Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS (50018 Views)

Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With Dss-punch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by PStacks(m): 9:38am On Jun 13, 2015
Toktee:
HAHAHAHA,WALAHI

Have a good laff my brother.. All them those TANoids just gon keep hating..

Buhari Needs Enemies, because the Good Lawd would only prepare a table for him in the presence of his Enemies..

Na for their korokoro eyes like this na hin Nigeria go better.

All them those TANoids that wants GEJ to take us back to the Stone age, Would Marvel at the Wonderment of Muhammadu Buhari..
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by XavierBlue(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2015
USarmy:
Daura President where is The IRRELEVANT ONE a.k.a Osibanjo
in this age of instant everything, unfortunately, there is no instant sense.

XavierBlue
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by agurza(f): 9:42am On Jun 13, 2015
Nice but did you understand my question at all. Be honest will you pass me if I give you that as an answer to that question in an examination. I'm here to learn please
iliyande:

Do you read about sss at all?

The State Security Service is obligated by law to perform the following:

a. Prevention, detection and Investigation of:

i. Threat of espionage
ii. Threat of subversion
iii. Ehreat of sabotage
iv. Economic crimes of national security dimension
v. Terrorist activities
vi. Separatist agitations and inter-group conflicts
vii. Threats to law and order

b. Provision of protective security for designated principal government functionaries, sensitive installations and visiting foreign dignitaries;

c. vetting of:

i. prospective appointees to public offices:

ii. vital and sensitive corporate organizations before their incorporation in Nigeria, and continuous covert monitoring of their activities to ensure that they ate in line with national security interest: and

iii. Applicants for Nigerian International passports and Naturalization/Nigerian citizenship.

iv. provision of timely advice to Government on all •matters of national security interest; and

v. such other functions as may from time to time be • assigned by the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by voxpopp: 9:42am On Jun 13, 2015
ideykwum:
I'm beginning to get worried too!! What's all the talk on DSS! A president for everybody shouldn't be vindictive! It's a petty and childish trait!

YOU DEY MAD WE ARE TALKING OF HIS PERSONAL SECURITY HERE angry IF HE HAS GOOD REASON NOT TO TRUST THEM, WHY SHOULD HE USE THEM. undecidedHE HAS NOT EVEN TOUCHED OR PROBED ANYBODY, YOU ARE SHOUTING VINDICTIVE. IF I WERE HIM I WILL JAIL ALL TOP DSS OFFICERS FOR MISUSING THEIR POWERS AND BEING PARTISAN angry
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by botpat: 9:43am On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
I hope Buhari is aware that it is more than 2weeks into this Presidency?

from or write ups I think u are the next doyin okupe. you talk without reasoning. meet lai Mohammed he will mentor you on how to be a better opposition
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by CSTR2: 9:45am On Jun 13, 2015
PStacks:

Tell me more about the South West being irrelevant..

Tell me about the Acumen And Genius of Tinubu,

Tell me about how Baba Obasanjo Single handedly crushed your "Azikiwe Goodluck"

Tell me about south West being irrelevant that the only Man seen in public functions with #Buhari seems to be only Fashola..

Tell me how South West is irrelevant oo.

You see, if I was from the SE/SS, I will feel equally as bitter as you feel that your votes couldn't retain GEJ..

Its ok to lick your wounds..

Just take the back seat and watch the Leaders lead..
I see you mentioned OBJ.
The SW didnt vote overwhelmingly for OBJ but he won.
Stop deluding yourself, mr man.
Whoever the north supports, wins.
The SW can vote for whoever they want but if the north and the SE/SS disagrees, nothing happens.
That is why the north always wants one of the southern voting bloc to support it.
The common denominator is the north , irregardless of whichever direction the SE/SS or the SW votes.
It is as simple as that.
And yes, keep leading your zoo country ,who cares?
It is you people that led this zoo for over 40 years and rendered it useless.
Sophisticated minds are already looking beyond.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Blakjewelry(m): 9:46am On Jun 13, 2015
bonechamberlain:
na wa o reading the comments here marvel me. it seems we don't know the DSS should be in charge of a democratic president's security in nigeria, this is not a military regime where soldiers are seen protecting the president. the level of discipline and intelligence gathering of those guys cannot be rivaled by any other security outfit in Nigeria. the security and protection of the president should be based on people with respect, intelligence, discipline and also very discreet and secretive personnel. look at the word used "bodyguard protection". if the president thinks the police and soldiers can protect him that's fine, but can they prevent an attack or prevent an attack without firing a shot? well those are questions for another day. what the president should do is to do a shake up in the agency and make sure the agency remain nonpartisan instead of going about with soldiers and police like a dictator even most dictators today go out with intelligence officers.
Don't mind them, too much children with foolish sentiments on nairaland
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by haqueurate(m): 9:46am On Jun 13, 2015
Thank God so many positive steps.....what a break from the 6 long clueless years with no directions or even rumors on what will happen next
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 13, 2015
DSS were the most politicised of all the security agencies... So whatever bad treatment gives them, they deserve it.

Let it be on record in their organization that the DSS must not get involved in politics.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by morscino: 9:50am On Jun 13, 2015
bonechamberlain:
na wa o reading the comments here marvel me. it seems we don't know the DSS should be in charge of a democratic president's security in nigeria, this is not a military regime where soldiers are seen protecting the president. the level of discipline and intelligence gathering of those guys cannot be rivaled by any other security outfit in Nigeria. the security and protection of the president should be based on people with respect, intelligence, discipline and also very discreet and secretive personnel. look at the word used "bodyguard protection". if the president thinks the police and soldiers can protect him that's fine, but can they prevent an attack or prevent an attack without firing a shot? well those are questions for another day. what the president should do is to do a shake up in the agency and make sure the agency remain nonpartisan instead of going about with soldiers and police like a dictator even most dictators today go out with intelligence officers.
Have u ever heard of the MIA(Military intelligence agency)? they're actually d ones who trains d DSS,so d military can prevent an attack without firing a shot.
For d shake up or comlete over-haul of d DSS,it wuld be done gradually,but d president needs to be protected for now by d ones he trusts.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by olayinkaj2(m): 9:51am On Jun 13, 2015
The DSS's role during the election was terrible, they are being bias. They should have focus on their responsibility rather than meddling in politics. They should probe all of them and fish out those bad eggs.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by PStacks(m): 9:54am On Jun 13, 2015
CSTR2:
I see you mentioned OBJ.
The SW didnt vote overwhelmingly for OBJ but he won.
Stop deluding yourself, mr man.
Whoever the north supports, wins.
The SW can vote for whoever they want but if the north and the SE/SS disagrees, nothing happens.
That is why the north always wants one of the southern voting bloc to support it.
The common denominator is the north , irregardless of whichever direction the SE/SS or the SW votes.
It is as simple as that.
And yes, keep leading your zoo country ,who cares?
It is you people that led this zoo for over 40 years and rendered it useless.
Sophisticated minds are already looking beyond.

In that case, I guess you people need another Ojukwu, becos it seems you have not learnt your lessons..

If you guys dare try anything stupid or foolish, This time it would be fight to Finish and the Winner would Take all..

If the SE/SS have refused to learn from history, then I'm not the one to coach them..

Noise makers they don't even need a Camp fire. Empty Barrels just keep making noise..

If you people try anything funny again, it would be No retreat No surrender...
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by jomoh: 9:59am On Jun 13, 2015
bonechamberlain:

And by the time the shake up is happening who will be in charge.

The man is a security man himself, he understands more than we all do. But to my best of understanding he is right. Cos its better to make them appear useless and shake them up then when their evil thoughts have been thwarted by the shake up, he may reconsider them. I believe by this time they should within themselves be pointing accusing fingers at the culprits within them
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by bishopclin(m): 9:59am On Jun 13, 2015
morscino:

Have u ever heard of the MIA(Military intelligence agency)? they're actually d ones who trains d DSS,so d military can prevent an attack without firing a shot.
For d shake up or comlete over-haul of d DSS,it wuld be done gradually,but d president needs to be protected for now by d ones he trusts.
So much LIES! There's nothing as MIA bt DIA. Such ppl don't train DSS. Seriously, u are spreading falsehood with blinking an eye. You don't even know the function of DIA. Kai! So much ignorance in the land

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by CSTR2: 9:59am On Jun 13, 2015
PStacks:

In that case, I guess you people need another Ojukwu, becos it seems you have not learnt your lessons..

If you guys dare try anything stupid or foolish, This time it would be fight to Finish and the Winner would Take all..

If the SE/SS have refused to learn from history, then I'm not the one to coach them..

Noise makers they don't even need a Camp fire. Empty Barrels just keep making noise..

If you people try anything funny again, it would be No retreat No surrender...
The same way your political elites are currently being schooled by the north, with the VP rendered a complete nonentity.
Anyway, no problem.
We are all here for the main time.
We will see who will laugh last in the end.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by hmmmm2015(m): 10:01am On Jun 13, 2015
USarmy:
Daura President where is The IRRELEVANT ONE a.k.a Osibanjo
Your stupidity is legendary. I didn't expect less from you. Mofo
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by PStacks(m): 10:11am On Jun 13, 2015
CSTR2:
The same way your political elites are currently being schooled by the north, with the VP rendered a complete nonentity.
Anyway, no problem.
We are all here for the main time.
We will see who will laugh last in the end.

Its not News that intellectuals and well breed technocrats are all the boundless resources the SW got!

When Awolowo was offering free Education to his people, illuminating them with bright lights, the Forefathers in the SE/SS didn't have that enough foresight that he had to enbrighten you folks from that Region.

We the South-westerners are very proud and grateful to our ancestors for making us this prominent and pushing us to such lime light!

I mean! Look at it, who doesn't Love Babatunde Raji Fashola..
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by sadiq4u6173: 10:16am On Jun 13, 2015
carnegiefan:
The man may be semi-literate but I really think that he understands power cheesy
The DSS has been there for far too long with so many former leaders, so he cannot reasonably trust that those leaders aren't going to call in favors from their former appointees.
In any case he is spot on about using regular police and military for presidential guard duties. That way if anything happens we know who is responsible. Secret police tend to be less accountable.
if a semi literate man would manouver his way to be your president then I wonder what you are. illiterate fools

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by sadiq4u6173: 10:18am On Jun 13, 2015
hmmmm2015:

Your stupidity is legendary. I didn't expect less from you. Mofo
don't mind the brainless fool. if u have a Dillard as president then I wonder what you are....hmm
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by PStacks(m): 10:20am On Jun 13, 2015
ideykwum:
Fine!! Deal with Marilyn Ogar and other such "bad eggs", but leave the DSS alone!! Why kill an ant with a sledgehammer?

Is that not what he's doing..

It doesn't matter how you kill the ant.. The koko be say the ant don die,
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by pacino26(m): 10:21am On Jun 13, 2015
bonechamberlain:

You've spoken well. The service came into being when the SIB or Force Intelligence couldn't counter a coup. We shared same quarters with DSS operatives early in life and they were focused. The crop of them wielding the T21 dressed in suits today are no different from political thugs. It's a shame that I admire them so much. The president's decision I believe is borne out of organizational restructuring as the first step is to load them off the villa first. The secret police is no longer secret as they introduce themselves with the weapon they wield and the way they carry themselves in public functions busy enriching themselves and seeing the service as one place to earn SWAG. Soldiers die daily same as police officers but have you heard their wives protesting? During the Omabatse death in Nasarrawa these guys flare up in protest and demanded justice that was the height of it. The day you sign up in the military or paramilitary is the day you died. The remaining existence na jara.

I believe in time the service will be restored to glory but for now let the military and State intelligence Bureau take over the task.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by mikolo80: 10:23am On Jun 13, 2015
carnegiefan:
The man may be semi-literate but I really think that he understands power cheesy
The DSS has been there for far too long with so many former leaders, so he cannot reasonably trust that those leaders aren't going to call in favors from their former appointees.
In any case he is spot on about using regular police and military for presidential guard duties. That way if anything happens we know who is responsible. Secret police tend to be less accountable.
ẹ tin jẹ́ wọ bọ diẹ diẹ abi
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by CSTR2: 10:23am On Jun 13, 2015
PStacks:

Its not News that intellectuals and well breed technocrats are all the boundless resources the SW got!

When Awolowo was offering free Education to his people, illuminating them with bright lights, the Forefathers in the SE/SS didn't have that enough foresight that he had to enbrighten you folks from that Region.

We the South-westerners are very proud and grateful to our ancestors for making us this prominent and pushing us to such lime light!

I mean! Look at it, who doesn't Love Babatunde Raji Fashola..
Your education that made the SW have the poorest people with the highest unemployment rate in southern nigeria comparable only to the north.
Awolowo himself was so educated that he allowed himself to be outsmarted by illiterate northerners before he committed suicide.
Sorry, the education was a waste.
Btw, the SW is no longer the most educated zone in the country.
The SE and even the SS are getting more percentage of people educated than the SW.
The SW is currently being almajirized. Get along with the times, son.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by fof1: 10:32am On Jun 13, 2015
oluwafemi113:
I dislike DSS as well

Jonathan has really corrupt that section

Must expecially that Woman. DSS Deputy Director, Public Relations, Marilyn Ogar..... she talks before thinking

No way for them here in villa they can go and provide services for the Ogogoro Man at Otueke

Ur very ignorant of what is happening,u pple only speculate and confuse ur brains.stupidity at its peak.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Pangea: 10:39am On Jun 13, 2015
So that yeye market woman, maryln ogar is still there?
Will baba just sack her, probe and prosecute her already?
She is a disgrace to that outfit and brought that honorable department to total disrepute!
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by iliyande(m): 10:40am On Jun 13, 2015
morscino:

Hahaha, this guy
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by PStacks(m): 10:42am On Jun 13, 2015
CSTR2:
Your education that made the SW have the poorest people with the highest unemployment rate in southern nigeria comparable only to the north.
Awolowo himself was so educated that he allowed himself to be outsmarted by illiterate northerners before he committed suicide.
Sorry, the education was a waste.
Btw, the SW is no longer the most educated zone in the country.
The SE and even the SS are getting more percentage of people educated than the SW.
The SW is currently being almajirized. Get along with the times, son.

U can make urself feel good all you want but there is no hiding place for the gold fish..

We know we are envied by other tribes and regions..

Let's cut this crap.. Thanks and have a good day.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by brixton: 10:43am On Jun 13, 2015
PassingShot:

If you still think any coup can ever be successful in Naija of today, you're dreaming. That era is gone forever.

I said last time which means he should not play with his security. No matter my opposition, I will never wish for coup against President M. Buhari.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by CSTR2: 10:45am On Jun 13, 2015
PStacks:

U can make urself feel good all you want but there is no hiding place for the gold fish..

We know we are envied by other tribes and regions..

Let's cut this crap.. Thanks and have a good day.
A goldfish riddled with poverty and brown roof syndrome.
Have a good day too.
envy ko ,envy ni.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ALISMILE(m): 10:52am On Jun 13, 2015
ocelot2006:

EXACTLY. I've seen all three service in action. Frankly, I can NEVER rely on police, the Army's well disciplined but they lack training in close protection. With respect to the DSS though, close protection/bodyguard services is their forte and they do it far better than any other service.
Again I disagree on dis! SSS didn't get their training frm heaven! D security of d President is not d monopoly of any security agency! U cannot rely on d Police but the NPF bfore and durin d jus concluded election exhibited more professionalism as dey resisted every attemp to be used by politicians (PDP) against their opponents!consequently, if u ask me btw d two which can b relied upon, in conditions dat require pathroitism and unbias, I ll go for d police!It was because of D police displayed of unapproachability that d IGP got sacked immediately after d elections! SSS in d recent election and electioneering displayed a high level of bias and unprofessionlism, standin side by side wit corrupt polictians to perpetrate political treachery and as such they cannot be trusted!
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by POTUT(m): 10:54am On Jun 13, 2015
carnegiefan:

The meaning of illiteracy is inability to read and write. Even though I did not vote for him, I am not blinded by sentiments. Surely, Buhari can read and write.
He is NOT illiterate!
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by PStacks(m): 10:54am On Jun 13, 2015
CSTR2:
A goldfish riddled with poverty and brown roof syndrome.
Have a good day too.
envy ko ,envy ni.

Did I hear u say brown roof! OMG! I was at onitsha the other day and I was embarassed..

Rusted brown roof in the heart of the city. No form of development whatsoever, reminded me of the Stone-age and I'm like, gotdanm it, don't these people have any sense of modernisation, old and archaic in nature and this is whom they have choosen to remain.

They can't think forward, they can't think development, that's why their vote was tied to their stomach.. grin grin hahahaha!

They must be the definition of "Stomach Infrastructure"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EndSARS Protest At Iyana Ipaja (Photos) / Flutterwave Founder, Iyin Aboyeji, Presents Tinubu Tech Policy (Photo) / Nnamdi Kanu ‘Shuts Down’ Abakaliki - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.