Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802339 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by emmydiamon(m): 11:09pm On Aug 29, 2021
Anndav:

No still waiting o
Am in week 38
But it's down to 33weeks
And honestly it's no longer funny
That's you have about more 8 months to wait.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 12:45am On Aug 30, 2021
emmydiamon:
That's you have about more 8 months to wait.

Nooo God forbid !!!!, I will hear from then soon this week self ...because I have pass processing time with about 6 weeks

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 1:44am On Aug 30, 2021
Hello everyone, please I need guidance.

If I am applying for SOWP for my husband and study visa for my kids, do I create an account. for my spouse and put my kids under his or apply for his SOWP separate and create study application's for my kids under my account?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 1:59am On Aug 30, 2021
elizyous:
Hello everyone, please I need guidance.

If I am applying for SOWP for my husband and study visa for my kids, do I create an account. for my spouse and put my kids under his or apply for his SOWP separate and create study application's for my kids under my account?

Create account for your spouse and put your kids' under his (of course, you would write an invitation letter for them and sign).

You can also just add all their applications under your own account.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SoFaithly: 8:58am On Aug 31, 2021
See message those guys sent me upon my pressing inquiries shocked grin grin grin LOL! them go learn new things cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy :.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 2:41pm On Aug 31, 2021
What was your enquiry?
SoFaithly:
See message those guys sent me upon my pressing inquiries shocked grin grin grin LOL! them go learn new things cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy :.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yteem: 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2021
Please for those who have requested for and gotten GCMS notes on their applications and it came without any written information or notes, is there a way to know or guess how the application is going? Any insight or any particular thing to look out for that can give one an idea on how the processing is going?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
hi good day, i am also a sowp may 4th applicant. the request for exemption to travel how does one go about it as i have waited and eligibility review has not even started to move. thanks in anticipation

Akannitommy:
Not yet either. My wife sent an email to Nairobi got a "non-template" reply within 12-hours. It says they have not finalized it, they can't when but they are doing every possible to finalize it soonest. Once my wife gets her 2nd dose of the vaccine, we will send a request for exemption to travel. Hoping and praying for the best.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 6:29pm On Sep 01, 2021
Is there a link to check that baby’s app is 74 days?
What if baby’s app is linked to spouse(sowp)?
lightswitch007:
No decision yet, his application was lodged on the 6th of August. My spouse is planning to leave in November too since baby’s application processing time is 74 days. I pray it doesn’t get delayed. It is well
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2021
Eilenora:
Pls guys does a SOWP holder require a written authorization to fly to Canada? Cos I just spoke to IRCC and they said yes he does and sent me a follow up email to that effect. We don buy ticket already o. Did anyone fly recently with a SOWP? Was an authorization required at the airport?

My wifes GCMS file says she didn't need travel authorization.

However, I submitted a request as there was so much confusion online and just got the authorization letter.

So its important to apply ahead of time to avoid storiee

IRCC MATTER TIRE PERSON
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
See instructions here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

and direct link here - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis

sam4774:
hi good day, i am also a sowp may 4th applicant. the request for exemption to travel how does one go about it as i have waited and eligibility review has not even started to move. thanks in anticipation

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
How long did this take?

kife:

However, I submitted a request as there was so much confusion online and just got the authorization letter.

IRCC MATTER TIRE PERSON
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2021
Akannitommy:
How long did this take?

Applied August 27th, got it today
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2021
Interesting! That was fast. I applied for my family on 26th August but yet to get a response. I am aware your spouse already got an approval so I guess that may be the reason for the quick turnaround. Congrats once again.

kife:

Applied August 27th, got it today
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 8:54pm On Sep 01, 2021
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 9:30pm On Sep 01, 2021
kife:

IRCC MATTER TIRE PERSON
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 1:49am On Sep 02, 2021
Thank you so much for your response.

I am already in Canada. Can I still add all of them under my account? Dat way, will it be treated as applying from Canada rather than from Nigeria?

technix:

Create account for your spouse and put your kids' under his (of course, you would write an invitation letter for them and sign).

You can also just add all their applications under your own account.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 4:56am On Sep 02, 2021
Lianna2020:
Is there a link to check that baby’s app is 74 days?
What if baby’s app is linked to spouse(sowp)?
my baby applied with his Philippines passport, because visitors visa processing time is 74 days. Even though I used the same gckey as SP and TRV….my application was sent to Kenya for processing. Since May 19th no update.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LasD: 8:29am On Sep 02, 2021
Please house I’m new here can someone highlight me small on what is going on here �
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 9:46am On Sep 02, 2021
Hmmm
The only thing is if the travel authorization is granted.
I’ve requested for it too ahead.
My app is just a month old
lightswitch007:
my baby applied with his Philippines passport, because visitors visa processing time is 74 days. Even though I used the same gckey as SP and TRV….my application was sent to Kenya for processing. Since May 19th no update.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DeeWan: 10:41am On Sep 02, 2021
As it is presently, there seems to be no definite timeframe SOWP files will be processed and backlogs cleared. IRCC nairobi office is presently not treating SOWP files. There are people who applied as far as 2020 and IRCC is silent on when backlogs will be cleared not to talk of when new applications will be treated. This wait is killing! We are separated from our families for so long, and yet, Canada claim to be interested in family re-unification. As a matter of fact, this is a major reason most students choose Canada over other countries. At this point, we can only put our trust in God and pray for a positive response from IRCC.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 11:19am On Sep 02, 2021
Lianna2020:
Hmmm
The only thing is if the travel authorization is granted.
I’ve requested for it too ahead.
My app is just a month old
I applied for travel exemption for baby. I pray it’s granted.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 11:29am On Sep 02, 2021
DeeWan:
As it is presently, there seems to be no definite timeframe SOWP files will be processed and backlogs cleared. IRCC nairobi office is presently not treating SOWP files. There are people who applied as far as 2020 and IRCC is silent on when backlogs will be cleared not to talk of when new applications will be treated. This wait is killing! We are separated from our families for so long, and yet, Canada claim to be interested in family re-unification. As a matter of fact, this is a major reason most students choose Canada over other countries. At this point, we can only put our trust in God and pray for a positive response from IRCC.
To be honest I’m surprise and sad SOWP applications processed in Nairobi takes over 6 months or more. I know a friend of mine in the Philippines who applied for OWP after SP got his visa on June 24th. Both SP and OWP are not married (Common Law Partner) same sex. He often ask of my application which I lodged before him May 19th, eligibility never even start sef. It’s tiring.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 12:12pm On Sep 02, 2021
Has medicals been passed?
lightswitch007:
To be honest I’m surprise and sad SOWP applications processed in Nairobi takes over 6 months or more. I know a friend of mine in the Philippines who applied for OWP after SP got his visa on June 24th. Both SP and OWP are not married (Common Law Partner) same sex. He often ask of my application which I lodged before him May 19th, eligibility never even start sef. It’s tiring.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 1:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
Lianna2020:
Has medicals been passed?
yes

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
Why didn’t you submit your app with your baby’s own linked to yours?
I heard it’s better abi faster that way

I linked hubby’s app to baby’s own, don’t know if that will help the processing time anyway.
lightswitch007:
No decision yet, his application was lodged on the 6th of August. My spouse is planning to leave in November too since baby’s application processing time is 74 days. I pray it doesn’t get delayed. It is well
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2021
Lianna2020:
Why didn’t you submit your app with your baby’s own linked to yours?
I heard it’s better abi faster that way
I was told there was a possibility my file will be sent to my home country, that’s why I decided to lodge earlier. SP got her visa in Feb, I applied for owp in May, baby was born in July.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 7:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
DeeWan:

It is well
Honestly you are not alone we are actually all waiting and praying

Just try to keep busy it helps
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 11:04pm On Sep 02, 2021
I received this email as a response to my written authorization email.
I’m guessing it’s system response or what do y’all think

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 12:10am On Sep 03, 2021
elizyous:
Thank you so much for your response.

I am already in Canada. Can I still add all of them under my account? Dat way, will it be treated as applying from Canada rather than from Nigeria?

This is not possible, they will ask for country of residence on the forms, that's what determines the visa processing office..Even if the visa is processed under your Mycic account.

In my experience, creating seperate cic and using individual email addresses saves you confusion.
IRCC easily get things confused and complicate issues...keep it simple!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 1:12am On Sep 03, 2021
kife:

This is not possible, they will ask for country of residence on the forms, that's what determines the visa processing office..Even if the visa is processed under your Mycic account.

In my experience, creating seperate cic and using individual email addresses saves you confusion.
IRCC easily get things confused and complicate issues...keep it simple!!
My brother I just tire for IRCC, they can be weird these days. My country of residence wasn’t Nigeria, I didn’t apply from Nigeria, 98% my documents are not from Nigeria only police report thingy and property document proof. Still my application was sent to Nairobi. I just tire!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 1:16am On Sep 03, 2021
Sorry for bothering you with questions, how do you know your file is with Nairobi?
lightswitch007:
My brother I just tire for IRCC, they can be weird these days. My country of residence wasn’t Nigeria, I didn’t apply from Nigeria, 98% my documents are not from Nigeria only police report thingy and property document proof. Still my application was sent to Nairobi. I just tire!

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.