Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,013 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803155 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shizcool: 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
jobmman:
... But why is there no single update, is it dat they ve abandoned our apps? Nawa ooo

lost of workers here came tru www.jobscotham.com
that's the medium I used to be here in Switzerland too
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cascas: 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2017
Shizcool:

Shizcool:

Please how do I go about it, is there any office here in Nigeria?, will like to start right away
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 8:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
Good evening house. I thank God Almighty - Medical passed. He is sure to finish what he has started amen!

7 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ekinado: 7:45am On Jun 14, 2017
VEIL1234:
Good evening house. I thank God Almighty - Medical passed. He is sure to finish what he has started amen!
time to buy ticket oooo, congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ekinado: 7:46am On Jun 14, 2017
VEIL1234:
time to buy ticket oooo, congrats!!! how long did your application take?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TEECANN: 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2017
Edoblakky:
My wife just called me from Nigeria this morning to inform me her passport has been requested. She will submit it 2moro.
More than 7 months wait though. I can't wait to have my family with me here in the summer.
Hopefuls, keep the faith, yours is next.

Hello Edoblakky,

I guess your family has joined you by now. Congrats

Just some quick enquiries:

1, Did you initiate the process of your wife's SOWP before you left Nigeria to go and resume school (after your study permit came out)?

2, Does Canadian consular issues the SOWP alongside a TRV to her?

3. Did her application included TRV application for your children, at the same time?

4, Did you send in letters from your school to support her application?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
Meanwhile i submitted SOWP yday and its bwen over 12 hrs nor message to go for biometrics. Is this normal for owp apps? Coa when i submitted mu study permit application online i got biometrics letter immediately o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
Thank you. I trust God I will come back soon to share the approval testimony amen.
Ekinado:
time to buy ticket oooo, congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
It's exactly 19 weeks today.
Ekinado:
time to buy ticket oooo, congrats!!! how long did your application take?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
This should be online right?
iamosamede55:
Meanwhile i submitted SOWP yday and its bwen over 12 hrs nor message to go for biometrics. Is this normal for owp apps? Coa when i submitted mu study permit application online i got biometrics letter immediately o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 9:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
Congrats madam
VEIL1234:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 12:49am On Jun 15, 2017
VEIL1234:
This should be online right?
Yes its online
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by suziee83: 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hello house, I will be rounding up my 1st program by August 2017, and I appplied for my Hubby SOWP with my current school Letter of acceptence and enrollment in April 2017 through paper application.
Pls do you think I should send CIC the tuition fee receipt for my 2nd program( starting by September 2017) to update his application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by petlaz: 10:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
VEIL1234:
i honestly do not know cos I applied via paper
@ VEIL1234 please can you send me your sample of LOE, Peter.obi96@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by moyin1010: 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
petlaz:

@ VEIL1234 please can you send me your sample of LOE, Peter.obi96@yahoo.com
Thanks
please I need a sample of SOP beatriceoyewole@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
Please can i also get a copy of the LOE my email address is jummai4lv@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2017
Viel1234 Pls I need to get in touch with u. It's urgent.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hey dear, I replied ur pm.
jobmman:
Viel1234 Pls I need to get in touch with u. It's urgent.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
Good evening house, join me in singing praises to the most high God! Our applications have been approved.

Timeline: OWP for me. Study permit for my daughter and TRV for son
Application and biometrics: 1st february 2017
Medical Request: 26th May 2017
Medical done: 8th June 2017
Medical passed: 13th June 2017
Application approved: 23rd June 2017
I was however notified on the 28th of June for just my daughter's
Vfs wrote me early hours of 30th june to come pick up our passports, I went there in the afternoon and picked up all three approved!!! grin grin grin grin. In total 21 weeks and 2 days processing time.

Thank you all, special thanks to BE811APP, I met you on nairaland last year March, I have never met you in person but you have been a good brother praying with me and my family and assisted me all the way right from my husband's study permit process. I hope to see you in canny soon. Thanks to all those on the sowp thread all your info and advice has been useful.Thank you Huzzie for guiding me on how to write my SOP and LOE. To qfavoured, and all those who are still waiting, the good lord will favour you shortly and we shall all celebrate.

Please let's keep this thread alive so we can keep giving back. Thank you all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sent dear.
jobmman:
Please can i also get a copy of the LOE my email address is jummai4lv@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2017
A big Congratulations to you and your family madam. And I also join you in thanking @BE811APP, he has been a very good big bro to me also. Thanks boss you're a hero! smiley
VEIL1234:
Good evening house, join me in singing praises to the most high God! Our applications have been approved.

Vfs wrote me early hours of 30th june to come pick up our passports, I went there in the afternoon and picked up all three approved!!! grin grin grin grin. In total 21 weeks and 2 days processing time.

Thank you all, special thanks to BE811APP, I met you on nairaland last year March, I have never met you in person but you have been a good brother praying with me and my family and assisted me all the way right from my husband's study permit process. I hope to see you in canny soon. Thanks to all those on the sowp thread all your info and advice has been useful.Thank you Huzzie for guiding me on how to write my SOP and LOE. To qfavoured, and all those who are still waiting, the good lord will favour you shortly and we shall all celebrate.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 9:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
Yes ooo! He's a rare kind of person. Your testimony is next @Markab. Amen!
Markab:
A big Congratulations to you and your family madam. And I also join you in thanking @BE811APP, he has been a very good big bro to me also. Thanks boss you're a hero! smiley
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
Amen ooo. Thanks madam. Can you help me with a sample of reference letter from employer?
VEIL1234:
Yes ooo! He's a rare kind of person. Your testimony is next @Markab. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Toluwaase(m): 11:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
VEIL1234:

Congrats oh.
Please how did you go about proof of fund? How much did you present to be in your account?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
My closing balance was 3.1million for myself and two kids.
Toluwaase:

Congrats oh.
Please how did you go about proof of fund? How much did you present to be in your account?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by BE811APP: 6:22am On Jul 05, 2017
Congratulations dear..

Hoping to see you here too..

We will just be 2hours 30mins drive away grin

Glad to read testimonies..

Remain Blessed!!!

VEIL1234:

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 10:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
Thanks for checking up on us sir.. Kabir
BE811APP:
Congratulations dear..

Hoping to see you here too..

We will just be 2hours 30mins drive away grin

Glad to read testimonies..

Remain Blessed!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
Good day to all members.

Kindly let's keep this house alive by sharing our application status. Or have we all abandoned the house? Well, I believe when new students register in their respective schools for fall term in September, we will see receive new members/prospective sowp applicants. But before then @Ruth222 et all, kindly share your status and let's reinvigorate this thread with good news and testimonies.

I will officially join the list hopefully by September as a trv learner. grin.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by orisuniye: 11:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hello everyone!

Please I need your help.

I am a student in Canada. I got married recently. My husband's application for an Open Work Permit was submitted (online) on April 7th. The application was rejected yesterday.

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in
coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the
IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that your spouse can support you until you find employment.

I submitted all necessary documents from my school, his property document and bank statement but the money in my husband's account was not much.

I would like to know how soon we can reapply.
Can my husband show more money in his account as gift from his mum towards the application?
Or should we just get his uncle to show his bank statement and offer to sponsor us?
How can we address all the concerns of the VO in our next application?

Please help us with any information related to this case.

Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.