Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You (12282 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 1:28am On Oct 24, 2005
layi:

His statement is logical.
Witchcraft is an act. He knows the act exists. But he doesnt believe in joining them. He can't put his faith in such acts. Thats why he doesnt believe in it. Same for me.
Exactly. I was going to give him the same reply but it seems you read my mind and gave it to him instead. Weldone man! cool

@wesley, seems to me that u are giving in lil by lil. First, u said witchcraft is crap and doesn't exist. Now u are saying it exists but it's fake, .... smiley
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 1:34am On Oct 24, 2005
goodguy:

@wesley, seems to me that u are giving in lil by lil. First, u said witchcraft is crap and doesn't exist. Now u are saying it exists but it's fake, .... smiley

i said that because i was trying to be nice so you wouldn't fall to your knees and start crying. wink

anyways, those voodoo people claim to practice "witchcraft" but all they do is talk gibberish. i don't believe in it and i don't believe supernatural powers exist.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 1:37am On Oct 24, 2005
good for u wink
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 1:39am On Oct 24, 2005
thank you wink
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 1:41am On Oct 24, 2005
you're welcome.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 1:41am On Oct 24, 2005
nice wink
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 1:43am On Oct 24, 2005
cool cool
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 1:43am On Oct 24, 2005
great
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by layi(m): 1:48am On Oct 24, 2005
Wes.. u dont believe in supernatural powers exist shocked?
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 1:48am On Oct 24, 2005
nope cool
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by layi(m): 1:58am On Oct 24, 2005
Will u take up a challenge just to proove its non-existence.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 2:01am On Oct 24, 2005
the question is : will you take up a challenge just to proove its non-existence.?
to me, it's real only on TV and in stories.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by layi(m): 2:08am On Oct 24, 2005
Its my question not urs. u didnt answer it.

Anyway, just go to the nearest Eck temple and attend their meeting for a month. ur life will change. I'm not eck but it would do no harm since u dont believe in the supernatural.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 2:13am On Oct 24, 2005
what's eck
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 2:31am On Oct 24, 2005
i was just about to ask
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by layi(m): 3:38am On Oct 24, 2005
Ecks - Eckankars. Still don't know them?

I want to proove its existence.
U want to proove its non-existence.

That will settle it. By the time u r taken on soul-travel, u'll believe in the supernatural.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 3:43am On Oct 24, 2005
Now i get it, used to watch the program when i was back home. they scare the hell out of me.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 4:02am On Oct 24, 2005
as i said earlier, it's real only on TV and stories wink
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by layi(m): 4:11am On Oct 24, 2005
WesleyanA:

as i said earlier, it's real only on TV and stories wink

...why dont u go check it out? At least u'll be sure its only on TVs cheesy
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 4:14am On Oct 24, 2005
check what out. you mean go to their site or watch it on TV?
i wouldn't bother watching it on TV because i've seen better horror movies with superb "special effects"
if you mean to go there to the site, i can't do that for obvious reasons (i don't have supernatural powers). i'll rather ask them to fly to my house right now. tongue
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by layi(m): 4:39am On Oct 24, 2005
You dont have to be supernatural to go there. Just google search the nearest branch to u and prolly take a stroll down to see facts.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 5:14am On Oct 24, 2005
pssshht . . like looking through some internet "stories" is going to make me believe. heheheeh you make me laugh.

as i said, it only exist on TV and stories (written and spoken).
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by layi(m): 5:30am On Oct 24, 2005
Have i asked u to look at internet stories? Can i ask u to go to an internet site nearest to u? Hope u read my post well.

Here it is again o!
layi:

You don't have to be supernatural to go there. Just google search the nearest branch to u and prolly take a stroll down to see facts.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 5:41am On Oct 24, 2005
oh my bad. i don't think there's one close to me. if not, i would have heard about them a long time ago.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 10:46am On Oct 24, 2005
Wesley, if u still dont believe witchcraft exists, then go to India and know what's up. I'm sure u'll need no one to tell you what to believe or not. wink

By the way gurl, talking of the supernatural, EVERYONE HAS SUPERNATURAL POWERS, INCLUDING YOU!, believe it or not. cool

From your posts so far, you are talking like supernatural only means ability to turn "this" into "that" or the power to do and undo anything. My dear, "supernatural" goes a longer way than that.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2005
To y'all out there saying it's our belief in witchcraft and alike that's making Nigeria backward, that's so lame. Go to india. It is practised there than in any other parts of the world. Yet, they are one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world.

So who says it's our belief in witchcraft that makes us backward?? rolleyes
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by allonym: 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2005
really. . witchcraft is practiced a lot in India - give me an example. .

I mean, if it is more than in Nigeria - wouldn't it show up in more Indian movies? I'd hear more about it from my Indian friends than other Nigerians? . . .
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by nferyn(m): 8:53pm On Oct 24, 2005
goodguy:

To y'all out there saying it's our belief in witchcraft and alike that's making Nigeria backward, that's so lame. Go to india. It is practised there than in any other parts of the world. Yet, they are one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world.

So who says it's our belief in witchcraft that makes us backward?? rolleyes

That's a gross misrepresentation of my position (if you're addressing me, of course wink ). I do believe though that the focus on witchcraft and other supernatural nonsense is using up precious resources that could be put to positive use.

Your statement about India doesn't mean anything as it stands. Try to substantiate your position by being precise instead of throwing around generalizations. What do you mean by technologically most advanced? How does that relate to witchcraft? Where is the causal relationship? And even if you could establish that relationship, how does that have anything to do with Nigeria?

If you can elaborate on that , than you have a position to start arguing from. If not, the statement is free of content, redundant to the highest degree.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by nferyn(m): 8:57pm On Oct 24, 2005
@goodguy

Can you come back on my chinese lesson. I'm intrigued by it, I do want to learn the ancient arts grin grin grin grin
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by WesleyanA(f): 9:02pm On Oct 24, 2005
goodguy:

Wesley, if u still don't believe witchcraft exists, then go to India and know what's up. I'm sure u'll need no one to tell you what to believe or not. wink

By the way girl, talking of the supernatural, EVERYONE HAS SUPERNATURAL POWERS, INCLUDING YOU!, believe it or not. cool

From your posts so far, you are talking like supernatural only means ability to turn "this" into "that" or the power to do and undo anything. My dear, "supernatural" goes a longer way than that.

go to india? have you been there. you think it exists in India because you read/saw as i said "stories and TV". wink
just because some indians don't worship christ and practice a different religion (hinduism or whatever) doesn't make them witches.. . .
if there was rampant witchcraft in india, my friend would have told me... she's indian.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by nferyn(m): 9:05pm On Oct 24, 2005
allonym:

really. . witchcraft is practiced a lot in India - give me an example. .

I mean, if it is more than in Nigeria - wouldn't it show up in more Indian movies? I'd hear more about it from my Indian friends than other Nigerians? . . .

The funny thing is that there are quite some Indians that want to expose all these guru's withdoctors, etc. as these people prey on the poor gullible underclass and extract the little money they have left from them. I once saw a programme on National Geographic channel about the supernatural in India and the skeptics struggle to expose these frauds.

This is an interesting link:
http://www.indian-skeptic.org/html/rules.htm
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 12:02am On Oct 25, 2005
nferyn:

That's a gross misrepresentation of my position (if you're addressing me, of course wink ). I do believe though that the focus on witchcraft and other supernatural nonsense is using up precious resources that could be put to positive use.

Your statement about India doesn't mean anything as it stands. Try to substantiate your position by being precise instead of throwing around generalizations. What do you mean by technologically most advanced? How does that relate to witchcraft? Where is the causal relationship? And even if you could establish that relationship, how does that have anything to do with Nigeria?

If you can elaborate on that , than you have a position to start arguing from. If not, the statement is free of content, redundant to the highest degree.
What I mean by technologically advanced is not something I feel I should explain. That's self-explanatory on it's part.

I am not relating technology to witchcraft in any way. You said that it is due to our believe in witchcraft that's making us backward; which probably means u are talking of our economic depression, which includes lack of sound technology in the nation.

This exactly is my point. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should Church Music Instrumentalists Be Paid For Their Duties? / My Days In The Kingdom Of Darkness__evangelist Funmilayo Adebayo / An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.