Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Jenifa the. blockbuster - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jenifa the. blockbuster (17039 Views)

Funke Akindele's Jenifa's Diary Showing On Air On Stv. How Is It? / Alakada Or Jenifa? / Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 8:39pm On Mar 27, 2009
@ Larayat
check out the music video we made in the late 90's. compare the musc video to the ones we make now. even we are respected in Africa when it comes to music videos. our music are very good now. we even shoot on 35mm film that very few south africans can afford.

but talk about our films its still the quality of 15 years ago. infact the standard has dropped. AFTER 15 YEARS our film industry has not improved and we explain it away by saying we are still growing. no man we are not ready for change and we even fight change. thats why people like me get shut down when we say anything bad about the poor quality of nollywood.

i said we cos i still see myself as a nigerian film maker. i wont say cos i'm not in nigerian i no be naaija again. i have a film i'm writing for naija and when i'm done i will source for finance and shoot it in naija.

if there is any good anija film i do appreciate it. there are some old school naija film that i respect. take for example i fell keeping faith with RMD and this girl was good.

There is money in naija. its just that they dont want to spend on film cos the marketers buy it for ridiculous price. why will people like dbang come and spend millions of naira on 4 minutes music video and we cant spend that much on part 1, 2, 3 films that we make.

cheers
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by larayat(f): 6:30pm On Mar 28, 2009
@bishoptboy
GOSH,i couldnt understand a sodding tin u said abt music video cos am only intrested in talking jenifa bt one tin for sure is frm d time i started watching nig films i knw dey are definately improving 4GOD sake,aw can u compare 15 years production to dis time, n u saying it has dropped dats really bad n i tink am really intrested in watching your so called movie wen its out, chao
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 8:55pm On Mar 28, 2009
ok ok. tell me if Jenifa is better than saworiode. how many film makers have ever achieved the level of art direction that Oleku pulled off. can you compare the quality of Jenifa to hostages. i'm saying we are not improving our standard. the films people shout about dont make any sense again. i asked myself if people are shouting Jenifa is a great film and i saw a film that was very and i mean it very bad! i ask myself this question. "what did nollywood do to our people's taste that Jenifa has become the "blockbuster" to many" a film with bad art direction, bad casting (old women calling themselves jambite as if we didnt go to university in nigeria), bad acting, bad script. i think our people need to stop watching rubbish and get their taste back on track.
I dont have to make a movie to be able to criticise bad movies. over 90% of movie critics all over the world dont make any movie but they are feared by movie makers because they are the ones that will either tear down the films or praise it. we shut down our ears to critics like a dog that wants to get lost and decides not to hear the whistle of the hunter

Larayat pick a good old film made in the 90's and compare it to the ones being made now and tell me what you think.

I think i agree with veira that it should be a sketch show. there are some few funny village people like aderupoko and that suliat boyfriend grin. apart from that every other thing is rubbish.
holla
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by larayat(f): 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2009
@bishoptboy,y wud i compare two diff films wit diff tins such as,storyline,setting n as u"ve said directing n to tink of comparing saworoide,hostages or wat av u.n nw to counter wat u av said earlier tank GOD u knw our producers are d one who made d films u were comparing wit jenifa so wats d point, if old women are acting role meant 4 teenegers wats d big deal at least its done perfectly well n i mean perfectly, cos dat wat a film is all abt being able to interpret d roles given to u well n even do u want to tell me der are no older women in our universities,good acting bt not a new script.

Remember u were d one making such fuss ova d film u are producing n 4 real i wud want to be der wen ur film makes it to d oscars, n i culdnt agree less wit u ova wat veira said u knw pple of like minds go together,
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 6:50am On Mar 29, 2009
firstly there is no two films that are to be the same. if there are two films that are the same then one is not necessary. I'm comparing two Yoruba/nollywood films i.e saworiode and Jenifa. i asked you to compare two films one from the early 90's and one from now annd tell me how we have improved. but you didnt. all you are talking of is "lets see if your film makes it to oscars" that is the problem i have been shouting. dont attach me lets talk Jenifa and nollywood.
secondly i never contradicted myself. i said nollywood makes bad movies and the ones we made years back are sometimes better than what we are making now. Tunde Kelani is known for good yoruba films.

thirldly if you caled what those old women did as perfect then i think we should stop this talk cos i guess you dont even know good acting. you call that over the top perfect acting. you need to ask someone who knows good acting to tell you what a good acting is. Nollywood is known outside of nigeria for over the top acting which you can only find on stage and not film. someone needs to teach those guys what good acting is. for me that was bad acting.
talking of casting if you cast wrongly you cant convince me that wrong casting gives good acting. its like argueing with the police that your 5 years old boy can drive very well. he is 5 man! he is not supposed to be driving. why cant they cast young girls that can act. are you telling me they cant find any. its like casting a 25 years old boy to be a grand dad and saying he acted it well. even if he did it wont be convincing.

Larayat this is not about winning an arguement, its about seeing the truth and accepting it. if we continue to run nollywood the way its run now, mark my words 100 years from now we wont grow. if nollywood need to grow then we neeed to change the whole process of film making. its only in nollywood that marketers call the shot.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by topup: 2:46am On Mar 30, 2009
It's halfway on the way to becoming a really great film, for me it just lacks somewhat in different areas. There are some key parts which are truly hillarious and probably should have been played on a bit more.

I didn't like the move to 'tribal/traditional' scripting, it seemed as if Jenifa was trying to hard to be that movie that has everything.

The plot about the big girls was quite strange, she had no qualms about selling her body for sex, I thought the character of Jenifa wasn't completely stupid.

I liked the humour, it wasn't trying too hard, the acting could have been better (though I really like the actress who played Jenifa/Suliyat (man I've forgotten her name)).

With maybe a spin-off or more development a great movie can be made from a similar plot (minus the tribal/kidnapping/slaughtering bits).
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 30, 2009
Can someone pls post the link to the Video?
Chiurs cool
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by larayat(f): 12:10am On Apr 01, 2009
@bishoptboy, just resum n av been busy doin reg i just want u 2 knw sometin cos it seems u always ready 4 argument, jenifa wud always b to me a nice n hilarious film to me irrespective of wat u or anybody say abt its standard, n if u are so ready for critizism den u can honorably go on and on, its a free worid n at least dat wud nt stop funke frm still selling copies per day so, its still jenifa, chao.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2009
haleluyah she is selling. ok , you don win larayat. i give up jenifa is da real "naija blockbuster".
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by larayat(f): 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2009
okay hands down,sefini
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by lekside44(m): 10:33pm On Apr 02, 2009
movies in present nigeria are no movies but junks except from gurus like tunde kelani and few others who sit down, think, and spend alot of money and time producing a movie. jenifa, however been one of these junks can really be a good way to waste time behind the screen. at least for the yoruba
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by larayat(f): 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2009
quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 12:16am On Apr 05, 2009
this is what they say if you kill one prophet, seven will rise. I leave lakeside 44 and larayat to continue the argument. grin cheesy wink
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by larayat(f): 9:16am On Apr 06, 2009
@ bishoptboy,na u sabiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii so,lakeside,ur bros don run.so if u tink u are up to it den bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.i;ll be suer waiting 4 ya all
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 11:07am On Apr 06, 2009
Larayat, Larayat, Larayat! how many time i call you. grin its not about winning an argument cos i have learnt that once people want to win an argument they close their eyes to the truth. I'm not into argument. YOU WIN if thats what you want. But know this Jenifa remains a very very bad film and i gave you reason why its bad but you dont have reasons why its good cos you never even analyse a film!

If Lakesisde doesnt return lets rest the case. you don win!!!!
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by lekside44(m): 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2009
i am not out to drag views with any body. after all every body is entitled to its own opinion ( even with couples and twins) generally i am not moved by niger stuff and even many new foreign films. i only watch what will while away my time and caugth my attension. i love quality and creativity which many of nigerian movies lack due to technical capability and fundings, but at least try to patronise few of "tin wa tin wa" our own. i am happy and will be happy to see great things "videos" comes out of this country. that is my view and no more[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by larayat(f): 8:57pm On Apr 06, 2009
do u av to shout my name on dis forum like dat,gosh u are sooooooooooooooooooooooi'll save my breath
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by grafikdon: 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2009
The Funke girl won the AMAA  award for the Best Actress in a leading role category (African Oscar cheesy cheesy cool)I saw a little bit of that movie where she was the  pajama and boots village girl felling funky on campus. . .that was convincingly embarrassing, even I felt the embarrassment and actually hoped she wouldn't compound the situation with some off color remark (I believe she did)embarassed embarassed. I will watch the full movie later in the weekend. Went to a store last weekend and left empty handed 'cause they had only bootleg copies. . . I am feelin' the movie(from the little I saw) so I am not going to give my money to no bloody pirate. angry
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:18pm On Apr 06, 2009
grafikdon:

ThI am feelin' the movie(from the little I saw) so I am not going to give my money to no bloody pirate. angry

smiley

where will you go instead?
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by grafikdon: 10:33pm On Apr 06, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

smiley

where will you go instead?

My people in Nigeria and Netherlands always hook me up with Original Naija movies cool, I think it is worth the wait. Besides It would be nice for my collection since I only collect movies that I actually like. I just hope they have it on DVD 'cause I just throw all the VCD bullcrap into some box. lipsrsealed
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:13pm On Apr 06, 2009
grafikdon:

My people in Nigeria and Netherlands always hook me up with Original Naija movies cool, I think it is worth the wait. Besides It would be nice for my collection since I only collect movies that I actually like. I just hope they have it on DVD 'cause I just throw all the VCD bullcrap into some box. lipsrsealed

Ditto cant stand VCD. You live in the city right? there are some shops in Queens/Brooklyn/Bronx that sell REAL Naija DVDs.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by vescucci(m): 1:46am On Apr 08, 2009
It seems I'm missing out on something good. Since last year I've heard nothing but positive stuff about this film; even from the hard-core cynics
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by grafikdon: 4:30am On Apr 08, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Ditto cant stand VCD. You live in the city right? there are some shops in Queens/Brooklyn/Bronx that sell REAL Naija DVDs.

I know quite a few in Queens and Brooklyn but 90% of the time, they try to sell you a "lemon" grin. There's the Sanga guys or whatever . . . Seen a couple of their DVDs and they look pretty decent and very authentic but unfortunately, it was that "Beyonce" film that nearly scrambled whatever I have inside my skull (very cheap fraudulent title angry angry). I heard they have some arrangement with Nollygolly people to repackage those imbecilic VCds and put everything on DVD. . .
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:32am On Apr 08, 2009
Yea Sanga is good.

grafikdon:

I know quite a few in Queens and Brooklyn but 90% of the time, they try to sell you a "lemon" grin. .

Make them play it at their shop before buying wink
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Orilee9ice(m): 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2009
suliat kan aiyetoro kan, dont mind the haters they dont apprciate anything unless its from "abroad" i thot it was good despite the flaws, i laughed for ever, still am when i rememeber all the catchphrases like gbogbo bigs galz, donjazzy re, we gats 2 belongs, quite unique, i think she has made a name for herself and she ill not be 4gotten in a hurry
GO ON SOHUN JARE MY SISTHA! IYA WON, awon ti won ba ni o ni di bigz gals, Kongon a soo!!
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by agabaI23(m): 2:22pm On Apr 08, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Yea Sanga is good.

Make them play it at their shop before buying wink

How did you bribe Seun for him to release your name. Confess! what did you promise him?

@topic

Jenifa won her the best actress. Good for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2009
My first set of twins cheesy
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by larayat(f): 10:34pm On Apr 08, 2009
sure ite jenifa 4 me all da time, haters,RUN cheesy
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 08, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

My first set of twins cheesy
. shocked shocked shocked shocked you don marry be that. . . .Seun will soon be a father grin grin
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Eeyore(m): 2:37pm On Apr 16, 2009
I don't really dig our naija films as most of them tend to leave a bad taste in my mouth. But after coming across countless reviews about "Jenifa", I got the film and sat down to watch.

Well, it started promisingly but then, somewhere along the line, something happened on the way to heaven and making the effort to complete the part 2 was comparable to watching paint dry on the wall.

That Funke Akindele girl used to be one of the reasons why I bothered with "I Need To Know" back in the day, but I dare say that "Jenifa" was in bad taste. I mean, forget about patriotism and the need to promote our own, I, personally, watch movies to get entertained. And "Jenifa" failed abysmally on that score.

No doubt, she is a good actress, but even that alone could not salvage "Jenifa".

Y'all can get out the nails and crucify me, but that's my two kobo.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by origina9ja(f): 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2009
the movie is good
notting special 2 me sha
i like the girl that acted Jenifa
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by morinelove: 8:26am On Apr 27, 2009
Hello
My name is morine,i saw your profile today and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my private e-mail address so that i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.

Here is my private email address (morineazikolo@yahoo.com) I believe we can move from here I am waiting.to se your mail to my address,,
(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Thanks
morine,,

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? / Top 10 Telegram Channels To Get Movies For Free In 2022 / BBNaija: Frodd Wins Head Of House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.