Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? (85841 Views)

Please How Can Someone Handle A Wife That Loves Sex So Much? / How Do You Handle A Stubborn Kid? / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Ihuomadinihu: 10:10pm On May 06, 2015
nairalife2013:
say: sorry for the men AND WOMEN that believe your grandiose foolishness. Go and speak in public and raise equality issues betwin man and woman and see the approval u will receive in certain issues. U can start from yur work place. Or yur class. Becoming one doesnt mean equality in standards.the father and the son are one but the standards are established for all to see. A helper that has turned into a thorn should be allowed to pierce the soul of her master till he slums. These days, sorry men take thier time to chose even tho they make mistakes in thier choice due to luck or careless scrutiny. Thatz why u see marriages fall apart more rampantly. Am at peace cause I chosed well and u started quoting me to force yur desires on me and my peaceful wife. Why edey pain u like this na! I tire o! Must u be this bitter against a lady whose only fault is to do things u cannot do? Nawao! Live yur life and see what u will and lets see ours, good or bad. Go listen to the song Na My Choice. E go calm u down small.
Force my choices or exposing the foolishness and coward in you? You are just typing away without being coherent. A man that believes all man should wrap a woman round his finger never makes sense no matter the volume of your posts.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by lezz(m): 10:20pm On May 06, 2015
[quote author=Ihuomadinihu post=33488063]
For your information, the name Nabal means foolishness in Hebrew. Nabal was not just foolish,he was mean,intemperate and inconsiderate.
i never disputed what his name meant neither did i say he was a nice person.
Abigali never submitted to his foolishness,by speaking out, she saved her family from the wrath of David.
Abigail was loyal to her husband to the very last. when she came to plead with David, she would have asked David to spare her and get raid of the husband. nope she came solely to plead unbehalf of her husband.
She already knew that David was going to be the next king of Israel.
Submission is not about blind obedience and subservience.
whoever[ said it was?/quote]It's appaling that a 21st century man thinks like this. Even before the coming of the white man,women had enough respect and right like men.
you are an Ibo lady and you and i know a woman do not inherit her fathers land or building at any point in history- not before the white man came or after he left.

man or woman should all have the same right for sure. but man should have added previlage as they take up more responsibilities than women.
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by lastpage: 10:21pm On May 06, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Let this be the last time you would quote me sha. Go and preach that trash to your sisters.

Okay this is the last time l will quote you, l thought you are a sensible thing not knowing that it is one of those "one-husband-nor-full cupboard stuffs" ! wink wink

Thunder and Amadioha scatter your head, if you then quote me! undecided

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by delishpot: 10:34pm On May 06, 2015
cococandy:
In summary she understands that any man who tortures you, beats you, brings other women into your home, get angry for no reason and locks you out in the rain just to test you is the ideal man. grin

I've heard it.
Pls do the same to your wife o.

Encourage your sons-in-law to do the same to your daughters too. You know that's the great way to behave and any woman who can't take such treatment is a failure.

You've the nerve to call people better than you 'burnt brains' when you and others like you should be in a psych ward.
Our people say it is the mad man that first call the same one 'mad'.

Gbam! Abeg make we live in peace oooo. Women are human beings too Oooo. Anyhoe, any man thar maltreats my sweet daughter physicaly or psychologicaly in the name of test will also get double decker test from me too. At least I have to know if he is also as calm and inlove with my princess too Abi doesnt she deserve to test too?

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by zeb04(f): 10:47pm On May 06, 2015
To prove how "manly" you are,you have insulted and rubbished the woman you claim to love. You are less than a man,you are a pig.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by nairalife2013(m): 11:16pm On May 06, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Force my choices or exposing the foolishness and coward in you? You are just typing away without being coherent. A man that believes all man should wrap a woman round his finger never makes sense no matter the volume of your posts.
"force my choices" thatz not what u believe in na. My choice of companionship is in my making. Not yours. If marriage is an institution and I bring a lady into the preliminary chambers and state my likes and dislikes and inform her going against those tenets would certainly bring me and the institution to our knees and she is adamant on executing her own destructive terms and desires, isnt that a wrong woman worth sending to the cleaners to learn the ways. Am living my life cool now cause I took time to sieve thro the park. I live with my wife with a high sense of equality because she respects and adore me with uncommon love only a few women can lay claims to. U sound like a lady of advanced age whose life has seen some rough days with men and is bent on keeping it so due to pride and overzealous desires for what cannot me. Following a man up and down to keep a ridiculous ideal afloat when u are supposed to cuddle in yur man's arms at this time of the nite is a pointer to the kind of life u lead. Others with worthwhile responsibilit ies have scampered cause thier chubbies are back and need thier time but u, with all u claim u are worth, are still bent on having a tko on me. My confi sect will do d rest while am at work moro. Perhaps u could learn a thing from her own feminine words.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by initiate: 11:31pm On May 06, 2015
netsurf:
How best to handle a stubborn wife...when I say stubborn, I mean very stubborn...she doesn't listen nor take any advice or order from her husband...doesn't respect the man's opinion about anything...

On the few occasions, when she accepts she was wrong, she also want to be the judge in her own case. If the husband airs his opinion about any subject, she would insist she consult google for her to believe. It's no exaggeration...this is how exactly she behaves.

Please note that she was the epitome of an humble woman before the wedding but as soon as the wedding bell rang, she became another thing entirely.

Please anyone with good idea on how to handle such women before divorce option?

get drunk one night and beat the hell out of her, when she is weeping you join her and start begging her and blaming the drink and blaming the devil and promise not to do it again

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by nairalife2013(m): 11:43pm On May 06, 2015
Ihuomadinihu, the last time someone asked u how old u are u pretended u didn't see the post. Go back there and answer him then come back here for my terminal judgement on u. Now go! I thot u were actually married sef. Dont be a crusader for feminist societies! Such females have male hormones! But they are the last to know this and the mixture makes thier sense of judgement rather complex and self-irritating. Was forced to check yur profile. Many before u hav gone haywire for it, ending up at old age with nothing more than a petcat, a sewing needle and a wrap of wool in an apparently empty home.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Ngokafor(f): 12:20am On May 07, 2015
...I only pity the gullible and narrow-minded males that will try @nairalife2013's rubbish in real life...

..Try his method and you will all grow old and die single and alone...clownish psychos angry

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by nairalife2013(m): 1:26am On May 07, 2015
Those who go the extreme must be sure of themselves and what they are doing. @Ngokafor, there are people who stretch farther than the rest. Some women love being unconditionally obedient and respectful to men. Thatz their nature. They can never abuse, workout on or spit at som1, no matter the provocation. They have tongues that only speak of peace and apologies. Thier joy is in caring for all and thier pride is in mediation aided by feminine powers. I know of many of such ladies who would quietly walk away in the face of confrontation, even when they were innocent and should atleast exchange a few invectives with the antagonist to register thier uprightness . I needed that type and if I went the extreme distance to get it, itz all for my good and that of my kids and even my wife.
Dont do like me.
My wife had her own way of appraising me: If am obedient and respectful and feminine to the core, what could be my longterm benefit and that of my kids from this man. Is there any reason to shore up with him? He is more than me in wisdom, age, wealth and everything. Am extremely proud of him and so much inlove. Should I let my longborne pride rub me of his love and care. I am a woman, I must get what I want not by might...
Just this evening, I was in the tennis court when my wife called that she took her suv to the carwash and I should take that route on my way back from the club so she can join me home. When I got there I met an old freind long lost sipping some beverage at a table in the adjoining pavilion. We three sat there and had a chat for about two hours. All the while, my concentration was on my wife and my wife's on me and we held eachother to serries of our usuall ribcracking conversation. As we all made to depart the place, The guy told me to my wife's hearing "man, I see this kind of relationship mostly in movies. This is more than a marriage. This for sure is somthingelse." My wife just smile at him. I smiled too at him. We hear that always from all sorts of folks! Our minds were just eager to be let alone asap so we can continue chating and laffing and my wife would have more space to continue forming baby and cuddling in my arms an on my shoulder. My wife is a rare breed that cannot survive a day without talking to me or putting her head on my shoulder or holding my hand. If u like shove her away, she will spontaneously come bak to the spot immediately thereafter, like a little girl to her mother! She is incapable of habouring malice in her heart for the sun to return and meet. Only God can explain her ways for mortals to understand. U do not know what I found. I didnt have a penny to her knowledge when I was courting her. I choosed to live in a room apartment that had no lavatory inside. We took our bath in a tapolin enclosure with other tenants. it was my choice! I dont toy with my wife. Anytime I spoke and got angry and keep malice when we were dating, She would cry and beg till I change my mind. She would sit one place and sober up till u become the one weeping and begging her to cheer up. And as soon as u say that, u see her remarkably pretty face lighting up like the spring pix of a wellpainted artwork!
Am not saying men should beat thier wives. Am not saying women should be stubborn and careless to macho plight. Am advicing all to make thier beds well as they chose- while there is time, and pray for luck and chance ever after.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Ewuro4: 1:53am On May 07, 2015
nairalife2013:
Those who go the extreme must be sure of themselves and what they are doing. @Ngokafo, there are people who stretch farther than the rest. Some women love being unconditionally obedient and respectful to men. Thatz their nature. They can never abuse, workout on or spit at som1, no matter the provocation. They have tongues that only speak of peace and apologies. Thier joy is in caring for all and thier pride is in mediation aided by feminine powers. I know of many of such ladies who would quietly walk away in the face of confrontation, even when they were innocent and should atleast exchange a few invectives with the antagonist to register thier uprightness . I needed that type and if I went the extreme distance to get it, itz all for my good and that of all. Dont do like me. My wife had her own way of appraising me. If am obedient and respectful and feminine to the core, what could be my longterm benefit and that of my kids from this man. Is there any reason to shore up with this? He is more than me in wisdom, age, wealth and everything. Am extremely proud of him and so much inlove. Should I let my longborne pride rub me of his love and care. I am a woman, I must get what I want not by might...
Just this evening,I was in the tennis court when my wife called that she took her suv to the carwash and I should take that route on my way back from the club so she can join me home. When I got there I met an old freind sipping some beverage at a table in the adjoining pavilion. We three sat there and had a chat for about two hours. All the while, my concentration was on my wife and my wife's on me and we held eachother to serries of our usuall ribcracking conversation. As we all made to depart the place, The guy told me to my wife's hearing "man, I see this kind of relationship mostly in movies. This is more than a marriage. This for sure is somthingelse." My wife just smile at him. I smiled too at him. We hear that always from all sorts of folks! Our minds eager to be let alone asap so we can continue chating and laffing and my wife would have more space to continue forming baby and cuddling in my arms an on my shoulder. My wife is a rare breed that cannot survive a day without talking to me or putting her head on my shoulder or holding my hand. If u like shove her away, she will spontaneously come bak to the spot immediately thereafter, like a little girl to her mother! She is incapable of habouring malice in her heart for the sun to return and meet. Only God can explain her ways for mortals to understand. Just forget it and go and rest!

WoW... She's an African Queen grin grin lipsrsealed cool (I hear gals curse my name cheesy)

I'm all for Submission in marriage but not bullying & taunting in guise of 'testing for a marriage material' as illustrated in your second post.

Whatever rocks your boat man. I'm only worried about her, and As long as she's happy and not concealing her true feelings... Then .. Who ARE THEY/WE to question your motive?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Nobody: 2:01am On May 07, 2015
nairalife2013:
Those who go the extreme must be sure of themselves and what they are doing. @Ngokafor, there are people who stretch farther than the rest. Some women love being unconditionally obedient and respectful to men. Thatz their nature. They can never abuse, workout on or spit at som1, no matter the provocation. They have tongues that only speak of peace and apologies. Thier joy is in caring for all and thier pride is in mediation aided by feminine powers. I know of many of such ladies who would quietly walk away in the face of confrontation, even when they were innocent and should atleast exchange a few invectives with the antagonist to register thier uprightness . I needed that type and if I went the extreme distance to get it, itz all for my good and that of all. Dont do like me. My wife had her own way of appraising me. If am obedient and respectful and feminine to the core, what could be my longterm benefit and that of my kids from this man. Is there any reason to shore up with this? He is more than me in wisdom, age, wealth and everything. Am extremely proud of him and so much inlove. Should I let my longborne pride rub me of his love and care. I am a woman, I must get what I want not by might...
Just this evening,I was in the tennis court when my wife called that she took her suv to the carwash and I should take that route on my way back from the club so she can join me home. When I got there I met an old freind sipping some beverage at a table in the adjoining pavilion. We three sat there and had a chat for about two hours. All the while, my concentration was on my wife and my wife's on me and we held eachother to serries of our usuall ribcracking conversation. As we all made to depart the place, The guy told me to my wife's hearing "man, I see this kind of relationship mostly in movies. This is more than a marriage. This for sure is somthingelse." My wife just smile at him. I smiled too at him. We hear that always from all sorts of folks! Our minds eager to be let alone asap so we can continue chating and laffing and my wife would have more space to continue forming baby and cuddling in my arms an on my shoulder. My wife is a rare breed that cannot survive a day without talking to me or putting her head on my shoulder or holding my hand. If u like shove her away, she will spontaneously come bak to the spot immediately thereafter, like a little girl to her mother! She is incapable of habouring malice in her heart for the sun to return and meet. Only God can explain her ways for mortals to understand. Just forget it and go and rest!

Get your wife help. She is NOT normal.

She must have suffered some severe psychological damage as a child to have lost all traces of self worth as a person or woman.

You think you got the 'best' but if I were you I will worry. Such a woman raising kids cannot be good.

What happens if you die tomorrow? How will she manage your home and take care of the kids. Because you portray her as a completely useless being whose sole purpose is to worship at your feet.

As for you, I can only think with dread what kind of sons (and daughters) you will raise.

You are a narcissit with severe pyscopatic characteristics. People like you (and your wife) should not be raising children.

. . . . No offence!

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by nairalife2013(m): 2:09am On May 07, 2015
Wedon:

Get your wife help. She is NOT normal.

She must have suffered some severe psychological damage as a child to have lost all traces of self worth as a person or woman.

You think you got the 'best' but if I were you I will worry. Such a woman raising kids cannot be good.

What happens if you die tomorrow? How will she manage your home and take care of the kids. Because you portray her as a completely useless being whose sole purpose is to worship at your feet.

As for you, I can only think with dread what kind of sons (and daughters) you will raise.

You are a narcissit with severe pyscopatic characteristics. People like you (and your wife) should not be raising children.

. . . . No offence!
my wife is a medical personnel working in a federal establishment. She has made several successful goes at a few companies before deciding to pitch tent with d feds. Apart from her regular job, She airs periodic medical report for africare, she studies round the clock to meet up with the next interview or presentation; she cordinates for unicef and other health-related ngos in areas of rural paediatric and midwifery services . She is not lazy pls. I pity her but she sees it as nothing. Am a surveyor running corporate real estate jobs for various bodies and individuals. We are doingVERY well, my dear. U DONT KNOW THE KIND OF LADY U ARE TALKING ABOUT. LET ALONE KNOWING ME AND MY KIDS. WE PRAY EVERYDAY NOT FOR OURSELVES BUT FOR OTHERS LIKE FEW HERE, AM NOT MENTIONING NAMES PLS. THATZ HOW BLESSED WE ARE AND WOULD CONTINUE TO BE- EVEN AT MY DEPARTURE. I CAN SIT IN MY HOUSE AND SLEEP AND PLAY WITH MY KIDS WITHOUT FEAR OF HOW THEY WILL SURVIVE OR WHAT THEY WILL EAT THE NEXT MANY YEARS. THATZ ALREADY SETTLED. YET I AND MY WIFE ARE STILL WORKING HARD ROUND THE CLOCK, CAUSE ITZ PART OF OUR LIFE, IF NOT FOR US, FOR OTHER MYRIADS OF PEOPLE IN OUR CARE. u dont know what u are saying.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Stillfire: 2:26am On May 07, 2015
So you people cannot do relationships free of torture and emotional abuse?
Is it by force for Nigerian men to be in a relationship? Please remain single, hanhan.
No wonder Nigeria is in such dysfunction.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by 5minsmadness: 7:15am On May 07, 2015
nairalife2013:
my wife is a medical personnel working in a federal establishment. She has made several successful goes at a few companies before deciding to pitch tent with d feds. Apart from her regular job, She airs periodic medical report for africare, she studies round the clock to meet up with the next interview or presentation; she cordinates for unicef and other health-related ngos in areas of rural paediatric and midwifery services . She is not lazy pls. I pity her but she sees it as nothing. Am a surveyor running corporate real estate jobs for various bodies and individuals. We are doingVERY well, my dear. U DONT KNOW THE KIND OF LADY U ARE TALKING ABOUT. LET ALONE KNOWING ME AND MY KIDS. WE PRAY EVERYDAY NOT FOR OURSELVES BUT FOR OTHERS LIKE FEW HERE, AM NOT MENTIONING NAMES PLS. THATZ HOW BLESSED WE ARE AND WOULD CONTINUE TO BE- EVEN AT MY DEPARTURE. I CAN SIT IN MY HOUSE AND SLEEP AND PLAY WITH MY KIDS WITHOUT FEAR OF HOW THEY WILL SURVIVE OR WHAT THEY WILL EAT THE NEXT MANY YEARS. THATZ ALREADY SETTLED. YET I AND MY WIFE ARE STILL WORKING HARD ROUND THE CLOCK, CAUSE ITZ PART OF OUR LIFE, IF NOT FOR US, FOR OTHER MYRIADS OF PEOPLE IN OUR CARE. u dont know what u are saying.

Bros you don't need to continue answering them. You know women always want to have the final word. Those of us that got the moral from your message know what we have gained. Pls leave these girls alone biko. Let them have the last word it will make them feel so much better. It's what they do.
Thanks sir.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Ihuomadinihu: 7:17am On May 07, 2015
[quote author=lezz post=33489528][/quote]
What have you written that makes sense here? Submission is not foolishness. Stop twisting the bible cos it never said women should submit to an intimidating husband. You are one of those men that will lead a woman to hellfire in the name of submission. That definition of submission should never exist in the world.
As for being igbo. Igbo cultire is not practically ran by men. Women in the past stood up against foolish submission and stupidity from men. There were numerous women groups that were in place to discipline men that maltreated their wives.
Women even took up titles seperate from their husband's identity. Women were bread winners,great merchants and community heads. If you are a ''true igbo'' person,who should know that your ancestors never belittled women. Women were adored and never intimidated. 'Ala' was/is an Igbo female goddess,a central authority in Igboland. Nobody broke or underestimidated her laws. Breaking her laws attracted serious punishment. Men never intimidated their wives,the least the can do is to inform her parents or the village elders.
As for property,all igbo societies are not patriarchal. There are societies that surrender their properties to their daughters instead of the sons,cos the believe and know that Nwanyi bu ife! There are places were a woman will take titles and sit in place of their fathers. Don't assume that Igbo societies are the same,they are very diverse.
Most of these nonesense against women began during and after colonialism.
According to history in old Igboland,the day you lift you fingers against your wife that will be the end of the marriage. The wife's people are free to do anything to you not to talk of when you intimidate her into submission. There is a community that i know,according to history,no man maltreats her girls in the past. Cos she will come home,take your children and remarry immediately.
All these nonsense started with colonialism cos the whiteman says women should be seen not heard.
That's pure nonesense. Go and ask people how women operated in ancient igbo cultures.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Ihuomadinihu: 7:22am On May 07, 2015
nairalife2013:
Ihuomadinihu, the last time someone asked u how old u are u pretended u didn't see the post. Go back there and answer him then come back here for my terminal judgement on u. Now go! I thot u were actually married sef. Dont be a crusader for feminist societies! Such females have male hormones! But they are the last to know this and the mixture makes thier sense of judgement rather complex and self-irritating. Was forced to check yur profile. Many before u hav gone haywire for it, ending up at old age with nothing more than a petcat, a sewing needle and a wrap of wool in an apparently empty home.
Still rubbish! Same repetitive nonesense!

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Ihuomadinihu: 7:31am On May 07, 2015
nairalife2013:
"force my choices" thatz not what u believe in na. My choice of companionship is in my making. Not yours. If marriage is an institution and I bring a lady into the preliminary chambers and state my likes and dislikes and inform her going against those tenets would certainly bring me and the institution to our knees and she is adamant on executing her own destructive terms and desires, isnt that a wrong woman worth sending to the cleaners to learn the ways. Am living my life cool now cause I took time to sieve thro the park. I live with my wife with a high sense of equality because she respects and adore me with uncommon love only a few women can lay claims to. U sound like a lady of advanced age whose life has seen some rough days with men and is bent on keeping it so due to pride and overzealous desires for what cannot me. Following a man up and down to keep a ridiculous ideal afloat when u are supposed to cuddle in yur man's arms at this time of the nite is a pointer to the kind of life u lead. Others with worthwhile responsibilit ies have scampered cause thier chubbies are back and need thier time but u, with all u claim u are worth, are still bent on having a tko on me. My confi sect will do d rest while am at work moro. Perhaps u could learn a thing from her own feminine words.
Haha! You sit in your house and assume my age cos i trashed your rubbish analogy. This is not about you and your dolly,it 's about trashing a myth that you must test and batter a woman into submission. It is about the numerous boys that will read and believe the nonesense you have written. Let your daughter become a guinea pig for another man but not all women will take that nonesense from any man. It is about your inferiority complex that a woman should be seen and not heard. That a woman has no mind of her own inspite of her educational or material qualifications. You already confessed you had a rough childhood,a bitter experience with women in your life. It is a pity that your doll baby has to bear the burnt of your psychological trauma

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Ihuomadinihu: 7:35am On May 07, 2015
nairalife2013:
Your riches,ability to pray does not make you a responsible or real man. After,it's a man's responsibility to provide for the family. Even if your wife is working and earning a salary,it does not mean she is ok with your intimidating habits. Haven't you seen women that swallow every rubbish from their husbands for a reason. That reason will soon catch up with you. Go and learn how to maintain a marriage with psychological abuse and intimidation.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Ralphlauren(m): 7:42am On May 07, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Still rubbish! Same repetitive nonesense!

That psycho will be back to reply you.

The way he keeps going back and forth with you and insisting he has the last word shows how dysfunctional he is.

Have you noticed how he has started sugar coating his posts? Making his wife sound like she's got the 'rosiest' life ever?

A man that could humiliate his "wife" so much - both physically and emotionally. Your guess is as good as mine about what he does to her in their "home" and how scared, unhappy and pretentious his so called marriage is. What he's got ain't a wife but a woman that's basically a damaged product. I won't be surprised if she's a victim of domestic violence and under several manipulation from the psycho.

He claims to be wealthy, yet he has admitted to having total control over his wife's salary and how it's spent. Smh!!! I guess he feels he owns her. Afterall, it was under his roof she completed her education.

I repeat that dude is SICK and a psycho and he and his poor "wife" need HELP. Asap!

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by lezz(m): 8:43am On May 07, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

What have you written that makes sense here? Submission is not foolishness. Stop twisting the bible cos it never said women should submit to an intimidating husband.
I only pointed out Abigail's virtues which so many a modern woman lacks. It is a pure account of the recorded gospel. you are the one guilty of misrepresentation of biblical facts when you alluded David was already king when he met Abigail and that Abigail left her husband.
You are one of those men that will lead a woman to hellfire in the name of submission. That definition of submission should never exist in the world.
could point me to where i defined submitssion directly or implicitly?
As for being igbo. Igbo cultire is not practically ran by men. Women in the past stood up against foolish submission and stupidity from men. There were numerous women groups that were in place to discipline men that maltreated their wives
Ibo community has always have female deities , like ancient Greece and Rome. It doesn't change the fact that ibo cimmunities are ran by men. women do not partake in age grade meetings or umunna gatherings where serious decisions are taken. neither are they part of the igwe's council. you can point me to an ibo community that has a different socio-economic settings
Women even took up titles seperate from their husband's identity. Women were bread winners,great merchants and community heads. If you are a ''true igbo'' person,who should know that your ancestors never belittled women.
it is my belief ibo women are the most pampered in nigeria. and women in nigerian communities are never belittled, except maybe those who have lost their feminine grace
Women were adored and never intimidated. 'Ala' was/is an Igbo female goddess,a central authority in Igboland. Nobody broke or underestimidated her laws. Breaking her laws attracted serious punishment. Men never intimidated their wives,the least the can do is to inform her parents or the village elders.
As for property,all igbo societies are not patriarchal. There are societies that surrender their properties to their daughters instead of the sons,cos the believe and know that Nwanyi bu ife! There are places were a woman will take titles and sit in place of their fathers. Don't assume that Igbo societies are the same,they are very diverse.
Most of these nonesense against women began during and after colonialism.
According to history in old Igboland,the day you lift you fingers against your wife that will be the end of the marriage. The wife's people are free to do anything to you not to talk of when you intimidate her into submission. There is a community that i know,according to history,no man maltreats her girls in the past. Cos she will come home,take your children and remarry immediately.
All these nonsense started with colonialism cos the whiteman says women should be seen not heard.
That's pure nonesense. Go and ask people how women operated in ancient igbo cultures.
Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by lezz(m): 8:59am On May 07, 2015
nairalife2013:
Ouch!!! That hurts. All i see are sad, aging females in a selfish alliance to misleed young ladies and turn them into domestic rebels.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Ihuomadinihu: 9:02am On May 07, 2015
[quote author=lezz post=33498387][/quote]
Pls go and read and stop trolling for lesuire cos you 've ran out of valid points.
The story of Abigali is just one of those stories used in subjugating and intimidating women into tolerating a foolish indisciplined husband. The bible did not command women to stay under a coward who would manipulate her to obey him. Abigali's appreciation and understanding of David's might saved her household. She knew David would be the King of Israel soon and he was far better than Nabal. The Bible never said a wife should be intimidated into submission.
As for Igbo,Igbo culture is not only ran by men,women are human beings and stakeholders in Igbo culture. Stop twisting both Biblical and traditional values to fit into your definition of a wife.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Ihuomadinihu: 9:04am On May 07, 2015
lezz:
Ouch!!! That hurts. All i see are sad, aging females in a selfish alliance to misleed young ladies and turn them into domestic rebels.
Lol,what hurts? Your inability to see that women should not be manipulated by mere laws to stick to a foolish man is what is hurting both of you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Ihuomadinihu: 9:07am On May 07, 2015
If you know a woman that foolishly stayed and slaved under a man in the Bible. Pls share it with us. We are curious.
Historically and Biblical,women were even used to bring down a man that refused to harken to God's word.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by vicoson(m): 9:14am On May 07, 2015
The reason why we have so many failed marriages is because we have more sick people than normal, healthy and mentally stable people. Having said that, this is what I think of @ nairalife and co:

1. Unaccountable: Those women that could not give you the other cheek are bad people- it couldn't have been your fault.

2. Too proud: Women should not desire good partners

3. Hypocrite: You can give but cannot take poo.

4. Morally bankrupt: Who can put up with

my bad character. After all we are a reflection of our partners.

I may be wrong though. But under normal circumstance, just being good should be enough to keep a family together.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by XKZ(m): 9:25am On May 07, 2015
netsurf:

we were having a discussion about how drugs are manufactured and I said scientist delibrately use either a dead human or live as 'guinea pigs' to test efficacy of drugs before it's realesed into the market for consumption...she shouted..it's a lie...then I tried explaining to her by giving examples of what I have seen and read...the next thing she said is untill she consult google, she cannot believe what i said. Another instance came when she developed some skin rashes which has failed to respond to so many prescribed drugs...then I said we should consider blood tonics and that she should start eating more of fruits and vegetables to strenghten her immune system...she said it has nothing to do with her blood and tha it's just a skin disease...then I tried explaining what I know about skin and the veins that supplies blood to the skin...she responded by carying her phone and before you can blink, she was already on google...that day, everything I said about the skin and her skin issue was exactly on google. Rather than become sober, she still insist that she only belives because google said so. Then it occured to me in a flash that she might not respect not only my opinion but everything I stand for.

Look on the bright side, she thought enough of your opinion to bother googling it.
Would you have preferred she dismiss it off hand? Or agreed with you during the discussion but ignore your advice and not apply it.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by lezz(m): 9:29am On May 07, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol,what hurts? Your inability to see that women should not be manipulated by mere laws to stick to a foolish man is what is hurting both of you.
grin you have never asked what my views are about women. and i am rarely sad on an online forum. REASON: I have come to understand that most cyber bullies are real nice people in real life. it is easier to rant and rage in the shadows of internet world where there is no eye contact, body language and voice tone to be deciphered.

THAT BEING SAID, women have ever always been inherently powerful. it is ideas like yours that make them not only weak but sad and eventually unfulfilled in life.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Ihuomadinihu: 9:46am On May 07, 2015
lezz:
grin you have never asked what my views are about women. and i am rarely sad on an online forum. REASON: I have come to understand that most cyber bullies are real nice people in real life. it is easier to rant and rage in the shadows of internet world where there is no eye contact, body language and voice tone to be deciphered.

THAT BEING SAID, women have ever always been inherently powerful. it is ideas like yours that make them not only weak but sad and eventually unfulfilled in life.
Figuratively,you talk with two sides of your mouth. Why should i seek for your views,when the little you have written here defines how you see submission in marriage. I repeat, 'submission is not a child like obedience which lacks responsibility for one's actions''. This is situated in the context of a man intimidating a woman to obey his presence in a union. Every other thing you are saying here is just a matter of inference. I don't mind if you think am being an online bully,this still depicts how you view women that speak up when you would rather they ''shut up''.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Nobody: 10:18am On May 07, 2015
nairalife2013:

So now she's a 'medical personel' . . .

I find it hard to reconcile the person you painted above to the one you described you beat up and locked out in the rain. You see now why I say she's not normal?

You can sit behind your PC and type crap, but you must be living in delusion if you think your life is perfect.

You are a man obsessed with power and nothing good can come out of it.

So yes, I pity your kids!

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by Nobody: 10:38am On May 07, 2015
nairalife2013:

Bro, you still have time for these ladies...tot you said yesterday was the only off duty you had.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? by lezz(m): 10:50am On May 07, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Figuratively,you talk with two sides of your mouth. Why should i seek for your views,when the little you have written here defines how you see submission in marriage. I repeat, 'submission is not a child like obedience which lacks responsibility for one's actions''. This is situated in the context of a man intimidating a woman to obey his presence in a union. Every other thing you are saying here is just a matter of inference. I don't mind if you think am being an online bully,this still depicts how you view women that speak up when you would rather they ''shut up''.
I do not have double standard as i believe the man is the head of the home and his wife has certain rights as well and obligations as well.

where i differ is how a woman responds to a tough domestic situations with her husband. her response not her REACTION is all the difference that tells the virtue or foolishness of the wife.

if she reacts like you often do here; using strongly worded and crass insults on her husband , she will not only lose whatever power and influence she has with the husband , she will also lose her sense of true feminine power.

women (wives) should respond with grace, wisdom and meekness and the sweet but feminine charm that men have falling for since the event of time.

and such response are far harder to acquire than the cheap display of anger and curse words you are setting as an example.

SEE: men will always be men. nothing can change that. We shall fight wars, take risk, embark on dangerouse adventures, drive aggressively; run the rat race for power, glory and ego. TESTOSTERONE saw to these.

Today's women use their degrees and diplomas to address the issues of men, forgeting the wisdom of our mothers who never had much education but enjoyed the respect and dignity of our fathers.

IN SUMMARY: TODAY'S WOMEN LIKE YOU EQUIRED EDUCATION BUT LOST WISDOM IN THE PROCESS.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

I Feel So Suicidal Because Of My Marriage. / My Wife Sent Her Nude Photos To Zenith Bank Manager In Delta - Man Cries Out / Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.