Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (808640 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 11:35am On Apr 03, 2022
How do we contact our MP? Is it via mail, call or visit to the Office?
Anyone with experience on how best this could be done should kindly respond
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teminhi: 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2022
jogojogo:
How do we contact our MP? Is it via mail, call or visit to the Office?
Anyone with experience on how best this could be done should kindly respond

Just google search MP for your area eg "MP for Ottawa".
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 5:27pm On Apr 03, 2022
I have the details of the MP already.
Including office address and phone contact and email.
I want to know if there is a format for communication.
And since the address is close to where my spouse stays, can the contact be by visit to the l Office or a mail can do?
teminhi:

Just google search MP for your area eg "MP for Ottawa".
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 7:39pm On Apr 03, 2022
jogojogo:
I have the details of the MP already.
Including office address and phone contact and email.
I want to know if there is a format for communication.
And since the address is close to where my spouse stays, can the contact be by visit to the l Office or a mail can do?
The contact should be by email. Send him/she a normal email stating that you want him/she to help you follow up your application and check the status of you application. It is now the person that will send you format that he or she wants and the details they want
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 8:14pm On Apr 03, 2022
Great!!!
Thank you so much
skull4eva:

The contact should be by email. Send him/she a normal email stating that you want him/she to help you follow up your application and check the status of you application. It is now the person that will send you format that he or she wants and the details they want
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dukealara: 11:58am On Apr 04, 2022
teminhi:
Here it goes.

I got my AIP 7 days after submitting application back in 2020 and arrived in Canada Jan 2021. Waited till I was settled then I applied for wife's sowp along with son's vv in June and then the wait began. My wife works with one of the leading HMOs back home. We did upfront medical for both of them.

Nairaland was our go to for info. We read from page to page. In October I contacted the MP for my area. After the back and forth, I was told the application was just sitting in Nairobi, yet to be treated because of the volume of applications they have. She however suggested that I do a visitor's application for my son on the new portal hoping that once that is treated, it will prompt them to work on his mum's sowp. I asked if I should do the visit for both of them but she suggested just my son. In Nov, I applied for vv for my son and it was approved in 19 days. Then we continued to wait.

When nothing happened on her application by mid Jan this year, I put in an application for her too on the new portal. At that point I stopped reading nairaland because I stopped being genuinely happy for those who got their approval in one, two or three months. Here we were in our 7th month.
I must say at this point that I usually sent in webforms every other week on behalf of my wife, attaching my transcript, tuition and study permit each time. I also sent mails to the email addresses shared here.

At 40th week I started considering using an immigration lawyer. Two days ago, 41st week, I woke up and saw like 6 mails from ircc. My heart skipped a beat. I didn't bother to open the mails, I logged in directly because I knew it was either good news or good news. We have waited this long for nothing else. And there it was. My son's vv was withdrawn on the old portal while my wife's sowp was approved. Her vv application on the new portal was also withdrawn stating her sowp was approved.
Congratulations!! How long is your program?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 12:21pm On Apr 04, 2022
My application is 11month old I think I give up on sowp. it's discouraging. I am getting my PhD application done elsewhere as my spouse is stopping her program and it's a fully funded PhD program.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2022
I am contemplating withdrawing my sowp and allow the VV to run but can't tell the implication of that
Jonaholorun:
My application is 11month old I think I give up on sowp. it's discouraging. I am getting my PhD application done elsewhere as my spouse is stopping her program and it's a fully funded PhD program.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2022
I will advice you not to do so, there are testimonies shared here of how sowp was approved instead and the vv canceled. I know waiting is not easy, but keep trusting and praying to God for your goodnews, it will come sooner than you expected.

jogojogo:
I am contemplating withdrawing my sowp and allow the VV to run but can't tell the implication of that

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teminhi: 4:38pm On Apr 04, 2022
Dukealara:

Congratulations!! How long is your program?

Two years. Will be done this summer
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 2:07pm On Apr 05, 2022
Thanks so much @Iffylove
I say Amen to the prayers
Iffylove:
I will advice you not to do so, there are testimonies shared here of how sowp was approved instead and the vv canceled. I know waiting is not easy, but keep trusting and praying to God for your goodnews, it will come sooner than you expected.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2022
@Ladyblaq any news on your app?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Choco22: 11:14pm On Apr 05, 2022
Is this a generic response for everyone when you send a webform
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Choco22: 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2022
Please who hv gotten a response from ircc when raised a webform or reply to their mail.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Choco22: 2:40pm On Apr 06, 2022
This silence treatment is something else
No problem
We move����
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 3:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
There is usually no response but sometimes the mail returns with auto response of acknowledgement
Somebody has even responded to you earlier
Choco22:
Please who hv gotten a response from ircc when raised a webform or reply to their mail.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Choco22: 3:22pm On Apr 06, 2022
Thanks but I didn’t see any reply. I got this reply after raising webform but the issue here is that I don’t know if I should go ahead send the documents or it’s just a normal response to webform so I should ignore and wait for senior officer to review my file

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2022
To God be the Glory, I have just been refused on the ground of hometies and and travel History

For hometies, my proof of emplyment(letter from HR for vactation, payslip, pension account were presented), landed property, car document, family members (eight siblings, aged mother and father inlaw)

No travel History. I am thinking of travelling to few western african countries to get that corrected.
I submitted on 22nd of February, 2022.
I still have sowp application undecided.

I need our advise please
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 4:10pm On Apr 06, 2022
Choco22:
Thanks but I didn’t see any reply. I got this reply after raising webform but the issue here is that I don’t know if I should go ahead send the documents or it’s just a normal response to webform so I should ignore and wait for senior officer to review my file

Generic but send the documents if they are available.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 5:00pm On Apr 06, 2022
SweetJJ:

Bad news, terrible one but it is well.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 5:47pm On Apr 06, 2022
Choco22:
I will advice u send the one that corresponds to your situation. I also recieved that mail in january this year and i responded accordingly. Its just to proceed with ur application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2022
jogojogo:
To God be the Glory, I have just been refused on the ground of hometies and and travel History

For hometies, my proof of emplyment(letter from HR for vactation, payslip, pension account were presented), landed property, car document, family members (eight siblings, aged mother and father inlaw)

No travel History. I am thinking of travelling to few western african countries to get that corrected.

I need our advise please

Sorry about the news to start with. Basically like I said some few weeks back the VO already has a notion that you wont want to come back since you have an active SOWP application and with this flagpolling of a thing now most VV dont eventually come back. Now you need a more convincing hometie which for now I cant really place my hands on cos you have really tried with the home ties u mentioned above. This is the senerio that likely happens when ome first declears SOWP and later switch to VV. You must give the visa officer a more convincing reason to visit also when u can actually wait and get sowp to stay as long as ur spouse stays, aside this they know that once you visit you have a 90 percent tendency not to keep to the terms and condition of return thereby looking for other means to stay and eventually outstaying ur TRV or changing it with flagpolling like i mentioned earlier.
This was basically why i was also avoiding applying for a VV for my spouse and kids since my spouse already has sowp but after waiting for 9months I had to proceed. I PRAY GOD HELP US ALL. IT IS EMOTIONALLY DRAINING.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2022
LadyBlaq:

It is well madam.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by yetty002: 8:43pm On Apr 06, 2022
Sweetjj, please I am still on getting supervisor for my pH.d please can you guide me, I usually have a negative response, it is either they say they are going for sabbatical leave or on leave.
I have masters in Psychology, I work in a special school
SweetJJ:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2022
I know my presentation on hometie was strong but the bo decided otherwise. I am going to address the issues raised in my next application. My spouse had the same case when we apply for study permit. Was refused on homties. All we did was to represent the same hometie but with a stronger argument and that sailed through[quote author=skull4eva post=111707068]

Sorry about the news to start with. Basically like I said some few weeks back the VO already has a notion that you wont want to come back since you have an active SOWP application and with this flagpolling of a thing now most VV dont eventually come back. Now you need a more convincing hometie which for now I cant really place my hands on cos you have really tried with the home ties u mentioned above. This is the senerio that likely happens when ome first declears SOWP and later switch to VV. You must give the visa officer a more convincing reason to visit also when u can actually wait and get sowp to stay as long as ur spouse stays, aside this they know that once you visit you have a 90 percent tendency not to keep to the terms and condition of return thereby looking for other means to stay and eventually outstaying ur TRV or changing it with flagpolling like i mentioned earlier.
This was basically why i was also avoiding applying for a VV for my spouse and kids since my spouse already has sowp but after waiting for 9months I had to proceed. I PRAY GOD HELP US ALL. IT IS EMOTIONALLY DRAINING. [T/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 1:10am On Apr 07, 2022
Well in my case too for my husband's VV, I had also presented enough hometies aged parents, 5 siblings and their families, employment letter, leave letter for 21work days, landed property. My husband's VV was still refused on hometies and travel history. The hometies was well explained too in addition. Still waiting for the GCMS notes. We have not applied for SOWP. So I guess you can't really say it's because he has a SOWP in process already.

skull4eva:

This was basically why i was also avoiding applying for a VV for my spouse and kids since my spouse already has sowp but after waiting for 9months I had to proceed. I PRAY GOD HELP US ALL. IT IS EMOTIONALLY DRAINING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 1:12am On Apr 07, 2022
yetty002:
Sweetjj, please I am still on getting supervisor for my pH.d please can you guide me, I usually have a negative response, it is either they say they are going for sabbatical leave or on leave.
I have masters in Psychology, I work in a special school

Hi yetty, so sorry about that. I can't remember, have we talked about this before? What area are you looking at in special education?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 1:14am On Apr 07, 2022
LadyBlaq:

Oh dear! It can't get worse than a temporary refusal. Did you reapply for gcms notes or you will work with the one you already got?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 1:19am On Apr 07, 2022
Hello, sorry about this. I don't think that travel to African country counts o on travel history. It's majorly western world. However anything you think you can do to improve your app is fine. My husband's app was refused for the same exact reasons. If you can apply for gcms notes to see exactly why it was refused, it will be fine. I think your documentations are in order if you had explained all these too in the SOP.

jogojogo:

I need our advise please

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 1:40am On Apr 07, 2022
SweetJJ:
Well in my case too for my husband's VV, I had also presented enough hometies aged parents, 5 siblings and their families, employment letter, leave letter for 21work days, landed property. My husband's VV was still refused on hometies and travel history. The hometies was well explained too in addition. Still waiting for the GCMS notes. We have not applied for SOWP. So I guess you can't really say it's because he has a SOWP in process already.

Alright its possible. but that was the first information the MPs special assistant gave me when i informed him of applying for VV for my spouse and kids. He was even the one that also told me that SOWP approval is based on essential profession that is profession in need.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by yetty002: 5:07am On Apr 07, 2022
Courses related to behavior modifications, although I have to change route after writing different mails on special education to thinking going for psychology will be better but it is still the same issue of securing a supervisor. Please help me.
SweetJJ:

Hi yetty, so sorry about that. I can't remember, have we talked about this before? What area are you looking at in special education?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 6:26am On Apr 07, 2022
Chai! I wish I can help, sincerely! But dm me let's go through your cold email and research proposal together. I am still a student, I may not know much but I can offer some suggestions! All the best!
yetty002:
Courses related to behavior modifications, although I have to change route after writing different mails on special education to thinking going for psychology will be better but it is still the same issue of securing a supervisor. Please help me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.