Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802073 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Asekzz: 9:52pm On Apr 01
Bro am in Canada and we argued this pgwp stuff to the extent we called ircc for clarification and we were told you can bring your spouse. If you have pgwp and a job.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 10:00pm On Apr 01
Asekzz:
Bro am in Canada and we argued this pgwp stuff to the extent we called ircc for clarification and we were told you can bring your spouse. If you have pgwp and a job.

Some people have been arguing otherwise here ooooo. I have sha told them to do what ever they like. We will all be fine las las.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Papa93: 10:01pm On Apr 01
Bobomaigida:

Some people have been arguing otherwise here ooooo. I have sha told them to do what ever they like. We will all be fine las las.

Hi Guys,

Please I just need a bit clarity.
I have applied for a sowp and vv for my kid
My wife is already in Canada schooling (a post graduate diploma)
Date submitted: 12 feb,2024
Medical upfront for both done
Biometric for myself completed on 11 mar,2024.

But our eligibility status and medical status won’t update. The info there reads something like “I won’t need a medical check”. But we submitted our upfront medical forms during the application. iom confirmed they have submitted it to ircc. Is this normal please? The lack of activity on our profiles is leaving us restless and nervy. What kind of action would you advise please

Best Regards.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 10:03pm On Apr 01
Bowluwahtifeh:
Thank you for your response. I am yet to get the gcms note that I just ordered; I ordered for the FREE version though.
I don't even mind applying for Masters but my CGPA is 2.2 and I don't have IELTS result, which University can take that result?

Another option I'm looking at is ds; my husband is a pharmacist, he already has a masters in pharmacology. Should he apply for another masters? My husband is saying that since I am already in Canada then I have upper chances of getting Masters admission than him that is still in Nigeria. Does it matter?

You can get a master's admission with 2:2 but it will be difficult since a lot of people are now trying to apply for masters, It will be best you look for the admission, since you can also walk into the Universities to make enquiries.

University Canada West
Northeastern University

These schools accept 2:2 but check their tuition to confirm if it is something that you can afford.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 9:08am On Apr 02
All your points are valid, you have chances of getting a Masters admission than him.

Bowluwahtifeh:
Thank you for your response. I am yet to get the gcms note that I just ordered; I ordered for the FREE version though.
I don't even mind applying for Masters but my CGPA is 2.2 and I don't have IELTS result, which University can take that result?

Another option I'm looking at is ds; my husband is a pharmacist, he already has a masters in pharmacology. Should he apply for another masters? My husband is saying that since I am already in Canada then I have upper chances of getting Masters admission than him that is still in Nigeria. Does it matter?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 7:02pm On Apr 02
God please bring the PPR oooo, this tread needs new ones

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ttomexy(f): 9:35pm On Apr 02
But post graduate students are still eligible for pgwp abi?not PPP colleges o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 9:42pm On Apr 02
Yes that's why college will still sell but maybe not for married folks since spouse can only visit. They still allow you qualify for PGWP which you can convert to LMIA, PNP, PR and Citizenship.

ttomexy:
But post graduate students are still eligible for pgwp abi?not PPP colleges o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 9:51pm On Apr 02
You are using Google search content of November 2023 when IRCC have updated SOWP qualifications to remove College student spouse on March 19th 2024. The joke is on you.

We are not saying you can't bring Spouse with a SOWP but we re saying you can't if your student spouse is enrolled in a college.

I pity people you guys are misleading. You don't need to call IRCC, the rules are very clear and written in simple English. You don't even need Google.

Asekzz:
Pls ready this..

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Godsn007: 5:20am On Apr 04
Congratulations!
Please how did you submit your passport and received it in 2 days? Where did you submit?thanks!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Godsn007: 5:22am On Apr 04
Congratulations!
Please how did you submit your passport and received it in two days?
Thanks

ICONEB:
I have come to return all glory to God Almighty and to say a very big thank you to everyone on this group for all the important information being disseminated here and all the timely responses and corrections. God bless you

Upfront Medical: Nov 27
Submitted: Dec 27
Biometrics: Jan 2
Profile update and Ppr: Feb 28
Passport submitted: March 6
Passport received: March 8 G!!! TIMS cool
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nnemak(m): 12:53pm On Apr 04
Congratulations
Godsn007:
Congratulations!
Please how did you submit your passport and received it in two days?
Thanks

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Elfortunato: 1:05pm On Apr 04
Please as a follow-up to this conversation let me ask a question that is somehow related to this issue...

Scenario 1
If I applied for SOWP before March 19, 2024 based on a spouse that is in a college, and the SOWP got approved subsequently. Then my spouse is to later apply for PGWP by September same year, will I be eligible for an extension of my SOWP to cover the period of the PGWP? This question is coming because spouses of college students are no longer eligible for SOWP, and we all seem to have concluded that PGWP is treated as extension of rules guiding SOWP.

Scenario 2

If I single person graduates from a college and get PGWP, then gets married does this mean that his/her spouse will not get a SOWP to join them, simply because their spouse finished from college?

These are real life situations o

Jeboy:
You are using Google search content of November 2023 when IRCC have updated SOWP qualifications to remove College student spouse on March 19th 2024. The joke is on you.

We are not saying you can't bring Spouse with a SOWP but we re saying you can't if your student spouse is enrolled in a college.

I pity people you guys are misleading. You don't need to call IRCC, the rules are very clear and written in simple English. You don't even need Google.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mayorpablo: 2:25pm On Apr 04
Papa93:

Send the medical sheet to this email: nairobi@international.gc.ca and nrobiimdocument@international.gc.ca

Hi Guys,

Please I just need a bit clarity.
I have applied for a sowp and vv for my kid
My wife is already in Canada schooling (a post graduate diploma)
Date submitted: 12 feb,2024
Medical upfront for both done
Biometric for myself completed on 11 mar,2024.

But our eligibility status and medical status won’t update. The info there reads something like “I won’t need a medical check”. But we submitted our upfront medical forms during the application. iom confirmed they have submitted it to ircc. Is this normal please? The lack of activity on our profiles is leaving us restless and nervy. What kind of action would you advise please

Best Regards.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Papa93: 8:54pm On Apr 04
[quote author=mayorpablo post=129265362][/quote]

Thanks for your response.

Should I proceed to send to the nairobi office/email even though I applied from Ghana?
Also IOM confirmed they’d sent the medical results to ircc on 29th January.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 9:39pm On Apr 04
Papa93:

Thanks for your response.

Should I proceed to send to the nairobi office/email even though I applied from Ghana?
Also IOM confirmed they’d sent the medical results to ircc on 29th January.

Send to Ghana , Nairobi And lagos....you will definitely hear from them ...all the best
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 1:23am On Apr 06
Scenario 1: New law on college doesn't affect existing SOWP. So if you eventually got SOWP PPR from your spouse who is in a college for an application before March 19th, what you will qualify for is SOWP extension as your wife is either extending her study permit or moving to PGWP.

All valid SOWP carriers are exempted from the college restriction on SOWP.

Scenario 2, the spouse of a student are not prevented from reuniting with their student spouse who is in a college but they can only do with a visit visa not a SOWP. Except the college student gets admission into a Masters or Professional degrees and then an SOWP can be explored.

Elfortunato:

Please as a follow-up to this conversation let me ask a question that is somehow related to this issue...

Scenario 1
If I applied for SOWP before March 19, 2024 based on a spouse that is in a college, and the SOWP got approved subsequently. Then my spouse is to later apply for PGWP by September same year, will I be eligible for an extension of my SOWP to cover the period of the PGWP? This question is coming because spouses of college students are no longer eligible for SOWP, and we all seem to have concluded that PGWP is treated as extension of rules guiding SOWP.

Scenario 2

If I single person graduates from a college and get PGWP, then gets married does this mean that his/her spouse will not get a SOWP to join them, simply because their spouse finished from college?

These are real life situations o

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Asekzz: 1:34am On Apr 06
mr jeboy are you in canada?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 1:02pm On Apr 06
Does being in Canada equates to knowing it all or having monopoly of answers?

Answer this please: Why would people suddenly want to switch to the Masters program now when they can simply secure a 1year PG admission for their spouse, wait out the 1year period, spouse gets PGWP and they apply for SOWP??

I think IRCC doesn’t just roll out new rules without looking through all the possible loopholes.

Asekzz:
mr jeboy are you in canada?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LholarB(f): 2:40pm On Apr 07
Hello , I replied your email already

I got the format of the email on this forum , however this is the message I sent

SUBJECT: APPLICATION STATUS UPDATE - UCI (put in your UCI no )

Dear IRCC,

Trust this email finds you well

Kindly note that my medicals has been updated to passed on my portal ( state the date it was updated on the portal )

I would like to request for an update on the status of my application

Name:
Application No:
UCI No :

Kind Regards ,

Send email to the following address

accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

nairobi@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca (this is RROC email)
abujag@international.gc.ca

Make sure you send the email everyday in the morning , and you can be more emotional with yours since you are yet to hear from them ,
I hope this helps .

Batakukuooa:
Can you please share me the email you sent your message to “RROC” Thank you. However i sent you a message too
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LholarB(f): 4:18pm On Apr 07
Hello , I stated my own school details in the part they asked for letter of admission for my child , I also attached email correspondent from schools around Ontario I messaged before submitting my application ..

However after the introduction of Attestation letters , I heard you can’t upload your own LOA again , you can either write to your school to help draft a letter of admission for your child or you write a letter of explanation quoting IRCC website stating that your child doesn’t need an enrollment letter

So the to the SOWP , yes , spouse of international students in colleges are not eligible for SOWP after the announcement

I submitted the application for my family Feb 18 ( before the commencement of the announcement ). Plz note I am still in Nigeria to resume for fall ( September )

These are the docs I submitted for my kids

Oluwaloniglory7:

Congratulations Lholar, please If I may ask? What documents do you submitted for SP for your kids Where they asked for letter of admission and other stuff?

Also is spouse of international student who his already in Canada currently studies in colleges are not eligible for sSOWP

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 8:55pm On Apr 07
We told them the truth they were arguing that they called IRCC in Canada.

I am waiting for the first college student that will bring their spouse with SOWP after moving to PGWP.

Canada Unis will be balling now with Masters program especially for married International students. Na only single people go dey patronize College now.

Ogbigog:
Does being in Canada equates to knowing it all or having monopoly of answers?

Answer this please: Why would people suddenly want to switch to the Masters program now when they can simply secure a 1year PG admission for their spouse, wait out the 1year period, spouse gets PGWP and they apply for SOWP??

I think IRCC doesn’t just roll out new rules without looking through all the possible loopholes.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by olutowo(m): 10:05pm On Apr 08
Jeboy:
We told them the truth they were arguing that they called IRCC in Canada.

I am waiting for the first college student that will bring their spouse with SOWP after moving to PGWP.

Canada Unis will be balling now with Masters program especially for married International students. Na only single people go dey patronize College now.

keep waiting bro....you passed your opinion, you don't need to throw a jab at anybody.
Note, Canada no be Nigeria o, even with the cap, dem no day admit any tom, hook and harry, so their admission still remains as it is. Have
you ever come across University students in Canada...na then u go know say its mostly not for international students especially Africans.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Baphil: 11:45pm On Apr 08
Please house, I have been seeing this on my friend's profile for days now. I have refreshed and restarted my laptop to no avail. I cannot upload documents and submit for a few days now. What is really the matter?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 8:56am On Apr 09
Baphil:
Please house, I have been seeing this on my friend's profile for days now. I have refreshed and restarted my laptop to no avail. I cannot upload documents and submit for a few days now. What is really the matter?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Baphil: 4:55pm On Apr 09
Bobomaigida:

Okay, thank you so much
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AdoChel(f): 9:53pm On Apr 09
Hi everyone, details of one's prospective employment/employer are not required for the SOWP right? If so, one can just leave this section blank right? This is the 1295e form.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 2:28am On Apr 10
If you did your assignment well, you would know that the Provincial Letter to help limit admission cap does not apply to Masters admission. Canada feels the College admission is used to bring in any dick and Harry with just O level to Canada. They want real professionals that can add value to there country's organization and the policy is not specific to Nigerians. I know several Nigerians enrolling to there Masters program in Camada it is just that the College were cheaper for migration route and this made Nigerians patronized it more earlier.

olutowo:

keep waiting bro....you passed your opinion, you don't need to throw a jab at anybody.
Note, Canada no be Nigeria o, even with the cap, dem no day admit any tom, hook and harry, so their admission still remains as it is. Have
you ever come across University students in Canada...na then u go know say its mostly not for international students especially Africans.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by olutowo(m): 10:26am On Apr 10
Jeboy:
If you did your assignment well, you would know that the Provincial Letter to help limit admission cap does not apply to Masters admission. Canada feels the College admission is used to bring in any dick and Harry with just O level to Canada. They want real professionals that can add value to there country's organization and the policy is not specific to Nigerians. I know several Nigerians enrolling to there Masters program in Camada it is just that the College were cheaper for migration route and this made Nigerians patronized it more earlier.

You see why I don't want to talk about this admission and sowp with u and the other guy because u guys are nairaland immigration officers and not ircc licensed immigration officers which dont just interpret laws on the peripheral....i have done my home work on the sowp and na me know where shoe day pinch me.....and this will be the last time I will EVER respond to your opinion...kus it's your opinion and u are entitled to it.

We are talking about admission u are talking about PAL, sebi na person way get admission go request for PAL...u think agent fit help person apply for masters...do u know the process of gaining admission for masters program U think u can apply for most masters program in universities without getting a supervisor first?? When I said I have come across masters students in universities, especially western university, u think i am talking by speculations and which i believe it might be applicable to all......like I said, anywhere I come across ur opinion, I will just waka pass....as for me CASE CLOSED....
I will just be reading and enjoying the page.
Note: If everything work as planned for me, I will never come here and throw a Jab at anyone..

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 10:58am On Apr 10
olutowo:

You see why I don't want to talk about this admission and sowp with u and the other guy (Bobomaigida), because u guys are nairaland immigration officers and not ircc licensed immigration officers which dont just interpret laws on the peripheral....i have done my home work on the swop and na me know where shoe day pinch me.....and this will be the last time I will EVER respond to your opinion...kus it's opinion and u are entitled to it.

We are talking about admission u are talking about PAL, sebi na person way get admission go request for PAL...u think agent fit help person apply for masters...do u know the process of gaining admission for masters program U think u can apply for most masters program in universities without getting a supervisor first?? When I said I have come across masters students in universities, especially western university, u think i am talking by speculations and which i believe it might be applicable to all......like I said, anywhere I come across ur opinion, I will just waka pass....as for me CASE CLOSED....
Note: If everything work as planned for me, I will never come here and throw a Jab at anyone..

Thank you

Everything will work as we planned by God grace.. everyone have one or two things.. i really cant wait to deactivate this platform once i get it..
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AdoChel(f): 2:16pm On Apr 10
I'd appreciate any answers 🙏

AdoChel:
Hi everyone, details of one's prospective employment/employer are not required for the SOWP right? If so, one can just leave this section blank right? This is the 1295e form.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 8:44pm On Apr 10
olutowo:

You see why I don't want to talk about this admission and sowp with u and the other guy (Bobomaigida), because u guys are nairaland immigration officers and not ircc licensed immigration officers which dont just interpret laws on the peripheral....i have done my home work on the sowp and na me know where shoe day pinch me.....and this will be the last time I will EVER respond to your opinion...kus it's your opinion and u are entitled to it.

Thank you

Ah ah, wetin I do o? Please check my posts on the thread, you are mistaking me for another person.

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.