Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (799708 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dukealara: 7:16am On May 09, 2021
Meeny123:
Hello guys, I thought to chip this in. If your SOWP is approved, you do not need an authorisation letter. Students, open work permits are among people who can travel to Canada. I arrived at the end of March without an authorisation letter. My Wife is the student, I have an open work permit.

I sent you a mail. Please respond.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cannyonyi: 1:04pm On May 10, 2021
I'm so sorry if this question has been handled before but please oblige me once again. I applied for spousal open work permit in February 2021 and at that time the processing time was 19 weeks but last week I checked, the processing time is 39 weeks. Which of the processing time should be applicable to me

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 3:25pm On May 10, 2021
cannyonyi:
I'm so sorry if this question has been handled before but please oblige me once again. I applied for spousal open work permit in February 2021 and at that time the processing time was 19 weeks but last week I checked, the processing time is 39 weeks. Which of the processing time should be applicable to me

The current processing time is 32 weeks

And the current processing time is the applicable processing time for all application in active processing

I applied since December 11th 2020 and am still waiting to hear from them.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cannyonyi: 6:05pm On May 10, 2021
Wow! thanks for the prompt response
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 7:21pm On May 10, 2021
Brendamad:

Not yet my dear. Still waiting

Good day!!
Any update*** from IRCC since you have pass processing time according to dere update

How many weeks after biometric

I really want to know if this there fluctuating processing time matters at all self
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 7:29pm On May 10, 2021
[quote author=muyiroro post=101077874]

Am still expecting ooo, today makes 33 weeks, Nigeria work permit timeline have been reduced to 39 weeks. The webform I raise to Nairobi shows the application is still under “Active Review “ Let’s keep hope alive all will end in praise. [/quote

Pls have you heard from them , you are pass processing time o

It is presently 32 weeks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by muyiroro: 8:42pm On May 10, 2021
[quote author=Anndav post=101561607][/quote]

Am still waiting oo, but am very sure it won’t be long by Gods grace. This week makes 36 weeks . Though I’ve raised GCMS last week through CAIPS also raised another webform today.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 7:33pm On May 11, 2021
muyiroro:

Am still waiting oo, but am very sure it won’t be long by Gods grace. This week makes 36 weeks . Though I’ve raised GCMS last week through CAIPS also raised another webform today.

Any update

I am already waiting to say congratulations

And that is a pointer that there so call processing time is relevant
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 11:34pm On May 11, 2021
Anndav:

Any update

I am already waiting to say congratulations

And that is a pointer that there so call processing time is relevant

Processing time has been up to 39 weeks again I guess is because they haven't been able to conclude you ppl
that has gotten to or pass processing time on your application . Definitely they are working on them

It will end in praise for us all..

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lovesarrow: 4:53am On May 13, 2021
Please can you post documents submitted. Congrats
oyibo4real:
Wow!!! I'm finally here, I've been dreaming of his day, thank God for this upgrade from STUDENT Visa application thread to this one. Yipeeeeeeee!!! grin

I appreciate all those that have been keeping this thread alive, thank you, thank you.

I got my PPR yesterday and I intend to travel anytime soon, get my study permit and other necessary docs to apply for my SOWP, and then return to Nigeria as my classes is online for this term. Please gurus, is this a wise decision?

Thank you in advance for your help wink
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oyibo4real: 10:38pm On May 15, 2021
Lovesarrow:
Please can you post documents submitted. Congrats

You'll get more information here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/690
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 10:11pm On May 17, 2021
Ponponpon, I greet the whole house o

Pls is dere nothing happening here

No PPR ?

It is well o... I pray and decree a release of PPR and medical request in abundance in Jesus name

AMEN

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by May06: 2:45am On May 18, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please I would like if you could share your thoughts with me on this issue.

I am international student in Canada planning to get a PGWP by the end of this year. My partner and I are considering doing a registry marriage or marriage in a licensed place of worship in Nigeria so that we can get a marriage certificate and he can apply for a SOWP a3s soon as I get a job here.

However, I am worried that the Visa officers may doubt the authenticity of the marriage as I am not planning to come to Nigeria for the marriage. The marriage will be done on zoom.
Please do you think that the fact that I wasn't physically present for the marriage will negatively affect the SOWP application?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Upeople: 3:19am On May 18, 2021
May06:
Hello everyone,

Please I would like if you could share your thoughts with me on this issue.

I am international student in Canada planning to get a PGWP by the end of this year. My partner and I are considering doing a registry marriage or marriage in a licensed place of worship in Nigeria so that we can get a marriage certificate and he can apply for a SOWP a3s soon as I get a job here.

However, I am worried that the Visa officers may doubt the authenticity of the marriage as I am not planning to come to Nigeria for the marriage. The marriage will be done on zoom.
Please do you think that the fact that I wasn't physically present for the marriage will negatively affect the SOWP application?

Thank you.

Don’t do it!! It will be outright refusal of his application. Read the Canadian immigration law, ircc no longer recognize marriage by proxy. Both partners have to be physically present. You have to show evidence that you exited canada & entered nigeria and that u were physically present at your marriage ceremony, things like flight tickets, border stamps in ur passport etc

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by May06: 5:02am On May 18, 2021
Thank you very much.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 8:39am On May 19, 2021
Any update? Processing time is now 33 weeks again

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by muyiroro: 9:56am On May 19, 2021
subzheero:
Any update? Processing time is now 33 weeks again

Still waiting no update yet oo, I sent another webform last week they replied with generic email your application is under “Active Review “ my application will be 37 weeks this weekend.

I guessed IRCC pause all applications till restrictions is removed.

I have ordered for GCMS note to know the real state of my application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 11:45am On May 19, 2021
I ordered mine too yesterday.Taking too long.Moreover,is not paper application why are they delaying us.it is well o
muyiroro:

Still waiting no update yet oo, I sent another webform last week they replied with generic email your application is under “Active Review “ my application will be 37 weeks this weekend.

I guessed IRCC pause all applications till restrictions is removed.

I have ordered for GCMS note to know the real state of my application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 12:30pm On May 19, 2021
[quote author=subzheero post=101846091]I ordered mine too yesterday.Taking too long.Moreover,is not paper application why are they delaying us.it is well o[/qu

Haba , why review processing time then it's almost useless, if processing time is 33 weeks and an application has pass the processing time without them doing anything...this actually is a sign of competence and they claim they are organized.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lovesarrow: 11:54am On May 20, 2021
Thanks but no thanks...and to think you would be any different after dragging people mercilessly for not giving back. I had searched all the comments attached to your moniker in search of documents submitted and saw nothing.. whatever happened to ur pay it forward mantra

It will still end in praises
oyibo4real:

You'll get more information here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/690
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 12:06am On May 21, 2021
since march when i applied for sowp for hubby with upfront medicals, the medicals just reflected as passed 3 days ago. it is well o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by abbyode(m): 9:23am On May 21, 2021
Just a feedback. I landed in Toronto last nite and collected my SOWP at the POE. No issue was raised about my medical passed more than a year ago. I applied in Jan 2020, passed medical April 2020. Got PPR in December 2020 but was already in Canada as a visitor. Came back to Nigeria in April 2021,submitted my passport and got the work visa counterfoil.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 21, 2021
Hello House,

Please advise, for sowp can i use same profile that my spouse got student visa approved on to apply for sowp or i can create another profile for the sowp entirely.

For people that have crossed this phase or still in it, please advise

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by euphorbia(f): 5:43pm On May 21, 2021
Eilenora:
since march when i applied for sowp for hubby with upfront medicals, the medicals just reflected as passed 3 days ago. it is well o
Pls, how did you upload the medical document given to you at the clinic? I applied also in March but did my upfront medical in april. I am yet to send the document as I don't know if it's by email or webform
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oyibo4real: 10:00pm On May 21, 2021
Lovesarrow:
Thanks but no thanks...and to think you would be any different after dragging people mercilessly for not giving back. I had searched all the comments attached to your moniker in search of documents submitted and saw nothing.. whatever happened to ur pay it forward mantra

It will still end in praises

Are you serious? I referred you to that thread cos I believe you'll get more information and this is what I get? FYI, I've replied to more than 100 emails from NL just because of my little contribution, Anyways, Na so life be! Please check my comments and posts again. Bye!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by francis00(m): 2:00am On May 22, 2021
Good morning guy's, please I need someone to help me out with this,I have a gf in Canada,we have been together before she traveled to Canada, she is a citizen now though, currently working, now she wants me to come over, I really don't know anything about Canada visas type,I just told her I will get back to her,please house what type of Visa do you think will be the best,I'm considering of asking her to help me secure a job,maybe I can use that to apply for work permit here in Nigeria, but on the other hand,I decided to bring it here,so that you guys can please help me out.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hazzaman: 12:43pm On May 22, 2021
abbyode:
Just a feedback. I landed in Toronto last nite and collected my SOWP at the POE. No issue was raised about my medical passed more than a year ago. I applied in Jan 2020, passed medical April 2020. Got PPR in December 2020 but was already in Canada as a visitor. Came back to Nigeria in April 2021,submitted my passport and got the work visa counterfoil.

Nice one!

Please did you apply for the SOWP before the visitors visa or visitors visa before the SOWP? How long did the visitors visa take? Do you mind if I PM?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by abbyode(m): 7:03pm On May 22, 2021
hazzaman:

Nice one!

Please did you apply for the SOWP before the visitors visa or visitors visa before the SOWP? How long did the visitors visa take? Do you mind if I PM?
I had visitor visa before I qualified for OWP through my wife's study permit.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Upeople: 7:10pm On May 22, 2021
francis00:
Good morning guy's, please I need someone to help me out with this,I have a gf in Canada,we have been together before she traveled to Canada, she is a citizen now though, currently working, now she wants me to come over, I really don't know anything about Canada visas type,I just told her I will get back to her,please house what type of Visa do you think will be the best,I'm considering of asking her to help me secure a job,maybe I can use that to apply for work permit here in Nigeria, but on the other hand,I decided to bring it here,so that you guys can please help me out.

Its not easy to Secure a job placement for someone outside Canada, Visit visa isn’t easy to get too. Ur best shot would be spousal sponsorship; that means she would have to come down to Nigeria & you guys can get married and she can sponsor you

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by francis00(m): 8:14pm On May 22, 2021
Upeople:

Its not easy to Secure a job placement for someone outside Canada, Visit visa isn’t easy to get too. Ur best shot would be spousal sponsorship; that means she would have to come down to Nigeria & you guys can get married and she can sponsor you
It alright, what if she sent me an invitation or maybe help me secure admission,won't that be good.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FYsol: 9:46pm On May 22, 2021
Spousal sponsorship is your best and most guaranteed shot bro. It may take a year, but it worth it. I hope she has a job and earn enough to be able to meet the requirement that she can cater for you. Btw, people dont help someone secure admission. You have to approach the school yourself online.
francis00:

It alright, what if she sent me an invitation or maybe help me secure admission,won't that be good.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 9:56pm On May 22, 2021
francis00:

It is easy to get a job in Canada if ur girlfriend will just approach an immegration firm that employ the services of an immegration consultant with good standing in Canada,..eg AJ immegration in Alberta, and some other she should check them out although there services are not cheap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.