Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. (27250 Views)

The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos / More Pictorial Confirmation Of APC Shameless Act That Land Inec Official into tr / Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by boxypane(m): 8:17am On Apr 28, 2015
I Laugh in cuban. AIT is one channel that is GMB-phobiC. They should b sent to SA to cover d events there.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Rapmoney(m): 8:17am On Apr 28, 2015
iliyande:
Sorry, not tribalism, but Igbos are trying so hard to find a fault from buhari. Why? He will assume his duty in may why in hurry? For now he have every right to his privacy.
If I were you, I would be more concerned with learning good English to aid my communication skill than coming here to type nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by ilovecritics(m): 8:17am On Apr 28, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

You are obviously still not over GEJ's election loss. Don't worry, time will heal your pain. In the meantime, prepare to endure this 'dictator' for the next 4years, after all Nigerians endured your clueless GEJ for 6 good years and heaven did not fall. grin

I don't care! I'm self employed. I'm OK with my life. However. However it turns out, it ain't my business..

undecided
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 28, 2015
Guys, this whole tribalism on both sides is getting out of hand. Nigeria doesn't need this. My worry is that it extends beyond social forum into homes & offices.
GEJ is a good man as a person; he's done his part & he's on his way out. Let's not begrudge him the statesmanship he achieved by willingly conceding, even if we do not like him.

I am not from the North but I believe Buhari will move Naija forward. And when he does tackle Corruption, everyone including Igbos and Yorubas will benefit. He was right on Christianah Amanpour "if Nigeria does not kill Corruption, Corruption will kill Nigeria". He probably won't perform a miracle but he will do enough for each Nigerian to feel it.

Back to the topic, as Nigerians we must try and do our research very well before issuing a statement of fact. OP, the White-House took a bit of their frustration back on Fox news (follow proper news please). It happened early in the administration; the other White House correspondence even complained. Did you also know that CNN & probably MSNBC were going to do a documentary on Hillary Clinton this year or next and the RNC threatened not to invite them to their conference if they ran the documentaries. Let's always get the facts right please.

I am not supporting the President-Elect's decision but let's respect it. Guys, let both losers & winners be gracious (even on this forum)

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by SkyRider1(m): 8:18am On Apr 28, 2015
Its not really about AIT. I see a deliberate machination to foist TVC (owner Asiwaju), Last week Buhari gave a sole session to TVC. Its time to settle his benefactors. ,, Other Satellite TV operators should watch out for CONSAT (owner Asiwaju).
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by babadee1(m): 8:18am On Apr 28, 2015
adconline:

Yes, idiot! He has been on Bill O'Reily a couple of times! Fox News crew is also represented in WH Press Team

Obama has never willingly gone on Bill O'Reilly's show. The two times he had interviews with him was because Fox News was nominated by the White House press corps to get the presidential interview during a major sporting event. Also Fox News has complained several times that the Obama administration has been denying them access, including refusing to call on their reporters during press conferences. Denying access to a news outfit that you believe will not give you fair coverage is perfectly legal for a government to do.
By the way Buhari has not yet been sworn in so he is still a private citizen with the right to determine the boundaries of his own privacy. AIT is still free to report whatever they want, they have not been banned. But the ability to follow Buhari to functions and to ask him questions face to face is not a right but a privilege that needs to be earned. Based on their ridiculously biased reporting during the elections, AIT has not earned that privilege.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by ilovecritics(m): 8:19am On Apr 28, 2015
Banter1:
you should be ashamed of yourself for making this statement. PHUCK YOU

Kids all over my post! Smh..

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 28, 2015
richidinho:
@op.....Nice 1 there

We only have one Democrat...i.e GEJ

Buhari was a dictator
Buhari is a dictator
Buhari will die a dictator

Mark my word

You can call him what ever you name u wish.

Thank god,democracy is a game of nos and we voted GMB.

AIT and NTA have goofed in media standards,ethics and conduct....their bosses need to.go back to the.media school.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by goodluckbabs: 8:21am On Apr 28, 2015
richidinho:
@op.....Nice 1 there

We only have one Democrat...i.e GEJ

Buhari was a dictator
Buhari is a dictator
Buhari will die a dictator

Mark my word
Igbo are d Nigeria’s problems. Imagine richnidigbo use his dirty mouth calling Buhari a dictator. And u called ur clueless brother a democrat. Igbos are complete animals no wonder ur greedy and useless brother studies Zoology. Haters should go and die inside oturoke Riverside. God go punish all of u. Amen.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Rapmoney(m): 8:21am On Apr 28, 2015
AllenG:
Guys, this whole tribalism on both sides is getting out of hand. Nigeria doesn't need this. My worry is that it extends beyond social forum into homes & offices.
GEJ is a good man as a person; he's done his part & he's on his way out. Let's not begrudge him the statesmanship he achieved by willingly conceding, even if we do not like him.

I am not from the North but I believe Buhari will move Naija forward. And when he does tackle Corruption, everyone including Igbos and Yorubas will benefit. He was right on Christianah Amanpour "if Nigeria does not kill Corruption, Corruption will kill Nigeria". He probably won't perform a miracle but he will do enough for each Nigerian to feel it.

Back to the topic, as Nigerians we must try and do our research very well before issuing a statement of fact. OP, the White-House took a bit of their frustration back on Fox news (follow proper news please). It happened early in the administration; the other White House correspondence even complained. Did you also know that CNN & probably MSNBC were going to do a documentary on Hillary Clinton this year or next and the RNC threatened not to invite them to their conference if they ran the documentaries. Let's always get the facts right please.

I am not supporting the President-Elect's decision but let's respect it. Guys, let both losers & winners be gracious (even on this forum)
Don't worry, continue to deceive yourself!!!
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Banter1(m): 8:21am On Apr 28, 2015
major466:

You need a lot of education about democracy and th freedom of press in a Presidential system of government. Did i hear you say fox news were professional in their work What is professional about calling someone derogative names Clearly you dont watch fox news.
Shut That Asss You Call Mouth. You Silly Idiota, Infact PHUCK YOU
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by ilovecritics(m): 8:22am On Apr 28, 2015
Tradesrunner:

You are a mistake to our nation. Your evil agenda for the general wont work,
Did buhari close AIT, he just said they should stay away from his residence till issues he had with them are resolve. How did that amount to intimaditing the press
That you Taniods and saTanist wont let him be by spreading propaganda everywhere
Our Baba was right

Haaa! General pikin.. U been dey there I guess. Onye apari undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by OLUJAY4REAL: 8:26am On Apr 28, 2015
Kolade354:
Dont mind dose igbos.....they will never see anyting gud in Buhari.........Bunch of Bigot so silly lyk Apga.

Why are u trivializing ds issue by tribalizing it? Do u want to say dt's d best Buhari could have done in dt scenerio? If u take ds as d right gesture, then we may as well be expecting lots of facades packaged as "change". I'm a Nigerian from Osun state. I'll not be proud of someone from yoruba extract introducing ethnic sentiments into ds serious error made by d president elect. It's not healthy for our democracy, please. When we see something bad we should all condemn it and if it is something good we should all commend it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Mistermamus(m): 8:27am On Apr 28, 2015
The first casualty of GMB presidency: Freedom of
speech , media. The old man & democracy are parallel lines.
I saw this coming.

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by hotgunz(m): 8:27am On Apr 28, 2015
gradually we re lossin our freedoms of speech, soon nuttin will b allow against and the same monsters shoutin change will b lamentin, he s nt yet sworn in as president, he s banin AIT. must every station worship him?
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Chigold101(m): 8:28am On Apr 28, 2015
iliyande:
Sorry, not tribalism, but Igbos are trying so hard to find a fault from buhari. Why? He will assume his duty in may why in hurry? For now he have every right to his privacy.
your own MU MU KNOWS no BOUND.

What concerns IGBOS in this case? Is AIT owned by Onye Igbo. Must you people stampede everybody into swallowing GMB‘s rubbish hook, line & sinker.

You will soon stop coming to NL, because if you dictactor master continues like this, he will soon shut down naira land.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 28, 2015
Well said!
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:29am On Apr 28, 2015
papushki:
He is not yet the president but president elect ..so he has a right to bar ait from coming close to him or his residence .
Thank you very much for this simple and apt explanation. He is still a private citizen till May 29th when he becomes a public servant.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:30am On Apr 28, 2015
jibosqie:
I don't see anything wrong with what Buhari did. He is the President-Elect and as a private citizen still has liberty to decide which media organisation participates in his activities.
Violation of Press Freedom starts when he fully assumes office and media practioners are barred from covering his activities when relevant media regulatory agencies are expected to take up such roles to sanction and properly administer conducts of media agencies.
Another concise explanation. Thank you sir!
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by bajosky: 8:31am On Apr 28, 2015
#babaonechance#
ENOUGH OF THIS BULLSHIT !!!!
B4 ITS TOO LATE LET nigerians PROTEST ON AIT BEHALF COS I SEE PRESS & citizens(common men/opposition) FREEDOM OF SPEECH UNDERMINE BY APC GOVT.

PUBLIC PROTEST !! PROTEST !! THE TIME IS NOW.

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2015
Bimffo:
GMB is still the President Elect.. He is not GEJ. GEJ is still our President..
Exactly!!!
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by benzion72(m): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2015
AIT was barred on security reasons. So if there is security threat they should just allow them to kill our hope PDP is the nest of evil, they have wasted so many life with impunity. Where is Bola Ige and others. AIT can be used by the evil cabal since they always play along with the PDP and they went on doing it without the ethic of journalism
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by kingslly(m): 8:32am On Apr 28, 2015
Why always the Igbos,is AIT owned ny the igbos?
iliyande:
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by billyG(m): 8:32am On Apr 28, 2015
major466:
Pls bear with me if you find my writeup a bit disorganized. My tablet is yet to arive so am using a small phone to write this piece to express maself about recent development. Thanks for understanding.

I was thrown into a deep shock when i read in the news that President elect, M. Buhari bared media house AIT from covering his activities. Though i wasnt surprised by his action, i was surprise because he's already showing the true nature we knew he was even before swearing in. What sort of democrat bar a media house from covering public activities? Does he think the office of President is he's private property? Who does he think he is? A king? Does he know the meaning of a public servant? Maybe not. Why he's semi illitrate, if not he would have understood that in democracy, the office of the president is not only accountable to the people but also to the Press. That is why freedom of the Press is one of the shining lights of democracy as a form of govenment.

This singular act by Buhari to bar a media organization from covering his activities as president elect just comfirm that he's still the same old dictator that he was 32 years ago. A liar who lied to the world in Chatam house that he was a democrat, banning a media house from covering his activities because of a documentary? Very childish and imature indeed! Does he know what democracy is all about? If he feels pained by a documentary then he has no business in politics.

I remember vividly during the US presidential campaign of 2008 when Fox News network castigated Obama to a point of no return. They made fun of him, ridicule him, called him monkey, fueled his birth certificate issues to the extend that almost got most Americans asking questions about his true country of birth. In the end he had to surrender his birth certificate to the press (unlike Buhari and his school certificate mess). It was a scandal. Plus the many other systematic attacks against his candidacy. Fox news people are racist. Those of you who watched that channel during and after the Presidential campaigns will know what am talking about. But ever since Barack Obama won the Presidency of the United States, not ones did Obama vent out his anger to revenge against fox news. Why? Because he understood the principles of democracy. As a private individual no media house will bother you. But as soon as you become a politician, the eyes of the press makes a microscopic look at your personality. The media will not only scrutinize your past but will also go way back in time to study your childhood background. Any shocking revelation will be brought to the public front. That is the way it is in democracy especially in advance societies like USA. Even our dear GEJ was not speared from the hard scrutinizing lens of the press, sometimes personal and insulting attacks against him. Did he ever vent out his anger by baring them from covering his activities? No. Why? Because he like Obama understood the principles of Democracy. He understood that press freedom is paramount in democracy. Thats why Nigerians of all ages can express themselves freely without fear of being arrested. This is the beauty of Democracy and freedom. For Buhari to lower himself like a child who got his azz kicked by his cousin to trample upon Freedom of Press shows that he's nothing but thesame old dictator in civilian clothes.
Just like someone said, like OBJ like Buhari. Both dictators in civilian clothing.

BTW, I hear many Buhari followers giving excuses that he has the right to bar AIT citing privacy as reasons. Sure i completely agree that every individual on the planet deserves the right to privacy. That ofcouse is a fundamental human right. But they however failed to note that as soon as an individual becomes a public official in the position of a President elect, privacy becomes a secondary issue. Infact privacy is not an excuss to bar a media organization from performing its function by investigating Buhari's activites as president elect.
This poser lack understanding he keep mmentioning office of d prsdnt 4 last time i check it is GEJ THAT OCCUPY THAT OFFICE,so freedom of press allow any immoral media organisation 2 bust into pple private resident 2 cover him,family without clearance,permission even when d person concern 2 sleeping or in d toilet?privacy is not an excuse abi?yu fit bust into ASO rock & cover jona shitting?what if d cameraman is carring bomb in his camera?
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by lukxman(m): 8:32am On Apr 28, 2015
When trying to rely on a particular section of the law to castigate or find an act or omission of a person wanting, do also take into cognisance the fact that the law has many sections which favour those acts and omissions. The sections you have avoided may be more justifiable and equitable than the one you quickly pick up for trivial reasons, or to suite your shameless circumstance.

It is a constitutional matter, and so it is constitutional that Buhari has right to private and family life. Equity also demands AIT to do equity before wanting equity. As equality is equity, I think, u are hopelessly overflogging this matter; AIT should have adapted by the rules and ethics of the profession whose law you are now deducing for your ugly benefit. Having failed to do equity, AIT can't be heard crying foul for inequity. This relates back to what AIT has done during electioneering campaigns, therefore, equity is a continuum which cover web of events.

Apart, the most significant thing here is Buhari's right to life and his right to freedom and also the right he has to protect his person as a man with integrity and, as well, one having a good will. I don't have time to write widely on this.

Eventually, Buhari, as of now is just an ordinary citizen and he can decide who he issues statement to and who he doesn't want to issue statement to. This you have no justifiable and moral right to complain about. Better know something before you start ranting about. Shut up when you don't need to talk.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by cy4cent(f): 8:33am On Apr 28, 2015
HzRF:

Rubbish
What's defamatory in dia documentary
Buahri threaten to sue dem did dey blink?
Tell me hw many lies in d documentryy
In d name of defamatory fact should not be stated

Lol, Swerry, this is not something to sweat about, you know how court cases are in Nigeria,
so they couldn't have blinked cos GEJ was at the helm of affairs,

n who knows, they still might have blinked but couldn't have run up to show it to you.
bottom line, no one had much regard for Court under GEJ.

Take DSTV for example, despite Court order, are they not still selling at their new price?
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by micolaj: 8:34am On Apr 28, 2015
dearpreye:

All that family talk na bullcrap and PR stunt. If his family members already knew his stand, why the recent lectures? That's by the side.

We all know AIT goofed and messed up. An opportunity presented itself for GMB to show his transformed democratic values, but alas his vindictiveness and immaturity was superior to his reasoning.

He messed up big time.
I guess we are moving in opposite direction. BUHARI's actions for the next years will manifest in REALITY, while your PERMANENT HATRED and EXCCESIVE BITTERNESS will only exist here on NAIRALAND. Who is the loser?
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Kolade354(m): 8:35am On Apr 28, 2015
OLUJAY4REAL:

Why are u trivializing ds issue by tribalizing it? Do u want to say dt's d best Buhari could have done in dt scenerio? If u take ds as d right gesture, then we may as well be expecting lots of facades packaged as "change". I'm a Nigerian from Osun state. I'll not be proud of someone from yoruba extract introducing ethnic sentiments into ds serious error made by d president elect. It's not healthy for our democracy, please. When we see something bad we should all condemn it and if it is something good we should all commend it.
Am not a bigot,but they are the greatest critic of Buhari just because of his involvement in the civil war, sometimes the truth is bitter but you have to say it.............Am in ile-ife anyway what abt you?
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by PapiWata: 8:36am On Apr 28, 2015
cy4cent:

Lol, Swerry, this is not something to sweat about,

If you don't mind my asking, why have you changed the name of Mr. HZRF to "Swerry".

What does "swerry" mean ? Is it a cute name for someone who likes to eat cherries, as in "Swerry the Cherry eater" ?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Kolade354(m): 8:38am On Apr 28, 2015
SkyRider1:
Its not really about AIT. I see a deliberate machination to foist TVC (owner Asiwaju), Last week Buhari gave a sole session to TVC. Its time to settle his benefactors. ,, Other Satellite TV operators should watch out for CONSAT (owner Asiwaju).

If CONSAT can bring an end to DSTV monopoly then i will be glad even if the owner is shekarau.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Vello(m): 8:39am On Apr 28, 2015
ilovecritics:

I'll be ashamed to know you are a Nigerian like me..
can you see now how poor you really are expectin buhari to become what you can never be. the guy you quoted only expressed his opinion and you quickly castigated him. call a spade its name, you're a disgruntled intolerant poor loser who'll never see any good in buhari.
i'll repeat what the guy you quoted said, "haters, go and die.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Vek2015: 8:39am On Apr 28, 2015
goodluckbabs:
Igbo are d Nigeria’s problems. Imagine richnidigbo use his dirty mouth calling Buhari a dictator. And u called ur clueless brother a democrat. Igbos are complete animals no wonder ur greedy and useless brother studies Zoology. Haters should go and die inside oturoke Riverside. God go punish all of u. Amen.

You are not too smart. I see the similarity in your moniker grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Judiciary Receives New GAC GS8 SUVs / Aisha Buhari Still Missing From Nigerian Public, Five Months After / Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.