Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,876 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia (94914 Views)

Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 20, 2015
[s]
Duch2010:

Bostwanan Bitchhhh! Read your reply to my last post. You sound like a defeated fooool! That's not enough, start getting more reasonable!
BB!!
[/s]
tongue tongue tongue Nye Nye Nye Nye Nye!!!

2 Likes

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PunkyOh(f): 1:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
BluIvy:

I haven't seen it yet. Was watching Zuma media briefing. Where is it shown kahle, kahle?

I don't know, sana. Mna I'm at work so I won't be watching. Was just curious to hear what he had/has to say. Maybe Soilsister can give us the 411.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Isangad1(m): 1:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
them just give d go ahead 2 kill south africans. d hunt start now
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2015
BluIvy:

Are you that dumbb? Why would she talk crrapp about our country to the extent of saying Boko Haram is better but still want to stay put? Who stays in such an evil place as per her own description when its not even her country? I am the one who is saying if we are that bad as a country she must stop yapping much and voetsek! She must leave if its really that bad or she is just playing to the audience. Nonsense!

You seem overly excited kiddo, undecided talking much but saying nothing undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PunkyOh(f): 1:05pm On Apr 20, 2015
Isangad1:
them just give d go ahead 2 kill south africans. d hunt start now

Ooh, so scary cheesy LMFAO

"Wathinta thina, wathinta'abangasay' kufa
Safa saphenduka, phenduki nje bomvu
Hawu we nkonyane ka Ndaba!"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 20, 2015
lestat:

You seem overly excited kiddo, undecided talking much but saying nothing undecided undecided

**twerking** tongue
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by mulattoclaro(m): 1:25pm On Apr 20, 2015
Vivipop:
That's the spirit. It's so relieving to know people like you are still in existence. #Naijawillgetthere
thanks a lot. Nigeria needs togetherness and not division or tribal warfare be it physic or on social media. Let's inculcate the spirit that binds us when we watch the Super Eagles or when we watch our favourite club side play and let's apply that same spirit in our day to day lives. The older generation messed things up and sowed a seed of hatred and discord amongst us. Let our generation be the change we need to move this great country forward. I'm sorry if my comments or posts have contained or incited hatred towards any ethnic group or tribe. I ask for forgiveness and plead we come together to make this great move to the next level. Even better than what it is.

2 Likes

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PunkyOh(f): 1:25pm On Apr 20, 2015
BluIvy:

**twerking** tongue

hahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by wheezyoung(m): 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
LastProphet:

Ibos will continue to be killed everywhere until do learn to respect other people's boundary, oloshi
your words bro...not mine..*hands up*
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by mpowa(m): 1:36pm On Apr 20, 2015
Ofornaira:
What have igbos done to you guys? You are jealous of igbos because they are industrous. Just look around u, u will find out that most of the big shops around u are owned by igbos. The same is applicable to other places.

I really don't know what to be jealous of about you people, I think the reason why not much have changed for you lots is because you don't tell yourselves the truth. Isn't it high time, you put your acts together and stop allowing people to be embarrassing you both home and abroad? You have this air of superiority complex, but it's you people that needs everybody else, why is your places not developed? why can't you stay in your lands? why are you the ones everyone seems to be pursuing. You are industrous, why can't you open those wonderful shops in your own states? your governors gets allocations like lagos and every other places, what do they use it for? You won't ask questions, it is others you will be blaming when they choose to control their environment since you don't like to be controlled. You will say Tinumbu is a thief, but we can see what Tinumbu is sending money on, Your own governors that are stealing mercilessly, where are the money going?

When will you ask these questions?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by zizle87(f): 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
Ngwanu!! All of you be coming home!! Fast fast!! ... I dont blame the igbos, i blame our stupid government!. People go to South Africa because and face discrimination because of the opportunities there. That place is fine but very difficult to live in. If u rent a place and ur friend visits he has to pay for sleeping in your room. This country does everything it can to make it hard for foreigners... But i tell you the truth its not only the igbos that do drugs there... Yorubas too ... But the Koko is that its nigerians that misbehave the most. We give and take at the same time...a lot of the video directors we have trained there.. Nigerians school there and do legit business. But in honestly tired.. Make una come house make we show this our government shege so una no go need seek greener pastures.

2 Likes

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by tonychristopher: 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
There is a certain type of bag in Nigeria known as “Ghana-Must-Go” bag. It was the type of bag used by 700,000 citizens of Ghana to leave Nigeria in 1983.Today it is South Africans asking foreigners to leave their country and return to their impoverished lands. In 1983, it was Nigeria ordering citizens of Ghana and others to leave their country and return to their impoverished lands. History has a way of repeating itself.

It happened that in the 1970s, Ghana was facing a lot of economic hardship, just about the same time Nigeria had an oil boom. People were doing well in Nigeria. The economy was flourishing and the news spread across Africa, reaching English speaking people in Ghana first.
Citizens of Ghana moved to Nigeria in their thousands for a better life. Just like in South Africa now, things became a bit difficult in Nigeria, and Nigerians began to blame the foreigners for the difficult life. With low oil prices, they accused people from Ghana of taking all their jobs.
They urged the government to send them packing with immediate effect. In 1983, the Federal Government of Nigeria enacted an expulsion order under the leadership of President Shehu Shagari whose government was said to be corrupt and would be overthrown that same year by General Muhammadu Buhari who is the current President-elect of Nigeria.

Instead of addressing corruption in Nigeria, Shagari decided to send foreigners packing. About 700,000 citizens of Ghana were returned to their country. During the exodus, they used a peculiar type of bag to move their belongings. It was called by Nigerians ‘Ghana must go’ bag.
As they were leaving Nigerians were rejoicing, laughing and praising their corrupt government. But as a writer noted, the situation only got worse and Nigeria never recovered even after Buhari took over and was overthrown also by General Babangida.

Two decades earlier, life was better in Ghana and the country ordered foreigners, especially Nigerians to leave their country, only to end up in Nigeria and be asked to go also. History has a way of repeating itself.These days, Nigerians are trooping to Ghana to study and do business. I do not know if they will be asked to leave some day. I hope Ghana has learnt from history.

Why cant we just say the truth once, the Ghana peeps you chased away from Agege,Pen Cinema etc, have you forgotten so easily, it is the same set of people that will tell igbo that they should go (In the same country) and imagine if igbo are from another country, it is the same set of people that their Oba will threaten hails and brimstone should Igbo vote their choice, it is the same set of people crying doublestandard will shout we (G)hosted you. Now how can the same set of people be shouting against South Africa
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Vivipop(f): 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
mulattoclaro:
thanks a lot. Nigeria needs togetherness and not division or tribal warfare be it physic or on social media. Let's inculcate the spirit that binds us when we watch the Super Eagles or when we watch our favourite club side play and let's apply that same spirit in our day to day lives. The older generation messed things up and sowed a seed of hatred and discord amongst us. Let our generation be the change we need to move this great country forward. I'm sorry if my comments or posts have contained or incited hatred towards any ethnic group or tribe. I ask for forgiveness and plead we come together to make this great move to the next level. Even better than what it is.
With this, Who says there's no hope for us?... I'll buy you kilishii smiley
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by zizle87(f): 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by mulattoclaro(m): 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
Vivipop:

With this, Who says there's no hope for us?... I'll buy you kilishii smiley
Hahaha. Thanks but I don't know what's kiishii.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by zizle87(f): 1:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
I

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by soilsista(f): 2:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
PunkyOh:

Ooh, so scary cheesy LMFAO

"Wathinta thina, wathinta'abangasay' kufa
Safa saphenduka, phenduki nje bomvu
Hawu we nkonyane ka Ndaba!"
Lols! You're crazy
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Swiftboy(m): 2:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
The simple truth is dont keep quiet. Voice out even if its on social media. #sayNOtoXenophobic attack. I read a post from a South-African a while ago...he's supporting the attacks because a Nigerian scamed him R8,000 and as such the government did not do anything about it so its okay to do jungle justice instead of reporting to the authorities...weldone South-Africans,weldone!
soilsista:

Haisuka!! I'm done talking! Do whatever makes you happy hey. Nothing I say will change your mind. Rubbish nawe undecided
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by biggmusty(m): 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
wheezyoung:
not all Igbo's exhibit tribalism tho

True BT na all of them sabi form victim
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by soilsista(f): 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2015
Swiftboy:
The simple truth is dont keep quiet. Voice out even if its on social media. #sayNOtoXenophobic attack. I read a post from a South-African a while ago...he's supporting the attacks because a Nigerian scamed him R8,000 and as such the government did not do anything about it so its okay to do jungle justice instead of reporting to the authorities...weldone South-Africans,weldone!
Have I not been speaking out against it all this time?? I'm even tired from defending myself. You people can continue calling us names but I won't own it.

Good day smiley
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by koladebrainiac(m): 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
pazienza:
South Africa's Xenophobia isnt different from Nigerians Igbophobia. So, I don't know why Nigerian hypocrites are on south Africans case.
if Igbos are granted session now, would they stop encroaching on others land? Would they leave Lagos alone? If only Igbos can stay in there land and develop it,it would be so good. I just have one wish,that Buhari Administration develop Imo state to make it look close to Lagos in times of economic hub of the nation- I want Lagos to be de congested. They are causing embarrassment to Nigerians all over the world I just wish someone should build their state for them and make them strong in their own land- enough of their shameful and illegitimate claim to another person properties .

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Vivipop(f): 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Hahaha. Thanks but I don't know what's kiishii.
It's a dried suya-like delicacy. Don't worry, i'm sure you will like it.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by mulattoclaro(m): 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2015
Vivipop:
It's a dried suya-like delicacy. Don't worry, i'm sure you will like it.
I'm happy to know that. I'm getting married on Saturday
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Swiftboy(m): 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
Okay then you're a Good African. Do you have big assets?
soilsista:

Have I not been speaking out against it all this time?? I'm even tired from defending myself. You people can continue calling us names but I won't own it.

Good day smiley
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PunkyOh(f): 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2015
soilsista:

Lols! You're crazy

grin
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Vivipop(f): 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2015
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Vivipop(f): 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2015
mulattoclaro:
I'm happy to know that. I'm getting married on Saturday
Wow! That's a wonderful news. I'm sure she's a lucky one and make sure you take care of her I wish you a blissful married life.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by mulattoclaro(m): 2:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
Vivipop:
Wow! That's a wonderful news. I'm sure she's a lucky one and make sure you take care of her I wish you a blissful married life.
Yes she is. Thanks. My in-laws are already in Nigeria. So far they've been enjoying Nigeria and they've been eating pounded yam and Egusi.

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Vivipop(f): 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Yes she is. Thanks. My in-laws are already in Nigeria. So far they've been enjoying Nigeria and they've been eating pounded yam and Egusi.
Lol, good to know that they are enjoying themselves here.

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by soilsista(f): 3:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
Swiftboy:
Okay then you're a Good African. Do you have big assets?
undecided
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Ofornaira: 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2015
[quote author=mpowa post=32, @Mpowa, what truth are you talking about here? Is it the truth u are so economical with that u cannot even acknowledge the fact that igbos contribute immensely in the development of any place they find themselves? The worst happened to the jews during the second world war, but they were not discouraged from moving forward. You should find out their position in american's economy today. You are talking of embarrassment? So the westerners who developed us embarrassed themselves, 'abi'?
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
BluIvy:

**twerking** tongue

My point exactly, black south africans and totally useless crap go hand in hand undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Meet Putin The Russian President, His Wife And Daughters / Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) / Russian Warship 'aggressively Approached' US Destroyer In Arabian Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.