Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,787 members, 7,813,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century (37387 Views)

Lady's 21st Birthday Photos Got People Doubting Her Age / Help! I Feel Like A 21st Century Witch / Is This Billboard Discouraging Or Encouraging Sexual Immorality? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by safarigirl(f): 5:14pm On May 26, 2015
desmondDessi:

and I was thinking u meant so NO TO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE, now u are saying ur title can mean many things or relating it to multiple meaning.....have been reading all comment,u come make me vex now......You are 21,right.....same here with me,everybody asking u if u are a virgin.....with all wat u have been saying aside your topic....YOU ARE NOT A VIRGIN.

lol. Thanks for your opinion, but it's of no importance to me. My status as a virgin is one that concerns just 1 person, and that person is NOT YOU smiley

2 Likes

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 26, 2015
The OP & some other comments give one a little hope on this generation. God bless you ma'am.

2 Likes

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 26, 2015
steppin:
Op, you're acting all mature and very much like virgin mary.
When push comes to shove....na u go still carry two legs up dey shout alleluia.
Na this kain girl dey do cook and dry cleaner for her Bf house.
Which push and which shove? What are you saying? That it's better to sleep around or what?
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by tommychow(m): 5:18pm On May 26, 2015
All this coming to a thread to form smartass.The point of the thread is that women who have premarital sex should be responsible for the repercussions and not complain ignorantly. That's all you need to know, argue on that. Stop your bi.tch move of tryna use her word against her.

And when she meant "dipping your hand inside fire", she meant premarital sex. Do we have to break it down like you all are in Nursery school?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 26, 2015
lomprico:

Erisan! u dont have work o! Other than trying to scam people.
Na work naa! It's not easy to post the same comment on every thread. In the end, one mugu will be gullible enough to fall for the bs.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 26, 2015
That's what Nollywood celebrates today. It is normal to tell your parents that you will sleep at your boyfriend's house tonight.
You see parents jumping up to celebrate the pregnancy of their unmarried daughter.

Fornication has now been abbreviated to FUN!

4 Likes

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by safarigirl(f): 5:27pm On May 26, 2015
tommychow:

All this coming to a thread to form smartass.The point of the thread is that women who have premarital sex should be responsible for the repercussions and not complain ignorantly. That's all you need to know, argue on that. Stop your bi.tch move of tryna use her word against her.

And when she meant "dipping your hand inside fire", she meant premarital sex. Do we have to break it down like you all are in Nursery school?
FINALLY! Someone who gets it. Bless you for your superior intellect dearie

3 Likes

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by jearile(m): 5:28pm On May 26, 2015
safarigirl:
I never said having sex was bad, it just shouldn't be justified. I said people should stop making excuses for it. If you read the last part of my write-up, you'd see where I said that.
Electricity is not a bad invention yet you can get electrocuted if you play around with it.
Truth never gets outdated, it never gets out of fashion, it remains truth any day, anytime and anywhere no matter the level of civilization. It's our effort to redefine the truth that brings us into trouble - "we cannot do anything against the truth but for the truth." Sex is strictly for a husband and wife and anything else makes it bad - void of its original purpose. That you and I are guilty of violating it does not impede the authenticity of this truth so it's high time we stopped perming counterfeited philosophies and ideologies to silent/calm/ease our consciences or that will suit our actions. Some things are bigger than religion and this (sex) happens to be one of those things - the foolishness of God is wiser than men and only a FOOL will say there's no GOD!

Man, thou hath inexcusable! Accept that it's wrong even if you don't wish to change or stop it.

Buttressing your point @OP...

3 Likes

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by twosquare(m): 5:29pm On May 26, 2015
deeptesting:

I recently found Christ and doing all my best to live in accordance with his will through the help of the holy spirit. I was happy and my spirit leaped in joy when i read your opinion and that of the OP.. It is pretty difficult to live in this part of the world as a true follower of Jesus Christ but what will a follower of Christ be without temptation and ridicule?

However, i find it so hard to understand when those who profess Christianity are caught living a double life in the simplest of things, please i hope you and the OP are not into collecting money and gifts from these boys and later turn around to deny them sex? The Bible says "Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God".

The Bible also in James 1:27b says" We should keep oneself unspotted from the world"

It is my prayer that you girls keep to your faith and know that God will reward you earnestly that which you have lost in 21 folds.
not all wish to live a double standard life...some it is deliberate, while others fall from their stand!! You should know about spiritual warfare and some if not strong will be subdued by it. What is wrong is continuing in it. I concur with safarigirl. I have experienced all sides, both sin and righteousness. And I tell you, righteousness pays and it is lovely. I have experienced the torments of sin and the uplifting of righteousness. I came to a conclusion: those who continue to engage in it outside the designated institution have a seared conscience or none at all. Something is just wrong somewhere when you feel cool and no remorse. No justification for transgression and I pray that God should not erase the memory of what have known if I encountered a sin situation!!

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by jazzy4naija(m): 5:34pm On May 26, 2015
marrying as a virgin does not guarantee u would make a good wife just saying

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by desmondDessi(m): 5:37pm On May 26, 2015
safarigirl:
lol. Thanks for your opinion, but it's of no importance to me. My status as a virgin is one that concerns just 1 person, and that person is NOT YOU smiley
ur status as a Virgin? lolz.....it does not concern me,am not begging it should.....wat am saying,when u write or u are writing....be focus... than giving it multiple meaning abeg.

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by preetyb(f): 5:38pm On May 26, 2015
The truth is the minds of the teenagers and youths of this present generation is not just corrupt but fill with hatred for the truth and that is why you see a guy telling a girl that fornication is not sin if it is being done on a mutual consent.

Others will say if fornication is a sin God wont have allowed us to be having the urge for sex as teenagers and youth before marriage.

I wonder if this world will ever get better. Sin has become a normal thing to some of us that we no longer hide it. Some can no longer do without sin for a day. Unfortunately no matter how well we try to justify fornication, it wont change what our creator says about it. May God help us to keep our body holy.

5 Likes

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by deemma(m): 5:41pm On May 26, 2015
show me the man that will not feel very happy especially if he discovers his wife/girlfriend is still a virgin man especially a wife,i go do honeymoon for that bed for 2full weeks.Ladies pls keep em tite we guys wl preciate u more.

2 Likes

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by safarigirl(f): 5:44pm On May 26, 2015
jazzy4naija:
marrying as a virgin does not guarantee u would make a good wife just saying
you fail to get the point

2 Likes

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 5:46pm On May 26, 2015
I like this
twosquare:
not all wish to live a double standard life...some it is deliberate, while others fall from their stand!! You should know about spiritual warfare and some if not strong will be subdued by it. What is wrong is continuing in it. I concur with safarigirl. I have experienced all sides, both sin and righteousness. And I tell you, righteousness pays and it is lovely. I have experienced the torments of sin and the uplifting of righteousness. I came to a conclusion: those who continue to engage in it outside the designated institution have a seared conscience or none at all. Something is just wrong somewhere when you feel cool and no remorse. No justification for transgression and I pray that God should not erase the memory of what have known if I encountered a sin situation!!

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 5:48pm On May 26, 2015
preetyb:

Others will say if fornication is a sin God wont have allowed us to be having the urge for sex as teenagers and youth before marriage.
but explain this part oo.. am not justifying forn sha
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by safarigirl(f): 5:56pm On May 26, 2015
desmondDessi:

ur status as a Virgin? lolz.....it does not concern me,am not begging it should.....wat am saying,when u write or u are writing....be focus... than giving it multiple meaning abeg.
if you didn't understand my point, you need to go through this page for someone who does

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 5:57pm On May 26, 2015
ravgach:

Sex is not immorality. Illicit sex is! When sex is abused, it becomes illicit. Sex between unmarried people or between people who are married but not to each other. Humans are not animals. Even animals like the eagles keep a life partner for life. We as humans ought to be better because we have better and greater intellectual power. How on earth is it that a woman or man in early adulthood has had sex with more than 100 different persons already! How is it that a man and woman who have never met before in their life, engage in sexual activity in just few hours of meeting? Let us be humans with dignity. "immorality" is not a religious term. It does not only cover illicit sexual acts. You must not be confused.
Who made you judge? How do you determine what is moral and immoral? Does two strangers deciding to have sex affect you in any way? Who does it harm?
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 5:59pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:
Who made you judge? How do you determine what is moral and immoral? Does two strangers deciding to have sex affect you in any way? Who does it harm?

eehhhhn... what is ur own point oo undecided
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 6:08pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:
eehhhhn... what is ur own point oo undecided
My point is that, whatever two consenting adults, decide to do with their bodies, that is not against the law is not your business, therefore, you have no right to label people.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 6:12pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:
My point is that, whatever two consenting adults, decide to do with their bodies, that is not against the law is not your business, therefore, you have no right to label people.
my focal point is that how then is it not immoral? So two consenting adults cannot be immoral?
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 6:19pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:
my focal point is that how then is it not immoral? So two consenting adults cannot be immoral?
It's not a one size fits all thing, you can't impose your definition of what is immoral on people. Morality is subjective.

2 Likes

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 6:24pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:
It's not a one size fits all thing, you can't impose your definition of what is immoral on people. Morality is subjective.
Really? Its like a thief saying he doesn't believe stealing from the white man is immoral because the white man stole our resources years back.. You really think because he "thinks this" he isn't immoral,,? Madam Morality or Immorality does not depend on what you think; there are some implied divine laws that govern the universe; what you think does not change them

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by joseph1832(m): 6:26pm On May 26, 2015
safarigirl:
maybe because they knew the purpose and when to use it. That someone does something doesn't make it right
And how do you know what is right? You should know that the word 'right' is relative.

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 6:29pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:
Really? Its like a thief saying he doesn't believe stealing from the white man is immoral because the white man stole our resources years back.. You really think because he "thinks this" he isn't immoral,,? Madam Morality or Immorality does not depend on what you think; there are some implied divine laws that govern the universe; what you think does not change them
Na wa o.
How can you come up with the analogy of a thief in comparison to what's being discussed here? Did you not read where I said that so long as people aren't breaking any laws, then they are well within their rights? If my memory serves me right, stealing is a crime,no?

When you say 'divine laws' what do you mean? Who made these laws please?

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 6:35pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:
Na wa o.
How can you come up with the analogy of a thief in comparison to what's being discussed here. Did you not read where I said that so long as people aren't breaking any laws, then they are well within their rights? If my memory serves me right, stealing is a crime,no?

When you say 'divine laws' what do you mean? Who made these laws please?
are u trying to say morality depend on man made laws only,?

Stealing is wrong but that analogy was meant to debunk your statement that morality is subjective of which amazingly you have contradicted yourself by insinuating that stealing is immoral.

By divine laws, I mean laws placed by the creator of the universe
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by pbs4real(m): 6:36pm On May 26, 2015
raayah:

You're a very strong woman and I admire your decision to stick with your belief.
cute smile,btw re u running an advert for closeup?lol
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by ndubisik(m): 6:41pm On May 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 6:46pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:
are u trying to say morality depend on man made laws only,?

Stealing is wrong but that analogy was meant to debunk your statement that morality is subjective of which amazingly you have contradicted yourself by insinuating that stealing is immoral.

By divine laws, I mean laws placed by the creator of the universe
Ol' boy! This is more serious than I thought o, seriously though, we can't have a logical discourse if you go religious on me. How can you not realize that not everyone does religion, and even the people that do, practice differently? Therefore there will be difference in opinions and beliefs.

Man made laws are what everyone under such laws must abide by, if you default, then you face the consequences so anything considered under such accepted laws as immoral, must be deemed such by all, ignorance is not an excuse here.

Now pray tell, how can you, knowing all the above, still say sex(an intimate act involving two or more consenting adults) which doesn't break any laws as recognised by all and sundry, is immoral?

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by deeptesting(m): 6:47pm On May 26, 2015
twosquare:

I am with you, i am concerned about those who deliberately grieve the holy spirit... 1John 1:8 and 2:5 clearly shows that we will still fall short of God's standard & all we need is to pray for repentance, meaning "having a change of mind" not to repeat such.

Thank you for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 6:52pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:
Ol' boy! This is more serious than I thought o, seriously though, we can't have a logical discourse if you go religious on me. How can you not realize that not everyone does religion, and even the people that do, practice differently? Therefore there will be difference in opinions and beliefs.

Man made laws are what everyone under such laws must abide by, if you default, then you face the consequences so anything considered under such accepted laws as immoral, must be deemed such by all, ignorance is not an excuse here.

Now pray tell, how can you, knowing all the above, still say sex(an intimate act involving two or more consenting adults) which doesn't break any laws as recognised by all and sundry, is immoral?

I will pretend you know what you are saying by acting non-religious to the extent of not acknowledging divine laws..

So if Fornication is stated as an offence in Nigeria, would you acknowledge it as an inmoral act?

Do you see homosexuality as immoral,?

And to think you have contradicted yourself again by telling us what is immoral and what is not *Stating we should abide by man made laws*; after ignorantly telling ravgach who he is to tell us what is moral and immoral
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by raayah(f): 6:59pm On May 26, 2015
pbs4real:
cute smile,btw re u running an advert for closeup?lol

Thank you sir!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is Going On With Ladies ? / Why Can't Our Girls Stay In One Place? / Lady Accuses Eno Obong Okon Of Deceiving Her With Marriage Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.