Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Jenifa the. blockbuster - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jenifa the. blockbuster (17057 Views)

Funke Akindele's Jenifa's Diary Showing On Air On Stv. How Is It? / Alakada Or Jenifa? / Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by buffead(f): 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2009
I Dnt know why some of u are hating undecidedwhich one can u act mchewwwwwwwww fools i know some of u will try to insult me bck am waiting for u NONSENCE as for the movie it was simply da bomb very very funny !!!!!!!! big up funke
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by buffead(f): 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2009
angryI Dnt know why some of u are hating undecidedwhich one can u act mchewwwwwwwww fools i know some of u will try to insult me bck am waiting for u NONSENSE angry as for the movie it was simply da bomb very very funny !!!!!!!! big up funke smiley
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 5:57am On Mar 03, 2009
Purestboy and everyone that doesn't like the film should just give up. these people have bad taste and I have given up on trying to convince them that Jenifa is a bad film but they cant just see cos they are fan of poor film (poor acting, fake character and no character development, bad dialogue, awful cinematography, poor sound, terrible lighting, fake wig and makeup, whatelse i cant just see anything good in it. maybe i have watched to many foreign films and my taste "level don change".

this is my opinion and nobody should should quote me and attack me directly except purestboy that im talking to.

peace, no bad feeling
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by buffead(f): 7:45pm On Mar 03, 2009
Ode undecided undecided
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 8:48pm On Mar 03, 2009
everybody has got his opinion. i just shared mine. no need for beefs
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Rekky(f): 7:26am On Mar 04, 2009
bishoptboy:

Purestboy and everyone that doesn't like the film should just give up. these people have bad taste and I have given up on trying to convince them that Jenifa is a bad film but they cant just see cos they are fan of poor film (poor acting, fake character and no character development, bad dialogue, awful cinematography, poor sound, terrible lighting, fake wig and makeup, whatelse i cant just see anything good in it. maybe i have watched to many foreign films and my taste "level don change".

this is my opinion and nobody should should quote me and attack me directly except purestboy that im talking to.

peace, no bad feeling

buffead:

Ode undecided undecided
I agree with you my sister,
ODE.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by OfficeGirl(f): 12:39pm On Mar 04, 2009
The movie is interesting jare! kiss take it or leave it tongue
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 1:56pm On Mar 04, 2009
Rekky and buffhead did you guy go to school at all. cant you read? leave me alone to my opinion. i wasnt talking to you. i was talking to purestboy and those that share my view. if you love and adore the film good for you. leave me to my opinion. I watch film as a critic not a "groopy".
cheers
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by jaguda(m): 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2009
Good movie, bad movie, what is the lesson behind it?

@ Bishoptboy & Co., wat would u be expecting from a village bigs gal just entering campus, loud manners and dats wat was given. u talk about technicalities, story line, editing and others, how many Nigerian films have measured up to ur standard or how many films have u produced or directed or starred in. I recently watched jenifa, and to say the truth, at a time i was bored, but i endured to the end and was rewarded with the lesson behind the movie, SPREAD THE MESSAGE, NOT THE VIRUS.

u need to send out a message to the country and stop putting other people' efforts down.

@ the rest of NLers, SPREAD THE MESSAGE, NOT THE VIRUS.

bishoptboy:

Rekky and buffhead did you guy go to school at all. cant you read? leave me alone to my opinion. i wasnt talking to you. i was talking to purestboy and those that share my view. if you love and adore the film good for you. leave me to my opinion. I watch film as a critic not a "groopy".
cheers

Hope u get payed for it, otherwise its a waste of time.

ciao.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by buffead(f): 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2009
@Bishoptboy ur a fool angry angry
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by buffead(f): 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2009
dont mind him jare jaguda nigerian movies either good or bad dere is always a message at the end

@bishoptoy or watever ur name is mention my name again idiot , i dnt like to insult ppl but ur making me to
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by jaybaby(f): 3:43pm On Mar 04, 2009
Bufhead-- take a chill pill gal--- Everybdy is entittled 2 der own OPINION.

Abt the FILM--- it's funny but letz be realistic--- which Village gal wld come in2 the UNIVERSTY & get in2 RUNZ--that is such a big CRAP & DUMB ending
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Busta(f): 3:47pm On Mar 04, 2009
From Jenifa to Insults . . . What else is new undecided
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by mykephils(m): 1:29am On Mar 05, 2009
Hi, Our company RENAISSANCE MEDIA is a registered licenced Nollywood movies distributor with National Films and Videos Censor Board. We also have Nigerian Export Promotion Council Certificate of Export. Do you need Nigerian Films in Bulk at Great discount for Nigerians in the Diaspora. Do you want to reseller in SOUTH AFRICA, UK,GHANA etc. Please contact me check out our website www.renaissancemediang.com +2348065477209 ,+2348054542737
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 6:45am On Mar 05, 2009
@ Jaguda
you make much sense because you are not biased like some people calling me "ode" because I have a better taste and like I have said its my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
I dont act. I'm an upcoming film maker. I'm presently studying film making in South Africa. I have done some stuff with no money and I can provide you links to them. what I have sone with no money is still better (technically) than what i see in Jenifa and that makes me mad. If I was told Jenifa is another nigerian film i wasnt going to watch it but there was so much noise about it and I took pain to watch the film only to hate myself for wasting my time for that. I was looking for a nigerian film that i could be proud of and tell my foreigner friends who thinks nollywood makes only bad films. thats why i drove 20km to go get the film and find out i have wasted my money and time.
I was surprised to know that people have lost their visual sense and they give kudos to film bad. It gives me concern cos I felt that nollywood is lowering people standard and if we are not careful we wont even know whats good again.

I dont get paid for watching film as a critic cos its not my job. I'm a cinematographer.

AGAIN, THIS TREAD IS FOR JAGUDA. IF YOU ARE NOT OBJECTIVE IN YOUR REPLY DONT TALK TO ME. I WANT TO TALK TO SENSIBLE PEOPLE NOT BIASED FUNKE FAN WHO ONLY INSULT PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT HER FAN.

IM AN OBJECTIVE FILM CRITIC AND IM PROUD OF IT. grin grin grin grin
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 6:48am On Mar 05, 2009
@ Jaybaby
its good to know that there are some people like you out there who still have their film sense intact. who are not just biased and attack others for not liking what they adore.
cheers
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by jaguda(m): 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2009
bishoptboy:

@ Jaguda
you make much sense because you are not biased like some people calling me "ode" because I have a better taste and like I have said its my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
I dont act. I'm an upcoming film maker. I'm presently studying film making in South Africa. I have done some stuff with no money and I can provide you links to them. what I have sone with no money is still better (technically) than what i see in Jenifa and that makes me mad. If I was told Jenifa is another nigerian film i wasnt going to watch it but there was so much noise about it and I took pain to watch the film only to hate myself for wasting my time for that. I was looking for a nigerian film that i could be proud of and tell my foreigner friends who thinks nollywood makes only bad films. thats why i drove 20km to go get the film and find out i have wasted my money and time.
I was surprised to know that people have lost their visual sense and they give kudos to film bad. It gives me concern cos I felt that nollywood is lowering people standard and if we are not careful we wont even know whats good again.

I dont get paid for watching film as a critic cos its not my job. I'm a cinematographer.

AGAIN, THIS TREAD IS FOR JAGUDA. IF YOU ARE NOT OBJECTIVE IN YOUR REPLY DONT TALK TO ME. I WANT TO TALK TO SENSIBLE PEOPLE NOT BIASED FUNKE FAN WHO ONLY INSULT PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT HER FAN.

IM AN OBJECTIVE FILM CRITIC AND IM PROUD OF IT. grin grin grin grin

Wow, na now u dey talk, now i know y want break our head with film grammar, maybe i dey talk to the next Tunde Kelani/Eddie Ugbomah or our own Stephen Speilberg. do hurry cum house come do some stuff for nigerians make wey celebrate ooooooooo.

Oshodi sa re looo stretttttttttttttttt.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by friskie2: 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2009
for me,the movie is quiet entertaining and hilarious,so y criticize it?people fail to undastand the concept behind dat movie,especially guys who usually dont watch yoruba films.it has so many open lessons embedded into it,so peeps,i bliv i can duff ma cap for dat movie lipsrsealed
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 7:55pm On Mar 05, 2009
@ Jaguda
Cool man. I surely will do something. you see I dont beef people for doing their thing. Nigerians are respected outside for what we are doing because no matter what we still get movies released and I respect people Nollywood film makers for that but that doesnt mean that I should accept a film that I think its bad. Funke is doing her thing and kudos to her for that. no beefs. all i know is that the film Jenifa is bad.

as for me i dont watch many nollywood movies, infact i have not seen any for about 2 years. but i can say there are nollywood film makers that i respect.

check out our music videos they are brilliant i cant even do what those guys do. they spend more money on a 5 minutes music video than they spend on a "part 1,2,3" film that they make because they shoot music video on 35mm film. our music video has evovled and gotten better over the years but our movies has not improved. the same crap being made 10 years ago is still being made.

they still do action sequence that looks fake. since i was a kid i know even indian films make shooting in film look real but our films still use sound effect for guns shots and nobody see that. who is fooling who? our actor still act like they act on stage. nobody see that stage acting is different from film acting but we have gotten used to their over the top acting that we have come to accept it as the right form of acting.

anyways im just airing my view. i hope i dont get attacked my "funke's fans" again
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by kingron: 9:25pm On Mar 06, 2009
bishoptboy,why do u get so insulted
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by stormy98(f): 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2009
I don't know why this movie was talked about so much. It wasn't even that great and it was wayyyy to long
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 8:04am On Mar 07, 2009
Kingron you should read what "buffhead wrote. she called me "Ode", idiot, fool. and i'm like what the hell is wrong with the girl? i'm just airing my own opinion and she takes it so personal.

and i will say it again whoever feels they can anylse movies should analyse Jenifa and tell me why its a great movie. its just another bad from nollywood.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by MoVinTrAin: 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2009
Well i think any sensible guy will say the movie is a mess except for some gals that are local and not updated will see anything good about the movie.In short any male that says something good about that movie needs a checkup in da B***n grin tongue
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by MoVinTrAin: 3:06pm On Mar 07, 2009
infact the local and non updated goes for the fella buffead,infact you are buffalo head not buffead.@ jaguda i dont expect much from you checking out your screen name alone one should not expect any tapping words from you or expect you to know what a good movie is nnaaa wahh praising that dead movie,
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by buffead(f): 7:07pm On Mar 07, 2009
@ MoVinTrAin oro e ko le si
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 8:14pm On Mar 07, 2009
Good to know that I'm not the only one that feels say jenifa na rubbish.

But can someone tell me why people hype that film that much. Is it a problem of visual intelligence/literacy that is degraded in the land. we need prayer and fasting o.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by MoVinTrAin: 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2009
@bishoptboy, thanks man the fasting and prayer should be for buffead @buffead , bawo loro mi se fe ni esi?When you don realise say you miss yawn about the freaging stupid movie
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by lekside44(m): 9:01am On Mar 09, 2009
for the fact that jennifa is really creatint a discussion on the net shows how successful the film was. there are thousands of gabbage films been produced in noolywood that does does not even get noticed. this movie is drawing a lot of fans club including on facebook. actually, almost all movies produced in this country are poor in standard (including this jenifa), but want makes this movie diffent is because of the lerries from the main actor himself. it has become a slogan i.e silifa kan, ayetoro kan. the dressing of silifa on campus and her general behavior makes the film popular. generally speaking, the story line continuity is poor, but it is a good way of whiling away time since it will bring some element of smiles on your face which many of the junks been produed on a daily faces cannot. thus by nooly wood own standard, i will give it a pass mark.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 4:49pm On Mar 09, 2009
I agree with lakeside44 that by nollywood standard it gets a passmark but not by my own standard. the movie got lots of fans maybe because most of the movies that are being made is extra extra bad. so "oloju kan loba larin awon afoju" I have not seen a naija movies from beginning to the end for more than two years so i guess i expected something close to hollywood standard but was dissappointed by what i saw in Jenifa.
holla
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Brandie(f): 6:17pm On Mar 10, 2009
Stop hatin n critizing.Apart 4rm d comedy,dere r lessons learnt 4rm it.Diff pple wit diff strokes Tk n ordas r gud no doubt.Lets encourage orda producerz too.As 4mi jenifa z hilarous,educatn nd entertainin.Kudos 2funke akindele nd d producer of jenifa.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by MoVinTrAin: 9:35am On Mar 11, 2009
Brandy or whats yah name?u sound very dumb and i am sure u will be dumb loooking also i cant believe any sensible humanbeing will say that film is cool or educating?Its old story so there is nothing educating about it ,if you dont have something sensible to say be quiet lipsrsealed
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 11, 2009
Really,The film is not bad, But I hate that Sentence Suliya Kan,Aiyetoro Kan, The fact remains that she achieved the purpose of the Video, She gained more popularity with it and she sure earned her Money.The Rest na Long Tin!, Take Am or leave Am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Frodd Evicted From The Big Brother Naija All Stars / Lady Cries & Prays For Efe To Win The Big Brother Naija Competition (Video) / Ola And Chris Are Leaving The BBA #stargame Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.