Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. (26498 Views)

Why Ndigbo Should Stop Viewing Yoruba's As Cowards- Reno Omokri / Buhari Appoints Hadiza Usman As NPA MD / Sanusi Lamido Ado-Bayero Appointed As NPA Managing Director By Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by abdulkayus(m): 8:37am On May 13, 2015
What is this all about? There should be peace pls. And who are this inconsequential group that lied that they are fightin for yoruba right.
Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by Nobody: 8:37am On May 13, 2015
sinizia:
Never knew these people are this tribalistic. ND has the oil wells, yet they don't own up to 3% of it. I think it's high time Niger-Deltans seized control of all the oil wells in this country since it's all about tribalism and it's in their region. Bloody idíots. What a sham of a country. No matter how long it will take, this country will divide one day. You can delay it but you can't deny it. One Nigeria exist only in Lord Luggard's head. Fúck that fool for bringing us together.
You said exactly my mind. Northerners have always been in control of NPA since the federal capital was in lagos. Are we no longer one Nigeria? If the yorubas claim ownership of the lagos ports,then Niger-deltans should have the right to control their crude oil"resources control".while the north controls their food/crops. The last time I checked every port in Nigeria belongs to the federal govt.

6 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by ghostofsparta(m): 8:37am On May 13, 2015
sinizia:
The greatest disease we have in this country is TRIBALISM not corruption. It's tribalism that led to corruption.
I'm sure you meant TRIBAL DISCRIMINATION which is very much different from TRIBALISM

SkyBlue1:
It is a federal parastatal. No ethnic group has any inherent "right" to demand the chairman should come from it. Now if you can prove the appointments are purposefully biased or prejudiced to prevent somebody from place A from getting it over somebody from place B, then we can have an adult conversation.
In as much I am in support of the bolded, I don't think Nigeria has been fair to the Yorubas at large. Your argument would have swayed me had it been those who were appointed during OBJ regime to manage, administer and direct all the affairs of NDDC were non-South Southerners but any such Nigerian from any region provided he/she is competent and can do it well. I hope you now see the logic in the the group's argumentation.

cc: Ryabcool oduduwaboy oduasolja oduastates macof FOLYKAZE

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by FitnessNigeria: 8:38am On May 13, 2015
Let's assume that Niger Delta's oil is in the south west.

Hehehe, We for no hear word

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by Crispels(m): 8:38am On May 13, 2015
Udmaster:
you are very silly, Igbos will dominate you Everytime and you will keep ranting like an slowpoke Escapee.

Tackle his facts, why insulting him??

2 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by Zeus777: 8:39am On May 13, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I know about OPC but I don't know all these loud mouthed group formed by Tinubu for political expediency.

If that stupid group said such then I don't see any reason why the NNPC leadership and the ministry of petroleum resources should not be manned by people from SS/SE
formed by Tinubu How did u know that? ..now I see why a smart professor once called some set of ppl mor.ons!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by Geesanni: 8:40am On May 13, 2015
dont quote trash.who has been d minister of petroleunm all dis while.are they nt frm ss
ECOTERRORS:
I know about OPC but I don't know all these loud mouthed group formed by Tinubu for political expediency.

If that stupid group said such then I don't see any reason why the NNPC leadership and the ministry of petroleum resources should not be manned by people from SS/SE
Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by Nobody: 8:41am On May 13, 2015
cutietokunbo:

Foolishness at its peak!!!! Where did you get this stupid submission from; Igbos travel.......

You need to leave that your East even Nigeria so as to see what d situation is outside Nigeria and see that your kinsmen are deceiving you.

I lived in US for 5 to 6 years before I relocated back to UK and I can boldly tell you that Igbos in these two countries are not even up to 20% of Yorubas population. The same story in Canada and Ireland. You can only see large numbers of Igbos in these following countries: South Africa, Malaysia and China.

Pls, if you doubt my submission, go to Any Airport in State, UK, Ireland, Canada even our own Airport- MMA and listen to most of the passengers who are Nigerians. You ll realise that 80% of Nigerians at these Airports I have mentioned are Yorubas. It's so bad that some of these Countries Immigration staff are now speaking one to two Yoruba words.

Pls don't bring few Igbos that travel to Dubai and China to buy their goods into this cos there are Yorubas who buy their products from China too but I m 100% sure that Igbos do more of that than Yorubas.

Pls go to "Gbagi market" in Ibadan to see things for yourself; the size alone and come back here to tell me if you see a single Igbo man in that Market.

Come to "Bodija Market in" Ibadan; the size alone ll scare shit out of you. All occupied by Yorubas...

Pls come to "Oja Oba" in Ibadan as well so as to see that your kinsmen have been lying to you about Igbo love for business.

Alaba Market is Yoruba controlled properties rented out to Igbos. It all started from Surulere before it was splited into two- Mile 2, Ketu and d present day Alaba, Ojo. Igbos dominated this market.

Idumota Market; apart from Nollywood section(Excluding Yoruba movies), Yorubas dominated this market.

My friend, out of 10 biggest market in Nigeria today, Yorubas have 5 markets(Alaba, Bodija, Gbagi, Idumota and Oja Oba while Igbos have 4 (Ariaria, Onitsha market, Ogbete and New Market Aba). So where do you get this self serving stat from?

If you are talking about numbers of Industrialists in Nigeria today, you ll hardly see any Igbo among real industrialists except Innoson.

My friend don't argue blindly...The facts are there,most yorubas are based in uk & canada....Igbos has travelled than any three tribes put together in Nigeria #DoYourResearch

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by loomer: 8:42am On May 13, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Jonathan is always clueless since 2009

Na poverty make u de talk like this
Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by DOD1: 8:42am On May 13, 2015
cutietokunbo:

Foolishness at its peak!!!! Where did you get this stupid submission from; Igbos travel.......

You need to leave that your East even Nigeria so as to see what d situation is outside Nigeria and see that your kinsmen are deceiving you.

I lived in US for 5 to 6 years before I relocated back to UK and I can boldly tell you that Igbos in these two countries are not even up to 20% of Yorubas population. The same story in Canada and Ireland. You can only see large numbers of Igbos in these following countries: South Africa, Malaysia and China.

Pls, if you doubt my submission, go to Any Airport in State, UK, Ireland, Canada even our own Airport- MMA and listen to most of the passengers who are Nigerians. You ll realise that 80% of Nigerians at these Airports I have mentioned are Yorubas. It's so bad that some of these Countries Immigration staff are now speaking one to two Yoruba words.

Pls don't bring few Igbos that travel to Dubai and China to buy their goods into this cos there are Yorubas who buy their products from China too but I m 100% sure that Igbos do more of that than Yorubas.

Pls go to "Gbagi market" in Ibadan to see things for yourself; the size alone and come back here to tell me if you see a single Igbo man in that Market.

Come to "Bodija Market in" Ibadan; the size alone ll scare shit out of you. All occupied by Yorubas...

Pls come to "Oja Oba" in Ibadan as well so as to see that your kinsmen have been lying to you about Igbo love for business.

Alaba Market is Yoruba controlled properties rented out to Igbos. It all started from Surulere before it was splited into two- Mile 2, Ketu and d present day Alaba, Ojo. Igbos dominated this market.

Idumota Market; apart from Nollywood section(Excluding Yoruba movies), Yorubas dominated this market.

My friend, out of 10 biggest market in Nigeria today, Yorubas have 5 markets(Alaba, Bodija, Gbagi, Idumota and Oja Oba while Igbos have 4 (Ariaria, Onitsha market, Ogbete and New Market Aba). So where do you get this self serving stat from?

If you are talking about numbers of Industrialists in Nigeria today, you ll hardly see any Igbo among real industrialists except Innoson.
Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by Zeus777: 8:43am On May 13, 2015
SkyBlue1:

You're taking this too personal. This sentiment is coming from a nationalist group so what on earth do you expect their position to be? I don't know why people are so quick to extrapolate the comments of anybody or group in any part of the country to mean the sentiment of comment of a whole region. Was a poll taken? It is like people expressing shock at MASSOB still pushing for Biafra. Like seriously, the clue is in the name.
nice one bro...u sure not one of the mo.rons the prof was referring to

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by philfrey08: 8:44am On May 13, 2015
When Petroleum ministry was headed by a non-Southsoutherner no one talked.
I wonder if its only the yoruba nation that have water.
Every other part is landlocked.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by ernest81: 8:45am On May 13, 2015
Just like someone or people called lagos a no mans land and the whole tribe is suffering it abi ?

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by chigoizie7(m): 8:47am On May 13, 2015
liberty300:
Very tribalistic set of people. A northerner has always been in charge of the Lagos ports in nigeria.

But wait ohh.. I thought sanusi was their man? What happened to that relationship?

I tot the Nigerian port was built by FG( no be the whole nigeria get the port?).

*So, because it was located @ lagos, the chairman must be Yoruba man?

* So, because oil was gotten from niger-delta, the minister of petroleum must be a Niger-deltan?

*So, because agriculture is synonymous to the northern nigeria, the agriculture minister must be a northerner?

*Also, because the largest number of people serving in the nigerian army are northerners, the chief of army staff must come from north?

*So, because, MMI is the busiest airport in Nigeria, so the aviation minister must be a lagosian?

*the moment these set of people will remove tribalism in the affairs of this country, that is the only time this country will move forward.

*so, it is now about the tribe in which a certain project was located @? ( A project that was built by FG) and about the best man taking the job?

4 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by philfrey08: 8:47am On May 13, 2015
Onyejiuwaokoh:
This is baseless, if it goes like that minister of petroleum must be from south south, Agriculture a northerner, anything sports Easterners. Igbos do business and have largest markets in Nigeria they should take over finance ministry and CBN, they travel more than other parts of Nigeria they should take aviation ministry. Northerners should not go near education ministry at all. Ministry of justice should be left for the yorubas. l think ministry of defence should be northern property.

Hi five!!!!
I wud sure vote you for Presidency
U tooo much

5 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by Jaypea98: 8:47am On May 13, 2015
SkyBlue1:
It is a federal parastatal. No ethnic group has any inherent "right" to demand the chairman should come from it. Now if you can prove the appointments are purposefully biased or prejudiced to prevent somebody from place A from getting it over somebody from place B, then we can have an adult conversation.
Yes just like Ministry of Niger Delta is also a federal parastatal. Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by Nobody: 8:47am On May 13, 2015
cutietokunbo:

Loooool...all the market you listed are used & dominated by igbos

I can place a bet of N200,000 to your N10,000,that igbos are the most travelled,the most industrious & dominates about 70% of the Nigerian market.

[size=30pt]So Take A Chilling Pill & Deal With The Fact[/size]

15 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by baralatie(m): 8:52am On May 13, 2015
gleaf:
Tell those people that its called "NIgerian Ports Authority" and not Yoruba Ports Authority!!!
finish!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Army Colonel, 5 Other Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Battle - Premium Times / Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) / Sowore Reacts To MFM Libel Suit Against Him And Sahara Reporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.