Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Barka Juma'ah - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Barka Juma'ah (108200 Views)

Barka Da Sallah Nairalanders / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak / Eid Ul Fitri: Barka Da Sallah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barka Juma'ah by Remii(m): 10:34am On Apr 10, 2009
Salam alaekum , Barka Jummah, Brothers and Sisters. Remember to switch off your cell phones or put it on silence mode before entering the mosque. I always leave mine in the car though, then call back any unlikely missed calls. May Allah accept our efforts, reward and bless us. Amen.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2009
Salaam everyone

Remii
in almost all mosques there is a message about switching off your phones before entering the mosque smiley

Braka Juma'ah everyone.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by babs787(m): 6:31pm On Apr 10, 2009
Barka Jumuah to my Brothers and Sisters
Re: Barka Juma'ah by muhsin(m): 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2009
My belated Barka da Jumu'ah my muslim brothers and sisters.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2009
Barka Juma'ah everyone smiley
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Remii(m): 11:10am On Apr 24, 2009
Barka Jummah Brothers and Sisters in Islam.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by ishow2005(m): 11:37am On Apr 24, 2009
plz lets make sure we dont talk at jumah cos he who talk while d sermon is on do not have prayer even if ,
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2009
Barka Juma'ah everyone smiley
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Jarus(m): 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2009
ishow2005:

plz lets make sure we dont talk at jumah cos he who talk while d sermon is on do not have prayer even if ,
This is very important, but many people don't know. May Allah help us.

I prayed Jumuah at Eti-Osa LG Secretariat Mosque today and teh sermon centred on the role of youths in the spread of Islam. The Imam also touched discipline among Muslim youths etc.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Lagosboy: 10:36am On May 01, 2009
Jumah mubarak

Lets remember the simple ettiquettes of jumah today like cutting of the nails if u didnt yesterday, making ghusl and men you could put some nice perfume on to the masjid.

After asr is important time on fridays to make supplication the our Lord. The prophet (PBUH) when he listed the 5 times duas are speedily accepted mention a particular time on fridays and several scholars and commentators considered this time period after asr. Wallahu a'lam.

may the khutbah be a testimony for us and not against us.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by babs787(m): 12:34pm On May 01, 2009
may the khutbah be a testimony for us and not against us

Amin and Barka Jumuah in advance cheesy
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Phemour: 5:06pm On May 01, 2009
I went to juma'ah, but very late.
Barka Juma'ah
Re: Barka Juma'ah by babs787(m): 7:21pm On May 01, 2009
I went to juma'ah, but very late.
Barka Juma'ah

May Allah accept your Ibaadah as well as that of Muslims around the world, the helpless, those in need of one or thing or the other, the oppressed etc
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Remii(m): 1:16pm On May 02, 2009
Brothers and Sisters please accept my belated Barka Jummah and enjoy the following:

Characteristics of a Muslim Husband

No one ever thinks about the characteristics of a Muslim husband. It is
always what a wife should do for the husband, and the list never ends; home
management, tutoring, ferrying the kids, caring, cooking, cleaning, washing,
working, even ; you name it, she is doing it, so what about the brothers?
Our beloved Prophet SAW was not THIS lazy, so why the men of this ummah. It
is quite interesting, so I thought I'd share it with you !!! What a Muslim
husband should be like,

1. Dress up for your wife, look clean and smell good. When was the last timeyou went shopping for designer pyjamas? Just like the husband wants his wife to look nice for him, she also wants her husband to
dress up for her too.
Remember that the Prophet (PBUH) would always start
with Miswak when returning home and always loved the sweetest smells.

2. Use the best names for your wife.
Call your wife by the most beloved names to her,
and avoid using names that hurt their feelings.

3. Don't treat her like a fly. We never think about a fly in our daily lives until it 'bugs' us.
Similarly, a wife will do well all day - which brings no attention from the husband - until she does something to 'bug' him.
Don't treat her like this; recognize all the good that she does and focus on that.

4. Avoid too much complaint.
If you see wrong from your wife, try being silent and do not comment! This is one of the ways the Prophet (PBUH) used when he would see something inappropriate from his wives (R.A).It's a technique that few Muslim men have mastered.

5. Smile at your wife whenever you see her and embrace her often.
Smiling is Sadaqah and your wife is not exempt from the Muslim Ummah. Imagine life with her constantly seeing you smiling.Remember also those Ahadith when the
Prophet (PBUH) would kiss his wife before leaving for Salaah, even when he
was fasting.

6. Thank her for all that she does for you. Then thank her again!
Take for example a dinner at your house. She makes the food, cleans the home, and a
dozen other tasks to prepare. And sometimes the only acknowledgment she
receives is that there needed to be more salt in the soup. Don't let that
be; thank her!

7. Ask her to write down the last ten things you did for her that made her happy. Then go and do them again. It may be hard to recognize what gives your wife pleasure. You don't have to play a guessing game, ask her and work on repeating those times in your life.

8. Don't belittle her desires. Comfort her. Sometimes the men may look down upon the requests of their wives. The Prophet (PBUH) set the
example for us in an incident when Safiyyah (R.A) was crying because, as she
said, he had put her on a slow camel. He wiped her tears, comforted her, and
brought her the camel.

9. Be humorous and play games with your wife. Look at how the Prophet (PBUH) would race with his wife Aisha (R.A) in the desert. When was the last timewe did something like that?

10. Always remember the words of Allah's Messenger (PBUH): 'The best of you are those who treat their families the best. And I am the best amongst you to my family.' Try to be the best!

In conclusion: Never forget to make Dua (Prayer) to Allah - ta'ala to make your marriage successful. And Allah ta'ala knows best!!

1 Like

Re: Barka Juma'ah by Lagosboy: 3:49pm On May 03, 2009
jazakallah bro its a very nice article that husbands should take heed. Its always our beautiful women that are at the recieving end evrytime and often times people forget what a man should do to make his queen happy.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 12:58pm On May 08, 2009
Barka Juma'ah everyone.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by babs787(m): 8:44pm On May 08, 2009
Barka Juma'ah to the entire Ummah
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Abuzola(m): 11:15pm On May 08, 2009
Juma'ah kareem @all
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Abuzola(m): 11:20pm On May 08, 2009
I learnt that magog and gog (majuj and yajuj) are human beings infact descendant of Noah (Nuh)
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Abuzola(m): 11:31pm On May 08, 2009
I learnt that magog and gog are 9/10 of mankind, meaning outnumbered us and they exist as we are speaking
Re: Barka Juma'ah by babs787(m): 6:12pm On May 09, 2009
@Abuzola

I learnt that magog and gog (majuj and yajuj) are human beings infact descendant of Noah (Nuh)

Yes

I learnt that magog and gog are 9/10 of mankind, meaning outnumbered us and they exist as we are speaking

Yes

Read:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-41732.0.html

4. Khuruuj-Ya’juuj-wa-Ma’juuj (Appearance of the Gog and Magog)

Quran 21 v 96: until the Gog and Magog (people) are let through (their barrier), and hey swiftly swarm from every hill.

The Gog and the Magog people are two wild, lawless and powerful tribes of remote descendant from prophet Nuh. They will carry out murder and pillage anywhere they go. They are liker a virulent tempest against the ship. They will be so numerous that Abdullah Ibn Umar (RA) said that if the entire creation of men and Jinns are in tens, they will be nine out each. These terrible creatures have been in existence since the time of the righteous man called Dhul-Qarnayn in the Quran. They were so notorious for disorderly behaviour and incursion on the surface of the earth, that their generation could not withstand their frocity. Thus, they sought the aid of Dhul-Qarnayn to help them erect a barrier to seal them off. This Allah narrates thus:

Quran 18 v 93-99: Until when he reached the place between the two mountains, he found beneath them a people who would scarcely understand a word. They said, ‘O Dhul-Qarnayn, verily, Gog and Magog are creating disorder in the earth, shall we then pay you tribute on condition that you set up a barrier between us and them? He replied, ‘the power with which my Lord has endowed me about this is better, but you may help me with physical strength; I will set up a barrier between you and them; bring me blocks of iron; they did so till, when he had leveled up the space between the two mountain sides, he said, ‘now blow with your bellows’. They blew till, when he had made it red as fire, he said, ‘bring me molten copper that I may pour it thereon; so they (Gog and Magog) were not able to scale it, thereupon he said, ‘this is my mercy from my Lord. However when th promise of my Lord shall come to past, He will break it into pieces. In addition, the promise of my Lord is certainly true, and on that day, we shall leave some of them to surge against others, and the Trumpet will be blown. Then shall we gather.

They have continued to dig this erected rampart every day to escape from the barrier, but when they are almost through, they will postpone it until the next day. Meanwhile, Allah will return the fort into a stronger state. They will continue like that until Allah will want them to appear on earth. On this fateful day, they will return to their digging and find it so thin as they have left it. They will hurriedly finish the digging and troop out. They will wreck such destruction on everything on earth that the people will go into hiding. Allah will then inform prophet Isa (Jesus) that He has released these creatures from their abode and that He should take the believers to mount Tuur for no power can stand in their way.

They will then spread out leaping across every land and sea. Their advance groups will pass by lake Tiberias and drink up all its water so that when their rear groups get there, there will be no water. They will say, ‘at one time there used to be water here!’. They will march on to a mountain in Jerusalem (Khamar) and declare thus, ‘we have overcome those on earth’. They will start shooting their arrows towards the heavens and when they are returned with blood smearing them, they will say, ‘we have triumphed over those in the heavens too’.

Meanwhile, prophet Isa (Jesus) and the other Muslims will remain in their confinement praying fervently to Allah against the onslaughts of these creatures. Allah will create a germ in the necks of the Gog and Magog people. This will make them fall dead. Such that when Jesus and the righteous ones with him descend from the mountain, they will not find a hand’s breath of space free from the corpses of the Gog and Magog and their putrefaction and stench. They will again pray to Allah, who will then send birds as big as the neck of the Bactarian camel to carry these corpses away and dump them where He wills. Afterwards, there will be a downpour of rain to cleanse the earth of their obnoxious stench and fat. The earth will be instructed to grow its fruits and regain its fertility to the extent that a group of people will be satisfied eating one pomegranate and will be able to have shelter under the shade of its leaves. The blessing in milk will also be so abundant that the milk of one she-camel will suffice for a large company and that of a cow will be enough for a tribe and that of a goat will satisfy a family.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Abuzola(m): 11:15pm On May 09, 2009
Allahu akbar ! this is why islam is my pride, am always confident and fearless of death. up Islam up Muhammad (S.A.W)
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Abuzola(m): 11:18pm On May 09, 2009
Now lets discuss this: the tribe of magog and gog are farmers and very good in carving and carpentaring
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Abuzola(m): 11:22pm On May 09, 2009
Why didn't they make a long ladder to scale the wall ?
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Abuzola(m): 11:26pm On May 09, 2009
Lastly, d drilling- they use to go home and b4 d next day d hole is cemented, but why didn't they do division of labour
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Abuzola(m): 11:33pm On May 09, 2009
As in reserve day and night workers. masalam may Allah forgive me if am speaking ignorantly amin
Re: Barka Juma'ah by babs787(m): 6:30pm On May 10, 2009
@Abuzola

As in reserve day and night workers. masalam may Allah forgive me if am speaking ignorantly amin

Lastly, d drilling- they use to go home and b4 d next day d hole is cemented, but why didn't they do division of labour
Why didn't they make a long ladder to scale the wal[/b]l ?

Answers are here and take note of my enboldened words:

They have continued to dig this erected rampart every day to escape from the barrier, but when they are almost through, they will postpone it until the next day. [b]Meanwhile, Allah will return the fort into a stronger state.
T[b]hey will continue like that until Allah will want them to appear on earth[/b]. On this fateful day, they will return to their digging and find it so thin as they have left it. They will hurriedly finish the digging and troop out. They will wreck such destruction on everything on earth that the people will go into hiding. Allah will then inform prophet Isa (Jesus) that He has released these creatures from their abode and that He should take the believers to mount Tuur for no power can stand in their way.

Its Allah's wish to make it like that and for them to reason the way you have been since its not yet the time but when the time comes, Allah would make it easier for them.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Abuzola(m): 6:49pm On May 10, 2009
Jazakhallah khairan
Re: Barka Juma'ah by babs787(m): 7:48pm On May 14, 2009
Barka Jumauh in advancement grin grin
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Remii(m): 2:47am On May 15, 2009
Barka Jumah Brothers and Sisters.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Lagosboy: 10:29am On May 15, 2009
Jumah Mubarak to all.

Bros and sis do not forget to recite surah Kahf today and get your hearts illuminated from this friday to the next friday. If you cant recite arabic, read the english transilteration and i fyou cant read the english translation.

May Allah bless you all.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by dominique(f): 5:22pm On May 15, 2009
Jumah mubarak brothers and sis, may Allah (SWT) continue to guide us aright smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? / Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.