Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,030 members, 7,818,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803719 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aestake: 11:52pm On Dec 09, 2022
0905babatee:
i have the correct LMIA, i made a mistake with the last digit when filling my lmia number during application
ok.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aestake: 11:56pm On Dec 09, 2022
Newww1:

May be you dont get what he is trying to tell you
In the first place You as the employee cannot apply for LMIA
So in this case i want to assume it is your employer that applied and made the mistake so have your employer address the mistake directly with IRCC.

Except of cos there is a process that enables employee apply one can never be sure all of IRCC process
Potential foreign employees never participate in the LMIA processing. It is always between the prospective workplaces and Employment and Social Development Canada, ESDC. The idea of LMIA is for government to make sure Canadians and permanent residents do not get past over on jobs. It is a tedious job with conditions with timelines that employers don't see appealing unless only the foreigner can do the important job as no CC and/or CPR can or willing to do. After the company gets that LMIA approval, you can then apply for the closed work visa. Of course company will get you the info and documents.

However, people come here and say they applied for LMIA... shocked
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 0905babatee(m): 5:13am On Dec 10, 2022
you are right…. My company applied for my lmia.
I meant when using the lmia to apply for my work permit, i did a mistake when inputting the lmia number in an ircc form.
aestake:

Potential foreign employees never participate in the LMIA processing. It is always between the prospective workplaces and Employment and Social Development Canada, ESDC. The idea of LMIA is for government to make sure Canadians and permanent residents do not get past over on jobs. It is a tedious job with conditions with timelines that employers don't see appealing unless only the foreigner can do the important job as no CC and/or CPR can or willing to do. After the company gets that LMIA approval, you can then apply for the closed work visa. Of course company will get you the info and documents.

However, people come here and say they applied for LMIA... shocked
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2022
[quote author=0905babatee post=119040226]you are right…. My company applied for my lmia.
I meant when using the lmia to apply for my work permit, i did a mistake when inputting the lmia number in an ircc form.
[/quot

I understand what you are saying, first of all send a webform about the mistake
The reply u receive will guide what your decision will be.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 5:45am On Dec 11, 2022
Favourme84:
Good Afternoon my people, My student visa application got approved recently together with my 2 years old boy. But im so confused right now as to whether to go with him or leave him behind, because I was told that I would not be able to work and as well the day care fee in Toronto is extremely expensive. I also have two other children 9 and 6 which we plan their application when I enter Canada together with my hubby

Please, I would needs your sincere advise as to whether to go with my two years boy or leave him behind for now.

I will strongly advise that you live him behind. Indeed, you will not be able to work if he goes with you except you camln afford the huge cost of daycare. I am speaking from experience.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Peterclever2020: 11:06am On Dec 11, 2022
Good day everyone, please what is the processing period of work permit from Nigeria? My cousin been waiting for 12 months for final decision. Please share your opinion
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Vecas: 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2022
Good day everyone .pls do I need consent letter from my husband to travel with my kids via Egyptair . I'm travelling alone with 3kid.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by okay4sure: 2:55pm On Dec 11, 2022
Good morning all the gurus in the house, I just want to know if maybe my spouse has to travel with a letter of introduction. how can we get one with a visitor visa? thanx
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 4:50am On Dec 12, 2022
@Vecas,

If you're travelling with the kids to unite with your husband, no consent letter needed.

Enjoy your trip.

Vecas:
Good day everyone .pls do I need consent letter from my husband to travel with my kids via Egyptair . I'm travelling alone with 3kid.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 5:00am On Dec 12, 2022
@mrlycan,

You can still apply in January with the current passport. After submitting the application, immediately apply for a new passport. Whenever you receive the new passport, notify IRCC of the new passport through webform.

They will process your SOWP, using the details of the new passport. This was what my wife did when applying for her study visa and everything went fine.

Cheers.

mrlycan:
Please house I need your advice. I will be applying for SOWP once my wife leaves in January but the problem is that my international passport will expire in 5 months. Due to the delay in passports, please what can I do with the time left on my passport. Can i still use it to get into Canada?

Please help me out.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SLOVFO(m): 5:08am On Dec 12, 2022
Hello house, I want to know from those that made recent Visa applications if marriages conducted by LGA marriage registries are valid for Visa applications? I am getting conflicting information on the validity of marriages conducted at the Federal marriage registry and LGs' marriage registry. By the way, I had my marriage in an L.G.A. licensed place of worship in 2020. That is, the LG certified the marriage.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gaeul(f): 5:15am On Dec 12, 2022
I know it’s hard but with kids hmmm… To get daycare slot is another battle. I will not make a decision for you but do know that you can not work and the baby will be your handbag, even your school work go hear am… whatever decision you take, just know you are a good mum and whatever you are doing is what’s best for your kids….

Favourme84:
Good Afternoon my people, My student visa application got approved recently together with my 2 years old boy. But im so confused right now as to whether to go with him or leave him behind, because I was told that I would not be able to work and as well the day care fee in Toronto is extremely expensive. I also have two other children 9 and 6 which we plan their application when I enter Canada together with my hubby

Please, I would needs your sincere advise as to whether to go with my two years boy or leave him behind for now.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gaeul(f): 5:18am On Dec 12, 2022
As at when you did it it’s what was generally acceptable, so even if the law have changed or not, your certificate is not affected in any way.. it’s legal and binding but to put your mind at ease, get more opinions from others

SLOVFO:
Hello house, I want to know from those that made recent Visa applications if marriages conducted by LGA marriage registries are valid for Visa applications? I am getting conflicting information on the validity of marriages conducted at the Federal marriage registry and LGs' marriage registry. By the way, I had my marriage in an L.G.A. licensed place of worship in 2020. That is, the LG certified the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DrAFOguns: 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2022
It is valid.
SLOVFO:

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Candyomi: 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2022
Good evening everyone. I submitted sowp application for myself and sp/vv for my 2 kids respectively on the 12th of September this year. Our application showed medical passed since dec 1st and eligibility and background checks under review. Now I want to ask if I should mail IRCC to ask for update on our applications or I should be patient? The wait is killing.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by noeloge82(m): 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
Candyomi:
Good evening everyone. I submitted sowp application for myself and sp/vv for my 2 kids respectively on the 12th of September this year. Our application showed medical passed since dec 1st and eligibility and background checks under review. Now I want to ask if I should mail IRCC to ask for update on our applications or I should be patient? The wait is killing.

Pls be patience you have endured to this period just relax it will end in praise
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aestake: 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2022
noeloge82:

Pls be patience patient you have endured to this period just relax it will end in praise
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oshinrizle: 7:05pm On Dec 12, 2022
SOWP for a Spouse and three teenage children.

Student arrive Canada for a two year diploma earlier this year.

Application was submitted Oct 2 , 2022
Upfront medical.
Pass biometric Oct 11, 2022
Submitted Web form with Medical sheet Dec 5, 2022
Passed medical Dec 7, 2022
Apparently we forgot to upload bank statement.
IRCC requested for bank statement Dec 7, 2022.
We decided to get new bank statements., uploaded it today Dec 12, 2022

Got PPR today Dec 12, 2022, 10 mins after uploading the bank statement.

Funds:

Naira account: 8mil
Euro account: 8,000 Euro
Pounds account: 6,000 GBP
Canadian Account: 14,000 CAD

I still cannot understand how we forgot to upload the statement initially.

So thankful our mistake did not cost us the Visa.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by omariam: 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
oshinrizle:

Upfront medical.

Got PPR today Dec 12, 2022, 10 mins after uploading the bank
Congratulations!!

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Candyomi: 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2022
Thank you very much. I'll wait just as you have advised.
noeloge82:

Pls be patience you have endured to this period just relax it will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 5:58am On Dec 13, 2022
oshinrizle:

Upfront medical.

Got PPR today Dec 12, 2022, 10 mins after uploading the bank
Congratulations. I am next to testify in Jesus name

5 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by chithec(f): 9:28am On Dec 13, 2022
omariam:

Congratulations!!
Nothing can really stop what’s yours
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sweetness24: 11:59am On Dec 13, 2022
Good day all,
It almost 3month now since i applied for my newborn's visa and haven't gotten decision,i submitted upfront medical but stil got request for medicals on the 30th if Nov,which i immediately resent,medicals passed since December 6 and up till no message from them.
NB-my wife and first child have their visa already but cant travel without the newborn's visa,if you have ever been in my shoes pls suggest anything i can do
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2022
Sweetness24:
Good day all,
It almost 3month now since i applied for my newborn's visa and haven't gotten decision,i submitted upfront medical but stil got request for medicals on the 30th if Nov,which i immediately resent,medicals passed since December 6 and up till no message from them.
NB-my wife and first child have their visa already but cant travel without the newborn's visa,if you have ever been in my shoes pls suggest anything i can do

You have to relax, you will get the visa soon since you got medical request. It should take less than two weeks from now.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pufframmy: 3:23pm On Dec 13, 2022
God is Good to u congratulations

oshinrizle:

Upfront medical.

Funds:

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ferryan: 5:25pm On Dec 13, 2022
Pls how many month statement of acct. do i need for POF for study Visa? Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ferryan: 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2022
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ferryan: 5:37pm On Dec 13, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oshinrizle: 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2022
3 - 4 months is ok, depending on the amount you have there.

Ferryan:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Chisolove3: 2:50pm On Dec 14, 2022
Congratulations....so fast....please were you sending mails to expedite the application or you just allowed IRCC to follow their timeline....biko what did you do differently abeg. The wait is killing...

quote author=oshinrizle post=119106974]SOWP for a Spouse and three teenage children.

Upfront medical.

Funds:

So thankful our mistake did not cost us the Visa.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Flakkyrose: 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hello everyone, I am new here and so confused right now.

Read some post already but haven't gotten the answer. So we were asked to submit passport. Afterward,we got a text to pay for passport transmission.

The question is:

1) Is transmission fee per person for family of 4 or per package.
2) I applied as a student, but I haven't gotten my study permit before the passport request, what am I supposed to do?
3) Do I need to apply for spousal work permit differently?

4) Lastly, I learnt some documents has to be enclosed with the passport sent from DHL but I sent only passport, what's the way forward?

Biko, help a sister before my head burst.

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.