Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. - Romance (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. (56808 Views)

5 Weird Toasting Styles Nigerian Guys Use For Women. / Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Irritating Things Nigerian Guys Do That Turn Ladies Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by queensmith: 3:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
GodMode:

Rubbish...

introducing another intelligent male Nigerian grin grin grin they de plenty for this place

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by MrsChima(f): 3:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
I bet 98% of the Nigerian men on this thread think they are smarter than their Nigerian mothers! grin grin

Watch how they will say there is no comparison or leave their mothers out of it!

(NIgerian mothers are part of the Nigerian women group)

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by GodMode: 3:50pm On Apr 20, 2015
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 20, 2015
iPrevail:

Lol.. Sadly, I can't oppose you on this.
In general, women have this problem with intellect peculiar to their specie.. But African women especially Nigerian women, they're are deep down at the bottom of that hole with so little hope.
However, I still fault the men.. Our men this time. It's like trying to grow a fine crop among weeds or lighting a candle in the wind.. What would you expect in a society prevalent of gender oppression and misogynistic ideologies?
..we still believe our women are no good and we're hardly giving them a chance to prove us wrong.
Oh! I'll be damned if I hear you say they weren't given chance, what about the likes of Alison madueke, ikonjo iweala, stellah oduah, Omobola Olubusola Johnson, hajiyah zainab, Olajumoke Akinjide, Prof Viola Onwuliri, Hajia and a host of others. what exactly is their contributions to the development of this Nation?

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by queensmith: 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2015
GodMode:

You're weird crycrycry

and you are a brilliant example of the typical Nigerian male!

I shall start a thread and use you for 'observation' *rolls eyes*
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Missonas(f): 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2015
queensmith:

introducing another intelligent male Nigerian grin grin grin they de plenty for this place
Is it not visible lol that's what too much intellect does to you grin.Dude even had to repost all of ya 'rubbish' hehehe

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by queensmith: 3:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
Missonas:

Is it not visible lol that's what too much intellect does to you grin.Dude even had to repost all of ya 'rubbish' hehehe

lol and another woman will come and say because more men 'participated' they are intelligent.

Unfortunately that mumus vote counts!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
Chinum:

What's ur definition of a stating a pandemic fact. @ red coloured, u ended doing exactly what you r claimed to abhor through the green coloured.

Is thid how you will wngage in the 'indubitable' discuss? I'll pass. cool
What exactly is your point? Cos I don't seem to get it.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
Samadict:
I disagree. Silence isn't lack of knowledge. I go through lot of interesting threads on NL but seldom comment not because I know not what to say but cos I have a reason for opening NL which is different from commenting. I commend the Op for this thread...Why? you'll ask smiley You wanna see ladies come out of their ghost mode and it's working. Ghost mode reactivated grin

Yet you commented on this thread. Your behavior in this instance has shown that in cases when you feel like you have a point to make and are sufficiently interested in the subject matter, you will speak up. That tells me that when you go through these political and other such threads that you claim to have a reserved opinion/knowledge on, you simply do not have enough interest to contribute or you actually do not have anything to contribute at all. Which is exactly the point the O.P is making.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by dany87: 3:55pm On Apr 20, 2015
Except for some valuable contributions, the level of discussion in this thread is very bad, to say the least.

If we understand wise and knowledgeable as being educated or being able to talk about current politics, there are a series of key social and cultural differences between men and women:

1. Women are less likely to be sent to school by their mothers.

2. Women do not have many female role models (do any of you have grandmothers with university degrees?)

3. FEMALE Child marriages (as well as female genital mutilation: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3507121/) are common (often married to older males) and their opportunities for education are reduced (specially in the North).

4. In this society, there is almost a difference of 20% between the number of literate men (70%) and women (50%). It is easy to see why women are less wise/knowledgeable. Many of them never had the chance to get a decent education.

5. In other countries, women only had a more equal (though men still have a better position) situation till very recently, and that is why there are few famous female scientists/philosophers/politicians/engineers in historical records. But even in these cases, we can see there were quite a few of them (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_scientists_before_the_21st_century).

I think we need to encourage our women to go into science and technology and change some of these old (some of them brought by the Arabs, Europeans, Americans or other foreign powers) traditions. Our society can only modernise if women receive the education they need so we can enjoy spending our time with educated and wise women.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by GodMode: 3:56pm On Apr 20, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
queensmith:

lol and another woman will come and say because more men 'participated' they are intelligent.

You know you are annoying right? angry
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by nonjebose(m): 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2015
MrsChima:
I bet 98% of the Nigerian men on this thread think they are smarter than their Nigerian mothers! grin grin

Watch how they will say there is no comparison or leave their mothers out of it!

(NIgerian mothers are part of the Nigerian women group)
My dad is smarter than my mum, and she knows it. How about that for comparison

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Emdeejay: 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2015
Queensmith you've gain a fan today. I think you've stated an intelligent opinion. But I will disagree with something. Even if the op came up with conclusion that might not be true, she did based on a specific observation. I'm all for following the scientific method. If I did the same for my society, i will come up with the opposite conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by histemple: 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
Princecalm:
You should try and ask the person[color=#000099][/color] that said "what a man can do a woman can do it better".

This is a primordial delusion. A woman can only do what she can do and maybe better than her fellow women. And this assumption has so much caused serious chauvinistic marginalisation on women because it is seen as an indirect contest.

No matter how weak the Super Eagles are, Super Falcons who are African women champions can't compete with them.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Missonas(f): 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
queensmith:

Exactly!And this is what we see on here we can only imagine hw it is on the outside yet we take it all in and stand tall!
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by MrsChima(f): 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
nonjebose:
My dad is smarter than my mum, and she knows it. How about that for comparison

Are you smarter than your mom?

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by queensmith: 4:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
Emdeejay:
Queensmith you've gain a fan today. I think you've stated an intelligent opinion. But I will disagree with something. Even if the op came up with conclusion that might not be true, she did based on a specific observation. I'm all for following the scientific method. If I did the same for my society, i will come up with the opposite conclusion.

Her observation is flawed - she couldn't have made them in a classroom or from academic literature?

Look at it this way - if i attended an arsenal match at emirates or even the local sports bar what conclusion do you think i'm going to draw if I decided to embark on a political or even academic conversation?

Again, we know female attainment is down to a number of factors, it isn't as simple as 'i listened to a radio program and women are stewpid'.

Let me give you an example
I have made the same conclusions from typical Nigerians I met in the workplace, in fact I have vowed never to hire a specific Nigerian ethnic group because of my experience. Tell me is this fair to those individuals?

4 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Chinum: 4:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
queensmith:

grin grin grin
Me sef don dey fear these intelligent males. grin

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by nonjebose(m): 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
MrsChima:

Are you smarter than your mom?
Am smarter than my partner, even when she is reluctant to accept. How about that for comparison

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Chinum: 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2015
Borrussia:
What exactly is your point? Cos I don't seem to get it.

Oh! My sweet Lord! In aunt Maya's Voice

I'm sure you don't. grin
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Avalani(m): 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
goodmorning40:
No women are jars of knowledge, it's just that they are busy humans they have a lot of things acting in them and on them that they do not have time for arguments and opinions unlike guys who are always idle minded and free headed
And that is why crime is more in the guy folks; idle minds

You do realise that prostitution is a crime in Nigeria, don't you?

Secondly, if girls are always so busy and never have time for constructive dialogue and educated discussions, then how come they have time to make gossiping their own?

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
gospi:

Missclassyy, Oh well. This thread is really insulting I must say. But like u wrote.. Its based on ur observations...

Wen lawyers meet to discuss topics in dia field ,how well do you think an accountant wld contribute? Can u now say the accountant is not intelligent cos he can not discuss intelligently in d field of Law?
My point is .. It all comes down to d Topic of interest... Okay...
Wen ladies talk abt cooking ,how many men can give meaningful contributions? Should we now say they ar not intelligent cos they can not giv reasonable contributions in a matter they are "perhaps" not wired for?
Most ladies are not dat interested in politics, so u won't expect dem to know so much,but engage them in somtin els that catches dia interest I bet u ,alota men won't stand dem.

2ndly.. Most ladies won't contribute cos they hav allowed people( especially men) deceive them into believing that its not "lady-like" to argue especially in public..so for dat reason dey tend to keep dia opinions to demselves..

3rdly.. A lot of times Most Men argue to Win .. They feel intimidated wen a lady is "winning" them in d discussions... So wen they know u are saying somtin reasonable they resrt to insults...which a lot of ladies avoid... So many reasons jareh.
Nobody is mor intelligent or knowledgeable dan d oda.

[size=15pt]Everyone shut up!!

This is the answer to the thread. tongue

This is the ONLY intelligent male on this thread, IMHO tongue[/size]

So I should come and start arguing to show I'm "reasonable and knowledgeable?"

Ain't nobody got that time. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Neally(m): 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
If you've struggled to earn a good income online...it probably wasn't your fault Because you were LIED to! It's about time that somebody finally told you, once & for all..just visit http://www.netbiznaija.com/hope/ for the answer
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Fratello(m): 4:14pm On Apr 20, 2015
MrsChima:
Despite the saying that the most educated are Nigerian men...I have met a plethora or "educated" Nigerian men who can't reason to save their life. Just because you can regurgitate what you have digested from lecture halls doesn't make you smart.

Education and Intelligence are two separate definitions and you would think it would be interchangeable but, if George Bush Jr who graduated from an ivy league institution can be coined as the dumbest president in HISTORY.

Educated doesn't mean you have wits or common sense that is what smart is!
What are you typing ?...Ma
No relationship to the OP's view init. MDR
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Samadict(f): 4:14pm On Apr 20, 2015
AncientJerk:

Yet you commented on this thread. Your behavior in this instance has shown that in cases when you feel like you have a point to make and are sufficiently interested in the subject matter, you will speak up. That tells me that when you go through these political and other such threads that you claim to have a reserved opinion/knowledge on, you simply do not have enough interest to contribute or you actually do not have anything to contribute at all. Which is exactly the point the O.P is making.
#smiles...I won't argue with you sir. We are all entitled to our opinions the last time I checked.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by queensmith: 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
Chinum:

grin grin grin
Me sef don dey fear these intelligent males. grin

beginning of wisdom be that oo!

So long as the fear stays online - you quash them in the workplace and classroom and go about ya business!

grin

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by MrsChima(f): 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
nonjebose:
Am smarter than my partner, even when she is reluctant to accept. How about that for comparison

Okay...I will take that as a no.
Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by babilicious: 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
Well.....that's definitely your opinion and it depends on the women or ladies you associate with or how you've decided to limit your sense of reasoning , I strongly believe their are intelligent and knowledgeable ladies out there (lawyers, Doctors, engineers e.t.c) that can engage in reasonble disscusion e.g politics, history, philosophy, sports,entertainment) ..I pray you'll meet them someday and be flabbergasted for years and I pray you meet ladies like me (lawyer) so that you can argue (reasonably) and get exhausted.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
Chinum:

Oh! My sweet Lord! In aunt Maya's Voice

I'm sure you don't. grin
There you go about sheering pointless jargons outta your Leaping Lena, quote me not if you've got nothing tangible to utter.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Guys Wiser And More Knowledgable Than Nigerian Ladies. by MrsChima(f): 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
queensmith:

beginning of wisdom be that oo!

So long as the fear stays online - you quash them in the workplace and classroom and go about ya business!

grin

Missed you! cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (28) (Reply)

10 Things Ladies Do After A Break-up / My Ex Views My Stories And Status But Ignores My Messages / Are You Dating A Boy Or A Man *signs*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.