Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him (61942 Views)

Nigerian (igbo) Lady Causes Stir Flaunting Her B0obs On Social Media ( Photos ) / In Love With Two Girls But Wants One. Advice Needed. / Help: I'm Yoruba But Fascinated By Igbo Girls. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Twistaray(m): 12:38am On May 21, 2015
quimicababes:
It depends on the reason(s) upon which he wants to marry her.If it is due to an inferiority complex where he thinks his yoruba sisters are less than Igbo girls...that is not a good reason.If he genuinely love the girl and is willing to embrace her culture by all means.

From the comments on this thread...I reckon it seems like Yoruba guys suffer from the same complex like Blacks in the west....a deep sense of Inferiority.I reckon that a lot of people say bad things about Yoruba women on nairaland and they label them ugly because they are dark and have thick lips which just shows the amount of self-hate amongst Black people.Perhaps Yoruba men feel ashamed that their women are not light skinned etc

Many of us in the west prefer to marry non-black or mixed folks due to the fact it has been hammered into our heads that 100% African is not beautiful.Many Black men in the west deliberately disrespect their women calling them ugly,lazy,no good etc unlike Indians,Chinese ,Whites and Mixed folks.A couple Yoruba guys had nothing good to say about their sisters...which is utterly shameful.

I reckon Igbos and other lighter skin tribes fall higher on the beauty pole according to Euro-centric standards so Yoruba men rush towards them.Despite the rampant mixing amongst Blacks and other races most blacks get married to blacks due to there not being a full openness to mixing by the other races.I suspect similar will hold in Naija in that though Yoruba guys mix with Igbos...most Igbo girls prefer their own men.

The best advice I can give to Yoruba chics like the Black women in the west...do u.Surely life goes and you can't correct a man who have been conditioned to dislike self and kind.You just embrace those who embrace you and screw the rest.

For me,I embrace Blackness in all its manifestation so I will never label a sister who is dark or whatever as ugly despite the fact that I am not exactly dark.At the same time I wants no self-hating negro around me either.

Naija has an obsession with light skin like Jamaica.

You guys keep pulling your own stats and figures here and there grin
Dude forget story, people marry for different reason: LOVE
Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Twistaray(m): 12:40am On May 21, 2015
PreciousBro:

You just spoke my mind, I'm not one to throw tribal remarks and air my individual sentiments and thoughts that could be perceived as bigoted.(I like to keep it civil even though with differential opinions as everyone else)

Nonetheless, I think these very meagre igbos that marry non-igbos to me are un enlightened and not quite educated or should we say, not information-equipped.

I know yoruba guys marrying igbo girls is akin to touching heaven's gate gringrin However, the few igbo girls that do these are often times married to the wealthiest of them non-igbos, because I know its certainly not a thing of desired choice.

Well, they get married and get gone. Their loss and they know this.

Dey jorjor, decieve yaa self
Better marry soon grin
Forget NL rants grin grin

1 Like

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 12:40am On May 21, 2015
Follow ur heart. If u truly love her, what's tribe!?!

Buh on this Igbo Yoruba argument, everybody knows that the percentage of Yoruba men marrying Igbo ladies is higher than that of Igbo men marrying Yoruba gals.
I've seen lots of Igbo dudes married to Yoruba gals, same as Yoruba men marrying Igbo gals, buh we all know which percentage is higher.

I'm an Igbo gal, I find Yoruba men attractive, buh I doubt I'll ever get serious with one(marriage).. they are too polygamous, and don't even get me started on the in-laws wahala embarassed
Plus their juju juju stuff and dirty habits etc. personal reasons.
I heard from my frnd who married a Yoruba guy that only greeting all the in-laws in their house have tire her.
abeg I no want stress. I love my Igbo brothers anytym any day kiss

NB: Yoruba gals are beautiful, homely and fun to be with.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by nosike3(m): 12:42am On May 21, 2015
theenii:
I can see through you fool,your tribal comments are all over culture and politics section,you are the least person to give advice in this situation,you hate Yorubas with passion but who cares anyway,i wonder what they see in your hairy sisters anyway undecided
I was about to like your post until I saw that 'hairy bullsheet'!!!! Fvvk you yoruba swine!!! Dive into one of your numerous filthy carnal and drown for all I care motherfckers!!! Thanks and good night!! grin

8 Likes

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 12:45am On May 21, 2015
Twistaray:

You guys keep pulling your own stats and figures here and there grin
Dude forget story, people marry for different reason: LOVE

I am not a dude nor Igbo.Just saying from some of the comments you see on nairaland by some Yoruba guys...yo..some of you all got complexes like Blacks in the West.

I am not trying to bash Yorubas nor validate what tonychristopher try to allude at...

There is nothing wrong with Yoruba guys liking Igbo girls...but when one has to bash their own in the process something is wrong with them psychologically.

This is me saying this as a neutral observer btw.

4 Likes

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Twistaray(m): 12:46am On May 21, 2015
quimicababes:

I am not a dude nor Igbo.Just saying from some of the comments you see on nairaland by some Yoruba guys...yo..some of you all got complexes like Blacks in the West.

I am not trying to bash Yorubas nor validate what tonychristopher try to allude at...

There is nothing wrong with Yoruba guys liking Igbo girls...but when one has to bash their own in the process something is wrong with them psychologically.

This is me saying this as a neutral observer btw.

Just stop generalising, will you?
Arrright
Don't take NL too serious.
Goodnight
Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by nosike3(m): 12:47am On May 21, 2015
EroticAngelina:

Buh on this Igbo Yoruba argument, everybody knows that the percentage of Yoruba men marrying Igbo ladies is higher than that of Igbo men marrying Yoruba gals.
I've seen lots of Igbo dudes married to Yoruba gals, same as Yoruba men marrying Igbo gals, buh we all know which percentage is higher.

I'm an Igbo gal, I find Yoruba men attractive, buh I doubt I'll ever get serious with one(marriage).. they are too polygamous, and don't even get me started on the in-laws wahala embarassed
I heard from my frnd who married a Yoruba guy that only greeting all the in-laws in their house have tire her.

Chai!!! Nne are you leady to mingle?? cool I date a yoruba chick once and she was all demanding n stuffs and I am one stingy motherfcker grin but now I do exclusively Ada igbo!! Fine, sweet and good cooks not like yoruba where pepper na the only spice for food!! angry pidgin getting better!! grin

3 Likes

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by sniper77(m): 12:48am On May 21, 2015
Is he the first Yoruba man to marry an Igbo lady.Yoruba men from ages past picked their wives across the Niger and same way Igbo men travelled across the Niger to the south west to marry Yoruba women.As long as he loves his Igbo babe it is up to him to convince the girl's parents that she will be his one and only wife.The girl's parents might have witnessed a scenario of a Yoruba man chasing away his Igbo wife and marrying a Yoruba woman.It happens and it might just be few in a million and it has nothing to do with tribe but with individuals.

I am from the Niger delta and married to a wonderful Yoruba woman and I have relatives and friends married to men and women from SW,NC,SS and SE.

I also have cousins ,nieces and nephews from the aforementioned regions and friends from the NW and NE.

I have travelled to 26 states of the federation and the federal capital territory due to the nature of my job and I can bodly say no tribe is bad in Nigeria.Its an individual's inappropriate character that makes reference to his or her tribe.

If the young man loves his woman,he should do the needful and make her a happy bride.Love takes us all on a trip we least expect.

1 Like

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 12:51am On May 21, 2015
Twistaray:

Just stop generalising, will you?
Arrright
Don't NL too serious.
Goodnight

Didn't generalise...said some.

Besides even if there is a high amount of Yoruba guys who have nothing good to say about their girls...there will always be more who actually like their girls but it doesn't discount the noise being made by those who bash their own.

That noise from the few does affect Yoruba girls psychologically but then again men don't pay attention how their views and values contribute to negative pattern of behaviors like skin bleaching etc.

Anyways I am done on this topic.

2 Likes

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Twistaray(m): 12:57am On May 21, 2015
quimicababes:

Didn't generalise...said some.

Besides even if there is a high amount of Yoruba guys who have nothing good to say about their girls...there will always be more who actually like their girls but it doesn't discount the noise being made by those who bash their own.

That noise from the few does affect Yoruba girls psychologically but then again men don't pay attention how their views and values contribute to negative pattern of behaviors like skin bleaching etc.

Anyways I am done on this topic.

I see, on NL you wrote?
Issoke
What's the population of yoruba girls on NL and outside NL/offline?
Ese oo
Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 1:05am On May 21, 2015
EroticAngelina:

Many Igbo girls just chop their money and pick race when they say marriage grin grin
They are known to be generous with their money
They can even borrow money to dash a girl sef grin
Igbo men are usually stingy,love doesn't get to their pocket that much
But they said Yoruba will use the money to pay his child's school fees and give to another woman

2 Likes

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Boyooosa(m): 1:09am On May 21, 2015
Is love and tribe the same thing? pls be nice to me by allowing me to use my MB on better things.... DHUR!
Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 1:14am On May 21, 2015
nosike3:
Chai!!! Nne are you leady to mingle?? cool I date a yoruba chick once and she was all demanding n stuffs and I am one stingy motherfcker grin but now I do exclusively Ada igbo!! Fine, sweet and good cooks not like yoruba where pepper na the only spice for food!! angry pidgin getting better!! grin
lols sorry I'm taken grin
Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 1:14am On May 21, 2015
babyosisi:

Many Igbo girls just chop their money and pick race when they say marriage grin grin
They are known to be generous with their money
They can even borrow money to dash a girl sef grin
Igbo men are usually stingy,love doesn't get to their pocket that much
But they said Yoruba will use the money to pay his child's school fees and give to another woman
lols.
Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by switdick(m): 1:18am On May 21, 2015
EroticAngelina:

Madam, haba!! Don't you think you're contradicting your self, with the two bolded" lol

Try to be succinct with your thoughts, stick to what you want,first you say tribe doesn't matter then you still went on to slur people from that certain tribe.

1 Like

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Lucasbalo(m): 2:21am On May 21, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

This 2015, you guys should look beyond tribalism. Foreigners are marrying Nigerians no one complain about that. I don't see any reason
why Nigerians can't marry Nigerians. The words Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo are only a LABEL, say NO to tribalism. Remember Atiku and his wife
Titi, Babangida and his wife Maryam
You are absolutely right on target. You wonder why all this foam in the mouth bigots are never do well. Their mates are contributing positively all over the world and they are stuck in poverty hyperventilating over tribes. No wonder Nigeria is a cesspool of hate and decandense. God help Nigeria with these kind of thinking. You never see any successful Nigerian so obsessed about tribes, only the wretched ones do.

1 Like

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by VoteOutPDPJona: 2:25am On May 21, 2015
tonychristopher:

pls I have been asking this question

WHY DO YORUBA MEN FIND THE YORUBA WOMEN UNDESIRABLE?

THIS IS A POSER

YOU DEY MAD? angry angry angry
Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by DonTim1: 2:27am On May 21, 2015
@tonychristopher

1. As a child growing p in a yoruba household,nobody told me hate stories,or sold one tribe or the other bad hence reason why I easily dated and mingled with other tribes

2. Experience going from visiting various part of nigeria also showed me that most women that dated yorubaa guys did it cos of highlevel of intelectual prowess,uneasily matched inteligence,romanticnature and curiousitybegging for interest fond in my educted bros.

3. While I was in the south I dated calabar ladies whose typicaal upbring suggest u cater and carefor ur man loving him exceedingly nlike the west, education is what a gurlis made to chase first and this partly/ wholy makes her harder nut to crack for yoruba brothers(this does not imply they don't preach education thr,my pointis it takes a longer time b4a yoruba gurlis taught such)

4. Do u value what u av and is in urr face daily?

5. We yorubas aare just so open, be it our sisters or rs we find hapiness with, way to go!

Typingfrom a phone and dmn! I hate it. Forgive me typos.

And pls don't quote me hoping to start tribaaal war, I won't deem you worthy of response

1 Like

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 2:36am On May 21, 2015
lalasticlala:
A Nairalander sent me this mail. Let's help him with useful advice.

Below is the exact message, the way it came:

"Why Igbo Can't Marry Yoruba

Though we have been facing so many challenges about this before but we overcome it . they use to tell my lady, HE CAN"T MARRY U but when they all see how serious we are(Preparing for Traditional Marriage) then they came up with, IF HE MARRY U AFTER TWO KIDS HE WILL STILL MARRY HE"S TRIBE. I'm Yoruba guy while my lady is Igbo. What should i do but i love her, mean love her."

Please, if you have any useful and mature response to his message, don't hesitate to give him. Please no tribal bashings ooo. Thanks. He will be reading it..
thunder wey go fire you still dey road. ......
I wish those people u wanted to marry their sister can see this thread and pretend that they don't hear and gently use u for ritual .....ewu
Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 2:37am On May 21, 2015
lalasticlala:
A sadNairalander sent me this mail. Let's help him with useful advice.

Below is the exact message, the way it came:

"Why Igbo Can't Marry Yoruba

Though we have been facing so many challenges about this before but we overcome it . they use to tell my lady, HE CAN"T MARRY U but when they all see how serious we are(Preparing for Traditional Marriage) then they came up with, IF HE MARRY U AFTER TWO KIDS HE WILL STILL MARRY HE"S TRIBE. I'm Yoruba guy while my lady is Igbo. What should i do but i love her, mean love her."

Please, if you have any useful and mature response to his message, don't hesitate to give him. Please no tribal bashings ooo. Thanks. He will be reading it..
thunder wey go fire you still dey road. ......
I wish those people u wanted to marry their sister can see this thread and pretend that they don't hear and gently use u for ritual .....ewu

4 Likes

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Lucasbalo(m): 2:37am On May 21, 2015
babyosisi:

Say what?
They are very polygamous and it is very acceptable in their culture
Christians and Muslims
Having babies outside of wedlock is not a big deal in the Yoruba culture
It is uncommon to see a Yoruba person that doesn't have step brothers and sisters ,Christians and Muslims
Their wives and parents will even sew asho ebi and follow for the naming ceremony of the mistress' baby
Infact a mistress who conceives and bears a child automatically becomes equivalent to a wife and can claim inheritance ask any Yoruba person if that is a lie
There is a huge cultural difference between Igbos and Yorubas with regards to marriage and family and any Igbo girl marrying Yoruba should be fully informed of these differences .
Not saying every Yoruba man must end up polygamous but it is not a big deal for them
It is normal for a Yoruba man to keep mistresses and conceive babies by the mistresses and his family and wives are fully aware
Igbo girls marrying into the Yoruba culture ought to sit and have these candid discussions with the man
Observe his family and see if his father and uncles didn't do the things I just described then you know he is likely not to

I trust you Baby Hoesisi , you never fail to disappoint. You are too old for this kind of stuff. Sorry for your despicable life. How many Yoruba guys have slept with you in HoustonLand ?.

3 Likes

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 2:45am On May 21, 2015
tonychristopher:

THIS IS A POSER
let him go and marry his tribe because coming to online to seek for help has destroyed everything ......If she were myssister I can't allow her to marry him again. ..or if he insisted I will. .........mhhh
Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 2:46am On May 21, 2015
tonychristopher:

THIS IS A POSER
let him go and marry his tribe because coming to online to seek for help has destroyed everything ......If she were my sister I can't allow her to marry him again. ..or if he insisted I will. .........mhhh

2 Likes

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by knowledgeable: 2:51am On May 21, 2015
theenii:
Old fool,you are here again spitting rubbish!tribal warlord,spits on you*

No, he is saying the home truth that boarders on yoruba genes, biology and culture. ..............you all keep insulting the Igbos, while your future generations will look more and more like Igbos and less and less like yorobbers. Your fulani and hausa masters up North(even for yoruba muslims) will NOT allow you onto their daughters cos, yorubas are genetically wogly. Any yoruba man with means is heading towards SS/SE for genetic make over for their futurr offsprings while the yoruba womanhood and yoruba foods are left behind. With out SS/SE natural resources and human capital, what will remain of yorubas on this planet?. "ZERO". That's why you guys will forever sabotage, and connive against SS/SE in order to always get that tonic of life. "Prove me wrong"

12 Likes

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 2:52am On May 21, 2015
SEUN why don't you block me in this thread. ......Ç. O.W.A.R.D sad
Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by lastpage: 3:03am On May 21, 2015
jnrbayano:
He is not serious. If he were, Nairaland is the last place that will come to his mind.

Lalasticlala,

I know he must have urged you to table this to Nairalanders.

Thank you jawe!

If at this stage he still think opinion of Nl's matter so much to him in making a decision, he is not yet mature to take the plunge. wink

But let me react to some of the 'responses' here:

Love is a TWO WAY THING!
If you love her so much as you are claiming here..... and some posters are urging you to "pluck out your eyes" to prove it to her, my question is (and l can see that in the original post by lalastica),

DOES SHE LOVE YOU EQUALLY AS MUCH?

The worst kind of marriage is one in which one of the spouse is the one bending-over backwards to show love while the other is in "neutral gear" undecided

IMO, if you LOVE EACH OTHER so much, other people's opinion will not count so much.

They (both) still have a lot of work to do on their Relationship.
It is when the love is not mutual or slanted to one side, that you begin to get worried over the possible influence of "family, religious and tribal" back-stabbers
! wink wink

Advice?
Give it another six months ( live together but dont tie the knot formally) and see if BOTH of you are ready to sacrifice EVERYTHING for each other..... otherwise, O'dikwa risky!

Lastpage!
Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by lastpage: 3:08am On May 21, 2015
knowledgeable:

No, he is saying the home truth that boarders on yoruba genes, biology and culture. ..............you all keep insulting the Igbos, while your future generations will look more and more like Igbos and less and less like yorobbers. Your fulani and hausa masters up North(even for yoruba muslims) will NOT allow you onto their daughters cos, yorubas are genetically wogly. Any yoruba man with means is heading towards SS/SE for genetic make over for their futurr offsprings while the yoruba womanhood and yoruba foods are left behind. With out SS/SE natural resources and human capital, what will remain of yorubas on this planet?. "ZERO". That's why you guys will forever sabotage, and connive against SS/SE in order to always get that tonic of life. "Prove me wrong"

I see a lot of "tribal venom in some postings here and l was expecting 'this Mod' to do something about it but it seems like 'this Mods' only target a few posters from other tribes!

when people from a particular tribe start the ethnic bashing, the Mod looks the other way but if you reply once, this Mod instantly bans you!
You know yourself. undecided
Seun needs to take another look at the partiality of some of his moderators in recent times, after Jonathan lost the election.
Its becoming very nauseating!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Nobody: 3:25am On May 21, 2015
EroticAngelina:

Chai angie baby o gi no na foto di na ya profile?
Asampete
Where is Toshmann nwa mama
Toshi eeeee
Tosh
Where are you?
A cho ta ra la m gi nwanyi o
Tomato Jos grin grin

Eroticangelina ,nne forget that "I have been taken" part
If you haven't walked down the aisle,anything can be changed grin grin
Where is Toshmann
Okorobia di nma

1 Like

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by MrsChima(f): 3:35am On May 21, 2015
airmark:

Yoruba educated chics most times dey form too much and hard nut to crack. I remember when in east it was different ball game. One thing is if you get a decent igbo lady, she can remove her eye ball for you to eat. Igbo girls love yoruba guys more. Some of them confirmed to me that their dudes are over-possesive full of ego. @ Op , if you have prayed over it and you both truely love each other and the chic is not from mbaise grin, no think anything just go. I have mine with me.

I disagree. I have dated both Yoruba and Igbo guys. I can day I didn't see any difference other than Yoruba side party a lot and Igbo side go gree on money!

A man that loves or obsess over his woman is hard to habfle!

2 Likes

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by M4gunners: 3:53am On May 21, 2015
tonychristopher:

THIS IS A POSER
Emm you can open another Thread with this caption, but for now we are discussing something different .
Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by Geminirep(m): 4:09am On May 21, 2015
This is how u know people who are really intelligent and future leaders..... kudos bro! at times, it's good to let stupids know they are stupid without mincing words probably to save country's investment in education from missing like $20b crude oil money.
scholes0:

So because 0.0000001% of Yoruba men are getting married to Igbo women who LIVE in the West, all of a sudden , Yoruba men detest their own... Do this minuscule proportion of Yoruba men go out of their way to go and find Igbo women in their home region, the SE?
Your IQ must be in the negative ranges.

3 Likes

Re: He Is Yoruba But Wants To Marry An Igbo Lady: Please Advise Him by nosike3(m): 4:33am On May 21, 2015
EroticAngelina:
I hear you! angry hope he has money and is not from yolubaland? Anyways when you want money,you can halla me!!! cool ogwu ego is not for nothing! I've money! cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

My Experiences, After I Slept With Her, / GOING THROUGH A DEVASTATING BREAK UP. Please Help Me Friends!! Am Dying Silently / When A Girl Plays Hard To Get, What Should A Guy Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.