Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,644 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

No Parrot Owners Here? - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / No Parrot Owners Here? (79105 Views)

Top 5 Lazy Dogs Perfect For Busy Owners. / Checkout This Video Of A PARROT PRAYING IN Islam.(video) / Just Got Myself A Baby Parrot;need Tips On How To Train It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by harizonal123(m): 4:05pm On Sep 26, 2015
Hmmm... Interesting!
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by stokfrick: 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2015
[quote author=harizonal123 post=38402446]Hmmm... Interesting![/quo
Watch this funny parrot in this link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5r40nJ1cjM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by harizonal123(m): 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2015
[quote author=stokfrick post=38402633][/quote]

A must watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU14Fa7IdUE

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by rafcrown(m): 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2015
jefywizy:
pls o my girlfrnd is a parrot o...i wil need any of u guys to tel me her breed coz her features are dat she disturbs,nags and gossips alot..lols
MEXICAN GREY?
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by ijekul(m): 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2015
LordaGuru:

I got the last one 23k, African Grey talkative. I intend getting another one in 2 days time, I can get for you too. I'll deliver before payment. If you are interested call me: 09092974653

Can u post pix of it?would be in abuja by wednesday so would appreciate if I see sum pix.tnx
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Dexmars(m): 5:20pm On Sep 26, 2015
Pancho! My African grey.

9 months old.

Doesn't talk yet but whistles a lot.

No one goes near it except me.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by ednoville(m): 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
obstead200:
scammer, verily verily I say unto thee, "THOU ART STILL A LEARNER"
Now, gerarahia man!!!!

Because we are use to scamming in this part of the word so I won't blame you. But it is not scamming my friends have being voting and I appreciate that, it's a baby competition organised by a children hospital in Tennessee and my sis just decided to try with her baby by God's grace she is now in 2nd position behind an American baby, your likes will help push her baby to the 1st position out of 976 entries. Thanks and God bless
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by aurorae1: 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2015
This thread just brings back bittersweet memories.Used to have a parrot,senegalese parrot,called her yargo(from Aladdin),actually two parrots,she chased the male away,almost killed him sef.Hated her cage,she destroyed it,made my brother's shoe her new home,he loved the shoes but he loved her also,so he let her be.She never ate a grain of bird food in her life,only human foods,first crackers,got tired of it,next obsession was carrots,she ate that till her entire beak turned orange,got tired if it and started rice,eba(only with soup o),and anything from mom's plate.Never knew a bird that hated flying,she trekked everywhere,to the kitchen when food was being cooked,window to look at other birds,cried when light was put off(she only stayed in a lit room except she wanted to sleep).And woe betide you,if you came to visit and she didn't know you,that's another story o.So many things to say about that parrot jare,so sad her life was cut short like that.
Had so many species of pets,she was one of the unusuals.Will get another parrot.Funny to say,but animals can be so human.
*sorry for the long post,it just had to be posted*

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by KingIU(m): 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2015
I have always wanted to have a parrot but have not got the chance but I'm greatly inspired by what am seeing here. pls can someone give me a good detail of how to get one either from Abia state or engue. pls the price should be fare am still a student.

2 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by KingIU(m): 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2015
wahles:
Name's Alex! Noisy too, so va, he calls out just 2 names clearly enough, bukky and Ganiat, my kid sisters grin.. mayb cos dats d names we all yell out for errends.. he also amplifiers d names wen we call too grin
pls how can I get one I like this your own
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by obstead200(m): 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
ednoville:

Because we are use to scamming in this part of the word so I won't blame you. But it is not scamming my friends have being voting and I appreciate that, it's a baby competition organised by a children hospital in Tennessee and my sis just decided to try with her baby by God's grace she is now in 2nd position behind an American baby, your likes will help push her baby to the 1st position out of 976 entries. Thanks and God bless
ok. If it is not a scam, then I apologize.
Hope ur sister baby wins.
But I ain't clicking the link anyway.

2 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by klexycole(m): 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
Dexmars:
Pancho! My African grey.
9 months old.
Doesn't talk yet but whistles a lot.
No one goes near it except me.
This Is So Lovely! How Much Did You Got It?? That's African Grey I Guess

2 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by etjigger(m): 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
The only Parrot that talks its The African Grey Parrot, and they are very expensive and rear in the market. It goes for about 50k. I Av two with me and the do talk and communicate with me and people, trust me... They are nice to have around.

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by etjigger(m): 7:51pm On Sep 26, 2015
Be very careful when getting the African Grey Parrot. Some sellers do dye other parrots and sell them as the African grey. Watch out when getting it!!!

8 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by ednoville(m): 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2015
obstead200:
ok. If it is not a scam, then I apologize.
Hope ur sister baby wins.
But I ain't clicking the link anyway.

Thanks No p, many others have actually been helping
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
nobimafault:
it wz actualy a gift to My younger Bro ...but heard its btw 10 to 30k range here in ph.

Pls how can I know the one that can talk and where can I buy or get it In PH?
Check G.R.A Before Polo Club. Dem plenty 4 there.

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Marksule(m): 9:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
Hmmm loving dis

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Depot(m): 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2015
Pee Cee is his name. PEE CEE understands clock, he can tell you time. Just tell him to remind you when it's 10pm that u wanna go out, he will do that. Very smart. You hardly differentiate pee Cee s voice and mine. Not caged. We sleep on the same bed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by ijekul(m): 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2015
I will buy myself one dis xmas...now I wount be lonely during my service year grin

4 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by 14teenK: 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2015
Baroba:
If you want an African Greg, get one thats less than 3 months old, the older ones are extremely wild and noisy, my brother use to have one old parrot, let's just say we were glad when it disappeared.. A complete nightmare to live with..
mehn.....wud love to have one dat talks .....and da part u said abt it being wild n noisy......I hope it doesn't bite like dogs am getting scared already
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by 14teenK: 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
ProfessorD:
My own is a 22 year old parrot, she talks for Africa infact she can talk you into talking but I love her she is my fav parrot
she talks like kick on a conversation wit u shocked
I really need som1 to enlighten me more on these

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by 14teenK: 11:39pm On Sep 26, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
our neighbor use to have one parrot until she tells the thieves that came where oga kept the money, so sad those had to kill it not to be exposed by this same parrot
are parrot really smart like dis how did dey even get to know were d money was kept dis is mind boggling
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by RaptorX: 11:42pm On Sep 26, 2015
14teenK:
she talks like kick on a conversation wit u shocked
I really need som1 to enlighten me more on these
They don't really talk as in start a conversation, but they mimic what they hear human beings talk about. But they are an incredible and intelligent specie.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by 14teenK: 11:42pm On Sep 26, 2015
Sermwell:
I really don't know why its expensive in the south here! My dad bought two from the north for 30k(although they were less than two months old). They are so trained now that they can sing some hit songs like 'lompopo' ,'shoki', 'sekem, etc
can u leave dem outta der cages without dem taking off??
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by 14teenK: 11:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
RaptorX:
They don't really talk as in start a conversation, but they mimic what they hear human beings talk about. But they are an incredible and intelligent specie.
mehn I feel like having one dis night....can u take dem out on a stroll without dem zooming off

2 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by veeceesynergy: 12:03am On Sep 27, 2015
Olayinka777:
I have five beautiful African grey talking parrots. They are so entertaining & fun to be with, they are about 3 months old. Four of them are available for sale. I'm based in Abuja.
. Pls hw can I get one......hw much

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by elbinmanny(m): 12:12am On Sep 27, 2015
jaelz:

sup please how can i get something of this nature?
it depends on your location
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by jaelz(m): 8:22am On Sep 27, 2015
elbinmanny:
am in nigeria jos plateau state
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by jaelz(m): 8:22am On Sep 27, 2015
elbinmanny:
am in nigeria jos plateau state
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by dasean1(m): 9:30am On Sep 27, 2015
bjbukzy:

mine buys d weed,rifler and raps it itself....then it lights it and smoke up.

30mins after it hits d studio n create a hit song
LMAO
you just burst my brain, I Will start taking mine too to the studio as well. and i will make sure he sings the Reggae type of music. cuz he once told me bob marly is his mentor.
thanks for the idea.

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Tylerdan(m): 10:13am On Sep 27, 2015
Op nice trend idea something to liven up the pet section
And here is a little info for those who asked
1. Parrots don't talk or discuss they mimic sound so if you have lots of talking going on in your house or a recurrent phrase your parrot learns to mimic it
2. Parrots can associate a sound to a phrase a particular phrase before food or a knock is followed by hello, come in, na who be that
3. Not all species of Parrots can speak some whistle only but all can mimic sound by either whistling or talking
4. Parrots are smart and prefer to roam outside their cage. They require constant care and attention or like dogs they become destructive.

For those who want their parrots talking an easy trick is to have a recorded message play over and over especially before feeding or playing

A parrot in Lagos costs about 15 to 20 thousand naira and that's if you can negotiate well. If your buying get them young and spend time with them they are good with older kids .

Lastly don't keep procrastinating Get A Pet it'll make your life better and happier

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by naijabands(m): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2015
elbinmanny:
Meet mine his name is sucre very aggressive n destructive . How do I calm him down..im not the type that cage pets though.
He leaves the house for his early morning routine destruction outside and comes back through the kitchen window cheesy

Check wildeji..com I believe there is a post on parrots there. If you do not find what you are looking for, do get in touch with me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away / World's Most Expensive Snake Is Lavender Albino Ball Python, Costs N14 Million / My Diary (From A Dog's POV)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.