Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. (25596 Views)

‘Nigeria Moving Away From Corruption To Production’ – Rotimi Amaechi / Stealing Is Not Corruption - Ekpo Nta, ICPC Boss / The Iweala Who Worked For Me Is Different From The Iweala Who Worked For GEJ-OBJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 14, 2015
A corrupt act for person gain is stealing in a way, but when GEJ was talking about stealing, He was talking about stealing of public funds.
He was talking about stealing , as it affects Nigeria's money.

A person can steal another person's wife, position or even land through corrupt means, like offering her money or paying money to the employer or paying more money to the land lord, but it is never the same thing as diverting money given to you by the federal government to build schools, roads, bridges and pay workers salaries for your own personal use.

In corruption, you spend your own money, but in stealing, you take people money for you own use.

TheGoodJoe:

Are you minding them? A corrupt act is a dishonest act for personal gain. Simple. There is no need for long story. Corrupt = Dishonest for personal gain.

So is the OP telling me that Stealing is not a dishonest act for personal gain?

3 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 1:18am On Jun 14, 2015
Fundamentally, they are the same thing!

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 14, 2015
All Corruption cases are not cases of theft.

Let me ask you a question? If I give 20 Naira bribe to the Police for parking wrongly on the road, I'm I a thief?

Also, to answer your second question, Embezzlement is Pure and Unadulterated Stealing, don't even bring corruption for de matter

TheGoodJoe:
Stop all this APC talk and face the point. There is nothing like Grey or Black.

GEJ sighted a judge who said all the CORRUPTION CASES brought to him where all theft.

Let me say it again. All the Corruption cases were all theft.

Answer one question. Is Embezzlement Corruption or Stealing. Choose one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:21am On Jun 14, 2015
Whether you spend your own money or not, at the end, something is stolen. That means it is theft/stealing. It is impossible to commit a corrupt act without gaining something that is not deserved.

Please, Stealing is a Corrupt act. No matter how it is twisted. GEJ made a terrible mistake on live TV. No debate can make it right.

forexexpert:
A corrupt act for person gain is stealing in a way, but when GEJ was talking about stealing, He was talking about stealing of public funds.
He was talking about stealing , as it affects Nigeria's money.

A person can steal another person's wife, position or even land through corrupt means, like offering her money or paying money to the employer or paying more money to the land lord, but it is never the same thing as diverting money given to you by the federal government to build schools, roads, bridges and pay workers salaries for your own personal use.

In corruption, you spend your own money, but in stealing, you take people money for you own use.

3 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:25am On Jun 14, 2015
forexexpert:

Let me ask you a question? If I give 20 Naira bribe to the Police for parking wrongly on the road, I'm I a thief?

Also, to answer your second question, Embezzlement is Pure and Unadulterated Stealing, don't even bring corruption for de matter

You are twisting it. Simple, a Corrupt Act = Dishonest Act for Personal gain.

If you Bribe a Police Man, it is a dishonest act for Personal gain.

If you embezzle funds in an office you work? It is a dishonest act for personal gain.

If you make a Lady sleep with you against her will, it is a dishonest act for Personal gain.

If you steal meat from the pot, it is a dishonest act for personal gain.

Stealing, bribery etc are all corrupt.

4 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Wildrage: 1:27am On Jun 14, 2015
tola9ja:
The President is so dumb by that statement of Goat (corrupt officials/pdp) and Yam (National Treasury). He's said if you don't want Goat to eat

the yam, you pack the yams away from the goat... what! How about leave the yam and the goat while you are close by holding a stick

(EFCC/ICPC), with a stern look in your face, would the goat approach the yam? Goat being a sturbon animal like every pdp criminal will

definately try to make attempt but when you hit d goat or corrupt official with the stick (EFCC/ICPC) gbam! The goat won't come near again

and other goat/pdp criminal will learn from the punishment.

We have a President that's so dull and evil. Why worrying yourself packing truck loads of yam away because of some few Goats (Fayose,

Fani-kayode, Daizine, Ngozi, Clark, Koro, Ihejirika, Maina, Moro) etc

What a silly analogy! This President is NOT in anyway inspiring

You guys are adept at deliberate obfuscation, only the willfully ignorant and complete illiterates would fail to grasp the import of Gej's analysis of yam and goat. In simple term, it means prevention is better than cure, take away the source of temptation and the problem is 90% solved. The cashless policy for example has greatly reduced the incidences of armed robbery, the E wallets tremendously reduced the fertilizer scams etc. Empirical evidence have shown that while there is the need to apprehend and punish offenders, it's not always an effective deterrent to criminally minded people especially in a clime like ours where there is an obvious lack of capacity, human and material, to effectively combat crimes like graft. Drug trafficking was a fringe crime in Nigeria until Buhari's regime executed the guys caught in the 80s, that seems to serve as impetus to those criminals looking for a way to easy fortune. They've been killing our guys caught trafficking drugs to Asia, especially Thailand and Indonesia since the 80s, that has not deterred our boys one bit. In Europe and America where crimes are better solved and criminals effectively punished , our boys lived large from proceeds of credit card frauds and those caught and punished never had qualms going back to the same crime. The problem was largely solved by inbuilt system that makes it almost impossible to cash in on anyone's credit card. In so far as there is a possibility of success, however remote, punishment would never deter criminally minded Nigerians from defrauding the state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:29am On Jun 14, 2015
forexexpert:

The primary classifications of corruption include bribery, nepotism , embezzlement, fraud etc.
Embezzlement is stealing money entrusted to you.

2 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 14, 2015
Okay, if you are so sure that Stealing and Corruption are exactly the same thing then let me ask you a simple question and how you choose to answer this question will show the world how smart you are. Note, you must choose one option.

Can you live in the same room with a thief (Armed Robber) or A corrupt man (A liar and Manipulator who gives and takes bribes)

Will a school Principal accept you if you came to school with Grey school uniform, when the school specifically asked you to sew a Black school uniform

TheGoodJoe:
Whether you spend your own money or not, at the end, something is stolen. That means it is theft/stealing. It is impossible to commit a corrupt act without gaining something that is not deserved.

Please, Stealing is a Corrupt act. No matter how it is twisted. GEJ made a terrible mistake on live TG. No debate can make it right.

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:34am On Jun 14, 2015
I do not even understand the relevance of the question. You can not live with corruption because one way or the other, it hurts you.

You asked can I live with a robber or corrupt man?

Please, the Armed Robber is a corrupt man. He steals peoples lives and Property for Personal gain.

forexexpert:
Okay, if you are so sure that Stealing and Corruption are exactly the same thing then let me ask you a simple question and how you choose to answer this question will show the world how smart you are. Note, you must choose one option.

Can you live in the same room with a thief (Armed Robber) or A corrupt man (A liar and Manipulator who gives and takes bribes)

Will a school Principal accept you if you came to school with Grey school uniform, when the school specifically asked you to sew a Black school uniform

3 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by NobleG1(m): 1:34am On Jun 14, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
Proof from our criminal code Act that stealing is different from corruption.

Stealing;

Ignorance of some Nigerians makes me sick!
Lets check the dictionary;
--------------
(Google Dictionary - Corruption)
[size=13pt]Corruption[/size] /kəˈrʌpʃ(ə)n/

noun
1. dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.
E.g. "the journalist who wants to expose corruption in high places"

2. the process by which a word or expression is changed from its original state to one regarded as erroneous or debased.
E.g. "a record of a word's corruption"

(Google Dictionary - Thief)
[size=13pt]Thief[/size] /θiːf/

noun
a person who steals another person's property, especially by stealth and without using force or threat of violence.
E.g. "thieves broke into a house on York Close"
------------

When you steal, you're behaving in an untrustworthy, deceitful, dishonest, or insincere way, which qualifies you as corrupt!
- A thief is corrupt.
- A bribe giver or taker is corrupt.
- A pastor who extorts money from his dumb congregation is corrupt.
- A pastor who baths married women is corrupt.
- A policeman who lets a criminal relative off the hook is corrupt.
- A teacher who gives high grades in exchange for p*ussy is corrupt.
- A person who cheats on his or her partner is corrupt.
- A student who cheats in the classroom is corrupt.
- A person who got a job with fabricated documents is corrupt.
- A killer is corrupt.
- A liar is corrupt.
- A person who sleeps with a married woman or man is corrupt.
- A person in position of power who indulges in nepotism is corrupt.
- A president who tries to change the constitution for his own interest is corrupt.
- A kidnapper is corrupt.
- A drug dealer is corrupt.
- A bully is corrupt.

I could go on and on. Corruption is like an umbrella of crimes and other bad behaviors. So saying stealing is not corruption is totally wrong! I would rather call a thief a thief than just saying the person is corrupt because a corrupt person could be anyone one of those I mentioned above!

If you sue someone to court for corruption, judge will ask you what exactly did the person do that made you accuse him or her of corruption! Go to your village and accuse of corruption. You will realize no one will take you seriously because corruption could be anything. But try to accuse someone of stealing or kidnapping or killing and see what happens next.

2 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by crystalpeters64: 1:35am On Jun 14, 2015
you make $27h...good for you! I make up to $85h working from home. My story is that I quit working at shoprite to work online and with a little effort I easily bring in around $45h to $85h…heres a good example of what I'm doing
BEST PROFIT DEAL \ CHECK ,,,, WWW.PROFIT-REVIEW.COM
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:35am On Jun 14, 2015
Corruption and stealing is not a case of grey and black. It is a case of different shades of grey. At the end, they are all grey.

forexexpert:

2 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 14, 2015
Classification Classification Classification ...

This is what is causing all this problem.

The moment we separate Stealing from Corruption/Bribery/Nepotism

The faster this country will be on the path of recovery.

For me, if you Steal or Embezzle public, funds, you should be treated like a common criminal full final stop

For people who give bribes and do nepotism, they should pay fines or lose their jobs and properties or positions of authority

TheGoodJoe:

The primary classifications of corruption include bribery, nepotism , embezzlement, fraud etc.
Embezzlement is stealing money entrusted to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Ezemust: 1:39am On Jun 14, 2015
ken2nicez:
seriously y dis writeup now? was d writer slrepin all dis while...I see no importances wit dis writeup...

no.those who still use that statment to tag gej clueless would learn whos cluesless

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:40am On Jun 14, 2015
That does not stop stealing from being a corrupt Act.

forexexpert:
Classification Classification Classification ...

This is what is causing all this problem.

The moment we separate Stealing from Corruption/Bribery/Nepotism

The faster this country will be on the path of recovery.

For me, if you Steal or Embezzle public, funds, you should be treated like a common criminal full final stop

For people who give bribes and do nepotism, they should pay fines or lose their jobs and properties or positions of authority

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by kennykool4u: 1:42am On Jun 14, 2015
story tellers
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 14, 2015
Listen to this,

Corruption and Stealing are bad. A Thief is corrupt but not as bad as a Serial killer or a Terrorist,

Saying that stealing = corruption is like saying that all Muslims are terrorists simply because they are Muslims.

There are a lot of corrupt people who are not thieves.

When you lie, you are morally corrupt, but that does not make you a thief because you can sometimes lie to protect someone you love.

All sins lead to hell but not all sins are easy to forgive, so from that angle, all sins are not equal.

Also I will never live in the same house with a thief , but I can tolerate a liar who give and takes bribes if I had to choose between the two.

TheGoodJoe:
I do not even understand the relevance of the question. You can not live with corruption because one way or the other, it hurts you.

You asked can I live with a robber or corrupt man?

Please, the Armed Robber is a corrupt man. He steals peoples lives and Property for Personal gain.

3 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Ezemust: 1:50am On Jun 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Please, Stealing is a Corrupt act. No matter how it is twisted. GEJ made a terrible mistake on live TV. No debate can make it right.

not all corrupt cases involve stealing

3 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:52am On Jun 14, 2015
Ezemust:
not all corrupt cases involve stealing

All Corrupt Cases brought to the Judge by EFCC involves Theft/Stealing (What GEJ Pointed from the judge.)

All Corrupt Cases involves a dishonest Act for Personal gain.

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:53am On Jun 14, 2015
Stop dribbling around the point.

Answer yes or no. Is Stealing A Corrupt Act?

forexexpert:
Listen to this,

Corruption and Stealing are bad. A Thief is corrupt but not as bad as a Serial killer or a Terrorist,

Saying that stealing = corruption is like saying that all Muslims are terrorists simply because they are Muslims.

When you lie, you are morally corrupt, but that does not make you a thief because you can sometimes lie to protect someone you love.

All sins lead to hell but not all sins are easy to forgive, so from that angle, all sins are not equal.

Also I will never live in the same house with a thief , but I can tolerate a liar who give and takes bribes if I had to choose between the two.

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:55am On Jun 14, 2015
That is like saying because Jane is Not Angelina, Jane is not a woman

forexexpert:
Listen to this,

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 14, 2015
So, how do you punish a case of stealing and a case of corruption (if you can explain what corruption really means)

Is it not better to separate corruption into Bribery, Nepotism, Lying, Cheating and punish them with lesser sentences, while you punish stealing with the maximum sentence.

TheGoodJoe:
That does not stop stealing from being a corrupt Act.

3 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:57am On Jun 14, 2015
forexexpert:
So, how do you punish a case of stealing and a case of corruption (if you can explain what corruption really means)

Is it not better to separate corruption into Bribery, Nepotism, Lying, Cheating and punish them with lesser sentences, while you punish stealing with the maximum sentence.

They are all CORRUPTION. Stealing, Bribery, Cheating. They are seperated. These are different cases of Corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by MalcoImX: 2:02am On Jun 14, 2015
bettercreature:
Corruption is differ from stealing,you might be very corrupt without personal gain e.g adultry,while stealing simply mean taken anything that is not belong to you For your personal interest Or take another person's property without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
For that little time you had with somebody's wife, that to me is stealing the wife or something valuable belonging to the husband - for your personal interest, without permission and have initiated the process of appropriation.

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:06am On Jun 14, 2015
MalcoImX:
For that little time you had with somebody's wife, that to me is stealing the wife or something valuable belonging to the husband - for your personal interest, without permission and have initiated the process of appropriation.

This logic can be equated to every corrupt case which shows dishonesty to gain what is not deserved and shows someone steals from someone in every corrupt scenario.

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Ezemust: 2:20am On Jun 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

All Corrupt Cases brought to the Judge by EFCC involves Theft/Stealing (What GEJ Pointed from the judge.)

All Corrupt Cases involves a dishonest Act for Personal gain.
gej said to the judge:you brought me cases of theft not corruption.and then went further to national tv to state that stealing is not always corruption.pls i want to ask u a question.DO U BELEIVE THAT STEALING IS IN ANY FORM DIFFERENT FROM CORRUPTION?

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by MalcoImX: 2:21am On Jun 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

This logic can be equated to every corrupt case which shows dishonesty to gain what is not deserved and shows someone steals from someone in every corrupt scenario.
Hmmm, TheGoodJoe making sense while the Twisters twisting like Oliver Twist. You are on a high moral ground, you dey kampfe, and even the great philosopher Socrates is behind you: "No evil can happen to a good man, either in life or after death."

2 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 2:31am On Jun 14, 2015
Let me throw this back to you.

Which one would you forgive?

If I break into your house and steal your money at gun point

or

If I go behind your back and pay more money for a land you wanted to buy.

The first case is pure stealing (An offense against the law.), the second case is pure corruption + a lesser case of stealing that I can never be charged with because It was purely legal in this case.

Listen, The dictionary may include stealing as a meaning to define corruption, but corruption is a lot other things that will never harm Nigeria the way that Stealing and Embezzlement of public funds is currently harming this nation and until our Politicians stop hiding behind ambiguous and confusing terms like corruption, to steal us blind in this country, then this Nation will truly be on the part of greatness.

Also I can legally steal your position from you, just like PDP did to APC in both the Senate and House of Reps recently and did you hear of any one being charged to court for breaking any law of the land.
I can out bid you in an auction and in effect, steal your desired item, but you can't charge me to court because I did not break any laws.

Since lying is also corruption, I can lie to you and deceive you to miss a class test or job interview by telling you that it has been cancelled or postponed while I go behind you and take/steal your position legally.

So you see, the dictionary can define stealing as corruption, but corruption involves the types of stealing that can never ever be punishable by law.

The type of Stealing I'm talk about here is Embezzlement of public funds or burglary or Armed robbery and not soft kind of stealing due to lying and politics or manipulation.

To you, I say this, stop playing into the hands of these politicians by saying that stealing is exactly these thing as corruption. Corruption means a lot of things including stealing, but corruption is also a lot of other things, so lets call a spade a spade and not a farming implement.

TheGoodJoe:
Stop dribbling around the point.

Answer yes or no. Is Stealing A Corrupt Act?

2 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:31am On Jun 14, 2015
EFCC brought Corrupt Cases to the Judge, I think Judge Mustapha. He said these are Theft Cases. Which shows, the Cases EFCC considered Corruption were also theft.

You can not commit a financial crime without Theft. That is what the Judge was saying. He did not say the cases were not corruption cases.

I repeat, Corruption = Dishonest act for Personal gain.

Answer this question, Is stealing a dishonest act for Personal gain?

Ezemust:
gej said to the judge:you brought me cases of theft not corruption.and then went further to national tv to state that stealing is not always corruption.pls i want to ask u a question.DO U BELEIVE THAT STEALING IS IN ANY FORM DIFFERENT FROM CORRUPTION?

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:37am On Jun 14, 2015
forexexpert:

The first case is pure stealing (An offense against the law.), the second case is pure corruption + a lesser case of stealing than I can never be charged with because It was purely legal in this case.

Whether higher or lesser stealing, they are all corruption cases. Simple. Stealing, Bribery, robbery. You can not change stealing from being a dishonest act for personal gain.

If you like, write ten articles, the fact is, is stealing a corrupt act? Yes or no.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 2:41am On Jun 14, 2015
Look at it this way, if you were my relative, and I know you as an impulsive person who will get into trouble if I told you the truth about something, so I decided to lie to you (corruption) and as a result of this lie, I ended up saving your life. who gained from this corruption, me or you?

TheGoodJoe:
EFCC brought Corrupt Cases to the Judge, I think Judge Mustapha. He said this are Theft Cases. Which shows, the Cases EFCC considered Corruption where also theft.

You can not commit a financial crime without Theft. That is what the Judge was saying. He did not say the cases were not corruption cases.

I repeat, Corruption = Dishonest act for Personal gain.

Answer this question, Is stealing a dishonest act for Personal gain?

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:46am On Jun 14, 2015
forexexpert:
Look at it this way, if you were my relative, and I know you as an impulsive person who will get into trouble if I told you the truth about something, so I decided to lie to you (corruption) and as a result of this lie, I ended up saving your life. who gained from this corruption, me or you?

And tomorrow, when you are not there, no one will lie to him and he will hurt another. Let him make the mistake and face the wrath of the law. You will save more lives then than saving him today to do worse tomorrow.

By the way, you lied to save yourself of the heartache of watching a love one in trouble. It is corruption because it is a dishonest act for personal gain.

Please, Answer, is stealing a dishonest act for Personal gain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Residents Destroy Buhari, Masari Billboards In Katsina, Protest Insecurity / Naf Establishes New Base In Gombe, As Governor Yahaya Lauds Efforts Of Cas / Tech Hubs: Anambra Senator Nwoye Vs Lagos Senator Abiru (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.