Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? (26818 Views)

What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? / Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2006
maxell:

What about the people on the other thread accusing you of being racist ? Are they babyosisi's cousins too ?

You are just so hateful. What a pity

yeah,the're all my relatives,out to get sista,hahaha.
This is very interesting.
Donzman may be my male alter ego too lol.
Unbelievable.
I read through the link you provided.
She has shown herself everywhere

Anyone dating or marrying AA especially the likes of sista should run run run.
If this is what she teaches her kids,someone needs to call child protective services quickly before we end up with little hateful AA kids
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by superman(m): 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2006
to the left  emm white ppl ! sista aint racist
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2006
@ EastnEuSis

Sista, the only thing I don't like about you is the fact that you don't accept the truth about the African Americans of today, the kind life they chose to live this days is not the style of life of somebody who's got any atom of family value, you African Americans always claim you have brother hood, but when you see your African brothers, what brother hood do you show them?. the African Americans of today would rather help a white man than help there own African brothers, they would instead talk them down, but if one would say it now, you would say is not so cause you never accept the truth, and this is what I don't like about your character.

AA's ain't the only group of black people who are at fault for doing those kinds of things.

Who said I don't accept the things AA's do, have you been keeping up with this discussion? I don't think so. I call it how it is, white or black, AA or Nigerian. If you are doing things to black people and to yourself as a black person that is not right, I don't care who you are, I will call you on it. You need to really go back and do a lot of reading before you draw that conclusion about me.

EastnEusis, the problem with your statement is you are generalizing. I know you are angry with some AA's who do the things you are talking  about. However, we should not be pointing fingers. Nigerians have many flaws as well but I will not be waisting my time trying to compare the Bad ways of AA's to the Bad ways of Nigerians. We are all messed up in some kind of way. Bottom line we need each other. We are waisting to much valuable time pointing fingers. Not all AA's do those kinds of things. The only reason why it seems like all AA's do those kinds of things is because the entire continent of Africa outnumbers AA's. The thing is, we are all Black and or of African descent which ever you prefer.  

Lets not do this anymore, we are reapting the white mans plan, divide and rule. he is ruling while we stay divided and therefore conquered.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2006
Superman,you are not under the influence are you?
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by maxell(f): 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2006
babyosisi:

Superman,you are not under the influence are you?

@babyosisi

Ignore that one jare. just ignore him.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by maxell(f): 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2006
@SISTA, MRS BASKET MOUTH

Answer us now?

I said what about the people on the other thread accusing you of being racist ? Are they babyosisi's cousins too ?
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by superman(m): 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2006
sista is our sister no bi! babyosis
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by onyeozi(m): 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2006
hi sista,i think u gat 2 read what i just posted last week concrning this issue.it's time we all especially u d girls wake up and get what belongs to us and leave the whites alone
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 8:06pm On Oct 09, 2006
@oneozi

Yes this is true but how do we wake up the Zomibies?

Do you see how the Zombies in this discussion practically threw me to the wolves? grin

Ps, where is your post?
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by superman(m): 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2006
haha!
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by mamaput(f): 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2006
onyeozi:

hi sista,i think u gat 2 read what i just posted last week concrning this issue.it's time we all especially u d girls wake up and get what belongs to us and leave the whites alone

Sista:

@oneozi

Yes this is true but how do we wake up the Zomibies?

Do you see how the Zombies in this discussion practically threw me to the wolves? grin

Ps, where is your post?
Please wer is Seun let him come and put order here. Soon some people will be shouting "Death to the White man".

maxell , The first day i read her posts i could see she is a 100 % anti White.
Am sure she went to the libearyto copy down speeches from Malcom X and other black panters.At the end of the long rope of skin heads is an other evil,
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by superman(m): 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2006
why are ppl so concerned about white ppl! thinking anyhow they truth must be told ! it cant be stopped believe it
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by chinani(f): 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2006
Um, I don't think anyone should speak about Malcolm X unless they know his life's work. He should be judged by his legacy not the media image.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 09, 2006
@mamaput,I made the same observations about sista too.
I was horrified at the hatred and animosity towards white people.

It impossible to hate a certain group without being a hateful person in general.
She sounds to me as very unhappy and wounded in some way.

The problem with the black race may have been contributed to by white people but now Naija for instance has been under Naija rule for 46 years with millions of barrels of oil.
Is it the white man that is robbing us now or is it a black problem?

Here in the USA,the most corrupt colleges are the historically black ones,I will not go into details but the corruption is not different from typical Naija mago mago ranging from admissions to graduations.
It is ugly.
These schools are managed by blacks and other minorities.

Enough of the finger pointing,sista,the problem with blacks is blacks and not the white man.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by chinani(f): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2006
@Babyosisi
Actually the biggest problem faced by HBCUs is a lack of funding. Alumni is not always able to fund the Universities properly & since they are private there is a lack of state funds. Additionally, staying accredited has been a problem for a handful (less than half a dozen).

So while "corruption" is a problem (i.e. TSU) & those problems garner more media attention it is not the "biggest" problem.

I'd like to point out that corruption is a huge problem in most American Unis, particularly the large ones. The UT systems, for example, raises tuition even though they have a rainy day account in the multi-millions.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by mamaput(f): 9:33pm On Oct 09, 2006
http://www.malcolm-x.org/speeches.htm

as easy as a googel klick.
Am sure you can  also get speeches of others.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2006
chinani:

@Babyosisi
Actually the biggest problem faced by HBCUs is a lack of funding. Alumni is not always able to fund the Universities properly & since they are private there is a lack of state funds. Additionally, staying accredited has been a problem for a handful (less than half a dozen).

So while "corruption" is a problem (i.e. TSU) & those problems garner more media attention it is not the "biggest" problem.

I'd like to point out that corruption is a huge problem in most American Unis, particularly the large ones. The UT systems, for example, raises tuition even though they have a rainy day account in the multi-millions.

When I took up teaching,everyone I knew warned me to keep away from black schools,that would have been my first option.
The stories of college presidents and professors embezzling funds at black colleges is all too common.
Virtually no accountability in several.It is sad what goes on in several.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by chinani(f): 9:42pm On Oct 09, 2006
Thank you for the link. Did you read it? He said "not all white people" (last speech) and near the end when he says:

So before I get involved in anything nowadays, I have to straighten out my own position, which is clear. I am not a racist in any form whatsoever. I don't believe in any form of racism. I don't believe in any form of discrimination or segregation. I believe in Islam.

The paragraph before it is also important. I'd also recommend his Autobiography published posthumously where he talks about being in Mecca w/ Muslims of all races.

Did he say some "hateful" things in his life? Yes. But, this was a man who's father was murdered by the KKK. Who was called "nigger" everyday after his father's death. This was Jim Crow 1950s/60s. He grew from that. The type of growth people aren't doing nowadays b/c it's too much work, too much soul-searching.

I think you have Malcolm pigeon-holed. . .in the wrong hole no less.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by chinani(f): 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2006
@Babyosisi
Yes it goes on in some I do not deny that. But I stand by my previous statement. The biggest problem is adequate funds. It's funny b/c people encourage me to teach at an HBCU (not qualified yet grin ) but differnt strokes for different folks.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by maxell(f): 11:13pm On Oct 09, 2006
mamaput:

maxell , The first day i read her posts i could see she is a 100 % anti White.

@mamaput

God bless you my sister. Practically everyone can see her for what she is. She is a hateful woman.

@babyosisi

You see ! Mamaput saw right through her too.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Uju4eva(f): 11:31pm On Oct 09, 2006
I know that I am no longer involved inside this thread. But I have a little insight, why are we sitting here talking so much about white people and arguing about people we will never see in real life. If they don't get you, they never will. Let them think what they are going to think. It's funny thinking, that there are actually people spending their time and energy to surpress their powers to explain on behalf of their opinion. It's just hilarious. Calm down guys, it's not that serious,
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 1:51am On Oct 10, 2006
@Uju4eva

I know that I am no longer involved inside this thread. But I have a little insight, why are we sitting here talking so much about white people and arguing about people we will never see in real life. If they don't get you, they never will. Let them think what they are going to think. It's funny thinking, that there are actually people spending their time and energy to surpress their powers to explain on behalf of their opinion. It's just hilarious. Calm down guys, it's not that serious,

Now Uju, you have the best observation out of them all. Yours is the best because it hits the core of all this. I been peeping in here to see what they are saying but as you can see, I have not been saying much back lately. You my sister hit the hammer on the nail the last time before the nail finally went in.

These people are enjoying talking about me. My grandmother used to tell me. Don't worry about when they are talking about you, worry when they are not talking about you.

I obviously pushed some buttons because look at this discussion. Baby I'm the Celebrity here and Uju4eva is the star.

Uju is the good character and I (Sista) am the ugly villan grin

All Revolutionist worth talking about strike the cords of other people. You guys will always remeber me, and for that, I will live forever live.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 2:56am On Oct 10, 2006
Uju4eva:

you are certainly entitled to your opinions dear
I doubt if anyone here is spending sleepless nights over this thread or its contents.
Believe me,this is a tiny tiny part of our lives.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 4:29am On Oct 10, 2006
@Sista

First off, with all due respect to your grandma, just because she said "Don't worry about when they are talking about you, worry when they are not talking about you", doesn't make that the right attitude in life. I'll rather not be talked about than be talked about in relation to hate (like you are being talked about. If you're being discussed in relation with something good, bravo, if not, you have to check yourself and your value systems.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 5:46am On Oct 10, 2006
@Donzman

I'll rather not be talked about than be talked about in relation to hate (like you are being talked about.

First of all,  I am not a child, so what people think about me does not affect me.

Second of all, I know that what I do and preach is not hate and I am secure with what I know. I really don't care what you or anyone else thinks. 

Thirdly like Uju said, what is all the big fuss really all about? I mean, what are the chances of you people ever seeing me or knowing me? Obviously, the people complaining are people with white counterparts and it hurts them that I hit a nerve.

If I hit your nerve, that is not my problem. If you are secure with your choices, what I say should not bother you to the point that I am being talked about everyday.

If you're being discussed in relation with something good, bravo, if not, you have to check yourself and your value systems.

I value me, and my people, that has already been checked wink

PS, I challenge everyone to stop talking about Sista. I dare you.

Not everyone will always agree with a true revolutionist. A True revolutionist is always rembered in the words of memeory by the people who talk about him.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by delf747(m): 8:39am On Oct 10, 2006
Sista:

@Donzman
First of all,  I am not a child, so what people think about me does not affect me.

Spoilt children do not care about what others think.

Adults should care as they are meant to be responsible.

Sista:

@Donzman
PS, I challenge everyone to stop talking about Sista. I dare you.

Again you sound like a child.

Nobody is talking about you.

But this is what you like to imagine because you come here for attention.

A child must learn to shut its mouth when in the presence of adults.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by maxell(f): 9:44am On Oct 10, 2006
Donzman:

@Sista
doesn't make that the right attitude in life. I'll rather not be talked about than be talked about in relation to hate

Very good advice donzman.

I'm sure if people were talking about Sista having a bad body odor and very funky breath, she would still be applying her grand mother's advice "not to worry about when they are talking about you".

Common sense dictates when that advice is applicable from when it isn't. But then again, it is Sista we are talking about here, so her case is different.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by maxell(f): 9:59am On Oct 10, 2006
babyosisi:

It's impossible to hate a certain group without being a hateful person in general.

You are absolutely right babyosisi. Couldn't agree with you more. Great insight
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 5:11pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Delf747

Delf, for those who don't know, You and I already had our past beef. I thought you and I were through. The very fact that you waist your time attempting to giving me advice, clearly shows how much I must be on yours as well as everyone else's mind. Have you looked through this topic? They love me, and from the looks of it, you seem to love me too grin.

Spoilt children do not care about what others think.

Why do you bother? You know I don't care about what you think.

You don't know  me so you don't know if I am spoiled. Your white, and white peoples idea of spoiled is totally different from black peoples spoiled.

Adults should care as they are meant to be responsible.

Again, you don't know me, so you no nothing about my responsibility. All you know is my words in nairaland. What would I have to be responsible for in nairaland? Please. Why do you bother to try and give me advice? Your waisting your precious time.

You need to go a few post up and read what Uju said. She is only 16 and she gave the better advice for this topic  than you adults did.

PS, Their is a difference between saracasm and sounding like a child. Have you ever heard a child express sarcasm?

@To all, I see I am still on your mind grin I knew you were not up for the challenge I presented. I, Sista, has obviously struck one of your nerves. Perhaps I may have struck your conciousness nerve.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 10, 2006
t0 delf747,maxell,mamaput,donzman.
one of the classic symptoms of bipolar disorder is a feeling of grandiosity evident at the manic phase where one feels as though larger than life,a center of attraction,in absolute control,even though others are beside themselves looking at the individual and shaking their heads.

sista,we get the picture.
We now know your name.
We do love you as you stated
But most importantly,we wish you well.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Sista(f): 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Babyosisi

We do love you as you stated
But most importantly,we wish you well.

Irespective of your comments in your beliveing that I am bipolar. I know you love me and I love you too grin

Also, truly, really and sincerly no joking, I wish you all well in your relationship with your white counterparts.
Re: What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 10, 2006
There are good white people and there are bad ones.
There are good AA and bad ones.
There are good Nigerians and bad ones.

It is not possible to label a whole race of people as evil due to the doings of some of their forefathers.
If you've not met some nice white folks.you may be consciously or unconsciously looking out for and acknowledging just the bad ones.
You will be a much happier person if you recognized these facts

There were whites in the civil right matches.
There were white killed for siding with blacks
You do them a great injustice by not acknowledging this.

As an Igbo woman,my people were slaughtered by the rest of Nigerians during a 3 year war before I was even born and their properties stolen and confiscated including bank accounts and houses and lands.
I would be an unhappy woman to blame maxell,a yoruba lady for it and live with animosity and bitterness all my life.

Your opinions are powerful,you may be able to handle it but a child hearing it from you may not,it could set them off on a white killing spree.
We have to be careful the words we utter in the name of black love.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Best Gift you can Give To A Rich Girl? / Ladies Enjoys this More Than Men / Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.