Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,730 members, 7,824,062 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. (27280 Views)

The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos / More Pictorial Confirmation Of APC Shameless Act That Land Inec Official into tr / Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by PapiWata: 6:57am On Apr 28, 2015
Enjoy your approaching era of slavery and terror under the Boko Haram organizer Buhari, Nigeria.

The "change" you muffukus requested has arrived, and soon, many common citizens and politicians alike will rue the day they were born, as they watch their illiterate "President for Life" strip away all the rights and freedoms they had taken for granted under past democracies.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 28, 2015
i wish he had even bannish dem frm nigeria sef.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by after1: 7:07am On Apr 28, 2015
[s]
PapiWata:
Enjoy your approaching era of slavery and terror under the Boko Haram organizer Buhari, Nigeria.

The "change" you muffukus requested has arrived, and soon, many common citizens and politicians alike will rue the day they were born, as they watch their illiterate President for Life" strip away all the rights and freedoms they had taken for granted under past democracies.
[/s]

9 Likes

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by vanilson(m): 7:26am On Apr 28, 2015
This AiT obviously needs to take fresh courses on media professionalism from channels TV.
No room for quacks in this dispensation

4 Likes

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Mynd44: 7:31am On Apr 28, 2015
major466:

You need a lot of education about democracy and th freedom of press in a Presidential system of government. Did i hear you say fox news were professional in their work What is professional about calling someone derogative names Clearly you dont watch fox news.
Please answer this. Have you ever seen Obama on Fox news giving an interview?

That's what Buhari did. He cut access to AIT. He can do that

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by cardoso111(m): 7:32am On Apr 28, 2015
Iff that report is true,then Nina should brace up for a Jagaban dictator!

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 28, 2015
Absolute nonentity
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by OzMingle(m): 7:32am On Apr 28, 2015
Before Buhari, I earlier barred watching or viewing AIT in my family and houses!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by odomanis: 7:33am On Apr 28, 2015
We said it. They said that was military era. That he wont do it under democracy. He even said he is a converted democrat. Now he has started.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by 9ousky: 7:33am On Apr 28, 2015
Well thank God u said opinion.... because Its all trash...

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by romooluwa(m): 7:33am On Apr 28, 2015
I don't understand why some people are saying it is anaffront on media freedom... Did the president elect ban every media house?? The media house that has been told to take a break from covering the president elect's activities should rather reconsider their ways and make progressive changes... Bad journalism is one of the myriad of problems we have

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Pigin1: 7:34am On Apr 28, 2015
We warned them about this
jihadist but they wont listen...
Now decree 4 has started with
AIT.
Watching in 10D.. Next social media!!!!! Seun sorry!!!
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by slimzypink(f): 7:35am On Apr 28, 2015
AIT mocked Buhari's dead wife and daughter for months because of politics & you are here talking about Freedom of the Press. Awon ode.

You People shud not just piss me off dis morning.. carry on Mr president!!!
Nobody is questioning why AIT championed d hate campaign against Buhari but asking why he bounced dem at his event

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 28, 2015
Dumb analysis. undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by texalux(m): 7:36am On Apr 28, 2015
All those rubbish AIT did to him during election campaign can they do it to your mama? Kwaizy Ediot! I tink AIT should be sent parking from this country entirely they were a disgrace to the entire media houses, if you don't lke what thr presient did then go hang urself amature people. Ediot!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by adconline(m): 7:36am On Apr 28, 2015
iliyande:
Sorry, not tribalism, but Igbos are trying so hard to find a fault from buhari. Why? He will assume his duty in may why in hurry? For now he have every right to his privacy.
No tribalism and u just singled out Igbos for a write-up that has nothing to do with Igbos. Is AIT owned by Igbos? Why are Nigerians bereft of common sense? Why don't u tackle OP's points?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by samflex(m): 7:36am On Apr 28, 2015
Very funny, so someone doesn't have any right to take personal decisions abi? He didn't ban ait but he barred them from covering his personal activities....BARRED not BAN Take note please.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by pharmadoctor(m): 7:37am On Apr 28, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

You are obviously still not over GEJ's election loss. Don't worry, time will heal your pain. In the meantime, prepare to endure this 'dictator' for the next 4years, after all Nigerians endured your clueless GEJ for 6 good years and heaven did not fall. grin

on point

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by effeoghene(m): 7:38am On Apr 28, 2015
Jonathan didnt bar The Nation Newspapers for all the lies they told about him.
Buhari' dictative tendencies will be His Undoing.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by texalux(m): 7:38am On Apr 28, 2015
romooluwa:
I don't understand why some people are saying it is anaffront on media freedom... Did the president elect ban every media house?? The media house that has been told to take a break from covering the president elect's activities should rather reconsider their ways and make progressive changes... Bad journalism is one of the myriad of problems we have
good of u jawe go ahead gmb

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by tcaandrew: 7:38am On Apr 28, 2015
iliyande:
Sorry, not tribalism, but Igbos are trying so hard to find a fault from buhari. Why? He will assume his duty in may why in hurry? For now he have every right to his privacy.
pls if u dnt have something meaningful to contribute pls get de f#ck out here already what does tribalism have to do in dis matter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by mrfree(m): 7:39am On Apr 28, 2015
major466:
Pls bear with me if you find my writeup a bit disorganized. My tablet is yet to arive so am using a small phone to write this piece to express maself about recent development. Thanks for understanding.

I was thrown into a deep shock when i read in the news that President elect, M. Buhari bared media house AIT from covering his activities. Though i wasnt surprised by his action, i was surprise because he's already showing the true nature we knew he was even before swearing in. What sort of democrat bar a media house from covering public activities? Does he think the office of President is he's private property? Who does he think he is? A king? Does he know the meaning of a public servant? Maybe not. Why he's semi illitrate, if not he would have understood that in democracy, the office of the president is not only accountable to the people but also to the Press. That is why freedom of the Press is one of the shining lights of democracy as a form of govenment.

This singular act by Buhari to bar a media organization from covering his activities as president elect just comfirm that he's still the same old dictator that he was 32 years ago. A liar who lied to the world in Chatam house that he was a democrat, banning a media house from covering his activities because of a documentary? Very childish and imature indeed! Does he know what democracy is all about? If he feels pained by a documentary then he has no business in politics.

I remember vividly during the US presidential campaign of 2008 when Fox News network castigated Obama to a point of no return. They made fun of him, ridicule him, called him monkey, fueled his birth certificate issues to the extend that almost got most Americans asking questions about his true country of birth. In the end he had to surrender his birth certificate to the press (unlike Buhari and his school certificate mess). It was a scandal. Plus the many other systematic attacks against his candidacy. Fox news people are racist. Those of you who watched that channel during and after the Presidential campaigns will know what am talking about. But ever since Barack Obama won the Presidency of the United States, not ones did Obama vent out his anger to revenge against fox news. Why? Because he understood the principles of democracy. As a private individual no media house will bother you. But as soon as you become a politician, the eyes of the press makes a microscopic look at your personality. The media will not only scrutinize your past but will also go way back in time to study your childhood background. Any shocking revelation will be brought to the public front. That is the way it is in democracy especially in advance societies like USA. Even our dear GEJ was not speared from the hard scrutinizing lens of the press, sometimes personal and insulting attacks against him. Did he ever vent out his anger by baring them from covering his activities? No. Why? Because he like Obama understood the principles of Democracy. He understood that press freedom is paramount in democracy. Thats why Nigerians of all ages can express themselves freely without fear of being arrested. This is the beauty of Democracy and freedom. For Buhari to lower himself like a child who got his azz kicked by his cousin to trample upon Freedom of Press shows that he's nothing but thesame old dictator in civilian clothes.
Just like someone said, like OBJ like Buhari. Both dictators in civilian clothing.

BTW, I hear many Buhari followers giving excuses that he has the right to bar AIT citing privacy as reasons. Sure i completely agree that every individual on the planet deserves the right to privacy. That ofcouse is a fundamental human right. But they however failed to note that as soon as an individual becomes a public official in the position of a President elect, privacy becomes a secondary issue. Infact privacy is not an excuss to bar a media organization from performing its function by investigating Buhari's activites as president elect.

Rubbish!!!

After all AIT did to tarnish his image, If Na you wetin you go do? you go do pass that one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by shcash: 7:39am On Apr 28, 2015
[size=48pt]This will be a lesson to other medias, never to accept/broadcast propaganda that tarnishes individual personal image just because they are been paid plenty money.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by adconline(m): 7:39am On Apr 28, 2015
Mynd44:

Please answer this. Have you ever seen Obama on Fox news giving an interview?

That's what Buhari did. He cut access to AIT. He can do that
Yes, idiot! He has been on Bill O'Reily a couple of times! Fox News crew is also represented in WH Press Team

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by micolaj: 7:39am On Apr 28, 2015
Blind Hypocrisy and irrational sentiment have clouded TaNOIDS' reasoning. In their own UNIVERSE, what AIT did, was highly proffesional and decorous. SHAME

3 Likes

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by iliyande(m): 7:40am On Apr 28, 2015
adconline:

No tribalism and u just singled out Igbos for a write-up that has nothing to do with Igbos. Is AIT owned by Igbos? Why are Nigerians bereft of common sense? Why don't u tackle OP's points?

I'm not tribalistic that's why I won't take on you. Sorry bro.

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 28, 2015
Tradesrunner:

Haters go and die

Hypocrites, go and die.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by knoph2007: 7:41am On Apr 28, 2015
GEJ, a democrat?

Liar. He forced all Nigeria back to work during peaceful protest with soldiers. What Buhari has done is personal, not with the office of presidency.

GEJ did his with office of the presidency.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by pharmadoctor(m): 7:41am On Apr 28, 2015
sorry dude

1 Like

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by cardoso111(m): 7:42am On Apr 28, 2015
dearpreye:

Hypocrites, go and die.
The Return of a jagaban dictator

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 28, 2015
micolaj:
Blind Hypocrisy and irrational sentiment have clouded TaNOIDS' reasoning. In their own UNIVERSE, what AIT did, was highly proffesional and decorous. SHAME

And then the Granpa missed an opportunity to show maturity and democratic tenets. What he did was equally unprofessional and indecorous!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by ganye1: 7:42am On Apr 28, 2015
I don't know what the fuss is about. Governments, organisations and individuals all over the world do accredit journalist and media houses to cover their activities and the essence of accredition is always to weed out some undesirable journalist and media houses from covering their activities. As long as accreditation exists then some would be left out.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Apc’s Attack On Pastor Adeboye, A Demonstration Of Its Devilish Mind-set- PDP / 2019: How Ambode Incurred Wrath Of Lagos APC Elders / Garba Shehu: Why Shiites Protesters Are Not Intelligent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.