Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,082 members, 7,835,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You (12279 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 9:27pm On Sep 30, 2006
Y'all r still on this topic?
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by holyghost(m): 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2006
yes o and so far no good reply
so pls. send in your view
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2006
lol, i did that a few months ago grin
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:53am On Oct 18, 2006
Yes i know about ying/yang dblock, but this does not justify believing in supernatural powers, exhibited in humans
And plus you never answerd my question. Witch Craft is only prevalant in Africa. What happened to The Oyinbo witches?
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by holyghost(m): 10:47am On Oct 18, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

Yes i know about ying/yang dblock, but this does not justify believing in supernatural powers, exhibited in humans
And plus you never answerd my question. Witch Craft is only prevalant in Africa. What happened to The Oyinbo witches?

well your question has been answerd from the start of this topic.
yes the word witch, wizared, secret socity, cult, spell, charm, astral travel, and last but the least supernatural are not not my words it is your so called oyibo words

just type witch in uk in google and do some research
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Julee(f): 11:46am On Oct 18, 2006
I pity those who say that witchcraft does not exist and no human being can use supernatural power to kill. Don't worry, when you are attacked one day, you will know it exists.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 4:28am On Oct 20, 2006
lol *y d hell am i laughin?*
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:20am On Oct 20, 2006
What is so funny angry
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 3:09am On Oct 21, 2006
must u know?
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:11am On Oct 21, 2006
You best not be laughing at moi  undecided
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 3:16am On Oct 21, 2006
i was doing that actually undecided
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 31, 2006
@holy ghost

u have to ask some women we get married to
cos ihave seen it that when soem men get married their wives then confuses them

they tend start calling the man's mother a witch and the man becomes interwingle with bedroom politics and also follows the wife

now the question is if ur mother wanted to kill u she would have done it from the womb earlier on
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by allonym: 1:49am On Jan 22, 2007
You know. . i'm starting to think my mom is practicing witchcraft on me too!

Get this, for my christmas vacation, I went home to visit my family. While I was there, my mom cooked up a great feast of lots of our favorite food. After I ate it, I felt really good and happy. When my mom asked me to clear the table and help clean up, I DID it. - That must be witchcraft right?
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Scorpio(f): 2:56am On Jan 22, 2007
Happy New Year Allonym cheesy *long time no see*

@ ur response, u know that's a lie, it's so see through grin
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by youndchild: 7:22pm On Jul 12, 2007
I think my entire family is using witchcraft on me. They did something so that my vision was effected, meaning that I would think that I'm seeing things but they are not actually real. They have also been able to make me hear voices, at one time they were controlling my every action. They are also using some type of magic to make me very paraniod, and make it seem like everyone is against me. I know this because I went to a Native Doctor here in Canada and he told me that my family had put 3 spells on me. He did something to remove them, but I didn't follow his instructions properly so I don't think it worked.

At this time I think the power of the spell is decreasing, as I don't see as many signs of hysteria as was going on before. What are your comments on this? Right now I just pray to God everyday, to stop what is going on.

Youngchild
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by kulaShaker(f): 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2007
youndchild:

I think my entire family is using witchcraft on me. They did something so that my vision was effected, meaning that I would think that I'm seeing things but they are not actually real. They have also been able to make me hear voices, at one time they were controlling my every action. They are also using some type of magic to make me very paraniod, and make it seem like everyone is against me. I know this because I went to a Native Doctor here in Canada and he told me that my family had put 3 spells on me. He did something to remove them, but I didn't follow his instructions properly so I don't think it worked.

At this time I think the power of the spell is decreasing, as I don't see as many signs of hysteria as was going on before. What are your comments on this? Right now I just pray to God everyday, to stop what is going on.

Youngchild

please go see your doctor i think you are either schizophrenic or have borderline personality disorder, or some kind of neurosis. I am really feeling for your plight right now. One of my friend's schitzoprehnia started like this, exactly thesame symptoms,those idiot babalawos are just taking your money, use the money to see a psychiatrist and get yourself well. Many depressed people have what you talking about too pls talk to someone . do you need to talk? i will listen , Gosh i am so sorry
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by Vicjustice: 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2007
Africans are so blind is superstitions that they see reasons to suspect spiritism on any given situation. The fact is, most people that are accused or suspected of whitchcrafts are actually innocent.
Europeans have their free minds focus on technologies and on material matters, but we (africans) blame spirits for our failures or ill lucks.
Many people are not successful because they suspect that others are fighting them spiritually, what a shame sad
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by youndchild: 1:25am On Jul 13, 2007
I have seen many doctors and they have concluded that I don't have any disorder, and also have made it clear that I don't need any medication. There is a conspiracy that is occuring. I don't trust anyone, however God is on my side.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by luvbooks(f): 8:27pm On Aug 13, 2007
Hello everyone,I'd just like to say something to nefryn.
@nefryn; you've argued so hard and so long about witchcraft not existing.You even challenged them to prove it to you.But now I ask, can you, for one, provide some evidence that witchcraft does NOT exist?
We cannot see the wind, but we know it exists.When seasons change, as they do, from spring to summer, from summer to autumn, and from autumn to winter, we cannot see the changes any more than we can control them,we can only see the evidence of these changes when we see the snow, or notice the first spring flowers bursting out, or feel the summer breeze.
We have to face it.Some things can never be seen, we only notice them when they force themselves on us.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by nferyn(m): 11:37pm On Aug 13, 2007
luvbooks:
Hello everyone,I'd just like to say something to nefryn.
Hello to you too wink

luvbooks:
@nefryn; you've argued so hard and so long about witchcraft not existing.You even challenged them to prove it to you.But now I ask, can you, for one, provide some evidence that witchcraft does NOT exist?
It's not up to me to prove that witchcraft exists, but rather up to those making that claim to bring convincing evidence. I don't believe in invisible flying dragons in the corner of my room either and when someone says invisible flying dragons exist, those people need to bring evidence for their existence. the same thing goes for witchcraft.

The absence of any evidence for witchcraft, together with the fact that almost all so called paranormal phenomena have natural explanations, should make one conclude that there is no reason to believe in witchcraft. You also shouldn't forget that for a moderately qualified magician it is very easy to fool people with tricks. Magicians are usually the best people to unmask people that claim to have paranormal abilities. They're even far better at that task than scientists, who can easily be fooled themselves.

luvbooks:
We cannot see the wind, but we know it exists.When seasons change, as they do, from spring to summer, from summer to autumn, and from autumn to winter, we cannot see the changes any more than we can control them,we can only see the evidence of these changes when we see the snow, or notice the first spring flowers bursting out, or feel the summer breeze.
Both the wind and the seasons can be observed and are natural phenomena. They're nothing like witchcraft, where people, when they don't understand the cause of something, immediately ascribe it to witchcraft without properly investigating it (usually because they neither have the knowledge nor training to investigate these claims.

luvbooks:
We have to face it.Some things can never be seen, we only notice them when they force themselves on us.
But why would you immediately label something witchcraft if you don't understand it?
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by luvbooks(f): 7:57pm On Aug 14, 2007
You still haven't answered my question.Can you , or can you not prove that witchcraft does not exist?YES OR NO? (who cares whether its your position or not) grin
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by luvbooks(f): 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2007
By the way, what's your nationality?
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by nferyn(m): 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2007
luvbooks:
You still haven't answered my question.Can you , or can you not prove that witchcraft does not exist?YES OR NO? (who cares whether its your position or not) grin
Of course I can't. Nobody can prove a universal negative. You can't prove I have a huge invisible treasure hidden somewhere either; you can't search the whole universe. Anyway you don't seem to be interested in understanding why it doesn't make sense to believe in things for which there is no evidence, so indeed, who cares? tongue
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by nferyn(m): 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2007
luvbooks:
By the way, what's your nationality?
Is that relevant? It's the same as my location.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by allonym: 4:28am On Aug 20, 2007
Proving something does not exist. Impossible you say Nferyn!

I'm waiting for the day that someone here proves a negative convincingly. Can you imagine the power of such an argument. I know I'd immediately leverage the logic used to prove or disprove everything I wanted. Nobody could stand in my path! I'd be invincible. Hahaha.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by luvbooks(f): 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2007
nferyn:

Of course I can't. Nobody can prove a universal negative. You can't prove I have a huge invisible treasure hidden somewhere either; you can't search the whole universe. Anyway you don't seem to be interested in understanding why it doesn't make sense to believe in things for which there is no evidence, so indeed, who cares? tongue

a) What makes you think that witchcraft is a universal negative?Obviously whoever started this topic acknowleged its existence,so did a lot of other people who said a thing or two, so it cannot be a "universal" negative.
b) Obviously you are trying to relate witchcraft to a huge invisible treasure.But that's exactly what i'm trying to tell you.You cannot see witchcraft, you can only feel it's effects when it is placed on you.
c) I wanted to know your nationality because if you were an African, I would have loved to know your reasons for not believing in witchcraft.But since you say you're from Belgium,it's really not worth the trouble and I won't bother.
Cheerio!
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by allonym: 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2008
luvbooks:

a) What makes you think that witchcraft is a universal negative?Obviously whoever started this topic acknowleged its existence,so did a lot of other people who said a thing or two, so it cannot be a "universal" negative.
He was responding to this:
luvbooks:

He was not saying that 'witchcraft is a universal negative'. In other words, it is impossible to prove that witchcraft does not exist.

luvbooks:

b) Obviously you are trying to relate witchcraft to a huge invisible treasure.But that's exactly what i'm trying to tell you.You cannot see witchcraft, you can only feel it's effects when it is placed on you.
Exactly! Why can't Nferyn understand this! I've told him many times, even though you never SEE the tooth fairy, you can certainly see and feel the results of the money left under your pillow when you wake up in the morning. Somehow, he always claims that it was somebody else (like my mom) leaving the money there. As if. I bet if you asked him, he would say that there was some other cause to whatever you attribute to "witchcraft". Of course, the lack of any evidence from direct victims/witnesses/practitioners makes it harder to argue against his case. It's always interesting that these things happened to my cousin's friend's brother's half-sister's senior - I mean, with so many degrees of separation, it MUST be true!

luvbooks:

c) I wanted to know your nationality because if you were an African, I would have loved to know your reasons for not believing in witchcraft.But since you say you're from Belgium,it's really not worth the trouble and I won't bother.
Cheerio!
My dad is Nigerian and my mom, American. I spent the first 7.5 years of my life in Nigeria. Unfortunately, apparently witchcraft is only concentrated in small areas, so I never observed it or heard about it. Then after moving to the USA, where witchcraft is even rarer (apparently the inquisition burned a lot of them before they made it on the Mayflower and the remaining were hung to death at the Salem witch trials), so it is not surprising that I too don't give any credence to witchcraft. I suppose the best way to treat it is like a mental disease. Since I'm not crazy, I will never hear any voices in my head. However, for the insane, those voices are very real. So, my approach to witchcraft is the same as my approach to someone's "voices" - whatever you say man. . .just put the knife down . . .slowly.
Re: If Your Mum Is Practising Witchcraft On You by gyara2(m): 1:02pm On Aug 25, 2008
u said it all hot-angel, cuz prayer is d weapon of mass destruction, even lucifer is afraid of prayer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Church To Excommunicate An Erring Member? / Should Church Music Instrumentalists Be Paid For Their Duties? / My Days In The Kingdom Of Darkness__evangelist Funmilayo Adebayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.