Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Jenifa the. blockbuster - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jenifa the. blockbuster (17037 Views)

Funke Akindele's Jenifa's Diary Showing On Air On Stv. How Is It? / Alakada Or Jenifa? / Funke Akindele Announces Plans To Release Jenifa 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by MoVinTrAin: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2009
We aint talking about what she gained or earned from the movie,we are talking of the quality of the movie and the fact is that the movie s**ks and its non educating period
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 11:00am On Mar 12, 2009
If Funke bought a boeing 747 after Jenifa, thank God for her. Its not about how much she made but about how good the film is.

And please what does the film teach you- not to try to blend in. I'm not from the village and I never at any point try to blend in. Its only village people that they can educate. what education is in fake girls teaching another fake girl to be an "aristo chic". so before people say its an educational film they should ask themselves what new in what Jenifa is saying. only village like Jenifa can say they learnt something new about trying to "blend in"

the story isnt new its just an old tale of village girl in the city told again!

wake up guys there is nothing new in the Jenifa story.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by MoVinTrAin: 1:13pm On Mar 12, 2009
i wonder why movie censor board will let that piece of shit into nollywood market,seems we will never learn from hollyood
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Pepeye(f): 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2009
Usually nollywood films hardly holds any water
but with all this hullabaloo on this film
Will take out time to watch this film one of this days
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2009
Its sad to see our music video improve so well but our home video has not improved from the days of Violated. Infact I will rather watch violated that J[b]enifa[/b]

In those days they have a story but now they dont. the worst part is that they have even run out of title. so they use human names as titles-Jenifa, sharon stone etc. I think there should be an association for nollywood script writers and the first requirement to join is IQ test. just kidding guys grin
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 9:29pm On Mar 12, 2009
Popeye, please watch it and be objective. dont watch it with beefs and dont watch it as a fan. just be objective and tellme what you think
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by pureminded: 9:34pm On Mar 12, 2009
Suliya kan , Ayetoro Kan . Mo fe di bizs girl ,
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by pureminded: 9:35pm On Mar 12, 2009
TRULY THE BLOCKBUSTER grin grin grin grin
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by dominique(f): 10:53pm On Mar 12, 2009
i think i'm the only yoruba person on this planet that has not seen it. what discouraged me is how nobody is explaining what it is all about, seems like it doesnt have any depth. people just imitate scenes from the movie. i will probly watch when i'm down and depressed and i need some comic relief.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Pepeye(f): 11:15pm On Mar 12, 2009
bishoptboy:

Popeye, please watch it and be objective. dont watch it with beefs and dont watch it as a fan. just be objective and tellme what you think

all this lotta talk about it i m going to watch it with an analytical views
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by DisGuy: 11:54pm On Mar 12, 2009
the ony mistake about this film was making part2 and trying to teach a lesson

Why is gods name do nigerian film producers want viewers to learn a lesson from their films lipsrsealed

the first part was good though
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by MoVinTrAin: 9:47am On Mar 13, 2009
@ pureminded, you mind may be pure but your sense of view is dirty and tasteless for you to say that piece of shit is a blockbuster embarassed
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by pureminded: 8:41am On Mar 14, 2009
@MoVinTrAin, hey? are you alright shocked, How dare you say my sense of view is tasteless ? eh eh , see me see whala o, how can u just talk to me in that manner ? hey keep your cool ok? I can see your new here and you dont have to insult anybody on here! that's not the way it's done , everyone has his or her own right to make any comment but not insult others because of their opinion a particular matter . Do you understand me ? Is that film not a blockbuster do you know what they call blockbuster? Even my families in the Uk watched this film and they all love it , the film sold thousands of copies and it's a big time hit in the movie industry in Nigeria, The Lead role /producer (Funke) made good money from that film , no doubt ,Isn't that a blockbuster? so what's your stress calling that a piece of shit ? seat down there and be calling the film piece of shit while the producer is busy counting her money, Nonsense,
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by MoVinTrAin: 10:44am On Mar 14, 2009
@ dirtyminded (so called pureminded) where did you get the statistics that the film sold thousands of copies with movie rentals culture in Nigeria?Lol family in the UK well i am not surprise they must have the same sense of view as you since you peeps are family so i dont expect much from them.Like say naa only you get family for jand.even every household in benin has one ashy or the other in Italo so if you dont have something to say about the movie to show that it is a blockbuster just shot the crap and dont tell me when to talk or how to talk. pfffffffffffffffff
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 11:58am On Mar 14, 2009
Guys no need to fight please! but here is the issue before we use the word blockbuster we should go find the meaning first and again by whose standard do we judge movies and call it block buster. I guess we judge by Alaba Market standard and call films blockbuster. those films when they evaluate them in Dollars standard i doubt if any of them sold $1million so why call a film blockbuster when half of those film out there are pirated. Jaws was considered to be the film that ushered in the blockbuster era and it sold over $100 million and that was when hollywood knew alot of money could be made from film.

so to pureminded and kingron by what measurement did you judge Jenifa and call it Blockbuster. whats the criteria for judging nollywood films?
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by kingron: 11:49am On Mar 21, 2009
u bloody critics go nd write ur movie
moving train u re so biased.
i wonder what u can do
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 9:13pm On Mar 21, 2009
@ Kingron.
no need to fight. since the inception of film there have been critics. why not check out www.rottentomatoes.com and see how they trash big budget hollywood films, they even have award for bad films, bad directing, bad acting etc. do you know thats one of the things that has helped them improve because they review what they make and they improve but for us in naija its a pity that we hate criticism. we fight it and tell critics to shut up. thats why our films have not gotten better from the days of violated when home video was just starting. our films has not improved, it only got worse. instead of saying hey! what are we doing wrong we tell critics to go and make their own movies. common man if you dont want to be criticized dont make any movie.

i asked a question but you didnt answer me. check out my last post and tell me what you use to measure if a film is a blockbuster or not. thanks.again this is not a fighting forum its a forum for us to discuss Jenifa.
cheers
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by larayat(f): 11:57pm On Mar 22, 2009
hater u are nt wanted here, jenifa will anyday anytime be a good movie, so hater see ya,catch ya,later.ama see saw.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 4:00pm On Mar 23, 2009
i will say it again we will never grow if we accept mediocrity as excellent. we need to challenge the standard.
This is not about hating its about standard. Our movies are of poor standard and there are some nigerians out there that wont settle for less so dont hate them for having a high standard. If Jenifa is a film of high standard for you, then good for you. but we that feel its of poor standard will air our views and dont axe us for having a good taste.
cheers
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by larayat(f): 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2009
bishoptboy:

i will say it again we will never grow if we accept mediocrity as excellent. we need to challenge the standard.
This is not about hating its about standard. Our movies are of poor standard and there are some nigerians out there that wont settle for less so dont hate them for having a high standard. If Jenifa is a film of high standard for you, then good for you. but we that feel its of poor standard will air our views and dont axe us for having a good taste.
cheers
hey i tnk u av a very poor understanding of simple english,cos we are nt dissussing abt standards, accept d fact dat jenifa is a good movie,
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by C2H5OH(f): 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2009
larayat:

hey i tnk u av a very poor understanding of simple english,cos we are nt dissussing abt standards, accept d fact dat jenifa is a good movie,
You can't force a wise man to pretend that a mediocre home video is superb.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by asha80(m): 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2009
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin ^^^
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by larayat(f): 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2009
C2H5OH:

You can't force a wise man to pretend that a mediocre home video is superb.
no one is forcing anyone here, d fact dat u dont like it does nt mean  u'll have to critizes it in a way dats is negative
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by C2H5OH(f): 4:08am On Mar 24, 2009
larayat:

no one is forcing anyone here, d fact dat u dont like it does nt mean u'll have to critizes it in a way dats is negative

Sure, I suppose you're expecting me to do something counter-intuitive to what I believe, right? """"""" I don't fancy "Jenifa" so I should praise it. """""""""" You are quite the scholar!
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2009
@ larayat
thanks for the education. but i think this is a tread for jenifa and i'm free to express why thought on the film and not just to praise it like funke's fan. i might not have an understanding of english like you madam but im sure i do understand film much more than you.
we are talking film and not english.

if i dont like a film i will criticise it and say whats bad about it. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN WHOEVER THINKS HE UNDERSTANDS FILM CAN CHALLENGE ME ON JENIFA AND WE WILL ANALYSE IT AND SHARE OUR VIEWS ABOUT IT. so if you dont understand what film is about why not talk about what you are an authority on. you know something like english.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by larayat(f): 7:31pm On Mar 24, 2009
bishoptboy:

@ larayat
thanks for the education. but i think this is a tread for jenifa and i'm free to express why thought on the film and not just to praise it like funke's fan. i might not have an understanding of english like you madam but im sure i do understand film much more than you.
we are talking film and not english.

if i dont like a film i will criticise it and say whats bad about it. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN WHOEVER THINKS HE UNDERSTANDS FILM CAN CHALLENGE ME ON JENIFA AND WE WILL ANALYSE IT AND SHARE OUR VIEWS ABOUT IT. so if you dont understand what film is about why not talk about what you are an authority on. you know something like english.

yeah ,we are sure talking film n i dont tink anyone has d time of challenging u ova dat, hollywood or is it nollywood, gud 4 u to knw tins abt films, cos dat can cash u money at the bank, lol, chao
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2009
from when i was a kid i have never respected what guys see to be awesome. i'm not only going to cash in money over my knowledge of film. i'm already doing it over here in south africa cos i got my own video/film production company.

get this straight i dont envy any body if funke and other if they buy airbus from their film, good for them. no beefs but the truth must be said.
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by larayat(f): 7:57am On Mar 25, 2009
wow dont knw, she was talkin wi a producer or director, n also gud 4 u 4 saying d truth in a bizzare way, cool,dude, hun,
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by bishoptboy(m): 8:17pm On Mar 25, 2009
@ Larayat
I dont beef any of the Nollywood film makers. they are doing their thing and I'm doing mine. but if a film is bad. the truth must be said. a bad film is a bad film. I wont say its bad because i beef them and i wont say a film is good just because i'm a fan.
we need to challenge ourselves to strife for excellence. we are known for releasing lots of low budget films and big ups to nollywood for that. but we are not known for releasing good quality. none of our films has ever made it to any major film festival except for Nigerian making films abroad. nollywood standard is poor and we need to let those film producers and marketers know that they need to 'belt up' and , gosh! i'm talking too much.
cheers
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by larayat(f): 8:41pm On Mar 25, 2009
@bishoptboy, why d use of "we"i tought u said u produce films n south africa, n by nw u shud av known dat nigeria is a developing country n if low budget films are produce den u shud knw d films producers here are making use of available resourses.it is made in nigeria, n wat abt d saying dat if u dont value wat u av no one is going to do dat 4 u{am nt saying like jenifa by force}so i tink wateva might b d case here in nigeria producer/directors are making use of wat dey av nw, n cant say of future
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by MoVinTrAin: 10:44am On Mar 26, 2009
@kingron i can see you have gone off topic already so why should i bother myself.Here is an advise for you,next time use the 30 minutes you buy at the netcafe on better things rather than puck yah nose into somethin you dont know the genesis, pfffffffffffffff tongue
Re: Jenifa the. blockbuster by Vieira(m): 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2009
Jenifa, would have been better off as a sketch show.

Just watch it in little clips of the fuuny parts and leave it at that.

What actually I found surprising about the movie industry in Nigeria is this:

The real actors with talent seem to be on TV series and not on these Nollywood films.

I was watching NTA one day and there was a drama on and all the actors and actress were very good and they looked the part as well, not some 30 year old trying to act as a jambite.

My question then is why does Nollywood not hire these people? Why hire the people without talent that I see in all these nollywood films?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? / BBNaija: Frodd Wins Head Of House / Genevieve Nnaji 'Lionheart' Toronto Premiere Tickets Sold Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.