Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (800812 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 14, 2022
Please gurus in the house i have a question.
I was told if i applied for a visit visa for my spouse alongside my application, the duration of visit visa will be tied to my study permit(2years)

Please how can i get a 10years visit visa for my spouse. Spouse is not interested in staying in canny land.

Should i apply for a tourist visa for spouse first before my application when apporved or how?
When applying for my study visa, What should i click as to what is my spouse applying for, is it Tourist visa?

I am just concerned about a longer duration.
Those that have gone through this phase come and help me with what to do.

10years visit visa is what i want for my spouse.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by samaig: 10:28am On Apr 14, 2022
HELLO FRIENDS, EXPERT, GURUs,

I HAVE APPLIED FOR STUDY PERMIT SINCE JUNE 2021 TILL DATE NO RESPONSES. PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO. I NEED HELP

THANKS.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 12:44am On Apr 15, 2022
Sorry to hear.
1. Have you logged in to your account recently to check?

2. Have you sent messages to IRCC via webform?

samaig:
HELLO FRIENDS, EXPERT, GURUs,

I HAVE APPLIED FOR STUDY PERMIT SINCE JUNE 2021 TILL DATE NO RESPONSES. PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO. I NEED HELP

THANKS.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 12:54am On Apr 16, 2022
Congratulations my gee
Canada here we come grin
jonosas:
PPR, baby!!!!

Oh, wow. What a ride.

Applied for SOWP for my wife and VV for my 2 kids on Nov 17, 2021.

Then applied for VV on the new portal for all three on Dec 30, 2021.

Received GCMS notes 2 days ago, mentioning home ties. Then today, messages about both applications appeared in wifey's inbox. When I saw them, my heart sank. I felt, this is it. E don finish.

I opened the VV on the new portal first. It said "withdrawn because a visa has been issued for your SOWP". It's still like a dream! In short, PPR for SOWP on the old portal (VV for kids withdrawn) and PPR for kids on the new portal.

I have to mention @Lianna2020 for all her help and support. You're absolutely awesome!!!

To anyone still anticipating, please don't lose hope.

Cheers!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Olamiikunle(m): 8:52am On Apr 16, 2022
Good morning.
I am an architect based in lagos and got married last month.
My wife finished from Sheridan College last year and currently working with her 3 years post graduate work permit.
I want to apply for SOWP, please any ideas and advises on supporting documents and LOE points i can add to the application.
Please, i will appreciate any support as i also read through the whole thread.
Note: earlt last month, my independent student visa application when still single was refused based on "not satisfied i will leave canada after study".

My wife and i have been in long distance relationship for so long..spending just few weeks together and getting back to distance is really killing her.
I need every advise to get this right.
Pls any info or idea wilk be much appreciated. Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 16, 2022
Lianna2020:
Congratulations my gee
Canada here we come grin

Liaaaaanna2020 it's been long oooo
Welcome back...

How is our little son and hubby?
Weather nko? Dnt vanish again biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 16, 2022
GodsGabby:
Please gurus in the house i have a question.
I was told if i applied for a visit visa for my spouse alongside my application, the duration of visit visa will be tied to my study permit(2years)

Please how can i get a 10years visit visa for my spouse. Spouse is not interested in staying in canny land.

Should i apply for a tourist visa for spouse first before my application when apporved or how?
When applying for my study visa, What should i click as to what is my spouse applying for, is it Tourist visa?

I am just concerned about a longer duration.
Those that have gone through this phase come and help me with what to do.

10years visit visa is what i want for my spouse.

Gurus abeg make una help
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Officialksolo: 10:15pm On Apr 16, 2022
HI everyone, please i need a sample of SOP For work permit
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ThekayBature: 1:51am On Apr 18, 2022
afrobrown2000:
congratulation May Canada Favour you...can wait for my own
Pls what is the occupation of your wife...Thanks @ThekayBature

She is an early childhood care teacher
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ThekayBature: 1:52am On Apr 18, 2022
SweetJJ:
TheKayBature, please what was the refusal reason for the VV?

They said family ties in Nigeria and Canada oo
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ThekayBature: 1:59am On Apr 18, 2022

19CannyMum:

Since you're in Canada, you could have requested the notes yourself for $5.

Congratulations!

Annoying thing sef is that till now they haven't even sent it.

But na them sabi. I don't need it again.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Elui12345: 7:09am On Apr 19, 2022
Good day All,

Is it still advisable to apply for Visitor Visa for spouse and son when an SOWP application is still running ? The SOWP application is now 6 months hold in the system with no decision made yet.

Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 8:04am On Apr 19, 2022
Tired of Canada its been 6 months now and nothing nothing. Really finding it hard to concentrate on this Ph.D. stuff. Getting so sad .

Please if you're coming to Canada don't let anybody advise you to drop your family in Nigeria and come here first. Apply together if they reject apply again.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami213: 9:20am On Apr 19, 2022
You can have a SOWP and VV application running concurrently.

Elui12345:
Good day All,

Is it still advisable to apply for Visitor Visa for spouse and son when an SOWP application is still running ? The SOWP application is now 6 months hold in the system with no decision made yet.

Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Elui12345: 9:30am On Apr 19, 2022
ami213:
You can have a SOWP and VV application running concurrently.

Thank you ��
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 2:40pm On Apr 19, 2022
Elui12345:
Good day All,

Thanks.
You can apply for both. My SOWP is 10months now and nothing yet. Had to apply for vv last month ending. The emotional trauma is killing
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 2:41pm On Apr 19, 2022
shams040:
Tired of Canada its been 6 months now and nothing nothing. Really finding it hard to concentrate on this Ph.D. stuff. Getting so sad .

Please if you're coming to Canada don't let anybody advise you to drop your family in Nigeria and come here first. Apply together if they reject apply again.
Hmmmm i feel your pain brother but like i did you can find time book a flight and visit your family. It gives a renewed strenght to cope for some time more
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
Help oooo

I applied together with my spouse as accompanying for sowp up till now nothing. It's a year now and nothing.

What should I do considering this is not sowp alone but joint application
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 6:43pm On Apr 20, 2022
Jonaholorun:
Help oooo

I applied together with my spouse as accompanying for sowp up till now nothing. It's a year now and nothing.

What should I do considering this is not sowp alone but joint application

I dont seem to understand joint application how? Do you mean u applied for study permit and your spouse sowp?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 11:10pm On Apr 20, 2022
Yes sir i applied to accompany Study permit. Like when filling SP and asked is there anyone you will like to accompany you to Canada, the answer is Yes, the next form that pops up , I filled it. Thus it was joint application, spouse secured SP and have gone but we didn't hear of any update on my sowp

skull4eva:

I dont seem to understand joint application how? Do you mean u applied for study permit and your spouse sowp?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 1:02am On Apr 21, 2022
Jonaholorun:
Yes sir i applied to accompany Study permit. Like when filling SP and asked is there anyone you will like to accompany you to Canada, the answer is Yes, the next form that pops up , I filled it. Thus it was joint application, spouse secured SP and have gone but we didn't hear of any update on my sowp

I get you now. One thing i know for sure is since both applications were together there is likelihood that it has might be approved becos the sp was approved but the delay is from the fact that sowp is not really a priority now except for profession in the shortage list that is profession on high demand. I will advice u request for GCMS notes although there might not be anything in it from the VO contact the MP too to help follow up, and also keep sending webforms and emails. But I read something online about 2 weeks ago now that one of the ministers not trudeau for sure said that SOWP will be taking a year now. And since then the processing time has increased from 39weeks to 46weeks as at yesterday while visit visa moved from 171days to 102 days as at yesterday. Now I will urge u to look into applying for a visit although you need to have strong hometies to prove to the VO that u will return if your visit visa lapse even if your sowp processing is still on.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 1:19am On Apr 21, 2022
I believe you wanted to write 171 days to 102 days instead of weeks.............

skull4eva:

I get you now. One thing i know for sure is since both applications were together there is likelihood that it has might be approved becos the sp was approved but the delay is from the fact that sowp is not really a priority now except for profession in the shortage list that is profession on high demand. I will advice u request for GCMS notes although there might not be anything in it from the VO contact the MP too to help follow up, and also keep sending webforms and emails. But I read something online about 2 weeks ago now that one of the ministers not trudeau for sure said that SOWP will be taking a year now. And since then the processing time has increased from 39weeks to 46weeks as at yesterday while visit visa moved from 171 weeks to 102 weeks as at yesterday. Now I will urge u to look into applying for a visit although you need to have strong hometies to prove to the VO that u will return if your visit visa lapse even if your sowp processing is still on.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 2:22am On Apr 21, 2022
ThekayBature:

They said family ties in Nigeria and Canada oo

Please how did you solve this. My family's visa was refused last month based on this. After a whooping one month wait for GCms notes it came out with : client has a strong ties in Canada, like seriously, I have already told you my wife is in Canada and I want to visit her. It was so annoying. How did you solve that? We had submitted all the hometies to Nigeria we can think of.

Can I come inbox please?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 3:25am On Apr 21, 2022
Iffylove:
I believe you wanted to write 171 days to 102 days instead of weeks.............

Yes sorry that was a typo error
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OtunbaTee(m): 4:22am On Apr 21, 2022
You're right..they might have approved his sowp, just hasn't been updated on the account. Happened to a close fri3nd. SP approved since June 2021 and already in Canada, still waiting for sowp till gcms revealed that it was approved since June 2021 too along with the SP.
So many things dey occur

skull4eva:

I get you now. One thing i know for sure is since both applications were together there is likelihood that it has might be approved becos the sp was approved but the delay is from the fact that sowp is not really a priority now except for profession in the shortage list that is profession on high demand. I will advice u request for GCMS notes although there might not be anything in it from the VO contact the MP too to help follow up, and also keep sending webforms and emails. But I read something online about 2 weeks ago now that one of the ministers not trudeau for sure said that SOWP will be taking a year now. And since then the processing time has increased from 39weeks to 46weeks as at yesterday while visit visa moved from 171days to 102 days as at yesterday. Now I will urge u to look into applying for a visit although you need to have strong hometies to prove to the VO that u will return if your visit visa lapse even if your sowp processing is still on.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by callJesu: 8:26am On Apr 21, 2022
Ok thank you

skull4eva:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by callJesu: 8:28am On Apr 21, 2022
We have actually ordered gcms note and we are yet to get any response on it. Thank you OtunbaTee

OtunbaTee:
You're right..they might have approved his sowp, just hasn't been updated on the account. Happened to a close fri3nd. SP approved since June 2021 and already in Canada, still waiting for sowp till gcms revealed that it was approved since June 2021 too along with the SP.
So many things dey occur

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kurukuru: 8:35am On Apr 21, 2022
This refusal reason is nothing but a deliberate arbitrariness of the VO. You can remind them of this Federal Court decision:

In the case of Carlson TACHOT MEnkem Afuah versus the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, 2021 FC 596). Besides, the decision of the officer to refuse my family the visa based on their tie to me in Canada is at variance with the Federal Court decision in Girn v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2015 FC 1222 at paragraph 32; Tavakoli Dinani v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2012 FC 1063 at paragraph 27; Demyati, above, at paragraph 11), where the court ruled that ‘’ the Officer should not have drawn negative inferences from the Applicant’s family ties in Canada. If anything, the Officer should have considered the financial support the Applicant’s family provides as a positive factor. At the very least, the Officer should have justified his/her reasoning: it is unreasonable to infer that Applicant will remain in the country illegally simply because he has strong family ties in Canada.

SweetJJ:

Please how did you solve this. My family's visa was refused last month based on this. After a whooping one month wait for GCms notes it came out with : client has a strong ties in Canada, like seriously, I have already told you my wife is in Canada and I want to visit her. It was so annoying. How did you solve that? We had submitted all the hometies to Nigeria we can think of.

Can I come inbox please?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by owee: 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
Male roommate wanted

Hello guys

Flatmate needed from May 1st in Saint John, New Brunswick (Uptown apartment, 9 minutes walk to MBA campus and close to most amenities)
One room is available and goes for $355/month plus utilities(excluding power and internet). This should be good for a student or new immigrant just landing and need a cost-effective place for the next 3 to 6 months (given the way prices of houses have consistently been on the rise).

Interested, hola(PM)!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by owee: 6:32pm On Apr 22, 2022
owee:
Male roommate wanted

Hello guys

Flatmate needed from May 1st in Saint John, New Brunswick (Uptown apartment, 9 minutes walk to MBA campus and close to most amenities)
One room is available and goes for $355/month plus utilities(excluding power and internet). This should be good for a student or new immigrant just landing and need a cost-effective place for the next 3 to 6 months (given the way prices of houses have consistently been on the rise).

Interested, hola(PM)!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AKANLE2: 4:27am On Apr 23, 2022
Hello House,

I am a student already in Canada since January, 2022. I want to apply for sowp for my spouse and study permit for my kids. Please can I use the same GC key account I used for my study permit to apply for my family or I need to create new GC key for their application?

Help your brother please
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 4:44am On Apr 23, 2022
AKANLE2:
Hello House,

I am a student already in Canada since January, 2022. I want to apply for sowp for my spouse and study permit for my kids. Please can I use the same GC key account I used for my study permit to apply for my family or I need to create new GC key for their application?

Help your brother please

U need to create another gckey u can use ur email so that all messages will come to you if you think your spouse dont know much about the process. Sowp is good but are you prepared for the wait? How old are your kids a study permit might be better for the sowp to be faster thats just my view oo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.