Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking (57680 Views)

Broken Eye Socket And Knocked Teeth – Lady Shares Her Story Of Domestic Violence / Little Girls Reaction To Moms Threat After She Stole A Candy Trends / Violence Relationship (ple Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by freecocoa(f): 12:55pm On May 23, 2015
coogar:

so women don't cheat with impunity in nigeria? men haven't been rigged out of elections they won? you are reaching.....
Who is a liar? Coogar is.

In which Nigeria do women cheat with impunity? Any woman who cheats hides it from her man but the men don't, if caught, they tell you how they are African men blah blah blah, the woman is then told to be happy he even comes home to her afterwards, rubbish.

How many times have a woman won an election in Nigeria? Why hasn't a woman rigged a man out ever?

Dey there dey deceive yourself, mschew.
Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by pickabeau1: 12:57pm On May 23, 2015
freecocoa:
I don't see any vacillation here but then again, people often see what they want to.tongue

BTW, I thought we were talking based on Nigerian level. Men walk about bare chested here all the time.

dont think i have seen men walking barechested anyhow except destitutes
which circles do u roll tongue tongue

Yes, it should be. Why should it be different for women?

so u support freeing d nips
can u and mizmycoli organise something for NL

1 Like

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by lilmax(m): 12:59pm On May 23, 2015
This is a good development cool

1 Like

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by coogar: 1:00pm On May 23, 2015
freecocoa:

Who is a liar? Coogar is.

In which Nigeria do women cheat with impunity? Any woman who cheats hides it from her man but the men don't, if caught, they tell you how they are African men blah blah blah, the woman is then told to be happy he even comes home to her afterwards, rubbish.

she hides it because of what her fellow women would say about her. it's like that all over the globe. whether she does it openly or secretly, cheating is cheating.

How many times have a woman won an election in Nigeria? Why hasn't a woman rigged a man out ever?

what's the ratio of men to women in politics? if more women present themselves as candidates, women would win elections. women aren't well-represented in nigerian politics because women would rather watch telemundo than take part in politics.

there's nothing men do in nigeria that women don't do. women are not prohibited in politics, education or in their chosen career. if a woman cannot win elections, it must be because she's not well-liked and fellow women like her must have voted against her.

2 Likes

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by bukatyne(f): 1:03pm On May 23, 2015
pickabeau1:
University of Califonia San Diego (UCSD) students undressed in protest of public exposure laws and the sexualization of female nipples on Library Walk during the Free the Nipple event on Wednesday.

UCSD alumna and event organizer Anni Ma explained to the UCSD Guardian that the existing laws propagate injustice.

“When I saw a covered-up nipple that protruded out from a woman’s shirt and people making fun of it, I felt that it was unfair that women [aren’t] able to walk around without a bra and be comfortable,” Ma said. “Then, I started to wonder why I can’t walk around without a shirt when men can do that.”

The event began with Ma announcing at the beginning of the event that she will “free” her br.easts, after which both male and female participants removed their shirts.

Thurgood Marshall College junior Aubrey Oxley said to the Guardian that society has been coercing women to be afraid of exposing their bodies and there is no reason for women to be afraid of what is natural.

“[As] women, we shouldn’t be uncomfortable with our bodies because these are the bodies that we have, these are the bodies that we are born with,” Oxley said. “There’s no reason for us to feel afraid other than just that what society has made us feel. We’ve been socialized to be afraid.”

Eleanor Roosevelt College freshman Annika Reno stated that, although participating in the event made her feel uncomfortable, it was a necessary act.

“It is uncomfortable for everyone, but it is something that needs to be done,” Reno said. “I think that the fact that it isn’t comfortable makes it even more compelling and revolutionary.”

It was not until the 1930s that men in the United States were legally allowed to publicly expose their nipples. Now, women across the nation are campaigning for legalization of the public exposure of female nipples, declaring that it should be considered a right.

According to Oxley, the movement began during the 2014 Topless March in New York City. Oxley discussed how the event instigated a change in people’s perceptions of female body parts.

“Men actually had to cover up their nipples, as well, but that law changed. If you look back into centuries, past women couldn’t even show their ankles because ankles were sexualized,” Oxley said. “We live in a very misogynic society where women’s bodies are hypersexualized, and this movement is the first step [away from that].”

Incoming UCSD Associated Students President Dominick Suvonnasupa told the Guardian that the event promotes gender equality in society.

“I believe that men and women should have equal opportunity and equal rights. It might seem trivial to a lot of people, but why is it that there’s inequality between guys and girls?” Suvonnasupa said. “Why can’t they be topless when they want to?”

The event concluded without any arrests or legal consequences after two hours. Ma said she believed the event was a success.

“When you know you’re right, it’s not scary,” Ma told the Guardian. “I want everyone to be comfortable with their bodies and to be comfortable enough to see other people being comfortable [with] their own bodies.”

http://ucsdguardian.org/2015/05/20/students-protest-nudity-laws-at-free-the-nipple-event/

See official event video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ISs7SFSNYk

this was discussed last year and the movement is gaining momentum
will the feminists soon stage something similar in naija... please send me ticket o
i support such movements grin

cc: bukatyne naijababe ewuro4 Timbuktou cococandy TV01 damiso tearoses anonimi idowuogbo MizMyColi coogar 5minsmadness stillfire

They want to have freedom to walk naked...

They want to be comfortable in their own bodies...

By the power vested in me as the rights granter, I give it to them.

Goodluck in their quest.

Besides, the boobs need fresh air.
Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by SAMBARRY: 1:06pm On May 23, 2015
Team nipus

shebi that's what you want to see. Are you satisfied tongue

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by freecocoa(f): 1:06pm On May 23, 2015
pickabeau1:

dont think i have seen men walking barechested anyhow except destitutes
which circles do u roll tongue tongue

so u support freeing d nips
can u and mizmycoli organise something for NL

Guess you didn't live in student areas abi? I know how those guys tormented us with their things parked in tight briefs and then top it up with their bare chest. You go say you never go any rural area too abi?

That's the point I've been trying to make, I don't see any need to walk bare chested, neither has any woman I know complained of such,so why should I start a campaign?
Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by coogar: 1:08pm On May 23, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Team nipus

shebi that's what you want to see. Are you satisfied tongue

sambarry, na your boöbs be that? grin
Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by pickabeau1: 1:13pm On May 23, 2015
bukatyne:

They want to have freedom to walk naked...

They want to be comfortable in their own bodies...

By the power vested in me as the rights granter, I give it to them.

Goodluck in their quest.

Besides, the boobs need fresh air.

so u support it... when will we have our naija version

freecocoa:
Guess you didn't live in student areas abi? I know how those guys tormented us with their things parked in tight briefs and then top it up with their bare chest. You go say you never go any rural area too abi?
That's the point I've been trying to make, I don't see any need to walk bare chested, neither has any woman I know complained of such,so why should I start a campaign?

students walk that way in their own hostels..not ealking around the campus constituting public nuisances up n down
if u dont see d need
i see the need that you need to free your nips to bring down the patriarchy tongue
Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by SAMBARRY: 1:14pm On May 23, 2015
coogar:

I just knew that is the next question you will ask that's vwhy I let the face of the girl show. Well that's not me grin

team vaseline w@nkas association. Over to you tongue tongue
Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 23, 2015
pickabeau1:

grin grin grin grin grin
I know how much otherwise productive time I've spent worrying if a babe's nipples were pointy behind the fabric. Not very much time, but still..
Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by bukatyne(f): 1:17pm On May 23, 2015
pickabeau1:

so u support it... when will we have our naija version

The day Nigerian ladies feel their rights to freeing the tips is infringed.
Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 23, 2015
freecocoa:

1. Are we talking of the same Nigeria where men see cheating as their right?

2. Where a woman is told to be quiet because a man is speaking?

3. Where a woman won the governorship election and was rigged out? Abeg no annoy me this fine afternoon o.

1. Whether Nigerian men consider it their right to cheat or not is not a matter of the law. If women feel the need to prove equality in cheating rights they should, by all means, exercise those rights and be ready for the consequences. Is it in the laws of the FRN to disallow women cheating?

2. Only foolish people are told to shut up to not stink up conversations. Men are told to shut up too, it only happens that more women are told to shut up than men.

3. So, men haven't been rigged out of elections in Nigeria. MKO that won an election and was killed must have been concealing a vagina that only IBB knew of?

Babe, please, you can do better than this.

1 Like

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by freecocoa(f): 1:18pm On May 23, 2015
coogar:

she hides it because of what her fellow women would say about her. it's like that all over the globe. whether she does it openly or secretly, cheating is cheating.

what's the ratio of men to women in politics? if more women present themselves as candidates, women would win elections. women aren't well-represented in nigerian politics because women would rather watch telemundo than take part in politics.

there's nothing men do in nigeria that women don't do. women are not prohibited in politics, education or in their chosen career. if a woman cannot win elections, it must be because she's not well-liked and fellow women like her must have voted against her.
Coogar why are you like this? How many women do you know, that cheated and still remained in her matrimonial home, vice versa? Will you coogar remain with a cheating woman? Do you see it as a big deal if a man cheats?

So women aren't well represented in politics because they'll rather watch telemundo? Chai! coogar athink you be christian? Try fear your God na, how many Nigerian men will consent to their wives going into politics? How many fathers will train their daughters in school for them to end up in politics?

Okay, so Elections in Nigeria is now free and fair? Why am I even acting surprised at your posts? As if no be you again, you wey go see white say na red, abegi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by coogar: 1:19pm On May 23, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I just knew that is the next question you will ask that's vwhy I let the face of the girl show. Well that's not me grin

so why put someone else's boöbs here? are you a coward? craw-craw dey your own böobs?

team vaseline w@nkas association. Over to you tongue tongue

oh please, spare us!
you are the serial wänker here. you have told us how you use dildòs every night to destress. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by SAMBARRY: 1:23pm On May 23, 2015
Put with HER CONCENT. If you want her number sef I will give you so you will see it live

As per dildos continue explaining how you use dildos on your ojuelegba Ashewo wink
coogar:

so why put someone else's boöbs here? are you a coward? craw-craw dey your own böobs?

oh please, spare us!
you are the serial wänker here. you have told us how you use dildòs every night to destress. cheesy
Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 23, 2015
freecocoa:

Like I implied earlier, African men can afford to fvck around boldly because they have earned that right. Women can try to do so, nobody is stopping them. Not like they don't jump cocks, they just aren't that brazen about it, and with good reason too.

How many women have contested elections in Nigeria to begin with? Why didn't Sarah Jubril contest these last elections like Buhari did, his fourth attempt by the way. And women cannot rig out men because, contrary to what you think, you don't just rig elections at Sheraton's Banquet Hall. It is rigorous work to rig, or win, an election. Women in Nigeria are not prepared to put in the work required to enjoy the taste of electoral success. Victories are earned, not quotaed out grin

3 Likes

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 23, 2015
coogar:

How can? The fallen walls of Jericho are higher than hers by now grin

1 Like

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by SAMBARRY: 1:28pm On May 23, 2015
Timbuktou:

grin grin grin

do you feel good now grin
Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 23, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin grin

do you feel good now grin
I'm always good, dear. Always. wink grin
Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by SAMBARRY: 1:31pm On May 23, 2015
Timbuktou:

I'm always good, dear. Always. wink grin
no grin

You're always angry and frustrated at the sight of my posts grin

ahennn what did your biology teacher teach you about mammary glands wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 23, 2015
Timbuktou:

Like I implied earlier, African men can afford to fvck around boldly because they have earned that right. Women can try to do so, nobody is stopping them. Not like they don't jump cocks, they just aren't that brazen about it, and with good reason too.

How many women have contested elections in Nigeria to begin with? Why didn't Sarah Jubril contest these last elections like Buhari did, his fourth attempt by the way. And women cannot rig out men because, contrary to what you think, you don't just rig elections at Sheraton's Banquet Hall. It is rigorous work to rig, or win, an election. Women in Nigeria are not prepared to put in the work required to enjoy the taste of electoral success. Victories are earned, not quotaed out grin

You need to shush! undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by freecocoa(f): 1:32pm On May 23, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. Whether Nigerian men consider it their right to cheat or not is not a matter of the law. If women feel the need to prove equality in cheating rights they should, by all means, exercise those rights and be ready for the consequences. Is it in the laws of the FRN to disallow women cheating?

2. Only foolish people are told to shut up to not stink up conversations. Men are told to shut up too, it only happens that more women are told to shut up than men.

3. So, men haven't been rigged out of elections in Nigeria. MKO that won an election and was killed must have been concealing a vagina that only IBB knew of?

Babe, please, you can do better than this.
Who call you? Amebo.tongue

1. It is not about wanting to be equal as regards cheating, it is merely but pointing out one of the areas men exercise what they consider a right, using it as point, proving that men are superior to women. As if, cheating, is something to be proud of, psst.

2. My friend use ya headangry. Asking a woman to shut up in this context, is not because she is a f00l, but because she is a woman, lesser than a man, therefore needs to give him reverence.

3.You can take it out of context all you want but at the end, you sef know what's being said here is true. Nansenze.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 23, 2015
freecocoa:
Coogar why are you like this? How many women do you know, that cheated and still remained in her matrimonial home, vice versa? Will you coogar remain with a cheating woman? Do you see it as a big deal if a man cheats?

So women aren't well represented in politics because they'll rather watch telemundo? Chai! coogar athink you be christian? Try fear your God na, how many Nigerian men will consent to their wives going into politics? How many fathers will train their daughters in school for them to end up in politics?

Okay, so Elections in Nigeria is now free and fair? Why am I even acting surprised at your posts? As if no be you again, you wey go see white say na red, abegi.

That's the point. Be ready to live with the consequences of your actions. If an action is detrimental to you, it stands to reason that such would/should be avoided, doesn't it. And if there's no significant deterrent there will usually be more indulgence in it. Simple logic.

How many women have the resources to join Nigerian politics to begin with? And if they are so politically inclined, why not just leave their husbands and go after their 'dreams'. The truth is the vast majority of women cannot cope with the demands of politics. Take it or leave it.
Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by coogar: 1:33pm On May 23, 2015
freecocoa:

blame the women for valuing themselves so cheaply. men have generally set a high standard for themselves. if his wife cheats, that's the end of the relationship. no ifs, no buts.

women on the other hand would scour for the most pathetic excuses to stay in abusive relationships. you start hearing things like....

•he's my first love.
•he deflowered me
•he's my childhood love
•i cannot let another man see my nüdity
•men will always be men, no biggie!
•how do i explain my hymën loss to another man?

are you saying there's a law in nigeria that prevents women from leaving an abusive relationship? a woman cannot leave a cheating husband in nigeria? really?

not all women in nigeria are married, abeg!
the number of single mothers in nigeria is about 20 million. why aren't any of these women in politics. if all the women in nigeria back a particular female presidential candidate, she would win by a land slide victory.

it's free & fair by our standard.
men also get rigged out of elections. don't make this look like there's a particular system working against women to lead the country. genevieve nnaji is a good ambassador of women. if every woman in nigeria puts their support behind her, she would win the next presidential election in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 23, 2015
SAMBARRY:
no grin

You're always angry and frustrated at the sight of my posts grin

ahennn what did your biology teacher teach you about mammary glands wink
Hehehe. If I didn't know better, I'd confuse you with an apprentice of TB Joshua's with all your fake and faulty conclusions.

Tbf, don't remember much from biology classes, I, however, do know quite a lot from real life experiences. I assure you, I'm quite vast in the field of breazts and nippoos. grin What exactly are you driving at?
Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by freecocoa(f): 1:38pm On May 23, 2015
Timbuktou:

That's the point. Be ready to live with the consequences of your actions. If an action is detrimental to you, it stands to reason that such would/should be avoided, doesn't it. And if there's no significant deterrent there will usually be more indulgence in it. Simple logic.

How many women have the resources to join Nigerian politics to begin with? And if they are so politically inclined, why not just leave their husbands and go after their 'dreams'. The truth is the vast majority of women cannot cope with the demands of politics. Take it or leave it.
1. The said actions wouldn't be considered detrimental, if men hadn't made it so in the first place, that's the whole point of wanting gender equality.

2.Rubbish, why do these women lack the resources in the first place? Because they've been marginalised, this is why we are fighting for equal rights.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 23, 2015
Justfollowit:

You need to shush! undecided

I would if I had your nipplez in my mouth or my fingers in your puss. You have to give me alternatives, darling. grin. Be a dear and conform.

3 Likes

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by coogar: 1:43pm On May 23, 2015
Timbuktou:

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by pickabeau1: 1:44pm On May 23, 2015
BoboYekini:
I know how much otherwise productive time I've spent worrying if a babe's nipples were pointy behind the fabric. Not very much time, but still..

i feel u..

what of the sadness one feels when confronted with slippers due to the proliferation of push ups

bukatyne:

The day Nigerian ladies feel their rights to freeing the tips is infringed.

are naija ladies free to free their nip-ples presently
Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by SAMBARRY: 1:45pm On May 23, 2015
Didn't your biology teacher teach you the laws of gravity that whatever goes up must come down wink

It is not news that a woman's breast will remain upstanding forever wink grin

so of course it has to obey the law of gravity. Abi is your momsis own still the same after she born you grin

so obviously your post is a statement of fact and not news that it has fallen. Every woman's breast is subject to the laws of gravity grin
Timbuktou:

Hehehe. If I didn't know better, I'd confuse you with an apprentice of TB Joshua's with all your fake and faulty conclusions.

Tbf, don't remember much from biology classes, I, however, do know quite a lot from real life experiences. I assure you, I'm quite vast in the field of breazts and nippoos. grin What exactly are you driving at?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free The Nip-ple Protest - Eye Candy or Groundbreaking by SAMBARRY: 1:49pm On May 23, 2015
coogar:

grin grin grin grin

why the laughter na shocked grin

so you too never see or hear say woman's breast dey fall? shocked grin grin grin

your biology teachers did a very poor work on you people lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After / My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years / Mother Buys Ford Mustang For Her Son For His 21st Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.