Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS (50026 Views)

Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With Dss-punch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 13, 2015
agurza:
please can you quote the section in the Constitution that mandated the DSS to provide security for the president. Please can you explain why the DSS decided to abandon it's constitutional mandate and become unofficial spokesman of GEJ government.
please use google and stop blabbing here
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Correctman0606: 8:50am On Jun 13, 2015
USarmy:
Daura President where is The IRRELEVANT ONE a.k.a Osibanjo
Buhari is just an empty carton. So so talk. I was even thinking as a millitary man, who is usually described as double edge sword, has some special techniques not known to others so that by this time he would come out with them and finished up those boko harams. He is there making so so mouth

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by edwinoyoma(m): 8:51am On Jun 13, 2015
USarmy:
Daura President where is The IRRELEVANT ONE a.k.a Osibanjo
Hahahah....make una nor kill person ooo...
'I met with President Michelle of West Germany....PMB'

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by iliyande(m): 8:57am On Jun 13, 2015
agurza:
please can you quote the section in the Constitution that mandated the DSS to provide security for the president. Please can you explain why the DSS decided to abandon it's constitutional mandate and become unofficial spokesman of GEJ government.
Do you read about sss at all?

The State Security Service is obligated by law to perform the following:

a. Prevention, detection and Investigation of:

i. Threat of espionage
ii. Threat of subversion
iii. Ehreat of sabotage
iv. Economic crimes of national security dimension
v. Terrorist activities
vi. Separatist agitations and inter-group conflicts
vii. Threats to law and order

b. Provision of protective security for designated principal government functionaries, sensitive installations and visiting foreign dignitaries;

c. vetting of:

i. prospective appointees to public offices:

ii. vital and sensitive corporate organizations before their incorporation in Nigeria, and continuous covert monitoring of their activities to ensure that they ate in line with national security interest: and

iii. Applicants for Nigerian International passports and Naturalization/Nigerian citizenship.

iv. provision of timely advice to Government on all •matters of national security interest; and

v. such other functions as may from time to time be • assigned by the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by cabaliciouscabal: 8:58am On Jun 13, 2015
Intelligence my foot, is marilyn ogar intelligent or foolish? I guess d latter, calling bunch of criminals intelligent, she forgot dat she was working for Nigeria and not PDP, coming up with different school kid lies, in other to kip PDP in power, I was shocked wen I read dat a question was directed to her and she replied no comment, I thought she was good at talking, Wat appened to her everyday press conference. As for me I think d president is wasting too much time on her, she should av bn kicked out of d service, she is a big disgrace to d nation.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by CSTR2: 9:02am On Jun 13, 2015
PStacks:

Don't you get it!

SE/SS are bloody minorities and Buhari doesn't need your votes, and who tells you he would contest 2019?

Buhari would not contest, his good works would make nigerians want him for a second term but I suspect he'l do what his brother "Nelson Mandela" did..

He'l do just 1, but that 1 would be worth more than what 5 other presidents have done..

Already we are beginning to see it.
Keep deluding yourself.
The north is the only real voting bloc in this country.
If PDP produce a credible northern candidate,helped with a buhari gross incompetence, the northern votes will be split.
The SE/SS will vote overwhelmingly for the PDP and the SW votes will be rendered irrelevant.
We will see who the minorities really are then.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by chronique(m): 9:03am On Jun 13, 2015
Is the DSS not under the control of the presidency again? If he has issues with them,why not sack those you think were unprofessional and replace them with new officers? This story sounds like He is quarelling with the entire DSS. I hope he won't quarel with the entire army tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by CSTR2: 9:05am On Jun 13, 2015
Kuwaitboy:
. You are a very big fool. That niger delta militant mad man called barcanista is only interested in his selfish interest and amnesty money, not in any general niger delta interests. But I guess you are too foolish to get that.
And who is interested in the niger-delta welfare?
you, or your parasitic federation?
You are a slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ideykwum: 9:06am On Jun 13, 2015
All these you mentioned are propaganda and innuendo! Come on, you can do better than this!

I am not pro-PDP nor pro-APC, and I know bullshit when I hear it! It's like the PDP version of bullshit of Buhari being an illiterate! One may echo it out of spite, but it doesn't change the emptiness of the assertion!

The DSS has faults (like many Nigerian agencies) but pushing them aside is not a solution, but a juvenile stunt that may backfire and sends a wrong precedent!

quote author=PStacks post=34720983]

This isn't about being childish or vindictive. Its about being Professional..

Government work must be done professionally, Gone are the days when govt work is no man's job..

That DSS was the Military wing of PDP.

Christian Association of Nigeria under Oritsejafor was the Religious arm of the PDP.

All this era has past, this is a new dispensation.. Old things are past away and all things are become new.. Deal with it. [/quote]
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by philips70(m): 9:08am On Jun 13, 2015
Burger01:

Lol. The snitch would get a better protection in his new parallel government in Portharcouthcheesy

Yes, he can appoint Odili, Alamieseigha and even plus Jonathan since he loves him so much as ministers and ask the Rivers state house of assembly powered by ex-militants to clear them for him.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by veraluv(m): 9:08am On Jun 13, 2015
No security agency in Nigeria today dat can withstand the DSS in terms of protective security..... Mark my words that president buhari will at the end of the day request for the services of the DSS because they are the best in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by agurza(f): 9:10am On Jun 13, 2015
anwo247:

Pls for your own good, I encourage you not to expect anything from this Daura President.

It's going to be the longest 4 yrs of Nigeria.
well for your information we are use to staying for long without anything even with a PhD holder at the helm of affairs.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by philips70(m): 9:12am On Jun 13, 2015
veraluv:
No security agency in Nigeria today dat can withstand the DSS in terms of protective security..... Mark my words that president buhari will at the end of the day request for the services of the DSS because they are the best in Nigeria.

Why not just start a protest so they make Marylyn Ogar as the CSO to the president?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ideykwum: 9:12am On Jun 13, 2015
Emabinu Bros, but I am a concerned Nigerian who won't support impunity, no matter whose ox is gored!! The problem with GEJ was people like you, who would support their champion no matter the degree of impunity! Come on, let's truly have change! A change that affects leaders and Nigerians alike! A change of mindset!

sammyj:
Are U part of DSS mole ni !!! cheesy grin grin
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Toktee(m): 9:14am On Jun 13, 2015
bonechamberlain:
I understand ur anger but don't forget that most of these murders you listed where state sanctioned, so even if the DSS knew the culprits they wouldn't be jailed because so many powerful heads would roll. please dont be biased are you saying these guys havent prevented any terrorist attack, even the u.s with all weapons and gadgets still witness high crime and terrorism. well that was under PDP mafia style of leadership. that's why buhari should reorganize them and let's see how the can function under apc .
the attack on dss hqtrs is still fresh on our memory,how can you protect me when you cannot protect urself?
Dss remain domant,no pregress at all,how do you xpect buhari to trust his security in their hands.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Kuwaitboy: 9:15am On Jun 13, 2015
CSTR2:
And who is interested in the niger-delta welfare?
you, or your parasitic federation?
You are a slowpoke.
.You are a dimwit parasite. You niger delta pple care only about selfishness and what enters your pocket. That is why all the money you get is spent on enriching few pple. You only have yourself to blame for your underdevelopment. Your brain is so stunted. Ewu, catastrophic mad man. World class slowpoke, sensational fool, senior he goat.Go and get a little education and a job instead of depending on hand outs from amnesty.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by PStacks(m): 9:17am On Jun 13, 2015
CSTR2:
Keep deluding yourself.
The north is the only real voting bloc in this country.
If PDP produce a credible northern candidate,helped with a buhari gross incompetence, the northern votes will be split.
The SE/SS will vote overwhelmingly for the PDP and the SW votes will be rendered irrelevant.
We will see who the minorities really are then.

I Çant do calculations or permutations with yoÙ cos it seems u are deficient in Basic Arithmetic..

If you can do the Maths and from the just concluded electÍons, you'l See that SE/SS is very irrelevant in deciding the destiny of this great Nation..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 13, 2015
bonechamberlain:
na wa o reading the comments here marvel me. it seems we don't know the DSS should be in charge of a democratic president's security in nigeria, this is not a military regime where soldiers are seen protecting the president. the level of discipline and intelligence gathering of those guys cannot be rivaled by any other security outfit in Nigeria. the security and protection of the president should be based on people with respect, intelligence, discipline and also very discreet and secretive personnel. look at the word used "bodyguard protection". if the president thinks the police and soldiers can protect him that's fine, but can they prevent an attack or prevent an attack without firing a shot? well those are questions for another day. what the president should do is to do a shake up in the agency and make sure the agency remain nonpartisan instead of going about with soldiers and police like a dictator even most dictators today go out with intelligence officers.
You mean military bodies don't have intelligence department?
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by PStacks(m): 9:19am On Jun 13, 2015
ideykwum:
All these you mentioned are propaganda and innuendo! Come on, you can do better than this!

I am not pro-PDP nor pro-APC, and I know bullshit when I hear it! It's like the PDP version of bullshit of Buhari being an illiterate! One may echo it out of spite, but it doesn't change the emptiness of the assertion!

The DSS has faults (like many Nigerian agencies) but pushing them aside is not a solution, but a juvenile stunt that may backfire and sends a wrong precedent!

quote author=PStacks post=34720983]

This isn't about being childish or vindictive. Its about being Professional..

Government work must be done professionally, Gone are the days when govt work is no man's job..

That DSS was the Military wing of PDP.

Christian Association of Nigeria under Oritsejafor was the Religious arm of the PDP.

All this era has past, this is a new dispensation.. Old things are past away and all things are become new.. Deal with it.

You call all that propaganda.. Even a deaf aÑd dumb person knows that maryln orgah was very unprofessional and was taking sides with PDP..

Now the game is over, its time to go..

You simply can't eat your cake and still have it! Where is that done?
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by CSTR2: 9:22am On Jun 13, 2015
PStacks:

I Çant do calculations or permutations with yoÙ cos it seems u are deficient in Basic Arithmetic..

If you can do the Maths and from the just concluded electÍons, you'l See that SE/SS is very irrelevant in deciding the destiny of this great Nation..
Get lost, you green horn.
The only reason you think the SW is a credible voting bloc is because the north and the middle belt voted overwhelmingly for buhari.
Even the northern kingmakers have clarified on different fora on how irrelevant the SW was to buhari emergence.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by undisputedgbola(m): 9:23am On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
I hope Buhari is aware that it is more than 2weeks into this Presidency?
Mtcheeew! Shoro niiyen??
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Toktee(m): 9:24am On Jun 13, 2015
CSTR2:
And then buhari will lose woefully in 2019.
I hope you know buhari will never stand a chance in the SE/SS.
you are still living in the past,we dnt need se/ss,the entire area is not up to the size of NE,so,bro wakeup.
We did without them,and we will still do it without them owk

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 13, 2015
I like the sound of "Using Soldiers", it's like we're about to watch the part two of a movie acted first in 1985.
Barcanista abeg home analyse this one for me Bro...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by CSTR2: 9:27am On Jun 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Toktee(m): 9:28am On Jun 13, 2015
PStacks:

Bitter TANoids littered all over the place.
HAHAHAHA,WALAHI
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Emnyte(m): 9:30am On Jun 13, 2015
PStacks:

m yoruba, but i do wonder why you people always blast igbos and deeming them irrelevant. That they voted for jonathan doesnt mean they are not relevant, they only exercised their franchise

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by PStacks(m): 9:30am On Jun 13, 2015
CSTR2:
Get lost, you green horn.
The only reason you think the SW is a credible voting bloc is because the north and the middle belt voted overwhelmingly for buhari.
Even the northern kingmakers have clarified on different fora on how irrelevant the SW was to buhari emergence.

Tell me more about the South West being irrelevant..

Tell me about the Acumen And Genius of Tinubu,

Tell me about how Baba Obasanjo Single handedly crushed your "Azikiwe Goodluck"

Tell me about south West being irrelevant that the only Man seen in public functions with #Buhari seems to be only Fashola..

Tell me how South West is irrelevant oo.

You see, if I was from the SE/SS, I will feel equally as bitter as you feel that your votes couldn't retain GEJ..

Its ok to lick your wounds..

Just take the back seat and watch the Leaders lead..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 13, 2015
Toktee:
the attack on dss hqtrs is still fresh on our memory,how can you protect me when you cannot protect urself?
Dss remain domant,no pregress at all,how do you xpect buhari to trust his security in their hands.
Don't be talking like a child na...
It's like you don't know the number of military barracks and police stations that have been attacked.
booboo should do whatever he likes sha, but not blame anyone later
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ExInferis(m): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2015
dayo23:
One of the most Ridicle and childish department under the security Agency during the corrupt led GEJ administration, they even go as far as arresting road side cyber cafe owners, breaking into political party offices in the name of searching for un-existed devices, creating problems instead of stopping them.

Mr President by now should begin to overhaul the DSS, top ranking officers including that shameless woman Marilyn Ogar should be locked up and dealt with @ kirikiri

Henceforth her name is Marilyn Ogre

Yep, she's as ugly as an ogre.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by angelsing(m): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2015
I lost hope in our DSS when Marilyn Ogar came out to say anytime APC wins election there is no bomb blast but when they lose election there is always a bomb blast..For christ sake who dah Bleep say this as the spokesman for our intelligence agency...It just goes to show that they have no idea of what intelligence gathering is all about..infact enn shame catch me for my country

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by PStacks(m): 9:35am On Jun 13, 2015
Emnyte:
m yoruba, but i do wonder why you people always blast igbos and deeming them irrelevant. That they voted for jonathan doesnt mean they are not irrelevant, they only exercised their franchise

Don't they have enough sense to know where to direct their franchise, must people tell them their old and archaic ways couldn't get GEJ that seat they so desired?

Excercising your franchise and not hitting the mark simply means ur franchise was irrelevant..

No harms intended.. Hope u get the logic..
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ideykwum: 9:37am On Jun 13, 2015
Fine!! Deal with Marilyn Ogar and other such "bad eggs", but leave the DSS alone!! Why kill an ant with a sledgehammer?

PStacks:

You call all that propaganda.. Even a deaf aÑd dumb person knows that maryln orgah was very unprofessional and was taking sides with PDP..

Now the game is over, its time to go..

You simply can't eat your cake and still have it! Where is that done?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Endorsement Of Jonathan In November Was A 'Spiritual Drama' - Rev Fr Mbaka / Buhari Donates Two Cows To Corpers In Katsina For Sallah Celebration / Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.