Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802246 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 8:02pm On Sep 06, 2021
http://lawyerkimdang.com/2021/03/06/canada-how-to-request-a-written-authorization-from-ircc/

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

Jideks:
Hello all,
Please How do I apply for exemption to travel based on family reunification?
I need someone who has applied to put me through.
Thank you all so much!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dee2016: 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
Thats a whole pregnancy

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hello everyone , I was thinking , can one have sowp and visitors visa running at the same time?
Is it going to be a red flag?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
Below is the message I got from office of one of the MPs I contacted on my family's application

Good afternoon,

We strongly apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I was informed by IRCC that due to the current events, many of their resources have been redirected to support the Afghanistan dedicated phone line. As a result, there are limited amount of agents that remain available for telephone enquiries related to urgent cases only until further notice.

I really apologize for the inconvenience and I will gladly follow up once the resources are back up and running. Could you please reach out in about 2 weeks if you haven’t received anything on the file?

Thank you and I apologize once again,
Conseillère Principale | Senior Advisor
Bureau de Steven Guilbeault, Député de Laurier–Sainte-Marie |
Office of Steven Guilbeault, Member of Parliament for Laurier–Sainte-Marie
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2021
Na wa o, he or she didn’t say anything , So in other words , you should wait sad.
I mean even after passing the processing time.
Akannitommy:
Below is the message I got from office of one of the MPs I contacted on my family's application

Good afternoon,

We strongly apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I was informed by IRCC that due to the current events, many of their resources have been redirected to support the Afghanistan dedicated phone line. As a result, there are limited amount of agents that remain available for telephone enquiries related to urgent cases only until further notice.

I really apologize for the inconvenience and I will gladly follow up once the resources are back up and running. Could you please reach out in about 2 weeks if you haven’t received anything on the file?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hazzaman: 8:44pm On Sep 08, 2021
Lianna2020:
Hello everyone , I was thinking , can one have sowp and visitors visa running at the same time?

I co-ask o!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 9:21pm On Sep 08, 2021
Yes oh, we have been waiting since May 15th; we dey here!

Lianna2020:
Na wa o, he or she didn’t say anything , So in other words , you should wait sad.
I mean even after passing the processing time.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by blcoolfemol: 12:17am On Sep 09, 2021
Please what's MP and how do I know the MP in my area? My family application has far exceeded processing time. Since December 11, 2020. God dey...lols

Akannitommy:
Yes oh, we have been waiting since May 15th; we dey here!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 12:29am On Sep 09, 2021
https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en/search

Use your postal code (home and/or school) to search here.

blcoolfemol:
Please what's MP and how do I know the MP in my area? My family application has far exceeded processing time. Since December 11, 2020. God dey...lols

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by blcoolfemol: 12:31am On Sep 09, 2021
Gracias

Akannitommy:
https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en/search

Use your postal code (home and/or school) to search here.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jideks: 12:31am On Sep 09, 2021
I think it's possible. Shey, it's because of this update they released about reapplication? If na visitor's line dey move, make we enter am oh! grin
hazzaman:

I co-ask o!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jideks: 12:34am On Sep 09, 2021
I think it's possible. Shey, it's because of this update they released about reapplication? If na visitor's line dey move, make we enter am oh! grin
Lianna2020:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 4:04am On Sep 09, 2021
Akannitommy:

Good afternoon,

I tire ooo. I emailed IRCC Manila, Philippines telling them my application has passed processing time since I applied from there (No response),
I emailed IRCC Nairobi the same email knowing that my file is with them ( No response),
I emailed IRCC London same also they responded in 2 hours that I should send a Webform which I did immediately.
This morning I got a No reply email from IRCC that "We will respond to these priority enquiries only:
· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)
· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)
· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)
· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers
· Changes in contact information
· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds
If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.
If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shespeaks: 9:40am On Sep 09, 2021
Hello everyone. Please I need help on applying for an open work permit for my husband and study permit for my kids ages 7,3,3. Don't know how to go about it.

I have a job offer from an AIPP designated employer, currently waiting for endorsement. My employer wants me to apply for a TWP and PR later. I'm traveling with my family but don't know how to combine my TWP application with my husband's OWP and kids' study permit. I've done lots and lots of research on this. Kind of exhausted and still confused.

Please my people, help your sister!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2021
I’m very sure na Nairobi send this template response without even reading the content of the mail.

lightswitch007:

I tire ooo. I emailed IRCC Manila, Philippines telling them my application has passed processing time since I applied from there (No response),
I emailed IRCC Nairobi the same email knowing that my file is with them ( No response),
I emailed IRCC London same also they responded in 2 hours that I should send a Webform which I did immediately.
This morning I got a No reply email from IRCC that "We will respond to these priority enquiries only:
· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)
· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)
· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)
· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers
· Changes in contact information
· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds
If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.
If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
blcoolfemol:

Wao we submitted application same day

It is well o
Am still waiting too

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
Shespeaks:
Hello everyone. Please I need help on applying for an open work permit for my husband and study permit for my kids ages 7,3,3. Don't know how to go about it.

I have a job offer from an AIPP designated employer, currently waiting for endorsement. My employer wants me to apply for a TWP and PR later. I'm traveling with my family but don't know how to combine my TWP application with my husband's OWP and kids' study permit. I've done lots and lots of research on this. Kind of exhausted and still confused.

Please my people, help your sister!

Go to iIRCC website goggle Immigration consultant in good standing
Contact anyone of them
Due to the peculiarities of your application a minor mistake might mess things up so doing things right is very important
That is just my opinion

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2021
Lianna2020:
I’m very sure na Nairobi send this template response without even reading the content of the mail.

Make God touch their hearts to pick our files. I got my gcms note today. No update eligibility was blank. My file went to Manila, Nairobi, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Vienna, Lagos, London. Transfer reason: workload (re) distribution.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shespeaks: 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2021
Ok thanks a lot. I'll do that!
Anndav:

Go to iIRCC website goggle Immigration consultant in good standing
Contact anyone of them
Due to the peculiarities of your application a minor mistake might mess things up so doing things right is very important
That is just my opinion
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
It is looking promising I think. When did you apply for GCMS notes? I applied for mine on 19th August but I never receive am yet.

lightswitch007:
Make God touch their hearts to pick our files. I got my gcms note today. No update eligibility was blank. My file went to Manila, Nairobi, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Vienna, Lagos, London. Transfer reason: workload (re) distribution.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kaycherry: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
Hello house...please I have a question. My spouse just got his study visa but he is resuming in January...and I'm expecting a baby..do I apply for SOWP or for a medical visa. Given the long processing times and the fact that I have to wait for him to resume school to apply the SOWP....what's my best option?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
You can go for visit visa since it’s prioritized at the moment
Kaycherry:
Hello house...please I have a question. My spouse just got his study visa but he is resuming in January...and I'm expecting a baby..do I apply for SOWP or for a medical visa. Given the long processing times and the fact that I have to wait for him to resume school to apply the SOWP....what's my best option?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ujizzy: 9:36pm On Sep 09, 2021
Please can anyone tell me how much proof of fund is required when applying for SPOW for wife and 3 kids, all kids are less than 18 year old.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2021
Although I am still awaiting outcome, I budgeted $10k for my spouse and $4k each for the 3 kids. POF in my Canadian bank account was about $22k when I submitted applications. This was in addition to over $100k in PhD funding documented in the application too.

ujizzy:
Please can anyone tell me how much proof of fund is required when applying for SPOW for wife and 3 kids, all kids are less than 18 year old.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 9:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
BTW, Eligibility Review Started on all my family application today. I signed in and saw the application updated status, checked ans saw it was ER started. We are praying for a positive outcome by God's grace.

10 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajikaz2003(m): 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
I think it is safe to use LICO (Low- income Cut-Off). Please see attached table.

ujizzy:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajikaz2003(m): 9:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
Congratulations to you and your family in advance. We will hear the much awaited good news soonest.

Akannitommy:

BTW, Eligibility Review Started on all my family application today. I signed in and saw the application updated status, checked ans saw it was ER started. We are praying for a positive outcome by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
Can one apply for this while his SOWP is still ongoing?
Lianna2020:
You can go for visit visa since it’s prioritized at the moment
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2021
Mighty Amen oh!

ajikaz2003:
Congratulations to you and your family in advance. We will hear the much awaited good news soonest.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 10:48pm On Sep 09, 2021
Akannitommy:
It is looking promising I think. When did you apply for GCMS notes? I applied for mine on 19th August but I never receive am yet.

4th of August.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 10:50pm On Sep 09, 2021
Akannitommy:
thank God.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 10:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
Routing for you
Akannitommy:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.