is also haram to hunt an animal for fun. If an animal is not being eaten or used for it's hide it should not be killed. And knives being used for slaughtering should not be used in front of the animal.
Islam encourages us to have mercy in everything we do in this life from our dealings with other people to how we treat animals.
Whosoever is kind and merciful, Allah will also be merciful to him on the day of Judgement.
Moving lecture.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by vescucci(m): 1:04pm On Feb 16, 2009
Very moving. True!
Re: Barka Juma'ah by vescucci(m): 1:07pm On Feb 20, 2009
Hope y'all have a blessed Jumu'at!
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2009
Barka Juma'ah

Salaam everyone, Hope you all had a Jummah full of blessings and  that you learnt something new smiley

Today's lecture is about patience , its types, its values and  benefits.

The Imam said that Allah  (S.W.T)mentioned patience in His Book more than 90 times. Within one verse, Allah orders us to practice both patience and prayer, in  Surat Al-Baqarah Verse 153. he said Allah chooses a Leader among us who is patience in his life and in the deen of Islam. He said patience is similar to the head  in the human body, that if the head is cut off, the human dies and anyone without patience does not have faith.
The first type of patience is when a person works constantly to fulfill obligations and to do righteous deeds.
The second type of patience is when a person abstains from prohibited acts and from evil. Abstaining from prohibited acts requires a great struggle against one’s desires, and takes much patience in refraining from the evil influences of Satan among man and Satan among Jinn.
The third type of patience is when a person practices patience during times of hardship without complaints. One must not complain because Allah (S.W.T.) predestines their hardship.
he said the benefits of patience includes : keeps you from rushing on tasks that require much time,controls you during times of anger and prevents you from committing wrong verbal or physical acts,controls you during conditions of fear and prevents you from committing wrong verbal or physical acts,controls you from greed and prevents you from committing wrong verbal or physical acts,prepares you to be able to withstand physical hardship, it gives you guidance at heart and is a proof of your faith and good practice in Islam.

This is actually a very good lecture for me because i am not patient  embarassed
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Riskie(f): 9:02pm On Feb 20, 2009
As-salam alaikum brothers and sisters! Blessings of Friday be upon us all.

@Mukina today's lecture was also about patience (subr). I really needed that because I've been quite impatient lately with so many things. One new thing I learned today is that the saying "ina lillah wa ina ileyhi rajiun" is not only for when someone dies. Whenever we are having difficulty and feel we are getting impatient it is good to say this. We must remember that all things come from Allah and acknowledge that fact.
May Allah guide us all and make us patient through all tests in life.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by MrCrackles(m): 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2009
Barka De Jumaah Everybody tongue

Abeg make una pray for Brash! sad

Dis kid needs to be more dedicated
! sad
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Riskie(f): 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2009
Brash!!!! Didn't I warn you? Lazy boy tongue I will report you o! You better make sure you go next week grin
Re: Barka Juma'ah by muhsin(m): 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2009
David's 'guts' are fascinating. I commend him on that. But I'd like to also tell him; inshaAllah all these shameless accusations he tirelessly heaps at Muslims and Islam would someday be a story to tell, for he would silently convert to the religion. Wish him all the best.

Oh, I reached mosque at a very late time, when prayer had already commenced. Have a lecture 11-01pm, Nigerian time. Thus, I listened to no part of the sermon.

Any way, Jumu'ah Kareem, my muslim brothers an sisters of the house. May Allah guide us to the right path, ameen.

Muhsin
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Mustay(m): 2:01am On Feb 21, 2009
The imam talked about the importance of prayers. Basically, the highlights were:
1. Praying at midmight
2. Praying for those who have contributed to your success(es) in life in any little way
3. Remembering to seek forgiveness before praying; praising Allah and also remembering pbuh
4. Doing good deeds. Try to make good deeds > sins.
5. "Pestering" Allah with your requests.
6. As mentioned in 2, assisting those who have helped you in life - "do me, i do better"
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 1:16pm On Feb 27, 2009
Barka Juma`ah everyone smiley
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Jarus(m): 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2009
Barka Jumuah
Re: Barka Juma'ah by javalove(m): 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2009
Jmat was good. I missed Sermon sha. Had to pray outside.

May Allah accept it still and yours too . . i mean everyone !!!
Re: Barka Juma'ah by babs787(m): 7:44pm On Feb 27, 2009
Barka Jumuah and may Allah grant us long life to be able to witness more (Amin)
Re: Barka Juma'ah by muhsin(m): 10:53pm On Feb 27, 2009
Jumu'at Kareem.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Remii(m): 7:59am On Mar 01, 2009
I prayed at Jumat beside Mobil House, the Imam talked about hasten to pray in the mosque. He said timely arrival and listening to lecture, khutbah,  has lot of virtues and would enhance quality of reward for the ibaadah on the day of judgement.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by vescucci(m): 11:47am On Mar 06, 2009
Barka Jumu'ah to everyone. I hope I make it in time today
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 11:51am On Mar 06, 2009
Amin.

You will make it smiley

Barka Juma'ah everyone
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Remii(m): 1:19pm On Mar 06, 2009
Barka Jummah to all. May Allah grant us the grace of witness of this day and accept our acts as good ibaadah. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Barka Juma'ah by Jarus(m): 5:44pm On Mar 06, 2009
Prayed Jumuah at 1004 today. I actually wanted to go to Eti-Osa LG Secretariat mosque as usual, but my boss( ED Finance) said we should go to 1004 and I followed him.

Pitiably, I didn't meet the sermon again today. The prayer started immediately we got there.

Barka Jumuah
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 1:08pm On Mar 13, 2009
Barka Juma'ah everyone may the blessings of this Friday and the khutba be upon us all , our families and the entire Islamic Ummah smiley
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Jarus(m): 11:14am On Mar 14, 2009
Barka Jumuah
Re: Barka Juma'ah by auwal87(m): 1:33pm On Mar 20, 2009
Jumu'at Kareem!
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 3:55pm On Mar 20, 2009
Barka Juma'ah ,

Today's Khutba was on lies.,deceit and falsehood , i was late so i just heard the closing parts.

The Imam said that even lying on April fool is not permitted, he said some of us think its a prank and its ok to tell that lie in other to play pranks on people.

he said lying in all instances is sinful and we should try to avoid lying.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Jarus(m): 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2009
Barka Jumuat to all my Muslim brothers & sisters!
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Remii(m): 12:46pm On Mar 27, 2009
Barka Jumah May Allah accept all our efforts as act of ibaadah. Amen
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 4:11pm On Mar 27, 2009
Amin smiley

Barka Juma'ah everyone . .
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Jarus(m): 6:00pm On Mar 27, 2009
Jumuah brothers & sisters.
The sermon was OK and the Imam talked about the virtues of treating our parents well.

I've not been seeing Crackles here for some time. Hope u're now making Jumuah in London?
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Remii(m): 10:50pm On Mar 27, 2009
Zaid Ibn Thabit (RA) - The official compiler of the Qur’anic text:

Every great religion in the world has its religious text (book). Islam is no exception to the rule, but it is different in a way from other religions in the sense that its Holy Book has characteristics that are unique to it:

1. Every single word of it was divinely revealed to the Messenger of Allah; hence it can be rightly called ‘the Word of Allah’ in the literal sense of the expression. In Islam there is a clear distinction between the Qur’an (the Words of Allah as revealed verbatim to the Prophet Muhammad), and the Hadith (the words of the Prophet Muhammad or reports of his actions).

2. The Qur’an is the only scripture that has been preserved intact through both written and oral means.

3. The Qur’an is the only scripture that has served as the constitution for many a government and state throughout the Islamic history.

These are but a few features that give the Scripture of Islam its unique distinction. Among the people to whom Muslims are to be grateful for the written preservation of the Holy Qur’an is our hero, Zaid ibn Thabit (RA), who was one of the Prophet’s scribes.

Zaid’s widowed mother asked some of her male relatives to mention to the Prophet (SAW) her son’s desire to be closely associated with him (SAW) through constant companionship. The Prophet (SAW) listened to Zaid’s recitation of Qur’an, which he found very clear and accurate, revealing this teenager’s special linguistic talents. He (SAW) ordered him also to learn Hebrew in order to facilitate the Prophet’s communication with the Jews. Later, Zaid (RA) learnt Syriac, thus, becoming an official interpreter and translator for the Prophet (SAW). Eventually, Zaid (RA) became one of the official scribes of the Prophet (SAW), who was called to write the Divine revelations that came to the Prophet (SAW) from Heaven.

During the battle of Al-Yamamah, when a large number of the companions of the Prophet (SAW) who knew the Qur’an by heart were killed, Umar ibn Al-Khattab (RA) expressed his great worry that some verses of the Qur’an known to some companions might be forgotten due to the death of those companions. So he suggested to the Caliph Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq (RA) to have the Qur’an collected and compiled. Abu Bakr (RA) was hesitant in the beginning because as he said, this is something not done by the Prophet (SAW). However, he was convinced of the necessity of the matter, because in the lifetime of the Prophet (SAW), there was no need for such an action since the “conveyor” of the message was living among them.

The Caliph found that Zaid (RA) was the man for the job. Thus, he addressed him, “You are a young man who is wise and trustworthy. You used to write the revelation for the Prophet (SAW), so collect the Qur’an and compile it. Zaid (RA) reports, “I swear by Allah that had they asked me to move a mountain, it would have been easier than the task assigned to me.” Though Zaid (RA) himself knew the whole Qur’an by heart along with many others, he followed a very meticulous procedure in the compilation of the Holy text:

1. Everyone who knew a portion of the Qur’an came forward and reported it to be written by the committee. However, the report was not accepted unless the reporting companion heard it directly from the Prophet (SAW) himself, and the text was checked with the Prophet (SAW) during his lifetime.

2. The verses and chapters of the text were written in the order assigned to them by the Prophet.

3. In order to ensure authenticity, no text was accepted unless the person who reported it to the committee brought two witnesses who saw him hear the verses directly from the Prophet.

Through these procedures, aided by Umar (RA)Zaid collected the whole text of the Holy Qur’an, which was then preserved and kept by Abu Bakr (RA), then upon his death, by the second Caliph Umar (RA) who entrusted it upon his death to his daughter Hafsah, a former wife of the Prophet (SAW). We learn from history that the Prophet (SAW) allowed his followers to recite the Holy Qur’an according to their own dialects. When the Islamic State expanded, the companions spread all over the newly conquered areas; each companion taught the Qur’an the way he pronounced it. This caused confusion, especially to many new converts who could not understand such differences in pronunciation. People almost started fighting over the correctness of each other’s way of reciting the certain verses. To avert the chaos and confusion, the great Caliph Uthman ibn Affan (RA), consulted the companions and made the historical decision of a “standard version” to be followed by everybody. He sent for the text compiled earlier and kept with Hafsah (RA), and he ordered a committee that included Zaid ibn Thabit (RA), to make copies of that text and have them sent to the major centers of the State. Then he ordered that all other copies be destroyed, thus, ensuring the unification of the manner of reciting the Holy Qur’an.

To this day, whenever we open a copy of the Holy Qur’an, we may find the expression “according to the Uthmani script” in reference to those standard copies made at the order of the Caliph Uthman (RA) and executed by our hero Zaid ibn Thabit (RA), with the aid of a few illustrious companions of the Prophet (SAW).

(Died in the year 45 After Hijrah)

Reference: Heroes of Islam; By Professor Mahmoud Esma’il Sieny
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Remii(m): 3:03am On Apr 03, 2009
It is Juma'ah here in the Middle East: Barka Juma'ah make effort to get to mosque in good time for the Khutbah, it is the main essence of Jumah.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2009
Barka Jumaa everyone smiley

Nice @ remi, will make it on time today Insha Allah
Re: Barka Juma'ah by miftah: 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2009
Alhamdulillahi Robil A`alamin,av tried as much as possible to make one contribution or other to dis noble thread,as today is a blessed day for all Muslims of the world, i will like to briefly mention some ways in which our Jumat will be aceepted by ALLAH swt and some Ibadah dat the prophet enlighten us:

1. We shld kno dat it`s a command from ALLAH swt,either u a cripple,deaf,dump or u are an able body person it is mandatory on us all to pray JUMAH.(Suratul Jumu`ah testifies dis).

The Sunnah part of it is nice and rewardable if we can practice it,They are as follows:

1. Perform Ghuslu before gng to Masjid

2. Wear the best among your cloth

3. Men can use Perfume,but it`s haram for women because the Prophet said any women dat uses perfume is an adulterer,and she has to perform Ghuslu before her prayer will be accepted by ALLAH.

4. Leave for masjid on time,The Prophet give example of some1 who get to the mosque before the IMAM start the khutbah is like wen you do sadaqoh wit a CAMEL while the person dat came last was like some1 dat do a sodaqah wit an egg.

5. Perform 4rakaats of Nawafil if the Khutbah has not commence,perform 2 rakaats and recite short Surat from the holy Qu`ran if the khutbah has commenced even if they are calling the adhan and you enter the Masjid,you nd not to wait because the khutbah of that day is much important.

6. Don`t pass across people sitting and try as much as possible not to talk with anybody

7. Don`t count tasbih or rosery at dis time,just listen to Khutbah it`s very important.

8. Find time to read Suratul Kahf

9. Always put the rememberance of ALLAH as your topmost ZHIKRI

10. Remember to do Solaatul for the Prophet. (Allahuma soli ala sayyidina Muhammad wa ala sayyidina Muhammad wa saleem.)

Evidences are in Bulug Miraam by Asqolaani and Minhaj Muslim.

May ALLAH swt in His infinite mercy accept our Ibadah and make us all meet in Al jannatul Firdaus and save our brothers and sister`s out there from tyrant.Amin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? / Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.