Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses (70822 Views)

Naira To Reverse Losses This Week, Banks To Process FX Transactions Within 24hrs / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" / Xenophobia: Mtn's Blackmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by sheymoni(m): 1:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
ocheejemb:

And where is AP now? Where is BP now. Who lost out in the long run?

Still existing but under different name now
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kwametut: 1:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
You have a choise here hence we're MULTICHOICE. wink wink wink wink wink

The increases are also usually in-line with inflation, so the only real surprise might be that MultiChoice has deviated from this trend for some of its products.
The price for a DStv premium service will rise from R665 to R699 per month – an increase of 5.11%.
DStv Extra subscribers will pay R425 instead of R399 (6.52% increase), while DStv Compact users will fork out R319 per month, up from R295 (8.13% increase).
DStv Family and DStv Select subscribers will pay R199 per month for their service – up from the current R185 per month (7.58% increase).
DStv Easyview users are the hardest hit with a price increase of 34% – from R29 per month to R39 per month.
There was some good news as well. Some prices will remain unchanged, including DStv Access
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kwametut: 1:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
^^^^^Do the maths convert the RANDERAS TO NAIRA. grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kwametut: 1:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
LIVERPOOL FC ACADEMY IN DURBAN IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION AS WE BLOGG.... Keep hating us and lose out ON DEVELOPMENT.

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kwametut: 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
cheesy grin grin
MASINGIA CITY SO-WHERE TO/SOWETO A.K.A South western township...CHAINGING FACE BECOMING A CITY OF ITS OWN.
If Malawi,Zambia,Ghana and Nigeria chase our firms out they will come back home and EXPAND THE DEVELOPMENTS thats are underconstruction in S.A thats WIN-WIN BOTHSIDES. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kwametut: 1:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
grin

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by onatisi(m): 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
kwametut:
I LIKE DISHN INFORMATION WHEN AM NOT INSULTED. Please find this attached info. They always feel cheated
http://mybroadband.co.za/news/broadcasting/120578-dstv-prices-from-2000-to-2015.html

The increases are also usually in-line with inflation, so the only real surprise might be that MultiChoice has deviated from this trend for some of its products.
The price for a DStv premium service will rise from R665 to R699 per month – an increase of 5.11%.
DStv Extra subscribers will pay R425 instead of R399 (6.52% increase), while DStv Compact users will fork out R319 per month, up from R295 (8.13% increase).
DStv Family and DStv Select subscribers will pay R199 per month for their service – up from the current R185 per month (7.58% increase).
DStv Easyview users are the hardest hit with a price increase of 34% – from R29 per month to R39 per month.
There was some good news as well. Some prices will remain unchanged, including DStv Access

so the cheapest monthly subscription on dstv in sa is 39 rands ,is that correct?
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kwametut: 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
THIS HATE WE'RE RECEIVING OUT IN AFRICA CAN WORK TO OUR ADVANTAGE.

Already we have many developments underconstruction like some can be BOOSTED by these firms who will be chased out up north.
GAUTENG
TSHWANE
Hazeldean City
Pretoria west city devlopment
Symbio City the TALLEST SKYSCRAPER IN AFRICA WILL BE HERE. STANDING AT 480M TALL.... cry cry cry cry cry cry

The new cities:

Masingita City (R3 billion)500 km sq.Under construction

Rietfontein City (R20 billion) 800 km sq.Under construction

Waterfall City (R71 billion) 10 km sq. Under construction

Modderfontein City (R84 billion) 1200 km sq. partnership between Gauteng and Chinese. Under construction

Steyn City (R56.5 billion) 900 km sq. City of the RICH, Kelly Rowland was here. Under construction

Pretoria News

Posted at 07:59AM Feb 25, 2015 by Editor in Johannesburg |

WESTERN CAPE
WESCAPE CITY starts next year....
PAARDLVLEI CITY under construction...

EASTERN CAPE
BAYWEST CITY under construction as we blogg..

KZN
CORNUBIA CITY under construction as we blogg..other phases DONE.
BRIDGE CITY under construction as we blogg..Other phases DONE

LIMPOPO
Lephalale new city to rival Polokwane cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kwametut: 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
The RAINBOW NATION WILL OVERCOME THIS BOYCOTTS. The likes of Malawi,Ghana,Zambia,Nigeria etc..stand to gain FOKOL/NOTHING.
Funny enough S.A aplogized to AFRICA and we never gave Nigeria 48 hours when our 84 people DIED in SCOAN.

DOUBLE STANDARDS BY SUB SAHARA AFRICANS, THEY HATE US MZANSI. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kwametut: 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
We will OVERCOME THIS S.A. this is a WAKE UP CALL FOR US. That we need to trade more outside AFRICA and WE MUST STOP HELPING THEM WITH DEVELOPMENT as they hate us. North Africans are fine with us...

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kwametut: 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
MZANSI YOUR SECRET IS KNOW HOW....SA's classy townships some are located in beautiful areas... cry cry cry

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kwametut: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
I see why we need more of this now....Africa south of Sahara will remain a DUMP.
They will cry mark my words.... grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kwametut: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2015
OUR NEXT PRESIDENT IS RIGHT AND MAKING THE RIGHT MOVES. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Our sin is not to allow sub saharan Africans to drop our standards in S.A. Nigerians are selling stolen cars on our parking bays. Thats against the law and isn't fair to our garage owners who pay rates. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked

OUR CLEAN COUNTRY MUST TURN INTO A DUMP... cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kwametut: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
Our 1st word country must not be turned into a 3RD WORLD DUMP.

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kwametut: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
KEEP THREATS COMING WHILE SOUTH AFRICA IS WORKING ON PLAN B/INVEST AND DEVELOP LESS IN AFRICA SOUTH OF SAHARA AND FOCUS ON S.A. RURAL AREAS AND TOWNSHIPS.

THAT WILL MAKE US A FULLY FLEDGED 1ST WORLD COUNTRY. BLESSING IN DISGUISE.
No more 26 yr old hardworking GARDNER from Malawi,Zambia etc..posters on our shops. grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by titus3: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
MTN condemns attacks on foreigners in South Africa

The management of telecommunications giant in Nigeria, MTN, has condemned the wave of xenophobic attacks targeted at foreigners in South Africa.

In a statement by MTN’s Corporate Services Executive, Akinwale Goodluck, on Tuesday, the company said the attacks constituted an assault on “the much-celebrated, common” African humanity.

“The recent spate of xenophobic violence in Johannesburg and Durban focusing on foreigners and their businesses is unwarranted, and indeed worrisome. In Africa, we are our brother’s keeper; and at MTN, we align with the concerted efforts of the South African government in stopping the attacks and protecting the lives and properties of foreign nationals, most especially Nigerians,” he said.

Goodluck said as a mark of its support to the victims of the attacks, MTN Group had provided financial support to the transit camps, where many were presently being sheltered, adding that the money provided would be used to purchase food, medicals, bedding, clothing and other necessities.

Against the backdrop of some calls for reprisal on some Nigerian businesses with South African affiliation, he said such knee-jerk reactions would be counter-productive and unjustifiable.

He stated, “MTN Nigeria is a Nigerian business employing 99 per cent Nigerians. Out of our over 6,000 staff, only 12 are expatriates; the rest are Nigerians. Also, when you look at our value chain, over 500,000 Nigerians are gainfully employed indirectly by MTN. So, you see that attacking us or boycotting our services will negatively impact Nigerians, the very people we seek to serve and empower.”

Goodluck emphasised MTN’s commitment to Nigeria through continuous investment.

“To date, we have sunk over $15bn in Nigeria through network infrastructure, and we have spent over N10bn on corporate social responsibility. We have built our business based on sustainability in the long term because we are wholly Nigerian,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/mtn-condemns-attacks-on-foreigners-in-south-africa/
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Debells(m): 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
Those threats are annoying, attacking their facilities isn't a good idea, but they they're also a major stakeholder in south African economy and they have access to their presidency, they know Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa. Someone would buy MTN Nigeria if they leave so issue of 1billion ppl being jobless is rubbish. I just pry south Africa government would do something about it.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by iamord(m): 3:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
kwametut:
The RAINBOW NATION WILL OVERCOME THIS BOYCOTTS. The likes of Malawi,Ghana,Zambia,Nigeria etc..stand to gain FOKOL/NOTHING.
Funny enough S.A aplogized to AFRICA and we never gave Nigeria 48 hours when our 84 people DIED in SCOAN.

DOUBLE STANDARDS BY SUB SAHARA AFRICANS, THEY HATE US MZANSI. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
what is all this rant about And unnecessary self pity. South Africa has always been respected. You let yourself down. Not any country. Don't be stupid. I e pet you to be matured enough to admit that you have done something wrong. And forge ahead. Smh
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2015
They should go , so tht Mtel can be revived afterall they drove mtel out of biz, dont fall for the threat of 5000 jobs its a red herring.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by nonjebose(m): 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
raayah:

Nope. MTN has about 250 million subscribers all over the world. Out of this nigeria is 57 million(27%). Iran is about 49million.. i mean. They stiĺ have roughly 200million people out there.

And u think they are willing to throw 57million subscribers away. 27% of world (not africa)customer base is d reason why that man should questioned by his employers for his unguarded statement.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by nonjebose(m): 3:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
mikolo80:
bros even me that is doing devil's advocate na only because i realise say everybody de on mtn and midnight call na im make me buy the sim,na glo i use for 6years before finally bowing to mtn

but it is not their fault that they have stupid leaders or ignorant countrymen

and i promise you without their competition glo and airtel go suffer us pass them
What makes you think that competition would cease if they leave. There more than enough networks willing to buy their lucrative license
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by V0lv0(f): 3:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
iamord:
Bro stop living a fake life and framzing what you are not . You got kwame on your name and you are far from one. Dumbo
Kwametut/dieantword/UcheCape is the same person. He is not a Ghanaian but a Southie. He is a troll and should not be taken seriously. He pretends to bet other nationalities but it's so easy to fish him out cos he speaks the same way and the same ish. As Kwametut he pretends to be half Ghanaian same as his other username dieantword but after I exposed him he started insulting and hating on Ghana too. As UcheCape he pretends to be a Nigerian. Just go through some of their posts and you will see that it's the same person. He can bring 100 different usernames and I will fish him out. I already am suspecting 2 other usernames that might be him as well. This guy is crazy

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by AMI3(m): 3:56pm On Apr 21, 2015
soe:
daft
don't mine d guy. this is how he will betray dis country 4 money

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by mikolo80: 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
nonjebose:
What makes you think that competition would cease if they leave. There more than enough networks willing to buy their lucrative license
the more the merrier.harder for them to collude like when econet and mtn were ganging up on glo
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by NightHawke: 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
Well i got my protest going this morning after meeting my employees and conference call to my partner. (Ours is a startup company of 11 staffs for now excluding direct and indirect service providers) Company became 4 years old last February 2015. It is important to note here that other employees were already dissatisfied with events in South Africa. Two of our employees had some nasty experience in SA last year.

The meeting lasted for 25mins and will give you an insight to some decisions reached.

1. All staff lines were cut over to one of the green networks.(Trying to avoid advertising here) - 17 lines were affected

2. Data subscription for office was also cut over to one of the green networks.

3. We created 3 parallel official receiving lines to replace our existing official Mtn Lines.( I am sure by September these lines become obsolete including the other 17 mtn lines)

4. I must admit here that i was surprised at the amount of bonus data received from this Green sporty network.

5. In response to my business mail, a customer service centre was nominated to give my company support.

6. We spend on the average N65,000-N80,000 weekly on calls and roughly N106,000 monthly on data.

7. We had to cancel training in SA earlier scheduled for May and hope to effect this for Dubai in July with additional costs though to company almost 23%. (Naturally that affects South African Airways: Hotel; Car Hire; Intellectual Service providers) etc

8. The office subscribes to Premium on DSTV. This we all agreed not to renew the subscription when it expires(This was done to enable those working in the office watch either the English premiership matches at work or champions league if having worked late).

This one is tricky for me as it eliminated ghost working time.

The above may seem small but if multiplied the result can be damning on MTN. Note already our Nigerian brothers and sisters are not having it rosy working with them.
(I worked as a contract staff for 13 years and paid nothing on the last day - Matter is still in court) You can understand how i feel towards contract staff stuff.

In our company only IT-N10k monthly and Corpers-N18K monthly are temporary staff.

Well back to work.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by bigtt76(f): 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
Must you try to insult someone because you're trying to make a point? I never tried insulting anyone here and so I expect you not to either. You're no different from the people we are busy talking about angry

all4naija:
Quit what you are smoking. MNT Nigeria is 80% owned by a South African investment.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
bigtt76:
Must you try to insult someone because you're trying to make a point? I never tried insulting anyone here and so I expect you not to either. You're no different from the people we are busy talking about angry

Your profile image says volumes about who you are.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
nonjebose:
And u think they are willing to throw 57million subscribers away. 27% of world (not africa)customer base is d reason why that man should questioned by his employers for his unguarded statement.
You should ask him the population of Iran? He should prove his sources.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by nonjebose(m): 4:46pm On Apr 21, 2015
all4naija:
You should ask him the population of Iran? He should prove his sources.
Don't. Mind him
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by nonjebose(m): 4:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
V0lv0:
Kwametut/dieantword/UcheCape is the same person. He is not a Ghanaian but a Southie. He is a troll and should not be taken seriously. He pretends to bet other nationalities but it's so easy to fish him out cos he speaks the same way and the same ish. As Kwametut he pretends to be half Ghanaian same as his other username dieantword but after I exposed him he started insulting and hating on Ghana too. As UcheCape he pretends to be a Nigerian. Just go through some of their posts and you will see that it's the same person. He can bring 100 different usernames and I will fish him out. I already am suspecting 2 other usernames that might be him as well. This guy is crazy
So smart officer! Lol

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Welcome-Hisenjos Fiverr,Freelancer via Payoneer Skrill Exchange Customer Support / See What I Found In My Kolo In Just A Month (pictures ) / "2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.