Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (808706 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sundjata: 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2022
I don't think your being inside Canada implies that your application is being submitted from inside Canada. It would've been so if your wife is in Canada already, for instance, on a visit visa. But since she's still in Nigeria and will do her biometrics and medical in Nigeria, the application statutorily falls under "Outside Canada" submission.

Note that this is just what I think; IRCC might say otherwise, dunno.

May06:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need clarification regarding the process for applying for Spousal work permit from inside Canada. I am currently working in Canada and would like to apply for a spousal work permit (SOWP) for my spouse who is in Nigeria. The IRCC guidelines states that I can submit the application from inside Canada since I have a valid open work permit. I am however confused as to how this works since my spouse is actually outside Canada. (1) If I submit the application from inside Canada, Will my partner be able to complete their biometrics and medicals in Nigeria? Please advise. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2022
Yhe two available means are through webform and mail
Deronke1:

How did you send it? Please put me through
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rheene009: 11:23pm On Jul 16, 2022
skull4eva:
My spouse got medical request yesterday. Her upfront Medical expired June 22. Just last week and my two kids got approval on their VV.
Would drop my time line as soon as the medical issue is sorted. The application will be 1year on the 21st of july 2022. Applied since July 22, 2021.
Yeeeeeeeeeaahhhh. Congratulations. wow happy for you. I sincerely logged into nairaland because of you. So happy finally.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rheene009: 11:25pm On Jul 16, 2022
skull4eva:
My timeline
The journey started in 2020 when i applied for visa for myself and my family together after i got admission for a phd in mcgill. I didnt get funding so i looked for a sponsor who was not a close relative my visa was denied alongside that of my family on basis of funds no travel history and that what was the perosn standing to gain in sponsoring my education. Now i went back to the drawing board decided to reapply alone got some level of funding from my supervisor 18k cad per year then i also got a gift of deed from my parents to increase my financial capacity added the sponsor statement again paid my full tuition for winter 2021 january then reapplied again in december 2020. My visa was approved in my but i didnt travel till july ending. I applied for my spouse sowp while i was in nigeria on 22nd of July 2021 and then the wait started.
Did upfront medicals for her but didnt do for the two kids becos they were both less than 3yrs as at then.
I was scared for 3 major reasons
1. financially becos i only had 5k USD in dorm account, 2m in my naira account and 2.4m in my spouse naira account as well as my sponsorship letter for the application.
2. I applied from nigeria and most gurus adviced against that although immediately i enter canada i sent my study permit as well as sin and invitation letter to support spouse application via webform and email
3. I changed my program from a phd to a masters when i entered and these things made me afraid
When i waited and waited I booked a flight in december to come see my family and made my two kids do medical then. I came back in january hoping to get the news of their approval soon but it took another 6months. Although i sent my flight itenary as well as transcripts and other bursaries and funding i got and even my canada bank statement but they were just acknowledged IRCC didnt work on the file. My Mp started the follow up since sept and he did it till june 15th He is really a wonderful man. He even told me last week that they already put a brought forward date on my spouse sowp file to treat it on july 6 next week.
Lets i forget i sent message to IRCC virtually almost every day and it got to a point in march that dey said i shud apply for my kids vv on the new portal so i quickly applied for my kids and spouse on march 25 2022 yet nothing. I kept on sending them mails and webform infact i sent mail to the minister of immigrations, countless times. On may 2nd my kids application attached to my wifes sowp was withdrawn on the old portal.
Finally, yesterday i think they withdraw my wifes application for VV and approved that of my kids and then sent her a medical request on her sowp portal becos her upfront medical was done june 22 2021 so it had expired i was even thinking it was july so i spoke to one of my bosses @akintommy and he was like to push it IRCC has reviewed it that was why dey requested for another. We have started to find how to get the medical done fast fast ooo so that i can send the passport together if possible.
Sincerely, i entered and came out of depression so many times but Thank God it ended in praises. Nah to start to live the canadian dream remain. Because Canada is like the back yard of heaven. Nigeria is like the backyard of hell. God will answer everyone on the waiting list with PPR.
#Greatful heart#
Cheers.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 11:39pm On Jul 16, 2022
rheene009:
Yeeeeeeeeeaahhhh. Congratulations. wow happy for you. I sincerely logged into nairaland because of you. So happy finally.

Thanks @rheene009. I really appreciate it. Now my kids have gotten their stamped passport back yet Letter of introduction and counterfoil hasnt dropped.
Wife has done medical it has not been updated yet. I really need prayers ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kainos22: 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2022
Can I flagpole my study permit extension? My program is for 2 years but I got a 1-year student visa and study permit because of the validity of my passport. I now have my renewed passport. Can I extend by flagpole or do I have to submit an online application?

Emmasonic4me:

It's not a big deal actually.

If you're a spouse of an International student (and eligible for SOWP) and you enter Canada on Visitor's Visa, you can go to the nearest border with all the necessary documents to justify your claim. Tell the border agent that you want to flagpole and they will direct you on what to do.

Literally speaking, it involves exiting Canada and entering again so they can issue you the open work permit instantly. Please note that it's legal too and not a case of cutting corners. Note that you will pay some little money for the permit at the border.

Check Google and watch some Youtube videos on that. I think someone here recently updated that s/he did it recently and it's still working.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teelady(f): 5:51pm On Jul 17, 2022
Hello, please anyone here ever experience this issue on there medical timelime, my medical is reading this�

"We are reviewing the results of your medical exam".

For the past few weeks now.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Emmasonic4me: 7:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
Kainos22:
Can I flagpole my study permit extension? My program is for 2 years but I got a 1-year student visa and study permit because of the validity of my passport. I now have my renewed passport. Can I extend by flagpole or do I have to submit an online application?

Your case of study permit renewal is different from changing a valid visitor's Visa to an open work permit. So, you will need to apply online from inside Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 10:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
teelady:
Hello, please anyone here ever experience this issue on there medical timelime, my medical is reading this�

"We are reviewing the results of your medical exam".

For the past few weeks now.
Yeah it happens like that sometimes
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kainos22: 3:51am On Jul 18, 2022
Thank you.

Emmasonic4me:

Your case of study permit renewal is different from changing a valid visitor's Visa to an open work permit. So, you will need to apply online from inside Canada.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ivygive: 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2022
I applied for SOWP since October last year and VV for my kids, subsequently, I applied for VV for my kids and I in dec but was denied while the kids VV was withdrawn from the SOWP application due to double VV application for them, I now applied for study visa for them using my SOWP GCKEY but they were denied again while the requested for updated documents for my SOWP IN June. We applied again in april and I got approved alone since last month while my kids application is still pending. I have mailed and sent webforms countless times to ask for their own visas please what do I do? My wife just gave birth and I have to be in Canada next month.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nyerhovwo5: 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2022
Please who prepares the deed of gift. I have seen some formats online. Do I need to engage a Lawyer to make it a legal document?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
Ivygive:
I applied for SOWP since October last year and VV for my kids, subsequently, I applied for VV for my kids and I in dec but was denied while the kids VV was withdrawn from the SOWP application due to double VV application for them, I now applied for study visa for them using my SOWP GCKEY but they were denied again while the requested for updated documents for my SOWP IN June. We applied again in april and I got approved alone since last month while my kids application is still pending. I have mailed and sent webforms countless times to ask for their own visas please what do I do? My wife just gave birth and I have to be in Canada next month.

Now from what you are saying ur kids have active VV now right? If that is correct you can write an emotional email to IRCC via their email handle and also via webform telling them the urgency. Also let your spouse contact her MP OR MLA to help call IRCC and hasten things up. Thats the only way ooo.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
Nyerhovwo5:
Please who prepares the deed of gift. I have seen some formats online. Do I need to engage a Lawyer to make it a legal document?

Yes you need a legal tone to make it genuie and legit. Even i will advice u also notorize it self

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2022
Its strange. Usually within 24 hours.
solosamste:
Please Guys,

What is the timeframe for getting the time/date to pay for biometrics after submission of Police character report to the embassy?
I submitted mine on Wednesday evening and up till now I am yet to hear from them.
Doe it involve a process or what , please help me out.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by CuteCandy90: 7:06pm On Jul 18, 2022
Good evening house

This is my first time asking a question here although I have been following the thread.

I got my study visa for Canada earlier this year and I will be arriving in fall. My fiancé and I are planning on doing a court marriage before I travel so he can join me after I get there.

However we keep hearing that we should make use of a Federal registry in Nigeria as this is the only one recognized by Canada immigration.
Our initial plan was to use a local government registry.

Please I would appreciate more information on this.

Can we go ahead with the local government registry or it’s compulsory to do it with a federal registry?

Thank you for your responses
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 8:04pm On Jul 18, 2022
CuteCandy90:
Good evening house

This is my first time asking a question here although I have been following the thread.

I got my study visa for Canada earlier this year and I will be arriving in fall. My fiancé and I are planning on doing a court marriage before I travel so he can join me after I get there.

However we keep hearing that we should make use of a Federal registry in Nigeria as this is the only one recognized by Canada immigration.

Can we go ahead with the local government registry or it’s compulsory to do it with a federal registry?

Bros i uses a registry in ibadan and my spouse just go medical request and my kids have their stanped passport as we speak. So just get a legal marriage cert with wedding pictures and engagement pictures that shud be fine

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Emmasonic4me: 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2022
CuteCandy90:
Good evening house

That's a fairy tale. So long as the marriage was conducted at the marriage registry and you have the marriage certificate issued, you're good to go. I remember I was also told Ikoyi registry is the only one that is valid. All na wash.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by CuteCandy90: 10:12pm On Jul 18, 2022
skull4eva:

Bros i uses a registry in ibadan and my spouse just go medical request and my kids have their stanped passport as we speak. So just get a legal marriage cert with wedding pictures and engagement pictures that shud be fine

Thank you for your response
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by CuteCandy90: 10:12pm On Jul 18, 2022
Emmasonic4me:

That's a fairy tale. So long as the marriage was conducted at the marriage registry and you have the marriage certificate issued, you're good to go. I remember I was also told Ikoyi registry is the only one that is valid. All na wash.

Okay thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by CuteCandy90: 11:01pm On Jul 18, 2022
Emmasonic4me:

Okay. Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Glory1568: 8:37am On Jul 19, 2022
Please has anyone experienced this kind of issue. I applied for spousal's open work permit but it's more than 24 hours but I've not received biometrics instruction letter. Please what do you advise i do?[/quote][/b]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Glory1568: 9:20am On Jul 19, 2022
[Please has anyone experienced this kind of issue. I applied for spousal's open work permit but it's more than 24 hours but I've not received biometrics instruction letter. Please what do you advise i do?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 9:28am On Jul 19, 2022
It will come. I had someone who is experienced it
Glory1568:
[Please has anyone experienced this kind of issue. I applied for spousal's open work permit but it's more than 24 hours but I've not received biometrics instruction letter. Please what do you advise i do?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kamsiroyce: 9:45am On Jul 19, 2022
Hello house.. Please has anybody ever experienced this issue? I need your inputs on this as Iam very confused.

Medical request was gotten on 15th of June 2022. Was given 30days within which to do it

Appointment/Medical examination done on 6th July, 2022

Qlife uploaded Medical results on 15th of July 2022

Same 15th July, Ircc stated on my profile , saying we have not received your medical exam results..

I have sent to IRCC the e-medical sent to me by Qlife, yet my medical profile
has not changed.

Please what should I do? Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2022
Kamsiroyce:
Hello house.. Please has anybody ever experienced this issue? I need your inputs on this as Iam very confused.

Medical request was gotten on 15th of June 2022. Was given 30days within which to do it

Appointment/Medical examination done on 6th July, 2022

Qlife uploaded Medical results on 15th of July 2022

Same 15th July, Ircc stated on my profile , saying we have not received your medical exam results..

I have sent to IRCC the e-medical sent to me by Qlife, yet my medical profile
has not changed.

Please what should I do? Thank you

Mail them and send them webform again and again. But qlife no try ooo. Nah the day whey the thing end they now sent the result.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2022
How long does it take IRCC to upload meidcal results after they have been notified by IOM/Q-Life?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobsyga(m): 6:52pm On Jul 19, 2022
Hi House,Goodevening all.
Please,it's Police character certificate a necessity for SOWP and also can i book for an upfront medical just after submission of application..Thanks in anticipation for your warm responses
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kamsiroyce: 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2022
Thanks . I have sent IRCC a webform and mails attaching the e-medical slip. I pray ircc updates my medical profile quickly. Honestly, Qlife screwed up big time! I have also mailed them expressing my displeasure.
skull4eva:

Mail them and send them webform again and again. But qlife no try ooo. Nah the day whey the thing end they now sent the result.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kamsiroyce: 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
According to Qlife, it takes between 5 and 10 days to upload your medical results. I am not sure about IOM.
jogojogo:
How long does it take IRCC to upload meidcal results after they have been notified by IOM/Q-Life?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2022
jogojogo:

Some 8days some 6 days some 30 days some two months no time frame. Just distirb them

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.