Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803558 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cheery161: 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2022
Bobsyga:
Hi House,Goodevening all.
Please,it's Police character certificate a necessity for SOWP and also can i book for an upfront medical just after submission of application..Thanks in anticipation for your warm responses

-It’s not necessary or compulsory to get the police cert. (talking for my self tho) since I got my PPR without it.
- yes you can, I booked my medicals few days before I submitted my SOWP application. Just make sure you upload the paper given to you after you return from the clinic.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 12:27am On Jul 20, 2022
Good day everyone
Please can someone kindly list out for me all the requirements for SOWP . If the husband is in Canada already on a work permit, can the application be made from within Canada too?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogazino: 7:53am On Jul 20, 2022
Please can you list all the required document you submitted for your SOWP Application pls.Thank you.
Cheery161:

-It’s not necessary or compulsory to get the police cert. (talking for my self tho) since I got my PPR without it.
- yes you can, I booked my medicals few days before I submitted my SOWP application. Just make sure you upload the paper given to you after you return from the clinic.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogazino: 8:04am On Jul 20, 2022
Hello Cherry161, Please I will appreciate if you can be of my assistant in providing the list of document you submitted.
rahmeekadigz:
Congratulations, same time I applied too...
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cheery161: 8:20am On Jul 20, 2022
jogazino:
Please can you list all the required document you submitted for your SOWP Application pls.Thank you.

My documents:-
- My CV
-NIN
- University Certificate
-WAEC
-Letter of Employment
-Confirmation of Appointment (From work)
-Letter of introduction from work (using the company Letter head)
-Staff Identity Card
-6 Month Pay slip
- Statement of Account for my pension account
-Lagos state Tax identity card
-My Bank Statement(6 month, I went to the bank and sent it to the embassy direct, you would be given a slip with your account name and ticket No, that is what you would upload as your bank statement)
-Parents Identity Cards
- Birth Certificate for my siblings and I
-Parents Marriage Certificate
-Valuation of property (My Dad)
-Sworn affidavits for Change of Name
-News Paper Publication
-All certification I have done all the years I worked
-Vaccine Card
- Picture of spouse & i

My spouse :-
- Letter of support
-spouse International Passport
-Work permit
-Identity Card from province and school
-Confirmation Slip from University that he is a full time student
- Exam Result as it comes out(Through Webform)

Goodluck��

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cheery161: 8:21am On Jul 20, 2022
jogazino:
Hello Cherry161, Please I will appreciate if you can be of my assistant in providing the list of document you submitted.

Done
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 8:45am On Jul 20, 2022
My father is great my people

After about 15months

It's PPR

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rahmeekadigz(f): 9:00am On Jul 20, 2022
Congratulations
Jonaholorun:

After about 15months

It's PPR

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SoteriaMo: 9:37am On Jul 20, 2022
God is good!!!!!!
congratulations!!!

Jonaholorun:

After about 15months

It's PPR

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 10:47am On Jul 20, 2022
Congratulations!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 10:50am On Jul 20, 2022
Chai!!!
Canada!!!
Congratulations!!!
Jonaholorun:

After about 15months

It's PPR

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iyin2017: 12:52pm On Jul 20, 2022
Congratulations!!! I am the next in line for a testimony
Jonaholorun:

After about 15months

It's PPR

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by omariam: 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2022
Jonaholorun:

After about 15months

It's PPR
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Doree: 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2022
Emmasonic4me:

You can do it at the land border and not at airport (since the airport is fully contained inside Canada soil). To flagpole, you will need to literally leave the soil of Canada and step into another country say US and return. Think of it as the origin of the term flagpoling. They will put exit stamp on your passport and you return back to be accepted. The officers will explain what you will do. Please do some research on this if you really want to do it.

Thank you so much
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 2:45pm On Jul 20, 2022
Jonaholorun:

After about 15months

It's PPR

Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pharmily(m): 2:46pm On Jul 20, 2022
Who knows more about this Zesty life insurance in Canada
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by glotalk: 3:10pm On Jul 20, 2022
CONGRATULATIONS!!! my PPR is this week. IJN

After about 15months

It's PPR

[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lizzygurl: 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hi, nairalanders.

Will writing about infertility issues and using documents to back it up be a good reason for a spouse's open work permit. We've been married for more than two years, but we don't have any children yet.

If that reason is a bad one, can you please advise on what to write in the letter of intent for why my spouse would like to join me? I have a 1 yr study permit.

Or better still, would visitor be a better option
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 3:57am On Jul 21, 2022
Henny52:
It's PPR my people���
My God is good and kind to me

Applied for visiting visa for my spouse 11th January 2022 and got refusal 9th of February.
I met @Makano on nairaland through a friend's recommendation and we applied for Sowp for spouse on March 13th 2022 and received ppr July 12th.
God is so good, I can't contain my joy.
Thank you Makano for taking my excesses because I'm sure I gave you a tough time. My husband is coming to Canada and it can only be God.

To those waiting yours is coming.
Congratulations
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 4:21am On Jul 21, 2022
Jonaholorun:

After about 15months

It's PPR

Congratulations bro
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 4:57am On Jul 21, 2022
Cheery161:

- My CV
-NIN
- University Certificate
-WAEC
-Letter of Employment
-Staff Identity Card
-6 Month Pay slip
-My Bank Statement(6 month, I went to the bank and sent it to the embassy direct, you would be given a slip with your account name and ticket No, that is what you would upload as your bank statement)
-Parents Identity Cards
-News Paper Publication
-Vaccine Card
- Picture of spouse & i

- Letter of support
-Work permit

Goodluck��

Is proof of fund still required for SOWP for the spouse of someone who is working already in canada (not a student) ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gaeul(f): 5:07am On Jul 21, 2022
Congratulations �
Jonaholorun:

After about 15months

It's PPR

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gaeul(f): 5:09am On Jul 21, 2022
Good morning House, please am confused with regards to proof of funds for dependants. Some will say $5000, some $4000, any link to confirm the exact amount as I want to use it for my LOE, thanks

Saw the attached on their website but always seeing $5000 on Nairaland. Don't know if there is an updated amount. Please someone should clarify, thanks

Please who has link to the exact cad to naira exchange rate used by immigration, should share please.

Thanks

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogazino: 8:35am On Jul 21, 2022
Thank you so much.Please did I need to write and an SOP Letter?
Cheery161:

- My CV
-NIN
- University Certificate
-WAEC
-Letter of Employment
-Staff Identity Card
-6 Month Pay slip
-Parents Identity Cards
-News Paper Publication
-Vaccine Card
- Picture of spouse & i

- Letter of support
-Work permit

Goodluck��
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 10:07am On Jul 21, 2022
Thank you so much

rahmeekadigz:
Congratulations
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 10:08am On Jul 21, 2022
Thank you. Surely your testimony is here

Iyin2017:
Congratulations!!! I am the next in line for a testimony
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 10:09am On Jul 21, 2022
Thank you

omariam:

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 10:10am On Jul 21, 2022
I appreciate you sir.

skull4eva:

Congrats bro
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 10:11am On Jul 21, 2022
glotalk:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! my PPR is this week. IJN

After about 15months

It's PPR

Amen to your prayers. Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 10:12am On Jul 21, 2022
I deeply appreciate you

purespikes:

Congratulations bro
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 10:15am On Jul 21, 2022
Thanks

gaeul:
Congratulations �
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2022
Emilokan!!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.