Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803215 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teamb: 10:41pm On May 23, 2023
Ppr is here .
I applied for visitor visa for myself and my daughter since January no update, then i reapply for sowp in March 30 and last week I received a medical request for my daughter I uploaded our upfront medical and this night I received this message few hours ago.
Thanks to everyone here and I pray for goodnews to the rest of us here .

My daughter medical is still showing progress on tracker . Do you advise I send ircc another webform ?

6 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MumDofontario: 1:32am On May 24, 2023
Thank you sir
OkukuOne:
Your new passport is also referenced in your new passport. No need to fear. it's fine and still valid.

Good luck!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 8:29am On May 24, 2023
Give a day or two before sending a web form.

Congrats, and best wishes!

teamb:
Ppr is here .
I applied for visitor visa for myself and my daughter since January no update, then i reapply for sowp in March 30 and last week I received a medical request for my daughter I uploaded our upfront medical and this night I received this message few hours ago.

My daughter medical is still showing progress on tracker . Do you advise I send ircc another webform ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by zeb04(f): 9:36am On May 24, 2023
teamb:
Ppr is here .

congrats
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dignityqueen: 3:53pm On May 24, 2023
Good day all. Please my husband is to travel September for study and we are contemplating to apply for my SOWP with his study permit but I'm currently 7 months gone and don't know if it will be granted.

Should we go ahead and apply together now or he should go first then I apply when I've given birth, maybe when my baby is old enough to fly??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:13pm On May 24, 2023
pristinee:

I think it's best this person apply now. claiming he/she needs to attend d spouse graduation is a good reason for sowp application, stating how important it is for the family. This has nothing to do with pgwp expiration, anytime pgwp is renewed, the expired sowp can be renewed too.

my opinion.
Boss please tutor me on fx
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Didenwe: 1:32am On May 25, 2023
No it is not.

dupsydooo:
Hello Nairalanders

Please I have a quick question.
With the latest updates on the ircc, is it compulsory a pgwp have a job before applying for the spouse's open work permit even if they want to FLAGPOLE?

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Truth106: 10:22am On May 25, 2023
Princessmay11:
Hello Gurus in the house, I applied for SOWP with visitor’s visa for my 11 months old baby March 12th, did Biometrics March 20th. My husband traveled May 2nd, my eligibility started May 5th, and till now May 17th I haven’t gotten any response. Would it be okay to send webform pleading my application should be expedited ? I checked the application tracker and my application was last updated May 8th.

Have you gotten any update? My husbands own too is pending since 5th while on tracker there was an update on the 17th, yet no information
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Princessmay11: 11:57am On May 25, 2023
Nothing yet
Truth106:

Have you gotten any update? My husbands own too is pending since 5th while on tracker there was an update on the 17th, yet no information
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by maeyhur: 5:15pm On May 25, 2023
Princessmay11:
Nothing yet

Hi, read your message on IRCC reviewing your eligibility since 5th. We are both on the same boat. Applied since 15th March (SOWP) for myself and VV (2kids), and they started reviewing on the 5th of May…. Still no update from them. My spouse has been in Canada since 21st April.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Larryjam: 5:15pm On May 25, 2023
Eligibility has started for spouse but hasn’t started for the main applicant. Is this a mistake please? Both background checks are in process thoUgh
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MumDofontario: 12:29am On May 26, 2023
Hello Nairalanders. My children bear their father's first name as their surname, I'm at the point of applying for visa for my self and the kids. Do we need to point this out somewhere in our application or the officer will know?

Note: I and their father bear the family surname.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by taretoofine(m): 6:30am On May 26, 2023
Please my wife will be rounding her studies in Nigeria by August2023
But to apply for sowp I would need her payslips and bank statements, but she's still a student in Nigeria
Please how doing go about this
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teamb: 9:17am On May 26, 2023
taretoofine:
Please my wife will be rounding her studies in Nigeria by August2023
But to apply for sowp I would need her payslips and bank statements, but she's still a student in Nigeria
Please how doing go about this

nigeria or canada payslips and bank statements
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by taretoofine(m): 10:13am On May 26, 2023
teamb:

nigeria or canada payslips and bank statements
have work payslips and bank statements already for me

But she's still in her undergraduates in Nigeria,no job yet or payslip yet.

But the agent says it's part of the requirements

Anyone should please help
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ARRIVA: 1:06pm On May 26, 2023
Hello,

please, can someone tell me the forms i need to fill and submit for SWOP?

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by drokiri(m): 5:00pm On May 26, 2023
Use this tool. answer the questions truthfully. then you will get the list of the required documents/forms.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

ARRIVA:
Hello,

please, can someone tell me the forms i need to fill and submit for SWOP?

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teamb: 6:57pm On May 26, 2023
taretoofine:

I don't think that's necessary
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hayqinsbFX: 9:23pm On May 26, 2023
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 10:25pm On May 26, 2023
It's not necessary. The birth certificates of your children will show that you are the parents.

MumDofontario:
Hello Nairalanders. My children bear their father's first name as their surname, I'm at the point of applying for visa for my self and the kids. Do we need to point this out somewhere in our application or the officer will know?

Note: I and their father bear the family surname.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 8:03am On May 27, 2023
taretoofine:

Una with agent sef. Anyway, Just use your own payslips and bank statements
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teamb: 11:42am On May 27, 2023
Sup, everyone. I received my passport request last week, but my daughter request has not been sent yet .
I believe the application is been processed separately as she's on a visitors permit .

My question now is Can I submit my passport alone to vfs while waiting for her own ppr? Or we have to submit together .
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hommiekr(m): 3:40pm On May 27, 2023
[quote author=teamb post=123398049]Sup, everyone. I received my passport request last week, but my daughter request has not been sent yet .
I believe the application is been processed separately as she's on a visitors permit .

My question now is Can I submit my passport alone to vfs while waiting for her own ppr? Or we have to submit together .

Yes you can submit yours alone, because you have 30 days to do that.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Queenfunlola(f): 6:09pm On May 27, 2023
Please Fam, can someone provide the link to book medical appointment in IOM Lagos
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TOPAI7(m): 8:33pm On May 27, 2023
Congratulations.
This is an impressive, highly convincing and irresistible profile.

buzzme:
PPR Alert for SOWP.

I type this with sim much joy and pleasure as my wife’s SOWP was just approved. We got married sometime last year and I also graduated from a DLI last year but because I did flagpole at the American boarder, and didn’t have a recognized NOC (TEER) job, we couldn’t apply as we knew it would be straight rejection.

Not until after Canada announced that anyone could apply after February 1st as long as you have an eligible PGWP. We decided to wait till then, and filled in the application late February. After several weeks and months and sending personal emails and webforms, Canada decided to give us our love yesterday yesterday.

For those interested in applying with their spouse, be it married for a longtime or just got married, please and please, put in that application. You would be surprised at the outcome.

PS: We also contacted the MP in Burnaby, New Westminster and Central Vancouver to expedite our process and we only got feedback from one of them. Although, we feel that also impacted our timeline.

Below is our timeline:

Submitted: 26th of February
Biometrics: 27th of February
Upfront Medicals: 14th of February
Updated on the portal: 29th of February
Sent first Webform and emails: 9th of April
Second Webform and emails: 30th of April
Reply from Nairobi: 1st of May
Eligibility review started: 3rd of May
1st Ghost Update: 3rd of May
2nd Ghost Update: 4th of May

Correspondence Letter: 5th of May
Original Passport Request: 5th of May

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED.

* All IMM Forms
* My wife’s international passport
* Passport photo

Client Information.
* My wife’s affidavit of return
* Letter of Application (5 pages)
* My wife’s resume
* Her certificate of origin
* Her NIN certificate
* Letter of reference from previous employer
* Her fathers Deed of Assignment
* Her siblings birth certificate
* Screenshot of my business on Instagram and Twitter and what she sells (Bedding Linens)
* Her academic transcripts and certifications
* WAEC results
* Her NYSC certificate
* Her primary school leaving certificate
* Certificates from online courses (care jobs, digital marketing, and Google Analytics)
* Pictures of her volunteering activities and with her colleagues
* Spouse International Passport,
* My British Columbia ID card.
* My SIN
* MY student visa and study permit
* My passport photo
* My employment letter
* My work permit
* My birth certificate
* Completion letter from my DLIInstitution
* My American Visa
* My Tax certificates for 2022
* My land documents.
* My sworn affidavit of bachelorhood.

Proof of Relationship.
* An invitation letter form spouse (3 pages)
* Marriage certificate
* Wedding invitation card
* My wife’s affidavit of change of name
* Newspaper change of name
* Collage of Wedding picture with friends and family (we did the court wedding at Lagos)
* Pictures of our cohabitation from 2017-2019 when we got separated.
* Screenshot of our previous chat (six months ago)
* Affidavit of spinsterhood
* Affidavit of non impediment
* Affidavit of sponsorship from myself.
* Life Insurance for my wife through my current workplace (Apple Technologies)

Proof of Funds.
* Father In-laws letter of sponsorship
* Affidavit of sponsorship from her father InLaw.
* His international passport
* His savings and current back accounts
* His Land survey plans
* His Memorandum and Articles of Association and Certificate of Incorporation for two of his companies in Delta State.
* His retirement letter from NNPC
* His pension fund ID card
* My affidavit of sponsor
* My employment verification letter
* My six months payslips
* my Canadian bank account (with less than $2,000 CAD)
* My business CAC in Nigeria (a legal and consulting firm)
* My international passport
* My law degree certificates
* My certifications from Ireland, UK and Canada.
* Reference letters from my previous employers
* My BC Vaccine Card
* My student ID card
* My wife’s GTB account statement with (N1.5m)
* Pictures of my wife with my Parents
* Pictures of us and our parents dancing in the sitting room and drinking champagne.
* Picture of our parents blessing our union and wishing us well.

We want to use this opportunity to wish everyone looking to apply for the SOWP the best and it shall surely end in praise.

Please, who knows where I can buy an affordable ticket for this beautiful woman to come and join me here. Thank you everyone, thank you Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 9:12pm On May 27, 2023
See below as requested:

https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome

Good luck!

Queenfunlola:
Please Fam, can someone provide the link to book medical appointment in IOM Lagos

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Queenfunlola(f): 9:12pm On May 27, 2023
Please help me with this question: if I apply for my study permit using my husband and kids as home ties and I get the permit, can I apply for my husband and kids before traveling to Canada so we can go together??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 9:18pm On May 27, 2023
The option is yours. I will advise you to send mails and web forms to get your daughter's application completed soon.

I will also, strongly advise you to wait for your daughter's own to come out before sending yours. This will allow you to pay ONLY one speedpost fee. Though, you will also need to pay for the transmission fee for both of you seperately.

Good luck!

teamb:
Sup, everyone. I received my passport request last week, but my daughter request has not been sent yet .

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pash25: 10:32pm On May 27, 2023
Hi all,
Please i need your help.
My spouse applied for SOWP Oct 29th 2022 and biometrics was done and uploaded November 4th 2022. He got refused March 6th 2023 with the following reasons: (please check image) i didnt upload my enrollment student letter or bank statements(my big mistake)
We decided to wait as my study permit expires July 31 2023 and i applied for extension since Jan 6th 2023.(in hopes i received an extension early as i know the SOWP is dependant on my study permit)
However we are thinking of reapplying again before july 31st for another SOWP or a visitor visa
My mum will also be a sponsor to show POF

We are hoping to apply with my current study permit and the letter i received stating that my study permit extension is still in process. My visitor visa is not expiring till December 2024

Please can you advise as i may be on implied status soon.

Please what can i do

1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ananne: 4:20pm On May 28, 2023
Good evening all.

Please I there a thread for those applying for jobs in Canada to get a work visa. If there is, can someone share the link.

I have over five years experience in a security related job.

I have also been volunteering in a restaurant.

My wife has over 5 tears experience in sales and customer service

Will it be easy for any of us to get a job from here.

What jobs are in demand.

What are the chances of getting jobs in agriculture?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by zubizareta(m): 7:16pm On May 28, 2023
Pash25:
Hi all,
Please i need your help.
My spouse applied for SOWP Oct 29th 2022 and biometrics was done and uploaded November 4th 2022. He got refused March 6th 2023 with the following reasons: (please check image) i didnt upload my enrollment student letter or bank statements(my big mistake)
We decided to wait as my study permit expires July 31 2023 and i applied for extension since Jan 6th 2023.(in hopes i received an extension early as i know the SOWP is dependant on my study permit)
However we are thinking of reapplying again before july 31st for another SOWP or a visitor visa
My mum will also be a sponsor to show POF

We are hoping to apply with my current study permit and the letter i received stating that my study permit extension is still in process. My visitor visa is not expiring till December 2024

Please can you advise as i may be on implied status soon.

Can someone pls explain what they mean by "you do not qualify under the IMP as your spouse is not enrolled In a qualifying program at a DLI in canada?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by zubizareta(m): 7:23pm On May 28, 2023
Good evening all. If I am studying in a dli not eligible for pgwp( I intend to change dli to one eligible for pgwp or finish my current program and enter another program eligible for pgwp), when is the best time to apply for SOWP for my spouse and kids??

Can I apply for them now even with my current school(dli not eligible for pgwp)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.