Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (804554 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ade279(f): 9:53pm On May 10, 2023
Sorry, I don't really understand your second paragraph...are you implying that he can go ahead and apply for his SOWP in the UK, and then when he gets to Canada he should contact them and tell them that he needs his to renew his passport urgently to renew his status?

Damysa:
Well I will advise he renew it in the UK. Renewing passport in canada is not for the faint hearted. I am in the process of renewing mine here in Canada, the earliest available date is August. Am even thinking of gate crashing there soon, cos I need to apply for my PGWP and my passport is expiring soon.

He should tell them he needs to use it to regularize his status and that it is urgent. call /send them a mail.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Goldentony2nice: 10:43pm On May 10, 2023
Sure you can!

Ammykorr:
Thanks a lot for your help. Can I please email you?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Damysa(f): 12:55am On May 11, 2023
He should approach the Nigerian High Commission in UK and tell why he needs to capture urgently so that he doesnt have to wait tiil July. That way, he can get his new passport and apply for SOWP, except your study permit is expiring before the validity of his passport

ade279:
Sorry, I don't really understand your second paragraph...are you implying that he can go ahead and apply for his SOWP in the UK, and then when he gets to Canada he should contact them and tell them that he needs his to renew his passport urgently to renew his status?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ade279(f): 1:37am On May 11, 2023
Okay...Thank you.
God bless you

Damysa:
He should approach the Nigerian High Commission in UK and tell why he needs to capture urgently so that he doesnt have to wait tiil July. That way, he can get his new passport and apply for SOWP, except your study permit is expiring before the validity of his passport

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hommiekr(m): 4:23pm On May 11, 2023
Omenogoruche:
I called IRCC today and I was told my background check, biometric, medical have been completed and passed. But I'm surprised eligibility has not started. What could be the reason?
PPR may drop soon. sometimes eligibility won't show until ppr drops.
Congratulations in advance.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sayo007: 5:09pm On May 11, 2023
Please I need help I submitted sowp application for my husband and biometric was requested which was done immediately it’s over one month now still saying we have not receive your finger print .please has anyone experienced this before ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hayor2015: 5:57pm On May 11, 2023
Please reach out, prompt and quality service guaranteed

1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Omenogoruche: 6:01pm On May 11, 2023
Ennamdee:

+18002676788 call using viber
Please, kindly share the IRCC number you called.

Thank you.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HazeeyzaH(f): 9:21pm On May 11, 2023
Alhamdulilah !!!! PPR ALERT FOR SOWP(Husband)

Below is our timeline:

Submitted: 25th of February
Biometrics: March 2nd
Upfront Medicals: March 9th
Medicals Updated on the portal: April 25th
Sent Webform and emails: April 15th
MP enquiry: 1st of May
Eligibility review started: May 5th
Correspondence Letter: May 11th
Original Passport Request: May 11th

11 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Princessmay11: 9:20am On May 12, 2023
Alhamdulilah congratulations to you and your family
HazeeyzaH:
Alhamdulilah !!!! PPR ALERT FOR SOWP(Husband)

Below is our timeline:

Submitted: 25th of February
Biometrics: March 2nd
Upfront Medicals: March 9th
Medicals Updated on the portal: April 25th
Sent Webform and emails: April 15th
MP enquiry: 1st of May
Eligibility review started: May 5th
Correspondence Letter: May 11th
Original Passport Request: May 11th

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mizz2posh: 3:09pm On May 12, 2023
Hello gurus, please for study permit for the children, the name of children school, what do we put there? since we don't know the school for now, your reply will be highly appreciated, thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Tolufijeh: 4:43pm On May 12, 2023
Hello everyone, please i am in Canada already as an international student and my husband applied for a spousal open work permit for himself and visiting visa for 2 kids an 8-month-old and a 3-year-old kid, to the glory of God my husband's application has been approved but my kids were requested to do medicals, we have however booked for the medicals for next week. My question is should my husband still wait for the kids' final decision to submit his passport with the kids' passport considering the fact that he has 30 days to submit it, please we are confused here, more PPR for everyone expecting it
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gold90: 4:43pm On May 12, 2023
PPR ALERT
Praise God for His faithfulness
I applied for SOWP self sponsored for myself and my two kids Got our PPR on Monday 8th May.

Here is our timeline:

Submitted: 24th of February
Biometrics: 3rd of March
Upfront Medicals: 21st of February
Medicals Updated on the portal: 21st of April
Sent Webform and emails for our Medicals to be updated: 21st of April
Eligibility review started: 5th of May
Correspondence Letter: 8th of May
Original Passport Request: 8th of May

I just want to use this to encourage everyone that might still be expecting their PPR. It will definitely Land this month In Jesus Mighty Name, just believe and keep professing and declaring what you want to see.

Here is my observation about my process and a lesson for first time applicants like myself.

When the PPR Landed IRCC only sent for me and my second son who is 2years, they didn't send message to my 5year old son.
We had applied visitors visa for both of them,
We didn't know at the time of submission that we were meant to apply for study permit for my 5year old son. Thank God for this great platform and for the wonderful and selfless nairalanders who have always come to the rescue of thousands of people..

To the GURUS pls come to our rescue
Does this mean that I have to put in for a fresh application for him?

Is there a way I can expedite his process?

Do we need to provide proof of funds for him?

What are all the documents I need to submit for his study permit?

Do I need to get admission for him?

Pls I need to swing into action asap as time is of essence..

God bless everyone who will help and answer all yours secret prayers..

@Makano, @Skull4eva, @lizzygurl, @estake, @survivex, @DrAFOguns, @jimogh111, @Shommyface, @SweetJJ, @drokiri, @HEAVYWORLD, @hommiekrs, @et al,

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hommiekr(m): 5:44pm On May 12, 2023
Tolufijeh:
Hello everyone, please i am in Canada already as an international student and my husband applied for a spousal open work permit for himself and visiting visa for 2 kids an 8-month-old and a 3-year-old kid, to the glory of God my husband's application has been approved but my kids were requested to do medicals, we have however booked for the medicals for next week. My question is should my husband still wait for the kids' final decision to submit his passport with the kids' passport considering the fact that he has 30 days to submit it, please we are confused here, more PPR for everyone expecting it

He can submit his passport for stamping while trying to sort out the children's medicals.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Zino89: 6:00pm On May 12, 2023
Please my husband wants to apply for work permit how do I go about it please put me through
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 9:37pm On May 12, 2023
Thanks, survivex

Always appreciate it when you respond. one love

survivex:
I have not seen any group for PGWP. There should be something for EE on Nairaland, just do a quick search.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 9:47pm On May 12, 2023
I will strongly encourage you to read the trend for wealth of knowledge here is good enough to get you your PPR.Though, many people do not like reading old post.

@ Zino89, start from the first page and read or scan through all that have been shared here. You will return and thank me much later.

Good Luck!

Zino89:
Please my husband wants to apply for work permit how do I go about it please put me through
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Zino89: 10:07pm On May 12, 2023
OkukuOne:
I will strongly encourage you to read the trend for wealth of knowledge here is good enough to get you your PPR.Though, many people do not like reading old post.

@ Zino89, start from the first page and read or scan through all that have been shared here. You will return and thank me much later.

Good Luck!

Alright..thanks

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 10:17pm On May 12, 2023
Did your family purchase any Health Insurance before their arrival??

Dear all, if you have welcomed your family or know someone who has welcomed their family, can you advice as well. Is it necessary to buy Health Insurance for your family coming to Canada or wait for them to arrive before they buy one if needed?

If it's compulsory, then kindly guide me here.

Thanks, in anticipation

kennyjoy:
I welcome my family to Canada on Sunday. The procedure is seamless. At the CBSA, they requested my means of identification from my wife and inquired how long I had been here. To everyone waiting to unite with their family, I wish you all good news soonest. We shall reap the good fruits of this Canada in Jesus' name.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Tolufijeh: 11:29pm On May 12, 2023
hommiekr:

He can submit his passport for stamping while trying to sort out the children's medicals.
Okay thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marpol: 9:50am On May 13, 2023
mizz2posh:
Hello gurus, please for study permit for the children, the name of children school, what do we put there? since we don't know the school for now, your reply will be highly appreciated, thanks

It's open study permit, you don't need a school.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marpol: 9:51am On May 13, 2023
Tolufijeh:

Let him submit his passport.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by doreesy4k(f): 2:35pm On May 13, 2023
[quote author=HazeeyzaH post=123081005]Alhamdulilah !!!! PPR ALERT FOR SOWP

Congratulations on your spouse PPR, please what did you mean by MP enquiries? Can you elaborate on it please? Did you call your MP?. Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sussyyyyy: 11:36pm On May 13, 2023
Hello All,

I’m glad to be here.
I need clarifications on upfront medicals please. Am I to get my medical report before processing my visa. Or how exactly is it done please?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HazeeyzaH(f): 11:14am On May 14, 2023
[quote author=doreesy4k post=123111933][/quote]

Hi, I emailed the MP to help me check for update on his application. There is an MP incharge of the area you are living in canada. You can check google for their emails and send them a request to help you check your application with IRCC.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sainaF: 11:33am On May 14, 2023
Hello all, Thank you for all you do here. My husband will be done with his school in canada by August and then he will apply for PGWP. So should we apply for SOWP now or wait till he gets the PGWP.

Seeing as the whole process takes atleast 5 months.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by survivex: 12:12pm On May 14, 2023
I will say wait for your husband to finish and get his PGWP, then you can apply for SOWP.
Your husband study will will expire 3 months after his study completion date, and the SOWP is always tired to the principal's expiration date.
So wait, and get maximum stay after he gets his PGWP.

My opinion, others could have better information.

sainaF:
Hello all, Thank you for all you do here. My husband will be done with his school in canada by August and then he will apply for PGWP. So should we apply for SOWP now or wait till he gets the PGWP.

Seeing as the whole process takes atleast 5 months.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 1:50pm On May 14, 2023
You can do your medicals before you apply or after. People do upfront medicals to avoid delays. So, it's your choice. Another reason is that many a times, I assume we are working class and do not live in Lagos/Abuja that we must travel to for the medicals. So, we tends to use our convinient time to attend medicals even befoe we are asked.

Good luck!

Sussyyyyy:
Hello All,

I’m glad to be here.
I need clarifications on upfront medicals please. Am I to get my medical report before processing my visa. Or how exactly is it done please?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pristinee: 6:45pm On May 14, 2023
survivex:
I will say wait for your husband to finish and get his PGWP, then you can apply for SOWP.
Your husband study will will expire 3 months after his study completion date, and the SOWP is always tired to the principal's expiration date.

I think it's best this person apply now. claiming he/she needs to attend d spouse graduation is a good reason for sowp application, stating how important it is for the family. This has nothing to do with pgwp expiration, anytime pgwp is renewed, the expired sowp can be renewed too.

my opinion.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 11:21pm On May 14, 2023
I think it's better she applies now. Reason being that graduation is by the way side.

survivex:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by zeb04(f): 11:09am On May 15, 2023
Today makes it one month since I apply for my Close work permit visa. The only completed is biometrics. Background verification has been ongoing for 1 month now. On May 9 2023, it says my tracker has been updated but no noticeable change.

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.