Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS (50024 Views)

Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With Dss-punch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Burger01(m): 7:24am On Jun 13, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

The problem is not the DSS in itself but the politicization of appointments within its rank and file. When the system is corrupt, it becomes very hard for these officers to stay professional even if they had world-class training, and this has been the problem besetting our security operatives.
Jonathan is such a failure and very bad influence on every arms of government. What a wasted years under Jonathan's administration.sad

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by PassingShot(m): 7:28am On Jun 13, 2015
brixton:
If he like he should use Kai as security. Coupists didn't shoot a single bullet to remove him last time.
If you still think any coup can ever be successful in Naija of today, you're dreaming. That era is gone forever.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by CSTR2: 7:32am On Jun 13, 2015
ramdris:
No sane mind will fault PMB for taking this step. DSS Practically made their selves an opposition party during the electioneering period.

There should be a major overhaul before they should be allowed to secure the President and the VP. That will teach others not to meddle into political issues unnecessarily.
So you are telling me if buhari gives them an order to monitor all the activities of the PDP, they should disobey?
Do you know the meaning of "commander in chief".?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by blaqoracle: 7:34am On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
I hope Buhari is aware that it is more than 2weeks into this Presidency?
you did not vote for change, why are you expecting change?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by CSTR2: 7:36am On Jun 13, 2015
blaqoracle:
you did not vote for change, why are you expecting change?
He has more stake to the so-called change than you.
His region and his village practically feeds the entire federation.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by omenka(m): 7:41am On Jun 13, 2015
From the most prominent part of the physique of the Service Chiefs, it is obvious which part of their bodies they pay the most attention to.

As for DSS, we all know what happened to that once revered institution under President Goodluck Jonathan.

I'd be hugely disappointed is Ogar isn't investigated and prosecuted for dereliction of duty. She almost assumed the position of Olisa Metuh for Christ's sake.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Akinbimidg: 7:41am On Jun 13, 2015
just do d right thing.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by philips70(m): 7:42am On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:

Would you mind forming a parallel government with headquarters in Portharcourt where you can clear your man GEJ's mess in one week?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by otokx(m): 7:42am On Jun 13, 2015
Buhari knows what to do.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Oildichotomy(m): 7:43am On Jun 13, 2015
He should start working instead of this hullaballoo of settling scores.

Even the adjective of "anger" used in describing the report portray some cause for concern about how he intend ruling this country.

"Angry with Kini"? Those are tyranical tendencies and he better get his acts together- this Daura Guy sef

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by stunning4real: 7:45am On Jun 13, 2015
USarmy:
Daura President where is The IRRELEVANT ONE a.k.a Osibanjo
must you always show your stupidity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by pBuhari(f): 7:46am On Jun 13, 2015
change is here

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Maghan37: 7:47am On Jun 13, 2015
That is d consequence of a parastatal prticipating in politics.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by softvio(m): 7:49am On Jun 13, 2015
Scrap away the DSS if the case might be so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:50am On Jun 13, 2015
God bless the President.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 7:50am On Jun 13, 2015
No More Big Bellied Generals.
My signature though.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 13, 2015
oluwafemi113:
I dislike DSS as well

Jonathan has really corrupt that section

Must expecially that Woman. DSS Deputy Director, Public Relations, Marilyn Ogar..... she talks before thinking

No way for them here in villa they can go and provide services for the Ogogoro Man at Otueke
Dura Dullard will spend millions of dollars training his policemen and military personnel to provide protection for him. DSS are constitutionally mandated to provide security for the Presidency.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Vyolet(f): 7:52am On Jun 13, 2015
Kikiki,I k new this day would come, Marylyn Ogar the PDPspokeswoman ended up soiling the integrity of the once respected DSS,now others will try hard to earn Nigerian's trust,not President Buhari's alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Jaydeebaba(m): 7:52am On Jun 13, 2015
ideykwum:
I'm beginning to get worried too!! What's all the talk on DSS! A president for everybody shouldn't be vindictive! It's a petty and childish trait!

So he should surround himself with'enemies within' so as not to appear vindictive, shey?
If you were in his shoe, would you sleep with both eyes closed when the likes of Marylin Ogah are still lurking around?
Give me a break jo!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Acidosis(m): 7:54am On Jun 13, 2015
Lol, how does that affect us?
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by gohzieh(m): 7:55am On Jun 13, 2015
Oops.! It seems its pay back time for everyone. The corruption runs in every iota of the government. Now everybody has to keep up to speed right. What ever some sows he rips same.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by lagdmark(m): 7:55am On Jun 13, 2015
Buhari came to revenge all those who have delayed his ambition of becoming a President since 2003, payback time!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 13, 2015
USarmy:

That's too bad of you Sir!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ideykwum: 7:55am On Jun 13, 2015
Change the DSS crew, but don't remove them from their traditional roles!!

Jaydeebaba:

So he should surround himself with'enemies within' so as not to appear vindictive, shey?
If you were in his shoe, would you sleep with both eyes closed when the likes of Marylin Ogah are still lurking around?
Give me a break jo!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by chyket(m): 7:55am On Jun 13, 2015
This is expected given that he spent all his earlier life in the military,so he is bound to be more comfortable with soldiers besides he is the Commander in Chief of the Nigeran armed forces so he can deploy any of the agencies as he pleases.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by gogodaye(m): 7:57am On Jun 13, 2015
[quote author=bonechamberlain post=34719024]na wa o reading the comments here marvel me. it seems we don't know the DSS should be in charge of a democratic president's security in nigeria, this is not a military regime where soldiers are seen protecting the president. the level of discipline and intelligence gathering of those guys cannot be rivaled by any other security outfit in Nigeria. the security and protection of the president should be based on people with respect, intelligence, discipline and also very discreet and secretive personnel. look at the word used "bodyguard protection". if the president thinks the police and soldiers can protect him that's fine, but can they prevent an attack or prevent attack without firing a shot? well those are questions for another day. what the president should do it to a shake up in the agency and make sure the agency remain nonpartisan instead of going about with soldiers and police like a dictator even most dictators today go out with intelligence officers.[/quote

The sole sane post thus far........
This is just another of his numerous gaffes to come.....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by prettyboi1(m): 7:58am On Jun 13, 2015
carnegiefan:
The man may be semi-literate but I really think that he understands power cheesy

Are you the one that made him "semi-illiterate"?
angry undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Oyecute(m): 8:00am On Jun 13, 2015
USarmy:
he's in your ancestor's backyard ... Product of Mumus generation!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by espn(m): 8:00am On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
yes just 2 weeks and he's making sense. Don't forget GEJ spent 6 yrs without any achievement.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by megawax8: 8:02am On Jun 13, 2015
Please o, you all should not be annoyed by what is the meaning of 'DSS' and their role? Are they soldiers or an independently trained security outfit?

This is not comedy, I truly do not know
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by fulanimafia: 8:02am On Jun 13, 2015
Ogar should be removed immediately.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ambode Hands Over To Sanwo-olu (Photo) / My Endorsement Of Jonathan In November Was A 'Spiritual Drama' - Rev Fr Mbaka / Buhari Donates Two Cows To Corpers In Katsina For Sallah Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.