Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. (27258 Views)

The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos / More Pictorial Confirmation Of APC Shameless Act That Land Inec Official into tr / Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by BabaOneChance: 8:39am On Apr 28, 2015
ilovecritics:
GEJ HAS BEEN CLEARED BY GOD, NIGERIANS AND HUMANITY.
He is 100x the man Buhari can ever NEVER be..

I am proud to have existed in his time - Buhari will soon show his real old colour.
A deranged pack of nitwits (I mentioned no-name(s)) have voted for dictatorship once more!!

Mods: Abeg; i no call person name ooh!!
undecided
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Ahmeduana(m): 8:40am On Apr 28, 2015
olaxy2:
Well, the General Is entitle to his own privacy. U shld wait till he's sworn in before saying trash. he has said what he wanted for now. after he's sworn in, AIT can come and be sleeping in his sitting room. but for now, let them be tapping from Channels. Op don't commit suicide oo. follow mama piss instruction which says " she rather die than.....
SO IS JONATHAN THAT IS NOT ENTITLE TO HIS PRIVACY?
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by ilovecritics(m): 8:41am On Apr 28, 2015
Vello:

can you see now how poor you really are expectin buhari to become what you can never be. the guy you quoted only expressed his opinion and you quickly castigated him. call a spade its name, you're a disgruntled intolerant poor loser who'll never see any good in buhari.
i'll repeat what the guy you quoted said, "haters, go and die.

Kids!

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by ogunniyi2: 8:41am On Apr 28, 2015
stinking mouth
major466:
Pls bear with me if you find my writeup a bit disorganized. My tablet is yet to arive so am using a small phone to write this piece to express maself about recent development. Thanks for understanding.

I was thrown into a deep shock when i read in the news that President elect, M. Buhari bared media house AIT from covering his activities. Though i wasnt surprised by his action, i was surprise because he's already showing the true nature we knew he was even before swearing in. What sort of democrat bar a media house from covering public activities? Does he think the office of President is he's private property? Who does he think he is? A king? Does he know the meaning of a public servant? Maybe not. Why he's semi illitrate, if not he would have understood that in democracy, the office of the president is not only accountable to the people but also to the Press. That is why freedom of the Press is one of the shining lights of democracy as a form of govenment.

This singular act by Buhari to bar a media organization from covering his activities as president elect just comfirm that he's still the same old dictator that he was 32 years ago. A liar who lied to the world in Chatam house that he was a democrat, banning a media house from covering his activities because of a documentary? Very childish and imature indeed! Does he know what democracy is all about? If he feels pained by a documentary then he has no business in politics.

I remember vividly during the US presidential campaign of 2008 when Fox News network castigated Obama to a point of no return. They made fun of him, ridicule him, called him monkey, fueled his birth certificate issues to the extend that almost got most Americans asking questions about his true country of birth. In the end he had to surrender his birth certificate to the press (unlike Buhari and his school certificate mess). It was a scandal. Plus the many other systematic attacks against his candidacy. Fox news people are racist. Those of you who watched that channel during and after the Presidential campaigns will know what am talking about. But ever since Barack Obama won the Presidency of the United States, not ones did Obama vent out his anger to revenge against fox news. Why? Because he understood the principles of democracy. As a private individual no media house will bother you. But as soon as you become a politician, the eyes of the press makes a microscopic look at your personality. The media will not only scrutinize your past but will also go way back in time to study your childhood background. Any shocking revelation will be brought to the public front. That is the way it is in democracy especially in advance societies like USA. Even our dear GEJ was not speared from the hard scrutinizing lens of the press, sometimes personal and insulting attacks against him. Did he ever vent out his anger by baring them from covering his activities? No. Why? Because he like Obama understood the principles of Democracy. He understood that press freedom is paramount in democracy. Thats why Nigerians of all ages can express themselves freely without fear of being arrested. This is the beauty of Democracy and freedom. For Buhari to lower himself like a child who got his azz kicked by his cousin to trample upon Freedom of Press shows that he's nothing but thesame old dictator in civilian clothes.
Just like someone said, like OBJ like Buhari. Both dictators in civilian clothing.

BTW, I hear many Buhari followers giving excuses that he has the right to bar AIT citing privacy as reasons. Sure i completely agree that every individual on the planet deserves the right to privacy. That ofcouse is a fundamental human right. But they however failed to note that as soon as an individual becomes a public official in the position of a President elect, privacy becomes a secondary issue. Infact privacy is not an excuss to bar a media organization from performing its function by investigating Buhari's activites as president elect.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Mcowubaba: 8:41am On Apr 28, 2015
iliyande:

I'm not tribalistic that's why I won't take on you. Sorry bro.
u r very TRIBALISTIC QED!!!!!!
Why will u single out igbossad.....
Is d OP an Igbo
Is Ait owned by an Igbo
...U don't hav any excuse, i dont expect a reply... Ur hate 4 igbos will eventually consume nd condemn ur soul(if u don't change).......i taya 4 una....
Everytin u bigot go drag igbos put 4 d matter..Nonsense..
After u act defensive- 'i m nt tribalistic' keep deceiving urself...
Peace...
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by ralph28(m): 8:42am On Apr 28, 2015
Well written.

Every politician that holds public office has little or no privacy.

If you don't want people to talk about you,go to your contry home like Oladipo Diya

Just gone 2ru our constitution,but didn't see any provision that backed him up.

Or is he still using Dree??

God pls see us 2ru.

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by queensmith: 8:43am On Apr 28, 2015
I agree with this - idiotic move the man is already messing up!!

still a better option than GEJ!

Since when is a president elect who is already performing presidential functions entitled to privacy? Since when?

This is Buhari being petty
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by duni04(m): 8:43am On Apr 28, 2015
If the basis for barring AIT is ethics and standards, I totally agree with the President elect. When the owner of AIT openly hobnobs with the President, and when the reportage of the station Is clearly biased against the APC, they have every right to tell them not to report their own activities. If they know AIT is definitely going to skew the news or their reporting against the APC, why should they allow them to report their activities?
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by major466(m): 8:44am On Apr 28, 2015
Mynd44:

Please answer this. Have you ever seen Obama on Fox news giving an interview?

That's what Buhari did. He cut access to AIT. He can do that
No. But that is a different ball game. A government that finds a media house to be particularly too critical of its policies can choose not to patronise that media house. There's no problem with that. Infact, that is exactly what Obama did. He doesnt honor their interview request nor make adverts through them. But he never bared them from covering his functions as president elect up to his Presidency till date.
Buhari can choose not to patronise AIT but he has no right to bar them from doing their work.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by shurlermoz(m): 8:45am On Apr 28, 2015
@major466 do you know AIT showed the same Buhari program that you said they were barred from? Please always verify your info before coming online to post assumptions.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by holiboy: 8:46am On Apr 28, 2015
If you were buhari what will you do to AIT,after they have cause serious injury on your image.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Afribiz(f): 8:47am On Apr 28, 2015
iliyande:

I'm not tribalistic that's why I won't take on you. Sorry bro.

If u knw u aren't tribalistic, then nxt time don't derail frm a topic. I wondered why u mentioned Igbos in dis matter. AIT isn't owned by the Ibos, so pls let's stp d hatred among ourselves nd work/pray for a better Nigeria. Hatred eats up d soul nd interrupts progress. Love on d other hand, brings abt unity, peace nd progress. Let's build our nation, if nt for anything, for d sake of our children nd d younger generation. God bless d Federal Republic of Nigeria, God bless GMB!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Gamesmart: 8:49am On Apr 28, 2015
Buhari, please use the next 4 years to destroy and bring AIT down.

We do not want useless media houses who are bias for money. Help us remove them from the media air. Make Dokpesi broke.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 28, 2015
That is what you get when you act unprofessional and abuse the freedom of speech. General buhari has the right to barred them from his activities but should resolve the issues with them amicably and let them do there work.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by not4sure(m): 8:51am On Apr 28, 2015
Codedrunscom:

are you Yoruba ?
Sorry ma Can i ask you why ?
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by cy4cent(f): 8:53am On Apr 28, 2015
PapiWata:

If you don't mind my asking, why have you changed the name of Mr. HZRF to "Swerry".

What does "swerry" mean ? Is it a cute name for someone who likes to eat cherries, as in "Swerry the Cherry eater" ?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Lol, it is a term to tell someone not to be pissed, n even when they are to tell them it's not worth it.

After all, we can talk about issues without fighting.
By the way, why are you interested in finding out, the person I quoted didn't mind.
it is well with you!!
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by gemini35(m): 8:53am On Apr 28, 2015
iliyande:
Sorry, not tribalism, but Igbos are trying so hard to find a fault from buhari. Why? He will assume his duty in may why in hurry? For now he have every right to his privacy.
what has igbos done now,do u eat from anus?daft

2 Likes

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by billyG(m): 8:54am On Apr 28, 2015
bajosky:
#babaonechance#
ENOUGH OF THIS BULLSHIT !!!!
B4 ITS TOO LATE LET nigerians PROTEST ON AIT BEHALF COS I SEE PRESS & citizens(common men/opposition) FREEDOM OF SPEECH UNDERMINE BY APC GOVT.

PUBLIC PROTEST !! PROTEST !! THE TIME IS NOW.
U big fuul,jobless E-diot go & protest,if u like trek frm lagos to sokoto,u wwon take panadol 4 AiT headache.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Emekamex(m): 8:54am On Apr 28, 2015
Buhari is showing his true self, he is a bloody dictator. I pity the yorubas.

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Zedge(m): 8:54am On Apr 28, 2015
AIT is a disgrace to investigative journalism. What goes around comes around! They should take a chill pill, sit back and learn how it is done by Channels and co. WHEN and IF they learn, we can now unbar them cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by PapiWata: 8:55am On Apr 28, 2015
cy4cent:

Lol, it is a term to tell someone not to be pissed, n even when they are to tell them it's not worth it.

After all, we can talk about issues without fighting.
By the way, why are you interested in finding out, the person I quoted didn't mind.
it is well with you!!

I like learning new words, and that is why I asked what that term meant. I appreciate the prayer too, provided I don't need to pay cash for it.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by toprealman: 8:55am On Apr 28, 2015
iliyande:
Sorry, not tribalism, but Igbos are trying so hard to find a fault from buhari. Why? He will assume his duty in may why in hurry? For now he have every right to his privacy.
PLAYING THE TRIBAL CARD HERE IS A LAME THING TO DO.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Zedge(m): 8:55am On Apr 28, 2015
AIT is a disgrace to investigative journalism. What goes around comes around! They should take a chill pill, sit back and learn how it is done by Channels and co. WHEN and IF they learn, GMB can now unbar them cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Mynd44: 8:57am On Apr 28, 2015
major466:

No. But that is a different ball game. A government that finds a media house to be particularly too critical of its policies can choose not to patronise that media house. There's no problem with that. Infact, that is exactly what Obama did. He doesnt honor their interview request nor make adverts through them. But he never bared them from covering his functions as president elect up to his Presidency till date.
Buhari can choose not to patronise AIT but he has no right to bar them from doing their work.
AIT is free to cover public functions just like any other media house.

They were told to stay away due to security reasons and they might be a breach to the President elect's security.

What argument are you raising? If he is at a program, they can attend na
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by JoeCutie(m): 8:57am On Apr 28, 2015
I know what millions of Nigerians were saying about GEJ prior to the General Elections, and now he's suddenly become a "Hero" just because he called GMB to congratulate him and concede defeat.

Okay, what if GMB ascends that seat and commits so many atrocities, then call his opponent to congratulate him and concede defeat, if he contests and loses in the next General Elections? What happens? All will be forgiven?

My question: When, Where and How did the widely perceived "clueless" GEJ become a National "Hero" overnight? They called him "clueless" even on the 28th of March, and just 3 days later, on the 31st of March (just because of one phone call), they called him "Hero". How? Why the sudden upsurge?! I know Nigerians; that has already become a trend. Ascend the seat, do things with impunity, make a phone call if you lose, and all will be forgiven.

Nigeria! Do we really want to improve? What a pathetic nation! embarassed

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Dungabrazil(m): 8:58am On Apr 28, 2015
Kolade354:
Dont mind dose igbos.....they will never see anyting gud in Buhari.........Bunch of Bigot so silly lyk Apga.
. Is you family
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by verycheese: 8:59am On Apr 28, 2015
Cheap.

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by not4sure(m): 9:01am On Apr 28, 2015
Codedrunscom:

Selective reasoning. slave mentality.
Slave to Who if I may ask ? I am not selective too. Did you see that channels were 9th times best station of the year. We are talking ethics here not politics
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by nagoma(m): 9:05am On Apr 28, 2015
major466:

You need a lot of education about democracy and th freedom of press in a Presidential system of government. Did i hear you say fox news were professional in their work What is professional about calling someone derogative names Clearly you dont watch fox news.

Why are you hyperventilating over this issue and even regarding this mischievous and hateful AIT as a professional media organization? AIT was bought and paid for by the corruption cabal of Nigeria and they went all out in the most vicious and malignant campaign of calumny on the person of Muhammadu Buhari. The slander, defamation and the injury they heaped on that man and his family is still fresh on our minds. You don't expect him to welcome and embrace these treacherous and venomous evil outfit, and the criminal characters they represent. I admire magnanimity in victory, I love forgiving people but in this case I will urge Buhari to ddistant himself from the diabolical and spiteful AIT. I will go as far as urging him (when he becomes president) to ensure that this arm of corruption called AIT is submerged and suffocated economically and for good- nonsense .
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by babajero(m): 9:07am On Apr 28, 2015
iliyande:
by the time he will bar and force t he shut down of nairaland, by then you will know he hates freedom of speech and he likes dictating what happens and is to be disserminated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Biggest Scandals That Rocked Nigeria In 2017 / London Judge Orders Confiscation Of $130M From Ex-governor Ibori / Sani Yerima For Trial By ICPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.