Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (808874 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 6:34am On Apr 07, 2022
Are you sure he hasn't confused SOWP for international students to normal open work permit for immigrants/skilled worker? From what I read, international students spouse's can be from any profession, but you must be on NOC B jobs to apply for SOWP for skilled workers on open work permit.

I mean, you shouldn't refuse an international students spouse's work permit because he is not into certain professions. It simply doesn't make sense.

skull4eva:

Alright its possible. but that was the first information the MPs special assistant gave me when i informed him of applying for VV for my spouse and kids. He was even the one that also told me that SOWP approval is based on essential profession that is profession in need.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 9:28am On Apr 07, 2022
Foxs:

It will end in praise for you and your family in Jesus Name.

Amen...thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 10:19am On Apr 07, 2022
Congratulations to everybody getting PPR...been seeing enough testimony here....and to those refusals please try and address the aspect the VO mentioned for your refusal....

We still dey wait o....no PPR yet....1 year....1month......I decided to stay off nairaland for awhile make depression nor too set in

Still hoping on God...I want to come here and celebrate with my own testimony too just like other people are doing....amen

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 10:52am On Apr 07, 2022
How long does it take to have gcms not delivered?
SweetJJ:
Hello, sorry about this. I don't think that travel to African country counts o on travel history. It's majorly western world. However anything you think you can do to improve your app is fine. My husband's app was refused for the same exact reasons. If you can apply for gcms notes to see exactly why it was refused, it will be fine. I think your documentations are in order if you had explained all these too in the SOP.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by yetty002: 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2022
I have dm you please
SweetJJ:
Chai! I wish I can help, sincerely! But dm me let's go through your cold email and research proposal together. I am still a student, I may not know much but I can offer some suggestions! All the best!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2022
corleone427:
Congratulations to everybody getting PPR...been seeing enough testimony here....and to those refusals please try and address the aspect the VO mentioned for your refusal....

We still dey wait o....no PPR yet....1 year....1month......I decided to stay off nairaland for awhile make depression nor too set in

Still hoping on God...I want to come here and celebrate with my own testimony too just like other people are doing....amen
Hope it is SOWP? If it is please send them webform and emails daily telling then your application has passed standard processing times. They will respond since the standard time has elasp. Standard time as at this week is 40weeks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 3:09pm On Apr 07, 2022
Should be about 1month.

jogojogo:
How long does it take to have gcms not delivered?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2022
Thank you so much @ Sweetj
I got a job offer. What's the steps in getting the work permit?
SweetJJ:
Should be about 1month.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Chubbyface: 7:45pm On Apr 07, 2022
Hello house, new here!!
I am a woman and have a 3months old baby, What do you think about applying for an open work permit for my spouse together with my study permit application (to help take care of our child while I study)
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2022
I feel so bad about your application, I often come back once in a while and see that you are active. Sometimes we calculate too much and suspect we have made a mistake meanwhile we just fell into the hands of the wrong VO. please get your GCMS note and address the concern there, Dubai,Maldives or even seychelles will be along the lines of remedy for travel history. West African stamps have little to no impact t0 a VOs decision as they are basically seen as local travel. Small time difference dey but if you need someone to bounce off ideas with please let me know.

jogojogo:
To God be the Glory, I have just been refused on the ground of hometies and and travel History

For hometies, my proof of emplyment(letter from HR for vactation, payslip, pension account were presented), landed property, car document, family members (eight siblings, aged mother and father inlaw)

No travel History. I am thinking of travelling to few western african countries to get that corrected.
I submitted on 22nd of February, 2022.
I still have sowp application undecided.

I need our advise please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami213: 8:41pm On Apr 07, 2022
Long Post Alert!

My fellow Nairalanders! Please felicitate with me because my God is good and kind to me, to him alone be all the glory.
I just received my long awaited PPR. VV for the spouse of an international student. I learnt a lot from this forum and it is very imperative I give back.

My first application was submitted June 2021
Resubmitted a new application via the new portal January 9 2022.
Refusal letter February 9 2022 (Refused Based on Family ties)
I ordered GCMS notes same day.
Reapplied February 22 2022
PPR April 7 2022

A refusal letter hits differently, I was devastated because I thought I had a strong and convincing application. It took me about 2 weeks to get myself to write a new LOE and SOP.

A sweetheart on this platform @mzjanez01 reached out to me and advised I reapply without the notes. She was kind to share how her husband tackled his refusal reasons as well. Jane, you are far too kind oh! Thanks for all the prayers and kind words.

My GCMS notes arrived on the 12th of March, it seems to be the shortest GCMS notes have seen. The VO wrote that “ applicant has strong family ties in Canada”. To be honest, I was disappointed because I was expecting a more detailed notes. (I kuku report the VO to God)
Luckily for me the VO concern has been addressed in the new application.

What i did to Tackle the refusal reason based on family ties? I strengthened my HOME TIES. Having surfed through YouTube and Other forums, I realized that no one knows your story more than YOU when it comes to addressing Home/Family Ties.
I explained my responsibilities to my parent, I wrote extensively about how important my career in Nigeria is, my personal business and ongoing projects.

Aside being an employee of a reputable agency, I further explained my other commitments and responsibilities that will make me return back to Nigeria and I supported my explanations with valid documents. Although the commitments were briefly mentioned in the first application but this time it was detailed and I connected how my absence will affect each of them. I included more documents to support each claim unlike the first application. To be honest, it wasn’t by the documents but God was fully involved. I think Baba God was tired of me murmuring my application number every morning and night, hence the PPR. lol!

The wait for PPR isnt for the faint hearted especially when you see people who applied after you sharing their timelines (e go come be like say na only you waka come). God of NLP answers prayer, I prayed and fasted fervently for this PPR. Chail! IRCC messed with my mental health. The plan was to visit my spouse after his first academic year but I couldn’t because of the pandemic. As it is, the visa got approved just in time for convocation (graduation is this summer) although Graduation wasn’t stated for purpose of visit, it was plainly “family reunification “

May this kind of joy go round. To all PPR hopefuls, it is just a delay not a denial.

(PS: I typed this timeline on the 22nd of March 2022 during my leisure time)

Documents Submitted:
Statement of Purpose letter
LOE on FAMILY TIES.
Marriage Certificate
Notarized copy of Marriage Certificate.
Affidavit for change of maiden name.
Family Images.
Birth certificate
Letter of Introduction from my Employer.
Employment Letter.
Assumption of Duty Letter.
Confirmation of Employment Letter.
Last Promotion Letter.
Four months’ pay slips.
Bank Statements for Naira Account.
Bank Statements for US Dollar Account.
Bank reference letter
Reference letter from my pension fund administrator.
Pension account statements and certificate
Police Character Certificate.
Land deeds of agreement.
Some other property documents.
Passport information page.
Covid Vaccination card.
CAC documents
Article of association and memorandum
And some other business documents.

19 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mymzo48: 10:54pm On Apr 07, 2022
ami213:
Long Post Alert!

My fellow Nairalanders! Please felicitate with me because my God is good and kind to me, to him alone be all the glory.
I just received my long awaited PPR. VV for the spouse of an international student. I learnt a lot from this forum and it is very imperative I give back.

PPR April 7 2022

A refusal letter hits differently, I was devastated because I thought I had a strong and convincing application. It took me about 2 weeks to get myself to write a new LOE and SOP.

A sweetheart on this platform @mzjanez01 reached out to me and advised I reapply without the notes. She was kind to share how her husband tackled his refusal reasons as well. Jane, you are far too kind oh! Thanks for all the prayers and kind words.

My GCMS notes arrived on the 12th of March, it seems to be the shortest GCMS notes have seen. The VO wrote that “ applicant has strong family ties in Canada”. To be honest, I was disappointed because I was expecting a more detailed notes. (I kuku report the VO to God)

What i did to Tackle the refusal reason based on family ties? I strengthened my HOME TIES. Having surfed through YouTube and Other forums, I realized that no one knows your story more than YOU when it comes to addressing Home/Family Ties.
I explained my responsibilities to my parent, I wrote extensively about how important my career in Nigeria is, my personal business and ongoing projects.

Aside being an employee of a reputable agency, I further explained my other commitments and responsibilities that will make me return back to Nigeria and I supported my explanations with valid documents. Although the commitments were briefly mentioned in the first application but this time it was detailed and I connected how my absence will affect each of them. I included more documents to support each claim unlike the first application. To be honest, it wasn’t by the documents but God was fully involved. I think Baba God was tired of me murmuring my application number every morning and night, hence the PPR. lol!

The wait for PPR isnt for the faint hearted especially when you see people who applied after you sharing their timelines (e go come be like say na only you waka come). God of NLP answers prayer, I prayed and fasted fervently for this PPR. Chail! IRCC messed with my mental health. The plan was to visit my spouse after his first academic year but I couldn’t because of the pandemic. As it is, the visa got approved just in time for convocation (graduation is this summer) although Graduation wasn’t stated for purpose of visit, it was plainly “family reunification “

May this kind of joy go round. To all PPR hopefuls, it is just a delay not a denial.

Documents Submitted:
LOE on FAMILY TIES.
Marriage Certificate
Family Images.
Birth certificate
Employment Letter.
Last Promotion Letter.
Four months’ pay slips.
Bank reference letter
Land deeds of agreement.
Covid Vaccination card.
CAC documents

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 11:29pm On Apr 07, 2022
Congartulations!!!!

I connect to this o

Please is your LOE specifically to tackle the concern raised the VO?
ami213:
Long Post Alert!

PPR April 7 2022

Documents Submitted:
LOE on FAMILY TIES.
Marriage Certificate
Family Images.
Birth certificate
Employment Letter.
Last Promotion Letter.
Four months’ pay slips.
Bank reference letter
Land deeds of agreement.
Covid Vaccination card.
CAC documents
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 12:20am On Apr 08, 2022
Hi,

This is fine. Just try to address home ties.

Chubbyface:
Hello house, new here!!
I am a woman and have a 3months old baby, What do you think about applying for an open work permit for my spouse together with my study permit application (to help take care of our child while I study)
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Teluv(m): 12:57am On Apr 08, 2022
Good day special people, I need your candid suggestion pls
My sisters study permit application was recently approved, she is to resume school on the 9th of May. She has 4 kids and want them to be with her in Canada while she studies.

Her husband is not willing to come to Canada at the moment, however he is ready to apply for any visa that will allow him bring the kids to Canada to come be with their mom.

Do you advise he applies for a spousal open work permit and study permit for the 4 kids since they are of school age

or they all apply for a visitors visa to enable him drop the kids off in Canada as soon as possible.

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 2:40am On Apr 08, 2022
Congratulations!
I don't understand,. please do you mean you were refused on family ties and the GCMS notes said you have a strong family ties?
I like to see your LOE ooo, please, although we are waiting for gcms notes, but yours might help us address this family ties.

Congrats again!

ami213:
Long Post Alert!

PPR April 7 2022

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 3:51am On Apr 08, 2022
SweetJJ:

Oh dear! It can't get worse than a temporary refusal. Did you reapply for gcms notes or you will work with the one you already got?

You are right. I can't kill myself. The refusal came in a day after I submitted the rebuttal documents. I am very certain it was not looked at, whoever was at the end of the line just wanted to get it over with.

Lol. I applied for another GCM after I reapplied again.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by afrobrown2000: 3:53am On Apr 08, 2022
congratulations ...Canada will favour you.
ami213:
Long Post Alert!

PPR April 7 2022

Documents Submitted:
LOE on FAMILY TIES.
Marriage Certificate
Family Images.
Birth certificate
Employment Letter.
Last Promotion Letter.
Four months’ pay slips.
Bank reference letter
Land deeds of agreement.
Covid Vaccination card.
CAC documents

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 4:24am On Apr 08, 2022
ami213:
Long Post Alert!

PPR April 7 2022

Documents Submitted:
LOE on FAMILY TIES.
Marriage Certificate
Family Images.
Birth certificate
Employment Letter.
Last Promotion Letter.
Four months’ pay slips.
Bank reference letter
Land deeds of agreement.
Covid Vaccination card.
CAC documents

Well deserved congratulations. The God that remembered you and did yours will remember all of us that are waiting for good ooo. Amen
The land of canada will bring forth its increase for you and will favor you

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami213: 9:44am On Apr 08, 2022
You are next in line for PPR testimony.

LOE was specifically to tackle the refusal based on family ties in Canada and country of residence.

It was a 3 pages LOE. It was on the first page of my application before the SOP. I edited the SOP as well, I added some explanation from the LOE.

I explained each of the responsibilities that will enable me return to Nigeria after my visit…… I spoke briefly about my parent and siblings (if you aren’t the only child or heir apparent or have an emotional story about your family then you don’t have to dwell much on this. Channel the explanation to investments)

The LOE was majorly about my career, investments and projects.

In my previous application, I didn’t include my Pension documents, CAC documents, memorandum of association, some family images and some other properties and business documents. I felt it wasn’t needed. I added all these to support each explanation.

You can also pay your house rent if it is close to due date, just to strengthen your home ties.

When an application is refused based on family ties, I think the VO needs more conviction.

jogojogo:
Congartulations!!!!

I connect to this o

Please is your LOE specifically to tackle the concern raised the VO?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami213: 9:45am On Apr 08, 2022
Amen and many thanks. You shall be celebrated on this platform very soon.

skull4eva:

Well deserved congratulations. The God that remembered you and did yours will remember all of us that are waiting for good ooo. Amen
The land of canada will bring forth its increase for you and will favor you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami213: 9:50am On Apr 08, 2022
Yes oh! That was what the VO wrote. I have also attached a screenshot of my GCMS.

SweetJJ:
Congratulations!
I don't understand,. please do you mean you were refused on family ties and the GCMS notes said you have a strong family ties?
I like to see your LOE ooo, please, although we are waiting for gcms notes, but yours might help us address this family ties.

Congrats again!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami213: 9:52am On Apr 08, 2022
Amen, many thanks!

afrobrown2000:
congratulations ...Canada will favour you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 11:17am On Apr 08, 2022
Thanks @ Sam4774 for your kind words. I like the encouragement I got from this house. It has really help me cope with the dissapointment. I checked for gcms note and the price is 19$. Is this correct please cos someone told me its 5$
sam4774:
I feel so bad about your application, I often come back once in a while and see that you are active. Sometimes we calculate too much and suspect we have made a mistake meanwhile we just fell into the hands of the wrong VO. please get your GCMS note and address the concern there, Dubai,Maldives or even seychelles will be along the lines of remedy for travel history. West African stamps have little to no impact t0 a VOs decision as they are basically seen as local travel. Small time difference dey but if you need someone to bounce off ideas with please let me know.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 11:46am On Apr 08, 2022
I sent you a pm...Can we talk pls
ami213:
Yes oh! That was what the VO wrote. I have also attached a screenshot of my GCMS.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 11:49am On Apr 08, 2022
Any idea on how to tackle travel history/explain without neccessarily traveling?
How much deos GCMS note cost?
Can I get the link here please
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 08, 2022
@ami213 a very big congratulations to you dear. Thank God for his faithfulness

I also applied for visit visa but was refused in February, Gcms note states that my ties with my family in Nigeria is not sufficiently established
secondly, purpose of visit wasn't reasonable given applicants socio economic situation( purpose of visit stated in my application was to help my sister out as she was pregnant at that time, now she gave birth 3 days ago.
My Account statemt only had 1.4m

I want to reapply I need all the help I can get pls, and I wouldn't mind if u can share your LOE letter with me, here is my mail laraoyet@yahoo.com,.
Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami213: 7:08pm On Apr 08, 2022
I am yet to receive it.

jogojogo:
I sent you a pm...Can we talk pls
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami213: 7:10pm On Apr 08, 2022
I ordered my GCMS using ATIP and it cost 5 cad. You will need a Canadian resident to order it on your behalf.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Credit @ MsJanez01

Please state his obligations to his parents that are sensitive and strong enough to bring him back to Nigeria. In my case I stated that my husband takes my father inlaw on his routine medical check up. Luckily I was able to attach a picture of my husband's last visit and I claimed the picture was taken during his last medical routine checkup. I also claimed my husband is the only son and culture demands he takes care of his aged parents especially now that mother-inlaw is late, father inlaw is emotionally and financially dependent on my husband. If you can reach out I can help more. I addressed everything without a Gcms note. From my count I gave like 9 hometies which I believe were sufficient enough to counter his lack of travel history and having his whole family in Canada

jogojogo:
Any idea on how to tackle travel history/explain without neccessarily traveling?
How much deos GCMS note cost?
Can I get the link here please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 7:26pm On Apr 08, 2022
really?
I was not aware of this information, I ordered last week using gcmsonline, had to pay 13cad.
Thanks for this information

ami213:
I ordered my GCMS using ATIP and it cost 5 cad. You will need a Canadian resident to order it on your behalf.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami213: 8:46pm On Apr 08, 2022
You paid this much because you used a third party.

Iffylove:
really?
I was not aware of this information, I ordered last week using gcmsonline, had to pay 13cad.
Thanks for this information

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 9:09pm On Apr 08, 2022

Credit @ MsJanez01

Please state his obligations to his parents that are sensitive and strong enough to bring him back to Nigeria. In my case I stated that my husband takes my father inlaw on his routine medical check up. Luckily I was able to attach a picture of my husband's last visit and I claimed the picture was taken during his last medical routine checkup. I also claimed my husband is the only son and culture demands he takes care of his aged parents especially now that mother-inlaw is late, father inlaw is emotionally and financially dependent on my husband. If you can reach out I can help more. I addressed everything without a Gcms note. From my count I gave like 9 hometies which I believe were sufficient enough to counter his lack of travel history and having his whole family in Canada

[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.