Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (804203 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 12:10am On Jun 11, 2022
Bioinfoguy:
Hello everyone!

My wife applied for SOWP and VV for our kids to join me (PhD student) in Canada. Here is the application timeline.

Submission date: November 7, 2021
Biometrics date: November 17, 2021
Upfront Medical: March 15, 2022
MP contacted IRCC: April 27, 2022 (Eligibility not started)
MP contacted IRCC: May 27, 2022 (Eligibility not started)

We have sent countless emails to Nairobi but we only received generic emails from them like the one below.
Please, what else can we do to expedite the visa processing? The waiting is disturbing and depressing.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

My advice is to keep sending emails to IRCC as
Well as webforms and contacting your mp to follow up. I have been waiting since july 2021 for the same. Am sure some one or two people on this platform have been waiting since March 2021

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by yungbilli: 1:59am On Jun 11, 2022
Wow back to back congratulations for 2022 applicants.

It also seems unfair to 2020/2021 applicants, i believe it's a tactic to make 2020/2021 applicant withdraw their application and reapply. I notice there have been changes with Indian applicants who were in this situation. They began calling IRCC out, and sending webforms for how bias they are and it work for some.

Silently reading nairaland i can tell only 10% MPs are helpful to applicants, 80% only check for updates, the other 10% won't respond. I understand the Visa is a privilege but we need to start calling them out legally so this can stop. I know of someone on here who's application is still pending since 2020.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 3:20am On Jun 11, 2022
yungbilli:
Wow back to back congratulations for 2022 applicants.

It also seems unfair to 2020/2021 applicants, i believe it's a tactic to make 2020/2021 applicant withdraw their application and reapply. I notice there have been changes with Indian applicants who were in this situation. They began calling IRCC out, and sending webforms for how bias they are and it work for some.

Silently reading nairaland i can tell only 10% MPs are helpful to applicants, 80% only check for updates, the other 10% won't respond. I understand the Visa is a privilege but we need to start calling them out legally so this can stop. I know of someone on here who's application is still pending since 2020.

Really unfair to us. My spouse application is 48weeks now. Nothing yet even the vv on thr new portal will be 3months by 25th of this month nothing also
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ditha(f): 3:26am On Jun 11, 2022
got it already o.. thanks anyways
afrobrown2000:
thank you ....yours is on its way
really don't even know what next to do ......what is the latest requirement traveling with kids and kids under 7 years old....
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rheene009: 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2022
Jonaholorun:
Congratulations send the passport again for the SOWP, and he should travel with that instead of the visit. I have heard of someone here who got two on the same passport.

Thank you for your comment my spouse got 2 stamps
For Visiting PPR
He sent his documents to VFS on May 30th and received his passport with counterfoil on June 4th
For SOWP PPR
He sent his document to VFS on the same June 4th and received his passport with work visa counterfoil today June 11th. Thank you skull4eva for your comment and thanks Justmellow Gcmswriters.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 1:28pm On Jun 11, 2022
Have you tried to forward the documents listed for spouse of international students to them?. maybe it can expedite it just as they have said.

Bioinfoguy:
Hello everyone!

My wife applied for SOWP and VV for our kids to join me (PhD student) in Canada. Here is the application timeline.

Submission date: November 7, 2021
Biometrics date: November 17, 2021
Upfront Medical: March 15, 2022
MP contacted IRCC: April 27, 2022 (Eligibility not started)
MP contacted IRCC: May 27, 2022 (Eligibility not started)

We have sent countless emails to Nairobi but we only received generic emails from them like the one below.
Please, what else can we do to expedite the visa processing? The waiting is disturbing and depressing.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by WarriBrandChic: 11:47pm On Jun 11, 2022
Hello Iffylove, please where can I get the list of documents?

Iffylove:
Have you tried to forward the documents listed for spouse of international students to them?. maybe it can expedite it just as they have said.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Doree: 1:22am On Jun 12, 2022
afrobrown2000:
PPR Alert!!!!!!

Thank you lord .

Application submission 20th of January 2022
Medicals 8th Feb
BVL 10th June 2022
PPR For SOWP, Study PERMIT for 2 kids..

Did VV for myself to join wife in Canada Nov. denied same month Nov 2021
Nothing different had to link children study permit for US citizens to my SOWP application which which gave me reasons to ask for expedited processing since it had passed processing times ....Viola....straight to PPR for me and the kids

Congratulations! I am next in line in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hello pals
Could a long period of time on Eligibility Review stage means that the chances of a positive outcome may be high?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Toceen2022: 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2022
jogojogo:
Hello pals
Could a long period of time on Eligibility Review stage means that the chances of a positive outcome may be high?
Negative! It doesn't matter at all.
Someone on the study permit thread waited for 10 months and 3 weeks, and was still rejected.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 5:26am On Jun 13, 2022
Na was o...
That was hard and callously callous
Toceen2022:

Negative! It doesn't matter at all.
Someone on the study permit thread waited for 10 months and 3 weeks, and was still rejected.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shommyface: 5:40am On Jun 13, 2022
You can request for your notes.

jogojogo:
Hello pals
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oganammuo: 6:36am On Jun 13, 2022
jogojogo:
Communicate them through webform and email. This is a bit strange

OK. Thank you so much
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 10:17am On Jun 13, 2022
Thank you so much
Shommyface:
You can request for your notes.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gregoma(m): 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2022
PPR Alert!!!

All thanks to God for being faithful with the record breaking approvals.....

Application Submission 31st of March, 2022
Biometrics 6th of April, 2022
Medicals 19th of April, 2022
PPR for SOWP 11th of June, 2022

Thanks to everyone who contributed with advise and their testimonials, you all deserve to share in this testimony.
Apparently i received a letter of Original Passport Request with a link on how to proceed but the link isnt connecting.
Anyone with adequate information on how to proceed should pls come to my help...

11 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2022
wow!!! congratulations.....
it should work, just give it some time.
Please kindly share with us what you did differently.
Thank you
gregoma:
PPR Alert!!!

Thanks to everyone who contributed with advise and their testimonials, you all deserve to share in this testimony.
Apparently i received a letter of Original Passport Request with a link on how to proceed but the link isnt connecting.
Anyone with adequate information on how to proceed should pls come to my help...

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jimogh111(m): 2:27am On Jun 14, 2022
Wow, congratulations. I key into this divine favour and speed. God will make it happen speedily. Amen

gregoma:
PPR Alert!!!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bioinfoguy: 3:13am On Jun 14, 2022
Thanks, this is noted.
skull4eva:

My advice is to keep sending emails to IRCC as
Well as webforms and contacting your mp to follow up. I have been waiting since july 2021 for the same. Am sure some one or two people on this platform have been waiting since March 2021
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 4:22am On Jun 14, 2022
what list are you referring to?
WarriBrandChic:
Hello Iffylove, please where can I get the list of documents?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dekate1(f): 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
PPR!!!!

Mail just came in now.
I’ll come back to give timeline.

I’m too happy to type.
Thank you Jesus

9 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shommyface: 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2022
PPR!

SOWP for wife and VV for infant.

SOWP + VV Submitted: January 12th 2022.
PPR: June 14th 2022.

This our applications get K-leg to be honest. So, I came to Canada in September 2021 as a fully funded research student at the University of Calgary.

January 12th 2022, I submitted SOWP for my wife and VV for my child.
After learning about the SOWP applications' delays, I submitted a new VV for both of them on the new portal.

6weeks later, the VV applications on the new portal were refused. "Reason: Family Tie"
Then my child's VV on the old portal was withdrawn by IRCC. (Obviously, it is not possible to run two VV simultaneously)

Requested for GCMS note and it came with just one line "You have a strong family tie in Canada"

I refire both VV again on the new portal on April 23rd and tackled the refusal reason.

On June 8th, I received a Medical Request for the SOWP on the old portal (e-Medical slip that I submitted along with the SWOP application in January, which dem never update ooo), so I emailed them the e-slip that very day, and the status changed to passed within 24 hours.

To my surprise, my child's VV application which had been withdrawn on the old portal changed it's status to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"

Both approval, SOWP + VV came today on the old portal.

ShoutOut to JustMellow of GCMSwriters.

May the Love Letter soon be released for all awaiting applicants.

12 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2022
congratulations
dekate1:
PPR!!!!

Mail just came in now.

I’m too happy to type.
Thank you Jesus
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2022
congratulations to you and family

Shommyface:
PPR!

This our applications get K-leg to be honest. So, I came to Canada in September 2021 as a fully funded research student at the University of Calgary.

After learning about the SOWP applications' delays, I submitted a new VV for both of them on the new portal.

6weeks later, the VV applications on the new portal were refused. "Reason: Family Tie"
Then my child's VV on the old portal was withdrawn by IRCC. (Obviously, it is not possible to run two VV simultaneously)

Requested for GCMS note and it came with just one line "You have a strong family tie in Canada"

I refire both VV again on the new portal on April 23rd and tackled the refusal reason.

On June 8th, I received a Medical Request for the SOWP on the old portal (e-Medical slip that I submitted along with the SWOP application in January, which dem never update ooo), so I emailed them the e-slip that very day, and the status changed to passed within 24 hours.

To my surprise, my child's VV application which had been withdrawn on the old portal changed it's status to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 4:57pm On Jun 14, 2022
Shommyface:
PPR!

Congratulations please can you send me just mellow contact?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 4:57pm On Jun 14, 2022
dekate1:
PPR!!!!

Mail just came in now.

I’m too happy to type.
Thank you Jesus

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shommyface: 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
@GCMSwriters on Instagram

skull4eva:

Congratulations please can you send me just mellow contact?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iyin2017: 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2022
dekate1:
PPR!!!!
Congratulations
Mail just came in now.

I’m too happy to type.
Thank you Jesus
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dekate1(f): 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2022
[quote author=Iyin2017 post=113802450][/quote]

SOWP PPR
Applied 17th Feb 2022
Biometrics request and update: 18th and 23rd February Respectively
Upfront medical submission and update: 4th and 15th April 2022 respectively
No review
PPR: This afternoon 14th June 2022

What God cannot do does not exist.
I was literally ready.
I had packed my bags last week Thursday already.
I am big on manifestation and it worked.

I had already written my testimony since last month 30th, thinking it will come then Cz I could feel it. It didn’t but I’m still going to upload the same testimony.

Every night I’ll tell myself that my application has been concluded and the mail had come. I say it before I sleep.
Last week I changed it to thanksgiving and God and the universe answered.

God will indeed do it for everybody.
We need to stay positive and believe.
Do things you’ll do when it comes.
Manifest it and believe,
It will come.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Abby212: 6:39pm On Jun 14, 2022
Good evening all, please what are the documents needed for SOWP and study permit for kids. Thank you all.

Congratulations to all the SOWP receivers. I tap into your testimonies.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iyin2017: 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2022
I tap into your testimony, I will testify on behalf of my husband and daughter this month of June 2022 in Jesus name

SOWP PPR
Applied 17th Feb 2022
Biometrics request and update: 18th and 23rd February Respectively
Upfront medical submission and update: 4th and 15th April 2022 respectively
No review
PPR: This afternoon 14th June 2022

What God cannot do does not exist.
I was literally ready.
I had packed my bags last week Thursday already.
I am big on manifestation and it worked.

I had already written my testimony since last month 30th, thinking it will come then Cz I could feel it. It didn’t but I’m still going to upload the same testimony.

Every night I’ll tell myself that my application has been concluded and the mail had come. I say it before I sleep.
Last week I changed it to thanksgiving and God and the universe answered.

God will indeed do it for everybody.
We need to stay positive and believe.
Do things you’ll do when it comes.
Manifest it and believe,
It will come.[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
Friends, is there any positives in this response from IRCC?
What is the implication here please?

[b]Good day and thank you for your email enquiry and contacting the Migration Section.

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is in queue for processing, and will be processed according to the receipt date.

Processing times have been affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic and are not accurate on our website. To this effect, we are unable to guarantee a timeframe for which a decision will be made on your application.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached, or, if deemed appropriate, to request additional information.

To help facilitate your application when an officer reviews it, please forward one of the following, depending on your situation:

1. LMIA/LMIA-exempt work permits: an updated copy of your letter of offer showing that your employer still intends to hire you.

2. Accompanying spouse of a student: evidence of your spouse’s enrollment at an eligible Designated Learning Institution (DLI), and their most recent transcripts.

3. Accompanying spouse of a skilled worker: evidence of your spouse’s employment (i.e., letter of offer and paystubs), and a copy of their complete job description.

4. Post Graduate Work Permit Applicants: updated final transcripts from an eligible DLI, and a copy of your degree (if not previously provided)

Note that continually emailing requesting the status of your application will not result in expedited processing.

Regards,[/b]

Eligibilty Review started two weeks ago but that was not mentioned in this response

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by blackmaryjane6: 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hello,
I got a refusal today, the reason stated “ Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself”

Please how do I tackle this

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: Roseey0(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.