Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,140 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Jenifa the. blockbuster - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jenifa the. blockbuster (17036 Views)

Funke Akindele's Jenifa's Diary Showing On Air On Stv. How Is It? / Alakada Or Jenifa? / Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by PurestBoy(m): 11:52am On Feb 23, 2009
Dumbest film of the year. Overrated and got me irritated. Same old storyline and Funke Akindele I repeat, is even more moronic than I thought
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Reptyle(m): 12:55pm On Feb 23, 2009
Jenifa!!! Wondered what all the hype was about so got me a copy and settled down to it. Finished watching it in about 15 minutes with my finger constantly on FFWD. A few laffs here and there; nothing new or special here just the cliched and archetypal villager in the city role duplicated in several home videos. The film marketers did a fantastic job packaging this load of crap for sale and actually fooling a lot of us into buying. The part 2 was an absolute no-brainer. Definitely not the worst home video I have seen. But going by the noise pre and post release, I expected a lot more.

I seriously await Kelani's "Arugba"
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by DExplorer1: 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2009
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by DExplorer1: 1:50pm On Feb 23, 2009
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by tayoTFC(m): 1:50pm On Feb 23, 2009
@bishop,
 whether u like am , abi u no like am, she sold over a million copy of the cassate home and abroad,
as intellectual this mean pple appreciate the good work the small girl did at the age less than 30yrs, the cassate make her a thousandnaire,. BOUGTH JEEP FOR HER PARENT, HOW MANY NIGERIA GRADUATE AT THIS AGE CAN AFFORD TO BUY CAR WITHOUT FINANCE LEASEE , EVEN WE THE BANKERS, BROS BE SINCERE, SULIA KAN AYETORO KAN,
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by tayoTFC(m): 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2009
cheesy grin angry grin cheesy wink smileyPOORESST OR PUREREST, SULIA KAN , AYETORO KAN,
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by akym(m): 3:05pm On Feb 23, 2009
@tayoTFC,

The problem with some pple is that they dont appreciate other pple great work.

One more thing before i almost 4get is. SULIA KAN , AYETORO KAN.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Rekky(f): 3:58pm On Feb 23, 2009
PurestBoy:

Dumbest film of the year. Overrated and got me irritated. Same old storyline and Funke Akindele I repeat, is even more moronic than I thought

PurestBoy, it is not compulsory u say anything u know, if u don't like d post y not just leave it ad go on to the ones you like. Which film have u produced yourself, u just sit there criticising someone for her good works. Take time ooh.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by seunallday: 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2009
great acting from the babe, whts her name again, nothin more.

its not a classic movie, just a good one that shouldnt have had a part 2.

@darkroll, slumdog millionaire was a british production, yeah it was beautifully adapted from an indian book tho,

@all, av seen arugba, its not all dat neither, ranks amongst TK's worst as far as storytellin and directing goes
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by laniks: 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2009
I loved the movie; I actually watched it twice!
suliat kan, aiyetoro kan
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by tommyex(m): 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2009
Yep, i repeat d movie to know that as nigerians we just wana laugh.
Brilliant idea, though she does not have all d technical stuff a great producer will have, but ask ur home videos when some finally did good pictures,

At least u bought d film, thanks 4 d patronage haters.

Yea, she acted well, she is a brilliant actress
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by kingron: 12:19am On Feb 24, 2009
Sum guys get bad bele, purest boy if its ur work they spoil lyk dat se u go happy.to me, i am not sure, dis film should be d highest sold film 4 08/09.how many yoruba film got so popular or sold dis ammount.sulia kan aiyetoro kan,
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by tonia2000(f): 10:12am On Feb 24, 2009
Luvly comedy, stop d criticism nutin do am, at least it has won her some 50m 2yr glo contract so? shocked
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Tgirl4u: 10:20am On Feb 24, 2009
Why do people always fail to commend the efforts of others, I bet you cant do qrt of what she did. She try abeg
there is nothing you do about that.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by PurestBoy(m): 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2009
Rekky:

PurestBoy, it is not compulsory u say anything u know, if u don't like d post y not just leave it ad go on to the ones you like. Which film have u produced yourself, u just sit there criticising someone for her good works. Take time ooh.

Rekky pls don't let us quarrel. I thought they say everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion? abeg leave me oo, you just joined nairaland and it's won't fair if I should start calling you names:
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Afam4eva(m): 2:15pm On Feb 24, 2009
I watched this movie and it's not worth all the noise i've been hearing about it.
What's so special about the movie anyways, just some village girl trying to live
a city life and all that.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Rekky(f): 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2009
PurestBoy:

Rekky pls don't let us quarrel. I thought they say everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion? abeg leave me oo, you just joined nairaland and it's won't fair if I should start calling you names:

PurestBoy, don't say things u don't no or are not sure of.  And no one is quarrelling here, so u know everyone is entitled to their opinion, y did u have to call me fool or rather almost did in d first place. O boy watch it oooo.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by darkroll(m): 4:09am On Feb 25, 2009
seunallday:

great acting from the babe, whts her name again, nothin more.

its not a classic movie, just a good one that shouldnt have had a part 2.

@darkroll, slumdog millionaire was a british production, yeah it was beautifully adapted from an indian book tho,

@all, av seen arugba, its not all dat neither, ranks amongst TK's worst as far as storytellin and directing goes

Slumdog was a british production and a british director (Danny boyle) but shot in the slum of india , dont we wanna make movies like this or is it because it is a british production (common we all have same brains )
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by davidif: 8:49am On Feb 25, 2009
If you are not yoruba then you can't understand the humor, but if you are, it would be very hard for you to control your laughter.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by yinkus1(f): 11:24am On Feb 25, 2009
yes, she is . i love jenifa's movies always .
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by phumieojo: 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2009
you guys shld learn to appreciate 9ja stuffs.honestly the film is nice.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by tetede: 6:11pm On Feb 27, 2009
una no dey shame, how old are u guys wey u dey there dey spoil small girl work. learn to appreciate good things and if u dont see any thing good in it keep quite after all plenty trend dey wey una fit join. like it or not the film is very funny and Funke made more money. May be u think u ll be paid for critising the film anyway. If she be ur sisiter u no go happy for her, sit down here dey do i too know, over sabi pple, dem dey know pass lecturer. wetin u even get for school? olodos
from me here it is SULIA KAN AYETORO KAN.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by PurestBoy(m): 7:22pm On Feb 27, 2009
tetede:

una no dey shame, how old are u guys wey u dey there dey spoil small girl work. learn to appreciate good things and if u dont see any thing good in it keep quite after all plenty trend dey wey una fit join. like it or not the film is very funny and Funke made more money. May be u think u ll be paid for critising the film anyway. If she be ur sisiter u no go happy for her, sit down here dey do i too know, over sabi pple, dem dey know pass lecturer. wetin u even get for school? olodos
from me here it is SULIA KAN AYETORO KAN.

Dey fool yourself with that yeye film. What's so special about that film. Same old story line about a village girl n Lagos.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by cheyi(m): 7:41pm On Feb 27, 2009
i aint funke akindele brother or family but when u ve got to talk of great achievements thru just dis "JENIFA" then,u cn all seat down and think again.jenifa is presently d highest selling yoruba movie{over 4 million copies been sold and is still selling}.the greatest breakthrough in yoruba movie industry.come to think of it,funke akindele is now a glo ambasaddor with a cash of N30M and a brand new car just like d-banj.the producer of d film bought a brand new bus for funke`s mum on this movie.the girl raked in 24M on this movie alone.now think abt this?d girl is presently erecting a very mighty mansion in lagos with foreign building materials.ll meet there when she is abt opening the house.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Akanniade(m): 2:08am On Feb 28, 2009
I don't know what it is u critics dont understand. The movie is like a Joke which the punchline is lost on you. Funke u r the best.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by darlous(m): 10:25am On Feb 28, 2009
Is the movie that interesting
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by PurestBoy(m): 6:34pm On Feb 28, 2009
cheyi:

i aint funke akindele brother or family but when u ve got to talk of great achievements thru just dis "JENIFA" then,u cn all seat down and think again.jenifa is presently d highest selling yoruba movie{over 4 million copies been sold and is still selling}.the greatest breakthrough in yoruba movie industry.come to think of it,funke akindele is now a glo ambasaddor with a cash of N30M and a brand new car just like d-banj.the producer of d film bought a brand new bus for funke`s mum on this movie.the girl raked in 24M on this movie alone.now think abt this?d girl is presently erecting a very mighty mansion in lagos with foreign building materials.ll meet there when she is abt opening the house.

Be fooling yourself
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Gamine(f): 8:00pm On Feb 28, 2009
Just read her interview in True Love, so she is 31!!! surprising!!!
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by dremoney(m): 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2009
hate or not, Funke got more recognition and fame for the film, GET bleeped

mee personally gbadun the humour and concept of the film,
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Moyola(f): 8:51pm On Mar 01, 2009
Gamine:

Just read her interview in True Love, so she is 31!!! surprising!!!

Phur Real!! shocked
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by eleshin(m): 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2009
the popularity of the film,the sales,the glo endorsement of funke,above all the film as a topic on nairaland is enuf testimony affirming the film as a blockbuster.i do understand that some pple are born pessimist so there will always be forum for you guys to express unaself.a mo see saw!
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by deoye05: 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2009
wether you like the film or not, it is the raining thing now and a lot of people are buying it. the film makers did something and the are making money.

what made the film so popular if it wasnt so good.
after all, if a film is bad we will not hear about it at all.

lets stop the critics and appreciate the film for what it is.
no matter how the film fell off standard, there are lessons to draw from it meaning that it is not useless but touching and improving lives.

please lets stop the down grading, the film is alright. forget about tastse, we are not watching american films and thats why we nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? / BBNaija: Frodd Wins Head Of House / Genevieve Nnaji 'Lionheart' Toronto Premiere Tickets Sold Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.