Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You (12280 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by nferyn(m): 12:22am On Oct 25, 2005
goodguy:

What I mean by technologically advanced is not something I feel I should explain. That's self-explanatory on it's part.

I am not relating technology to witchcraft in any way. You said that it is due to our believe in witchcraft that's making us backward; which probably means u are talking of our economic depression, which includes lack of sound technology in the nation.

This exactly is my point. cool

There are a lot of reasons that cause the economic depression of Nigeria, most of them external to Nigeria. Technological developmet is usually a seeding event where people from different locations build on the development from others. There are no inherent characteristics that prevent any people from helping : participating in that development. The application, use and spread of technology is another matter entirely, that is rooted in economical development.

My point is that all resources (time, money, other material resources) that are spent on fighting/doing witchcraft, prevent them from being used for society's good, which isn't helping development. I do not like the term backward, because it implies a hierarchy of values.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 12:32am On Oct 25, 2005
hey c'mon, u dont need to spend money to be a witch. It's a free "organization" where ur family members are demanded in return for ur commitment with them grin

All I'm trying to let u all know is that witchcraft exists but I can never practise it because there's nothing to gain from it, instead, you have a lot to loose.

Remember, the devil is out to kill, steal and destroy. So the best thing is to flee from the Devil to God and he'll flee from you.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by allonym: 11:01am On Oct 25, 2005
I'm assuming you mean the money used fighting witchcraft is being prevented from doing good in society, not witchcraft itself.

In any case, since witchcraft is such a bad thing, isn't fighting it doing society good?
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by nferyn(m): 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2005
allonym:

I'm assuming you mean the money used fighting witchcraft is being prevented from doing good in society, not witchcraft itself.

In any case, since witchcraft is such a bad thing, isn't fighting it doing society good?

It's not only fighting it, but also the money spent paying witchdoctors for their spells, etc
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Dorcas(f): 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2005
If my mum is a witch then she needs deliverance so what I'll do is take her to a pastor to deliver her,infact light and darkness have nothing in common so as soon as she gets there i believe the devil will start looking for where to hide and she will be delivered then, I'll make sure she receives Christ as her lord and personal Saviour so that she will not go back again cos it will be worst if she goes back cos as the bible says the spirit will go and bring with it 7 others spirits stronger than itself and add to itself to go into the person.

Some people get initiated into witch craft without knowing or they inherit from their mothers or grand mothers by the time they are in they do not know what to do about it even if they do not like the things that they do but don't know what do about it they also think that God Almighty cannot accommodate their sins so they prefer not to bother which is wrong.

It is our responsibility as Christians the bring them to Christ abi.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2005
Yeah right.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 9:13pm On Dec 03, 2005
cheesy cheesy all men go ja just as soon as they find out
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by holyghost(m): 12:17am On Dec 04, 2005
please what is the best approach to this problem I need good ideas not just denial,or it exist no it doesn't kind of replies Do you guys watch The TV program call Ikan bee (sic)(something Dey) make us know how to handle this things. thanks
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Seun(m): 12:53am On Dec 04, 2005
Since such a thing hasn't happened to you before, I don't see how you would need the answer!
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by holyghost(m): 1:00am On Dec 04, 2005
that selfish so if it hasn't to first hand the i hve no business helping a friend with such problem
you may have heard about a solution of something and then pass it to some one in need of such solution capish? so ask around and see if you can get a better solution to help those with supernatural probs.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 4:41am On Dec 04, 2005
Biko, if it's confirmed that she's one, just stay the d hell away from her; and Pray like he/she has never done before.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Ada1: 4:46pm On Dec 04, 2005
First and foremost Seun are you Nigerian, sometimes Academia is not such a good thing, because people start to make blind argumants. If there is a good supernatural force, then there is a bad supernatural force.
I have taken all kinds of classes psychology, philosophy and so on, but I am still aware that there is witchcraft. I have a friend who her father has tried to use her for money, who people he quarrels with drop dead at an alarming rate, and top it up he used to be a pastor (+419).........but this man was just a false prophet and there are many of these people around. Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner God is punishing that manright now.
Holyghost there are two options. (1) If you are a strong christian and you have faith, then you declare war on that person. Any time it is 12 midnight in Nigeria where ever you are on the continent you need to pray....pray like your life depends on it, if you are christian and you know what the bible says: then what are you waiting for that is your weapon. if you don't know your bible so well fire psalm 35x7 everyday on the person. (2) If you are not strong in your faith.....just lie, tell every person that knows taht person half truths, or complete lies about questions they ask you concerning yourself. Don't stay away from the person, because some of those people can be daedly if you run from them......you have to understand that who ever is doing witchcraft for you....you are a lifestyle for them. they have nothing better to do, and their life revolves around you. So don't immediately take away their lifelyhood, instead the more you feed them wrong information the more they go about witching on the wrong facts.
sometimes withcraft is not this complicated thing people think it is. The mind is such a powerful thing and someone just wishing bad on you can be a form of witchcraft, and so is trying to control, and manipulate someones life.
Holyghost, I hope this helps.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2005
Ada1:

First and foremost Seun are you Nigerian, sometimes Academia is not such a good thing, because people start to make blind argumants.
This is his problem exactly. cool
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 10:29pm On Dec 04, 2005
lmao cheesy cheesy
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by nferyn(m): 11:01pm On Dec 04, 2005
Ada1:

First and foremost Seun are you Nigerian, sometimes Academia is not such a good thing, because people start to make blind argumants. If there is a good supernatural force, then there is a bad supernatural force.
Well, he owns this forum. Does this answer your question?
One already has to asume that there is a good supernatural force to start with. There is no evidence for that.
Anyway, my opinion is probably irrelevant, because I'm not Nigerian.

Ada1:

I have taken all kinds of classes psychology, philosophy and so on, but I am still aware that there is witchcraft.
Have you? Could you explain how this leads you to this awareness?

Ada1:

I have a friend who her father has tried to use her for money, who people he quarrels with drop dead at an alarming rate, and top it up he used to be a pastor (+419).........but this man was just a false prophet and there are many of these people around. Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner God is punishing that manright now.
Could you give some more information on how this exactly happened?

Ada1:

Holyghost there are two options. (1) If you are a strong christian and you have faith, then you declare war on that person. Any time it is 12 midnight in Nigeria where ever you are on the continent you need to pray.pray like your life depends on it, if you are christian and you know what the bible says: then what are you waiting for that is your weapon. if you don't know your bible so well fire psalm 35x7 everyday on the person. (2) If you are not strong in your faith.just lie, tell every person that knows taht person half truths, or complete lies about questions they ask you concerning yourself. Don't stay away from the person, because some of those people can be daedly if you run from them.you have to understand that who ever is doing witchcraft for you.you are a lifestyle for them. they have nothing better to do, and their life revolves around you. So don't immediately take away their lifelyhood, instead the more you feed them wrong information the more they go about witching on the wrong facts.
On of the most famous quotes in sociology tells it all:
If people define situations as real, they are real in their consequences [W.I. Thomas]
The fact that people believe in it ensures that witchcraft exists, even though it does not have any factual basis.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 11:07pm On Dec 04, 2005
Nferyn, someone has a dream tonight while sleeping, the next morning (or few days later ), what the person sees in the dream becomes a reality. How do u or science explain that?
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by nferyn(m): 11:21pm On Dec 04, 2005
goodguy:

Nferyn, someone has a dream tonight while sleeping, the next morning (or few days later ), what the person sees in the dream becomes a reality. How do u or science explain that?

There is a reasonable chance that this can happen. What more explaining does this need? I think nearly everybody went through this before one or more times. Think about it:
* how many times do you dream (as dreaming is the rearing of information in your brain for storage or dismissal, it will be tightly linked to something you did or thought about, associated with past memories)?
* how many times was that dream relevant to you (relating to something meaningfull in your life)?
* how many times did it predict something in the future?
* how precise was your memory of that dream and when remembering, did you unconsciencely dismiss the parts that were irrelevant to your present (formerly future) event
* how did the thoughts in your dream unconsciencely influence your behaviour so that the probability of the event happening increases?
Richard Dawkins has a chapter in [i]Unweaving the Rainbow [/i]that explains chance and probability in this context very well.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by allonym: 11:43pm On Dec 04, 2005
lol,

I dream about going to school in the morning. . .then i goto school. Is that supernatural? When my parents walk up to the door of our house and knock, I can tell you exactly which one, or if both are there, without having to look and see. Is that supernatural, no. Sometimes, I can predict exactly what my SO would do in a specific situation. Is that supernatural, no.

Something that people would consider supernatural: predicting the future of someone totally unrelated to you or predicting lottery numbers, reading someone's mind, or predicting exactly which playing card someone else will pick up from a deck - most of those have been extensively studied by scientists (with people claiming to possess these powers). You know what the conclusion is - absolutely no demonstrable supernatural abilities by anyone. The best a human has gotten to predicting the occurrence of something is equivalent to the statistical odds of the even happening. In laymans terms, that means the best a human has gotten to predicting whether a coin toss would result in heads or tails is 50%, the exact statistical odds of getting either a heads or tails. This means that I could just guess and still be just as good as the "psychic".

Tell me, if there are people with supernatural powers, why don't they do big things. . . like winning lotteries, becoming president or governor, inventing something great, etc? How come all the "great" predictors of events like 9/11 or something are only able to show their ramblings could be interpreted to predict something AFTER the event occured?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that currently, there does not exist any supernatural anything among humans.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2005
How come their are only witches and warlords in Africa?
Because maybe they do not exist...

Sure there are eveil people that can harm u using physical means...
But do they really have super-natural problems...?

Africa needs to get over this stigma a witch craft, if they ever to propel...
What is said is that the government even endorses the ideology that there are witches roaming in villages

And another thing just because someone admits to being a witch or a warloads does not mean they are one....
Imagine if 1000s of people were saying that u were something eventually you will suffice, just to get them to leave you alone
And when a child admits to being in a secret society...they are jsuts looking for attention, attention that is never given enough to children in naija...
During the Medieval times the white man was killing innocent women becuase they believed they were witches...
Throwing them over cliffs, and burning them to death, why didnt these so called witches save themselves?

Their is no such thing as a secret world, no one can harm u supernaturally...not if they poison you, maime you, shoot you...these are all physical means...Africa as a continent please a beg please get over these childish believes...
As we are the only people who styll believe in such erroneous nonsense.... cry cry cry cry
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2005
Not you too undecided
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:41pm On Dec 06, 2005
Scorpio u actually believe in WitchCraft?
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2005
I know it exists
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by goodguy(m): 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2005
Josboy4lif, there are witches in Europe and America too. Anyway, do u believe God exists?
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2005
Yes, what does that have to do with witchcrafT?
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by nferyn(m): 11:04pm On Dec 06, 2005
goodguy:

Josboy4lif, there are witches in Europe and America too. Anyway, do u believe God exists?

Those so called witches in Europe and America are people practicing the reinvented nature religions of old Europe(which they call Wicca), before these were wiped out by the Catholic Church. It's kind of like the traditional religions in Africa, but then revamped and modernised. This has very little to do with what Africans describe as witches
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Typewriter(m): 10:42am On Dec 20, 2005
I just wonder why some of you deny this daily occurrence in Africa.
well the link is here so go find out. and be double sure

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2005/dec/17/national%20-17-12-2005-002.htm

now compare Africa and Europe or western worlds this way:
it so common to hear thief thief catch him, only to get the thief and see what he stole? he has stolen mummy's hen or he just broke into a shop and made a way with a crate of egg, do this happen daily in the west? even in their villages?

witch is real but African are raw in there practice, compared to western counterparts, with time we will improve as well, because the whites did worst in the BC era

Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by dblock(m): 4:24am On Sep 27, 2006
I'd say "Don't be a hug give me some magic, and by the way your last magic was great i'm two inches taller" -----------peace---------- cool
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by IDINRETE: 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2006
hello everybody
First of all mo Juba awon Iyami Osoronga afinju eye abide gbago gbago
I was born into a christian family and my Dad is a head of a church. I converted to Yoruba Traditional Religion ++++IFA some years ago"RELIGION IS PERSONAL" and please do not question my religious belief when replying.
I will say witchcraft and wizard are real. Even in Osa Meji, as Orunmila is the father of Ifa awon Iyami gave him many problems, they even tried to kill him.
knowingly or unknowingly if you caused your fellow human beings to suffer you are a bad witch or a bad wizard.
why would a mother go through a matter of life and death through pregnancy and delivery of her child and at the end of the day {ko wa fomo e dajo"} it defies logic "abi be ko." She should rather die than contribute her child. anyway most of the stuffs you guys watch in the home movies about awon Iyami are not entirely accurate.
there are good people and bad people; likewise there are bad witches and wizards. there are good mothers who are into witchcraft for the betterment of their children and also bad mothers for the destruction of their child.

Ire o
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:42pm On Sep 27, 2006
Whitches dont exist !
No human can harm you supernaturally
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by holyghost(m): 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

Whitches don't exist !
No human can harm you supernaturally

Go and sit don.
look @ u
supernatural exist man so do witch, if that is true then all that the pastors are casting are false ceremonies abi
since u said that supernatural powers do not exist?

what i want everybody here to do is to profer solutions not do deny the existence.
just that u do not have personal experience does not mean its non existence OK.
so all that u watch in some programs like (nkon be) is stage managed abi?
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:32am On Sep 30, 2006
Why is it that supernatural powers only exist in Africa?
How were they mysteriously wiped of out Europe and North America?
Someone can physically harm me (gun, poison), but not supernaturally.
It is a shame that even our most prominant political figures believe in such non-sense. I guess it works in there favour
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by dblock(m): 6:19am On Sep 30, 2006
blackmagic=bad, good can't exist without bad no bad no good, no blackmagic no christianity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should Church Music Instrumentalists Be Paid For Their Duties? / My Days In The Kingdom Of Darkness__evangelist Funmilayo Adebayo / An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.