Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS (50025 Views)

Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With Dss-punch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by loudspeaker247: 10:58am On Jun 13, 2015
When 'll President Buhari allow the wind of change blow into the NNPC towers...time is nt on our side ooo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by IYANGBALI: 11:07am On Jun 13, 2015
oluwafemi113:
I dislike DSS as well

Jonathan has really corrupt that section

Must expecially that Woman. DSS Deputy Director, Public Relations, Marilyn Ogar..... she talks before thinking

No way for them here in villa they can go and provide services for the Ogogoro Man at Otueke
gbam

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by neocortex: 11:09am On Jun 13, 2015
Burger01:

So, who was the cause of DSS problems? Jonathan is a failure and corruption personified. Deal or live with it.smiley

Only people with blurred vision will see a problem with DSS , you might want to get conversant with the roles and duties of the DSS.
But if you are sure DSS has problems as Babaonechance also believes , kindly list them here or forever remain silent.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 13, 2015
We wait for the list, to see whether SS n SE top soldiers will be retired
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by nkemdi89(f): 11:19am On Jun 13, 2015
oluwafemi113:
I dislike DSS as well

Jonathan has really corrupt that section

Must expecially that Woman. DSS Deputy Director, Public Relations, Marilyn Ogar..... she talks before thinking

No way for them here in villa they can go and provide services for the Ogogoro Man at Otueke
Weather you like them or not they are here to stay, so swerve with your hatred because they stood by the then president who they were loyal. I don't think you were born when the then dss gave your same buhari critical intelligence and he under rated it which caused his exist from power then. Make your research and stop making noise.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by nkemdi89(f): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2015
slimfit1:
The DSS people were not trained officers if not they would not interfere with politics hopefully someone has learnt his or her lessons. Don't try to even make a single comment because you want to please the current boss. DSS should have shown us professionalism by not choosing sides what so ever.
What do you know about the DSS and professionalism? Do you even know anything about intelligence organisation? Is there any word like loyalty in your vocabulary? Have you made a comprehensive research about the modus operandi of all intelligence organisations all over the world? You are ill and less informed but you think you know anything, if you are a journalist you the mushroom type.use ur mb and google about CIA, KGB, MOSAD before you write next time.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Pangea: 11:32am On Jun 13, 2015
chuna1985:
We wait for the list, to see whether SS n SE top soldiers will be retired

Your SS and SE will be retired with other officers from other tribes deserving to be!
What will you do?
Come here and rant and give ultimatum?
Or secede again?

Hijerika will soon be sent to Hague to face his war crime charges!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ALISMILE(m): 11:41am On Jun 13, 2015
fof1:

Ur very ignorant of what is happening,u pple only speculate and confuse ur brains.stupidity at its peak.
howw is he stupid and confused! Is he wrong? I think u er d one dat is stupid here! Bloody SSS agents!
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by sammyj: 11:44am On Jun 13, 2015
Noted, but because we want to stop impunity should now means bad eggs in DSS should not be flushed out !!!!
ideykwum:
Emabinu Bros, but I am a concerned Nigerian who won't support impunity, no matter whose ox is gored!! The problem with GEJ was people like you, who would support their champion no matter the degree of impunity! Come on, let's truly have change! A change that affects leaders and Nigerians alike! A change of mindset!

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by jornie(m): 11:52am On Jun 13, 2015
h
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Burger01(m): 11:56am On Jun 13, 2015
philips70:

Yes, he can appoint Odili, Alamieseigha and even plus Jonathan since he loves him so much as ministers and ask the Rivers state house of assembly powered by ex-militants to clear them for him.
Hehehehecheesy
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by blackpriest0911: 11:59am On Jun 13, 2015
Barcanista....mtchewwww...12 days compared to 16 yrs of PDP misrule...saTANoids
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
Pangea:

Your SS and SE will be retired with other officers from other tribes deserving to be!
What will you do?
Come here and rant and give ultimatum?
Or secede again?

Hijerika will soon be sent to Hague to face his war crime charges!

Lol, is ihejirika d only one accused of war crimes

I will still watch to see who n who got retired forcefully.

Finally, Nigeria shall be broken one day n Biafra will secede, its a matter of time n its a promise.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by bonechamberlain(m): 12:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
mohammedabiodun:
You mean military bodies don't have intelligence department?
the military has the department of military intelligence (dmi), their main function is to gather intelligence on any possible or future external aggression against Nigeria and not to serve as intelligence officers of the president.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by gagewonda(m): 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
Paramount amongst d constitutional responsibility of d DSS is gathering intelligence within d country nd protection of d president. PMB is just being unnecessarily vengeful. Do an overhaul of d service nd let dem perform der constitutional responsibility this is d same way he feels banning camouflage of paramilitary will promote d superiority of d military as if dats d problem wit d security in nigeria. Until dis superiority battle within our security aparatus stops we won't get it ryt. To me PMB is just fighting for d superiority of his boiz (the military)

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by slimfit1(m): 12:38pm On Jun 13, 2015
nkemdi89:

What do you know about the DSS and professionalism? Do you even know anything about intelligence organisation? Is there any word like loyalty in your vocabulary? Have you made a comprehensive research about the modus operandi of all intelligence organisations all over the world? You are ill and less informed but you think you know anything, if you are a journalist you the mushroom type.use ur mb and google about CIA, KGB, MOSAD before you write next time.

Say whatever you like loyalty is to the people not to anybody, once you been paid by the government you do whatever it takes young man you only refer to American system whenever it suits you. Their duty is to keep him safe. Your level of thinking is the reason why we are where we are today.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Tycyborg(m): 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
PRYCE:
Not news! It's as expected!! I wonder how long Buhari Intends to stall his 'CHANGE'! But how can one change a country of 180 million people if he doesn't move with time @ WestGermany? I hope y'all know that 'Change' doesn't always mean changing for good?

and whats your point? During jona 2 week what did you see? All i see is still old nigeria but during buhari 2 weeks all i see is change smelling all over so stop complaining and a good half bread is better than none
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2015
ionsman:

No he isn't. .Write an article on it here for him to see it.You know WHATEVER YOU WRITE,THEY READ. Yeye

Omg I have tears in my eyes. He's so delusional, I just can't.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by OYEDIPE(m): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2015
USarmy:
Daura President where is The IRRELEVANT ONE a.k.a Osibanjo
You are just a fool. Why not go hang yourself.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Dscientist: 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
I hope Buhari is aware that it is more than 2weeks into this Presidency?
And that Nigeria should have turned to London or Paris. Why are you people so antagonistic and irrational in choice of comments.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by jaymichael(m): 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
blaqoracle:
you did not vote for change, why are you expecting change?
CLASSIC RESPONSE.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by MabraO: 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
I hope Buhari is aware that it is more than 2weeks into this Presidency?

I guess he has forgotten y not go to defense house abi where he is staying or go to AIT to relay ur uselessness age to him
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ALISMILE(m): 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
neocortex:

Only people with blurred vision will see a problem with DSS , you might want to get conversant with the roles and duties of the DSS.
But if you are sure DSS has problems as Babaonechance also believes , kindly list them here or forever remain silent.
Today evry intelligent
Nigerian
knows that Intelligent Gathering is d bane of
our
security agencies! And d SSS is d only
security
agency in Nig that is primarily saddled wit
dis
reponsibilty! I cannot forget d fact that d SSS
failure in dis regard, which has immensely
mitigated against our nations effort in winnin
d
war on terror, must and shud be adequately
blamed on dem! All devloped countries
maintain
their sharp military edge over others
because of
their effective intelligence agencies, and as
such
their mantra is,'prevention is beter than
cure'.
Today d disgrace this nation is facing wit
regardto d Chibok Girls is due to d failure of
our
very ineffective intelligence agency in lacatin
dem! How come this gross failure and
chronic
ineffectiveness of d sss is nt put on d spot
light
of d media so tthat adequate blame can
follow
so that Nigerians can put dem to task? The
reason is because, just like our very corrupt
judiciary, d SSS regularly grease d palms of
our
very undignified media, who deliberately
remove
dem frm d spot light! I do nt ve d time to
highlight the degree of failure and
ineffectiveness of d sss! Wenever I see dem
by d
motorcade of politicians I feel pained about
how
badly we ve missed up tins! Let me remind u
dat
d failure and gross ineptitude of d sss led to
d
insurgency we re facin in dfirst place!It is shameful dat inspite of d state of d art tech
they enjoy fromd FG we still
do not know who d sponsors of BH aare, how BH get their supplies such
as
fuel,vehicles, arms and ammunitions and
financies etc jus to mention but a few! Y is
BH
yet to be infiltrated by ur so called deadly
SSS?
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Chigold101(m): 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
xpac01:
Buhari came just at a time Nigeria needed him. Atleast he's slowly being cleared from the suspicion against him as bokoharam sponsor.
please explain to me oh. I dont really get your point here. Is it because he went to Chad and Niger?

Humn jah help us sha.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by alhgana: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2015
we hope your lean the from them
u must be care full for them because their still the same nobody cant changing easily only world shall show them wht as happen previous did

this is nice move Mr president we wish u long live
we don't want any stupid in securities body
we want you Mr president pay attention on security
use wisely not domptly we knw u cnt
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ALISMILE(m): 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
Chigold101:
please explain to me oh. I dont really get your point here. Is it because he went to Chad and Niger?

Humn jah help us sha.
u or any oda foool who believed dat GMB is a BH sponsor, even though he was close to being killed by dem, needs his brain flushed out for anoda one
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by neocortex: 2:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
ALISMILE:
Today evry intelligent
Nigerian
knows that Intelligent Gathering is d bane of
our
security agencies! And d SSS is d only
security
agency in Nig that is primarily saddled wit
dis
reponsibilty! I cannot forget d fact that d SSS
failure in dis regard, which has immensely
mitigated against our nations effort in winnin
d
war on terror, must and shud be adequately
blamed on dem! All devloped countries
maintain
their sharp military edge over others
because of
their effective intelligence agencies, and as
such
their mantra is,'prevention is beter than
cure'.
Today d disgrace this nation is facing wit
regardto d Chibok Girls is due to d failure of
our
very ineffective intelligence agency in lacatin
dem! How come this gross failure and
chronic
ineffectiveness of d sss is nt put on d spot
light
of d media so tthat adequate blame can
follow
so that Nigerians can put dem to task? The
reason is because, just like our very corrupt
judiciary, d SSS regularly grease d palms of
our
very undignified media, who deliberately
remove
dem frm d spot light! I do nt ve d time to
highlight the degree of failure and
ineffectiveness of d sss! Wenever I see dem
by d
motorcade of politicians I feel pained about
how
badly we ve missed up tins! Let me remind u
dat
d failure and gross ineptitude of d sss led to
d
insurgency we re facin in dfirst place!It is shameful dat inspite of d state of d art tech
they enjoy fromd FG we still
do not know who d sponsors of BH aare, how BH get their supplies such
as
fuel,vehicles, arms and ammunitions and
financies etc jus to mention but a few! Y is
BH
yet to be infiltrated by ur so called deadly
SSS?

While you did make some points , you must realize that a failure in intelligence gathering and analysis doesn't mean the whole agency itself is unnecessary otherwise America would have disbanded CIA long ago because of 9/11.
It is a fact that intelligent agencies all over the world do record almost the same level of failure as success.
Your expectations of SSS are outrageous , you make it sound as if the SSS has a magical remote control they can press and everything will instantaneously fall in place.

It seems you forgot the crux of this matter , that Buhari is punishing SSS not because they are not doing their job but because of the role they supposedly played before election. He forgot that intelligence agencies are usually more loyal to a ruling regime than even the country itself.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Chigold101(m): 2:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
slimfit1:
The DSS people were not trained officers if not they would not interfere with politics hopefully someone has learnt his or her lessons. Don't try to even make a single comment because you want to please the current boss. DSS should have shown us professionalism by not choosing sides what so ever.

How will this affect their salaries?

If federal government refuces to make use of their services and keeps paying them, who will be at a loss?
Before we rejoice we should know that it is still the masses that end up paying heavy prices for all this.
Drafting more police officers to the president reduces the little ones we have. It is a pity

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ocelot2006(m): 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
ALISMILE:
Again I disagree on dis! SSS didn't get their training frm heaven! D security of d President is not d monopoly of any security agency! U cannot rely on d Police but the NPF bfore and durin d jus concluded election exhibited more professionalism as dey resisted every attemp to be used by politicians (PDP) against their opponents!consequently, if u ask me btw d two which can b relied upon, in conditions dat require pathroitism and unbias, I ll go for d police!It was because of D police displayed of unapproachability that d IGP got sacked immediately after d elections! SSS in d recent election and electioneering displayed a high level of bias and unprofessionlism, standin side by side wit corrupt polictians to perpetrate political treachery and as such they cannot be trusted!

We are talking about CLOSE PROTECTION SERVICE here and the best service for that, NOT THE PERFORMANCE OF EACH SERVICE IN ELECTION MONITORING. There was a reason previous President's like OBJ relied SOLELY on the DSS. Personally, I've had to rely on Police protection on numerous, but I can CATEGORICALLY tell you that you're as good as being on your own with cops. The DSS is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT BEAST. This Intelligence Service receives some of the very best training not only in intelligence gathering but also close protection as it is their 2nd PRIMARY ROLE, and are equipped with far more sophisticated firearms than the Police. For example, an average NPF SPU or MOPOL cop is armed with a Type 56 -2 rifle or Isreali modernised AKs with M-4 styled butt stocks and 2 Mags MAX. THAT IS IT. An averaged DSS agent is armed with either the modern Tavor CTAR-21 or FN-P90 or FN-FS2000 or the Galil Ace carbine or Steyr Aug rifle as a primary weapon AND a side arm/pistol as a secondary weapon. In hand-2 - hand I can categorically tell you that MOST cops, if not all (with their pot bellies), are not good at all, even in local wrestling. An average DSS agent on the other hand is quite versed with Isreali Krav Maga. Discipline - wise , I will give it to the DSS any day anytime compared to the lousy police force that's now filled with touts. Even cops themselves can't even rely on themselves. There's been cases where DSS agents/teams REFUSE to add their colleagues from NPF units like SARS and co for many reasons like operational security and outright firearm indiscipline.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
bonechamberlain:
na wa o reading the comments here marvel me. it seems we don't know the DSS should be in charge of a democratic president's security in nigeria, this is not a military regime where soldiers are seen protecting the president. the level of discipline and intelligence gathering of those guys cannot be rivaled by any other security outfit in Nigeria. the security and protection of the president should be based on people with respect, intelligence, discipline and also very discreet and secretive personnel. look at the word used "bodyguard protection". if the president thinks the police and soldiers can protect him that's fine, but can they prevent an attack or prevent an attack without firing a shot? well those are questions for another day. what the president should do is to do a shake up in the agency and make sure the agency remain nonpartisan instead of going about with soldiers and police like a dictator even most dictators today go out with intelligence officers.
1000 likes

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ocelot2006(m): 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
Btw ALISMILE, the DSS is not the only service tasked with Intelligence gathering. There are:

National Intelligence Agency (NIA) : Foreign Intelligence
Department of State Service (DSS): Domestic Intelligence
Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA): Military Intelligence
Police Intelligence Bureau (IB): Criminal Intelligence

Every intelligence gathered by these services are then collated by the Joint Intelligence Board (JIB) of the ONSA and presented during National Security Council meetings.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by xpac01(m): 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
Chigold101:

Humn jah help us sha.
Can't you still read the writing on the wall? The blood thirsty are just desparate to intimidate the govt, knowing so well that very soon the tide of fire will come hot 'gainst them all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ambode Hands Over To Sanwo-olu (Photo) / My Endorsement Of Jonathan In November Was A 'Spiritual Drama' - Rev Fr Mbaka / Buhari Donates Two Cows To Corpers In Katsina For Sallah Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.