Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803343 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2017
Congratulations oooo! So happy for you. Hmmm! The wait is not easy at all.
Edoblakky:
My wife just called me from Nigeria this morning to inform me her passport has been requested. She will submit it 2moro.
More than 7 months wait though. I can't wait to have my family with me here in the summer.
Hopefuls, keep the faith, yours is next.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 4:40pm On Jan 30, 2017
1. bosypumping : biometrics may 18,upfront Medicals
2. Boladan : biometrics June 7
3. Mbogi : biometrics july1
4.Housewife1 : biometrics July 8, upfront Medicals
5.Ruth 222: biometrics July 8, upfront Medicals
6. Jpepper : biometrics August 3,
7. kasco2pro : biometrics August 16, upfront Medicals
8.ceekoneal: biometrics August 28,
9.Ell707: biometrics September 21 ,
10.Taimie : biometrics October 10,
11.Bioben: biometrics October 12
12.Toluberry: biometrics October 17, Medicals passed
13.Justicia: biometrics December 29,(paper route)
14. Kc4all: biometrics January 13,(paper route)
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Edoblakky(m): 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2017
Ruth222:
Congratulations oooo! So happy for you. Hmmm! The wait is not easy at all.
Many thanks Ruth222. How your side? I can see that you've taken out my name from the list above.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 7:13pm On Jan 30, 2017
Just there jare and hoping for the best. It's not easy waitng this long and getting delayed. Congrats once again.
Edoblakky:
Many thanks Ruth222. How your side? I can see that you've taken out my name from the list above.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Edoblakky(m): 7:21pm On Jan 30, 2017
Ruth222:
Just there jare and hoping for the best. It's not easy waitng this long and getting delayed. Congrats once again.
Don't worry, it will end in praise.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 7:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
Amen oo! Please when exactly in June did your wife do biometrics?
Edoblakky:
Don't worry, it will end in praise.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Edoblakky(m): 8:14pm On Jan 30, 2017
Ruth222:
Amen oo! Please when exactly in June did your wife do biometrics?
I can't remember the exact date but it's either first or second week of June. Why?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 9:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
I want to calculate so that I can have an idea of when mine will come out . Lol ! But it's well.
Edoblakky:
I can't remember the exact date but it's either first or second week of June. Why?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Housewife1: 8:37am On Jan 31, 2017
Good-morning everyone , bosypumping are you still here and have you gotten a response? It will end in praise in Jesus name.
Amen.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Housewife1: 8:38am On Jan 31, 2017
Congrats Edoblakky, am so happy for you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Psalt(f): 12:48am On Feb 01, 2017
My open work permit application whic i did in july 2016 is based on the study permit given to my husband which will expire on the 3rd of March, 2017. However my husband's study permit has been renewed and the new expiry date is 31st of July, 2020.

I mailed Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) seeking advice on how to update d new document only to get a response a week later frm a lady dat I shuld make a new application n put d new information. I should do a new application after waiting for 25wiks TUFIAKWA

So, I mailed the immigration office in Ghana and got a reply saying

"Please be advised that your application is still in queue for review. No further action is required by you at this moment. You will be contacted once a decision is made.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum"

People, Kindly advise on what to do, so also, does anyone have an idea of what dt statement "in queue for a review" mean cos I don't understand all dos English anymore?
Thank you.
Tayad wife.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bosypumpin: 6:36am On Feb 01, 2017
Hi peeps
Happy new month.
I'm very humble. Beleiving God for good news as we enter a new month today.
@ housewife, I dey o. We really are expecting the good news sooner than ever.

Apologies for the silence and congrats to the applicants who've chopped approval and to those delayed, refire with focus.
# it will end in praise.#
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bosypumpin: 6:38am On Feb 01, 2017
Housewife1:
Good-morning everyone , bosypumping are you still here and have you gotten a response? It will end in praise in Jesus name.
Amen.

I'm still here o.
Goodnews' on the way.
Stay tuned to this network. Hahaha
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Housewife1: 9:01am On Feb 01, 2017
@Bosypumping, so happy to read from you, this new month will favour us all in Jesus name. Happy New Month Fam.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gymme(m): 10:30am On Feb 01, 2017
I'm not sure if you attached your husband's new study permit to the email you sent to Accra or not but that is what i will do if i were you.

You could also attach the new study permit to a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry). Since you applied online, it will be sent to the responsible visa office on your behalf.

I will do both methods. No harm!

"Application in queue" could mean 'Dem never touch your application for now'.

Psalt:

My open work permit application whic i did in july 2016 is based on the study permit given to my husband which will expire on the 3rd of March, 2017. However my husband's study permit has been renewed and the new expiry date is 31st of July, 2020.

I mailed Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) seeking advice on how to update d new document only to get a response a week later frm a lady dat I shuld make a new application n put d new information. I should do a new application after waiting for 25wiks TUFIAKWA

"Please be advised that your application is still in queue for review. No further action is required by you at this moment. You will be contacted once a decision is made.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum"

People, Kindly advise on what to do, so also, does anyone have an idea of what dt statement "in queue for a review" mean cos I don't understand all dos English anymore?
Thank you.
Tayad wife.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dannylng(m): 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2017
Happy new months guys

Please someone should help me answer this;

How long should the bank statements be from when you printed it to when you apply. I.e what is the recommended gap between when you actually printed it and when you apply?

The reason for this question is this; I printed my bank statement from ph and ttavelled to abj for my new passport but now I've been waiting for my new passport in Abj for more than a month. Should I go back ph to get new statement or wait because I was told it will be ready next week or at most week after next

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Housewife1: 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
My new passport at Abj didnt take me more than two weeks, maybe because i happen to know someone who works there. I couldn't even stay for a week as i have to travel back to my base , he sent it to me and i got both the old one and the new one safely.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hi Dannylng, why is it taking this long any ideas? Do you have anyone helping you out? I did mine: change of name in Abuja and I waited three days!!!. You might need to talk to someone o! I also think you shoud print out another statement, one month to me is long. Gurus in the house pls correct me if I am wrong. Happy new month.
Dannylng:
Happy new months guys

Please someone should help me answer this;

How long should the bank statements be from when you printed it to when you apply. I.e what is the recommended gap between when you actually printed it and when you apply?

The reason for this question is this; I printed my bank statement from ph and ttavelled to abj for my new passport but now I've been waiting for my new passport in Abj for more than a month. Should I go back ph to get new statement or wait because I was told it will be ready next week or at most week after next

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 7:48pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hello people, Happy new month.

So I finally submitted my application today via paper route.
Open work permit for myself, open study permit for my 5 year old daughter and TRV application for my 2 year old son.

I plan to link my application soon. Anyone knows If I will have to link all three applications differently?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dannylng(m): 8:58pm On Feb 01, 2017
VEIL1234:
Hi Dannylng, why is it taking this long any ideas? Do you have anyone helping you out? I did mine: change of name in Abuja and I waited three days!!!. You might need to talk to someone o! I also think you shoud print out another statement, one month to me is long. Gurus in the house pls correct me if I am wrong. Happy new month.

They said no booklet
Very frustrating.
It means I'll have to go back to ph to get new statement then go to lagos... This kind of journey eeh.
Please if you know someone please let me know
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Housewife1: 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Psalt(f): 10:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
Gymme:
I'm not sure if you attached your husband's new study permit to the email you sent to Accra or not but that is what i will do if i were you.

You could also attach the new study permit to a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry). Since you applied online, it will be sent to the responsible visa office on your behalf.

I will do both methods. No harm!

"Application in queue" could mean 'Dem never touch your application for now'.

Thanks gymme, I ll look for into everything you said. God bless yu but I prat dat application in review doesn't mean what we are insinuating o.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Edoblakky(m): 1:03am On Feb 02, 2017
Psalt:

Thank you.
Tayad wife.
Psalt, I'll strongly advise that you do not reapply. Let them process your work permit but ensure that you travel before it expires. Once you are in Canada, you can apply for a renew which takes less than a month to obtain. But if you intend to travel after March 2017 then, your only option will be to reapply now and have a long wait.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 4:00am On Feb 02, 2017
Finally got my new passport from ikoyi passport office after applying since December. Set to apply dis week. It is well.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by easyzworld: 7:59am On Feb 02, 2017
I need advice from the guru in the house. My wife wants to file for me. She needs all the original documents sent to her and she in turn send to immigration but I think this process is going to end up in the online route and I have been hearing about paper been better from contribution on this thread. Please, I need advice on the procedure to take to obtain the paper route house. I am desperately waiting to hear from the knowledgeable people in this thread. I truly need advice before I start to avoid mistakes and delay...thanks everyone
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bosypumpin: 8:03am On Feb 02, 2017
[quote author=VEIL1234 post=53332506]Hello people,

@ VEIL, I thought the children's applications were subsumed under yours right?
If your answer is in the affirmative, then no need for separate linking of application except if I misconstrue your question.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kc4all: 9:23am On Feb 02, 2017
VEIL1234:
Hello people, Happy new month.

So I finally submitted my application today via paper route.
Open work permit for myself, open study permit for my 5 year old daughter and TRV application for my 2 year old son.

I plan to link my application soon. Anyone knows If I will have to link all three applications differently?

@VEIL1234 you can link all application on line, but you have to link the three application separately online in the same account, I linked both my application and my daughter application online but kindly wait for 2 to 3 days after submission before linking, to allow your application updated in there system before linking.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 9:58am On Feb 02, 2017
Yes, but I noticed I got three seperate text messages with all our tracking numbers and three separate e-mails too. Just wondering. I tried to link mine yesterday but was told there was no info yet about me yet, so I figured it was because I just submmited. Mayb I will just wait till I can link and see what it has for me. Thank you.[quote author=bosypumpin post=53343003][/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 10:00am On Feb 02, 2017
Oh thanks, just saw this. After 72hrs I might contact you for a step by step- guide on how to do that thanks for the info!
Kc4all:

@VEIL1234 you can link all application on line, but you have to link the three application separately online in the same account, I linked both my application and my daughter application online but kindly wait for 2 to 3 days after submission before linking, to allow your application updated in there system before linking.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 10:01am On Feb 02, 2017
Seriously? Is it so difficult now? Anyway thank God is over. Pls how much is it now for 32 pages? A friend wants to renew hers.
jumman:
Finally got my new passport from ikoyi passport office after applying since December. Set to apply dis week. It is well.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 10:03am On Feb 02, 2017
But wait, must you print out your statement in PH? I thought It can be done from any of the bank's branch? Sorry on the passport stress it will end in praise amen!
Dannylng:

They said no booklet
Very frustrating.
It means I'll have to go back to ph to get new statement then go to lagos... This kind of journey eeh.
Please if you know someone please let me know

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.