Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (804405 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by afrobrown2000: 3:55pm On May 29, 2022
congratulations.....go and strive...
rheene009:
Best email arrived. "We sent you a message about your application"
I’m Foreigner and my spouse is Nigerian. His VV PPR finally arrived.

He applied for OWP in May 2021 no update,

He then applied for a Visitors Visa in December 2021 which was processed in Manila, Philippines but was rejected, VO stated on his GCMS note that he had no reason to visit me and our infant child. It was heartbreaking, and triggered more of my anxiety and depression.

In April 2022 I got my study permit extension for a second program and visitor’s record for my baby.

We did several research and assistance from other Nairalander Thanks to @Technix and @lianna2020.

Due to his past refusal we decided his application should be done in his country of citizenship Nigeria and not his country of residence.

He decided to reapply for a visitor's visa on May 14th 2022 and got PPR May 26th today. 12days dang!

He checked his OWP application and Eligibility review has started wow.

Over 372 days wow, finally I can smile and I believe and hope his OWP gets approved soon.

Big Big shout out to @justmellow, @gcmswriters. I really appreciate your service. They’re very professional and dang! they interpreted exactly what I was going through. For me I wrote my invitation letter myself. I really needed to express my frustration, depression and pain being alone with a 10 month old, how my marriage is threatened, my health is threatened, my spouse being a Nigerian has to prove himself worthy all the time and having different traditions and culture. I attached chats and conversations.

PPR after visa rejection from US, Australia and Schengen. It's a pattern when he applies for visas from outside Nigeria. This time he used his houses, investments and family in Nigeria as ties to his application.

Due to the limited upload size for documents on his visitors visa application he sent more documents via Webform to address his reapplication.

I just want to say thank you to Nairalanders and the community. I don’t wish this delay on anyone. I hope his OWP gets approved as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ditha(f): 11:20pm On May 29, 2022
My husband arrived in Canada today. Grateful to God that my family is finally united. I wish you all the best on this journey!

17 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 3:40am On May 30, 2022
Congratulations ...You won. God help me too
ditha:
My husband arrived in Canada today. Grateful to God that my family is finally reunited. I wish you all the best on this journey!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 5:27am On May 30, 2022
Jonaholorun:
Congratulations ...You won. God help me too

Aameen and me too.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cynk: 1:32pm On May 30, 2022
please can someone send me the link to the webform to send proof of medicals?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mamatee2: 2:25pm On May 30, 2022
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Cynk:
please can someone send me the link to the webform to send proof of medicals?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mamatee2: 2:26pm On May 30, 2022
Congratulations! I'm happy for you.

ditha:
My husband arrived in Canada today. Grateful to God that my family is finally united. I wish you all the best on this journey!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rheene009: 9:30pm On May 30, 2022
It's PPR again
Spouse's OWP PPR
Submitted May 2021
Medicals Update June 2021
Long wait....
Applied for Visiting Visa December 27th 2021
Rejected Feb 20th 2022
Reapplied for Visiting Visa May 14th 2022
PPR May 26th 2022
Eligibility Review for SOWP started May 26th 2022
May 30th today PPR for SOWP

I have a question please, my spouse already submitted his Passport for the Visiting Visa Counterfoil. Now that he has gotten his SOWP visa does he resubmit his passport again for the SOWP counterfoil? Thank you

6 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 9:49pm On May 30, 2022
Congratulations

ditha:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cooooooks(m): 9:54pm On May 30, 2022
Ah.

What were the antecedents to the marriage? Were you guys dating or something?

What type of marriage(so) did you guys do? Have you guys ever lived together?

You could sue your husband, but that is an expensive affair. Your husband might be marrying someone for his own papers sef.

He should know that if you guys were married in court, he could fail a background check. Or you could petition the Immigration Authorities about this sham marriage. This would also be bad for him.

I would advise against marrying a deceiver like this. If you were married in court, meet a lawyer and see if, at least, you could get some compensation from him.

babybless44:
Good day House,

Please what helpful advice can you render?

I got married to my husband who is currently a student in Saskatchewan early last year.

On the 16/4/2021 I submitted my spouse open work permit and on the 21/4/2021, I did biometrics. I haven’t gotten a medical request from the Embassy yet. My husband refused to allow me access to the account he used in filing this application for me as he only has the password to the account he created and only him can access it. I can only receive mails although I know my application number, IRCC number and other relevant info but he said he has canceled the application and I am yet to be notified of the cancellation via mail.

My husband traveled back shortly after our wedding and since then, he has completely abandoned me here in Nigeria. He informed me that he has canceled my application for no reason and he said he is about to get married to another lady while his marriage with me is still valid.

I haven’t heard from him since last year and I do not know my fate concerning my pending application.

Is there any way you can help me check the status of my application if I provide the relevant info and what are the steps I can take concerning my predicament.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cooooooks(m): 10:00pm On May 30, 2022
If you guys don't have money in Nigeria or a job holding you down here, they may reject a visitor visa.

Do you have a travel history with other visitor visas?

They won't believe that you're coming to visit your husband and go back. For 5 MONTHS!!

On other fora, people have stories about visitor visa rejection for spouses.

I strongly suggest applying for the SOWP and having your husband visit you. Or you two visit other countries (Dubai, US).
Candyomi:

I would like to ask about the better option between a spouse open work permit and a visitors' visa. My husband is on a study permit in Canada.Canada processing time from IRCC website revealed that spouse open work permit will take 49 weeks to process from Nigeria while it will take 139 days to process from inside Canada.
Visitors' visas will take 92 days to process from Nigeria.
However,my husband informed me that I cannot work in Canada with a visitors' visa because I cannot process a Social Insurance Number with it and that means I will be unemployed in Canada for more than 5 months if I decide to go for the Visitors' visa from Nigeria and later apply for a work visa from inside Canada.
Kindly advise on the better option.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cooooooks(m): 10:02pm On May 30, 2022
No B.Sc could easily go into nursing assistant or home care. In very high demand.
ditha:
I don't think so. I don't know what their pattern is but i know someone that applied with no BSc result and no tangible work record and was approved in a short time recently
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cooooooks(m): 10:04pm On May 30, 2022
Raise a webform.

Google "Webform IRCC".
Obiorah8:

Mine is since 2020 I heard frm dem last, pls help me with there email address. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cooooooks(m): 10:06pm On May 30, 2022
Might be because you applied twice for their visit visa.

It is wrong to apply for the same visa, for the same person, from another account.

Check the FAQ.

skull4eva:
Guys please ooo i am in a serious dilemma i applied for a SOWP for my spouse alongside VV for my two kids on the old portal since july last year. The application will be 45 weeks this week. Now becos of the long wait I applied for VV for my spouse and two kids on the new portal in march 2022. Now i just logged in to the old portal tonight and saw that my two sons visit visa has been withdrawn since may 2nd 2022 ( like they just wrote application withdrawn final decision) for the two kids and my spouse application for sowp is till there active. No eligibility review just background check in progress. The kids VV and that of my spouse on the new portal is still active too. There was no mail to inform of the withdrawal. Please what can i do. In my experience i have seen this.
Should I mail IRCC?
Please i need quick response my people. My head get lots of thinking of what happened and whats the way forward.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cooooooks(m): 10:20pm On May 30, 2022
I just read the ruling.

This is an evil ruling. Goes against their guidelines and is indefensible.

I'll have to share this ruling with family.

This is not how applications are processed, but by this ruling, they have protected themselves from any litigation on this front.

The guy showed enough funds for 2 full years for goodness' sake.

At that rate, the number of people who would be able to attend (common) U of Manitoba; not Harvard or anything else, will dwindle seriously.

As for the student, starting a uni program at 24 in Canada was always going to be negative. I suspect this is the real reason for his refusal.

They didn't show prior university education or work experience, per the law packet. Why? Is he saying that he did no education in Nigeria after secondary school?

Crazy ruling.
Kurukuru:
My people if you want to apply for a study permit together with spousal open work permit. Be ready to provide funds for your entire stay NOT THE ONE YEAR that is on their website o
The below new jurisprudence is an ambush many VOs will be using now.
https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2022/2022fc728/2022fc728.html?autocompleteStr=2022%20FC%20728%20&autocompletePos=1
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dekate1(f): 11:06pm On May 30, 2022
rheene009:
It's PPR again
Spouse's OWP PPR
Submitted May 2021
Long wait....
Rejected Feb 20th 2022
PPR May 26th 2022
I have a question please, my spouse already submitted his Passport for the Visiting Visa Counterfoil. Now that he has gotten his SOWP visa does he resubmit his passport again for the SOWP counterfoil? Thank you

Congratulations ��

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 1:00am On May 31, 2022
rheene009:
It's PPR again
Spouse's OWP PPR
Submitted May 2021
Long wait....
Rejected Feb 20th 2022
PPR May 26th 2022

Congratulations. Indeed you have received favor from the Highest, May it be blessed. I pray that the one who created man from a clot of blood, who created the earth and peg it with the rocks grants the rest of us approval soon.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 1:43am On May 31, 2022
rheene009:
It's PPR again
Spouse's OWP PPR
Submitted May 2021
Long wait....
Rejected Feb 20th 2022
PPR May 26th 2022

Congratulations it is indeed a huge favor.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rheene009: 10:25am On May 31, 2022
shams040:

Congratulations. Indeed you have received favor from the Highest, May it be blessed. I pray that the one who created man from a clot of blood, who created the earth and peg it with the rocks grants the rest of us approval soon.
Thank you sir. Can't wait for yours.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rheene009: 10:28am On May 31, 2022
I have a question please, Passport & Visiting Visa PPR has been submitted to VFS for the Visiting Visa Counterfoil. Now that he has gotten his SOWP PPR does he resubmit his passport again for the SOWP counterfoil?

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 10:34am On May 31, 2022
Congratulations send the passport again for the SOWP, and he should travel with that instead of the visit. I have heard of someone here who got two on the same passport.

rheene009:
It's PPR again
Spouse's OWP PPR
Submitted May 2021
Long wait....
Rejected Feb 20th 2022
PPR May 26th 2022

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 11:32am On May 31, 2022
rheene009:
I have a question please, Passport & Visiting Visa PPR has been submitted to VFS for the Visiting Visa Counterfoil. Now that he has gotten his SOWP PPR does he resubmit his passport again for the SOWP counterfoil?

Thank you

He will stamp the sowp in ottawa when he arrives in canada
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 3:49pm On May 31, 2022
Heloo House...
How long does eligibility review last?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adeeeeeeeee: 4:17pm On May 31, 2022
Hello everyone, thank you for your good work here. Please I need some advice. My sister would like to pursue her dream in Canada, she graduated with Second Class "LOWER" in Law. Please is there any school you can recommend that will offer admission to her master's program? Please advise will be tangible at this moment. Thank you in advance.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Toceen2022: 4:21pm On May 31, 2022
jogojogo:
Heloo House...
How long does eligibility review last?
Sincerely, no specific answer to this question.
For some, It can be within few hours, days, weeks, months or even a year.

Yesterday, someone said he noticed his eligibility has commenced when he logged-in in the morning and got PPR around 4pm same day... I've also seen someone whose eligibility has started since October 2021 and no final decision yet.

So, no specific answer to that question.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 4:21pm On May 31, 2022
I doubt for Masters but she can go for Psotgraduate Diploma or other Certificate programes that are DLI approved
adeeeeeeeee:
Hello everyone, thank you for your good work here. Please I need some advice. My sister would like to pursue her dream in Canada, she graduated with Second Class "LOWER" in Law. Please is there any school you can recommend that will offer admission to her master's program? Please advise will be tangible at this moment. Thank you in advance.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 4:24pm On May 31, 2022
Waoh!!
Thanks for the information. I just hope one will be on the favorable lane of outcome
Toceen2022:

Sincerely, no specific answer to this question.
For some, It can be within few hours, days, weeks, months or even a year.

Yesterday, someone said he noticed his eligibility has commenced when he logged-in in the morning and got PPR around 4pm same day... I've also seen someone whose eligibility has started since October 2021 and no final decision yet.

So, no specific answer to that question.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Toceen2022: 4:31pm On May 31, 2022
adeeeeeeeee:

The truth is, it's very difficult to get admission for master's program with 2.2 in Canada, but not impossible.
Some factors may be crucial in deciding her graduate application.
1. Her GPA in the last 2 years of bachelor’s degree
2. If she can secure a supervisor before applying.
3. How many years of work experience in the field.
4. Her Statement of Purpose to Grad School in her application.

If these things her well placed, she could get an offer.
If not, she can apply to a college for Post-Graduate Certificate or Post-Graduate Diploma related to Law.

All the best to her!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Toceen2022: 4:35pm On May 31, 2022
jogojogo:
Waoh!!
Thanks for the information. I just hope one will be on the favorable lane of outcome
Amen o... That's the prayer.
That waiting period can really be psychologically draining.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adeeeeeeeee: 5:16pm On May 31, 2022
Thanks for your contribution. She has 3 years of experience practicing. I think getting a supervisor at the master's level with such a result will be difficult. Besides, I'm not sure if law students need a supervisor before admission, even if that's the case, it will be difficult to get one, considering her result. On Post-Graduate Certificate or Post-Graduate Diploma related to Law, I would also advise her to look into that. Any suggestion(school or course) from anybody will be appreciated. Thanks, @Toceen2022.

Toceen2022:

The truth is, it's very difficult to get admission for master's program with 2.2 in Canada, but not impossible.
Some factors may be crucial in deciding her graduate application.
1. Her GPA in the last 2 years of bachelor’s degree
2. If she can secure a supervisor before applying.
3. How many years of work experience in the field.
4. Her Statement of Purpose to Grad School in her application.

If these things her well placed, she could get an offer.
If not, she can apply to a college for Post-Graduate Certificate or Post-Graduate Diploma related to Law.

All the best to her!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cynk: 10:05pm On May 31, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.