Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,000 members, 7,828,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. (26489 Views)

Why Ndigbo Should Stop Viewing Yoruba's As Cowards- Reno Omokri / Buhari Appoints Hadiza Usman As NPA MD / Sanusi Lamido Ado-Bayero Appointed As NPA Managing Director By Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by philips70(m): 9:21am On May 13, 2015
I actually expected Jonathan to use that appointment as a parting gift to the Niger Deltans he so marginalized so the appointee can help revitalize the dying ports in Warri, Portharcourt and Calabar. But no, he still didn't do it but chose to give it to one of the people Asari love to call the Gambaris all still for political reasons. Who are we fooling?

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by Mcowubaba: 9:21am On May 13, 2015
hotwax:

Just like Hausas head Niger delta oil.

Nothing can you looser Igbos do. Port is our right. It is our resource just like oil to niger delta. so all ya people should shut da fck up
Oga u can't compare Port to Oil...
nd both of them must not be headed by indigens
I hope u knw the Niger Delta has PortS too...
Hw much resource does a sea port bring
It can't even take care of a Single State's allocation..

2 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by Nobody: 9:22am On May 13, 2015
*sighs*
Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by UncleJudax(m): 9:23am On May 13, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Here in kaduna,

All federal government agencies are headed by northerners

The first three are usually from this region .

The same should be practise in the west.
Just in the West huh...
Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by Nobody: 9:27am On May 13, 2015
It painful and disheartening reading thru this article and comments on NL. How can Nigeria move forward with this attitude from us? How did we become like this? So much hate amongst ourself. Its painful. A man should NOT be judged based on the language he speaks or the geopolitical zone he represents. A man should be judged based on the his character and strength. What we should be asking is how competent is alhaji sanusi bayero? Is it just a political appointment? What does he know about NPA? And we are all here talking about the tribe or ppl he represent....let's move Naija forward... SAY NO TO IGBO, YORUBA AND HAUSA XENOPHOBIA... ONE LOVE.

MayorofLagos:
http://www.m.worldstagegroup.com/readnews.php?&id=22243&active=news

The appointment of non-Yoruba to the position of the Nigerian Ports Authority, (NPA) is an insult to the Yoruba nation, the O’odua Nationalist Coalition, (ONAC) has said. ONAC said the position of the NPA Chairman and the Managing Director should be the preserve of the Yoruba people.

In a statement on Monday, the Pan Yoruba group stated that the Lagos port is the second largest source of revenue for the Federal Government adding that the Lagos port is to the Yoruba people what oil is to the Niger-Delta. If consistently Niger-Delta people have been at the helms of affairs at the NDDC, there is no reason why the NPC should not be consistently led by a Yoruba person.

ONAC stated that recent appointment of Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Ado Bayero  as the NPA Managing Director is absolutely wrong. It negates the principles of fairness. How on earth can you appoint some one who has no stream in his home state as the Managing Director of NPA? The Lagos port is on Yorubaland. In a true federal system, the chairman of the Ports Authority must necessarily be an indigene of Lagos or at least a Yoruba person, ONAC stated.

“For several years, the Lagos Port has been a source of financial muzzle for Nigeria. This port is located in Yorubaland and was used for trans-Atlantic trade route for over 1000 years by the Yoruba Nation before the artificial creation of Nigeria. It is disheartening that the Nigerian government has continued to undermine the natural right of Yoruba people to be made the NPA chairman. Successive governments have continued to commit this deliberate error. President Goodluck Jonathan has just committed the same assault on our people by his recent appointment”, the statement signed by ONAC official, Mr Olumide Ajayi stated.

ONAC stated that the appointment of a non-Yoruba as the NPA chairman violates the UN convention on indigenous rights. ONAC stated that the UN convention stresses  absolute need for consultation of state governments in the management of resources that belong to indigenous people the way the ports in Lagos belong to the people of Lagos. Quoting the UN Convention 169 on the right of indigenous people, ONAC stated that   the spirit of consultation and participation constitutes the cornerstone of Convention No. 169 on which all its provisions are based. The Convention requires that indigenous and tribal peoples are consulted on issues that affect them. It also requires that these peoples are able to engage in free, prior and informed participation in policy and development processes that affect them.ONAC said the Yoruba people have for long been taken for granted adding that it was high time the ethnic nationality began to bare her fangs.

The principles of consultation and participation in Convention No. 169 relate not only to specific development projects, but also to broader questions of governance, and the participation of indigenous and tribal peoples in public life.

The group said eventhough President Goodluck Jonathan is of the ethnic minority stock, his understanding of indigenous rights is narrow.

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by hotwax: 9:27am On May 13, 2015
Mcowubaba:

Oga u can't compare Port to Oil...
nd both of them must not be headed by indigens
I hope u knw the Niger Delta has PortS too...
Hw much resource does a sea port bring
It can't even take care of a Single State's allocation..

You must be an illiterate.

Port produce large percentage of our budget second to oil.

Ask your little brothers in primary school. Very surprising

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by JosephAchuzie(m): 9:28am On May 13, 2015
philips70:
I actually expected Jonathan to use that appointment as a parting gift to the Niger Deltans he so marginalized so the appointee can help revitalize the dying ports in Warri, Portharcourt and Calabar. But no, he still didn't do it but chose to give it to one of the people Asari love to call the Gambaris all still for political reasons. Who are we fooling?

Do you think the Ijo drunk jonathan has anything upstairs?

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by jossyj: 9:28am On May 13, 2015
adegunwa4real:

Idiot! The Igbos are d ones hating on the Yorubas and despite the hatred the yorubas keep progressing while the haters keep regressing! Btw...what's are the Igbos doing here on NL? Abi NL too is now a no man's Land? The last time I checked a non Igbo developed this same platform that yhu guys come on to display your stupidity and noise making Gift! Stop hating on the yorubas they are great, advanced and by far more sophisticated than the Igbos #bitterfact. I hate tribalism but hell...you guys are going way too overboard with your hatred for the Yoruba nation. And just si ya'll should know...Hatred destroys! angry

from your write up you are also hating so where is your conscience ?inferior and dirty stinking tribe. Keep crying Biafra must come and very soon.

2 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by africanusvu(m): 9:39am On May 13, 2015
Is it NIGERIA Ports Authority(NPA) or YORUBA Ports Authority(YPA)?

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by hotwax: 9:40am On May 13, 2015
africanusvu:
Is it NIGERIA Ports Authority(NPA) or YORUBA Ports Authority(YPA)?

Is it Nigeria oil or Niger delta oil?

2 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by durosegun(m): 9:49am On May 13, 2015
It's like the major reason why Nairaland was created is to create hatred and discord among Nigerians. This forum, despite having large number of Nigerians, both as members and visitors, openly encourage and support ethnic/tribe bashing.
Something that is supposed to be used to uniting us is being used to divide us.
I wonder why topics that promote ethnic discords is always pushed to front page. The truth is I have learnt not to allow the comments I read here make me think or see other tribes less or superior than mine. We are all Nigerians!
The same Adamu, Chibuzor, and kunle that were abusing igbo on Nairaland will still go to iya nkechi joint unknowingly together to eat isiewu cooled it with bottles of orijin, and go home to enjoy the night with kemi, Aisha and Cynthia respectively.
So my people, make una dey calm down.

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by shaboti: 9:49am On May 13, 2015
Wow! These people are really shameless undecided
Re: Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. by einsteino(m): 9:49am On May 13, 2015
cutietokunbo:

Foolishness at its peak!!!! Where did you get this stupid submission from; Igbos travel.......

You need to leave that your East even Nigeria so as to see what d situation is outside Nigeria and see that your kinsmen are deceiving you.

I lived in US for 5 to 6 years before I relocated back to UK and I can boldly tell you that Igbos in these two countries are not even up to 20% of Yorubas population. The same story in Canada and Ireland. You can only see large numbers of Igbos in these following countries: South Africa, Malaysia and China.

Pls, if you doubt my submission, go to Any Airport in State, UK, Ireland, Canada even our own Airport- MMA and listen to most of the passengers who are Nigerians. You ll realise that 80% of Nigerians at these Airports I have mentioned are Yorubas. It's so bad that some of these Countries Immigration staff are now speaking one to two Yoruba words.

Pls don't bring few Igbos that travel to Dubai and China to buy their goods into this cos there are Yorubas who buy their products from China too but I m 100% sure that Igbos do more of that than Yorubas.

Pls go to "Gbagi market" in Ibadan to see things for yourself; the size alone and come back here to tell me if you see a single Igbo man in that Market.

Come to "Bodija Market in" Ibadan; the size alone ll scare shit out of you. All occupied by Yorubas...

Pls come to "Oja Oba" in Ibadan as well so as to see that your kinsmen have been lying to you about Igbo love for business.

Alaba Market is Yoruba controlled properties rented out to Igbos. It all started from Surulere before it was splited into two- Mile 2, Ketu and d present day Alaba, Ojo. Igbos dominated this market.

Idumota Market; apart from Nollywood section(Excluding Yoruba movies), Yorubas dominated this market.

My friend, out of 10 biggest market in Nigeria today, Yorubas have 5 markets(Alaba, Bodija, Gbagi, Idumota and Oja Oba while Igbos have 4 (Ariaria, Onitsha market, Ogbete and New Market Aba). So where do you get this self serving stat from?

If you are talking about numbers of Industrialists in Nigeria today, you ll hardly see any Igbo among real industrialists except Innoson.

i believed you until you mentioned ibadan that i know of and lived in. the people who trade in alaba are igbos, please do not try to lie to yourself. yes yorubas are the most populated nigerians in those countries you mentioned but igbos are still the most widely travelled, you find them in places you wouldn't even want to visit. i am niger deltan and i would love this your policy of yorubas are meant to head NPA to continue, just so it will lend us some credibility in our demands.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jega Loses Brother, Abdulkadir To Hajj Stampede. / Flood Takes Over Apapa, Lagos (Photos) / Revolutionnow Symposium: At Last, Police Allow Falana, Others To Enter Hall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.