Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. (25563 Views)

‘Nigeria Moving Away From Corruption To Production’ – Rotimi Amaechi / Stealing Is Not Corruption - Ekpo Nta, ICPC Boss / The Iweala Who Worked For Me Is Different From The Iweala Who Worked For GEJ-OBJ (2) (3) (4)

Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
Proof from our criminal code Act that stealing is different from corruption.

Stealing;

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
Corruption

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by INTROVERT(f): 11:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
This should have been brought up a long time ago.

It dosent matter anymore. If you steal or are corrupt then you are in for it.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
Maximum jail term for corruption is 2 years while that for stealing is 7 years.

Therefore, a thief should be treated as a thief , Ole, Barawo, Onye ohi, ino......

16 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by successmart(m): 11:07pm On Jun 13, 2015
But the clueless time is over o. In 9ja stealing is corruption and vice versa.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
successmart:
But the clueless time is over o. In 9ja stealing is corruption and vice versa.

Says the certificateless Daura President.

153 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by undisputed25(m): 11:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
VP of the day
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by bettercreature(m): 11:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
Corruption is differ from stealing,you might be very corrupt without personal gain e.g adultry,while stealing simply mean taken anything that is not belong to you For your personal interest Or take another person's property without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by shadelek(m): 12:03am On Jun 14, 2015
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by psychologist(m): 12:03am On Jun 14, 2015
#baba
Pupils dey vex oo
It's 13 days now
Where is the free meals

49 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by freethinker01: 12:03am On Jun 14, 2015
K
Sunnybobo3:

I knew u were dumb buh never knew u are dumber than I tought u are. U're an epitome of idiocy and stupidity.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by echelons(m): 12:03am On Jun 14, 2015
Who still talks about stealing not corruption here..
Please let the issue rest.

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by tola9ja: 12:04am On Jun 14, 2015
The President is so dumb by that statement of Goat (corrupt officials/pdp) and Yam (National Treasury). He's said if you don't want Goat to eat

the yam, you pack the yams away from the goat... what! How about leave the yam and the goat while you are close by holding a stick

(EFCC/ICPC), with a stern look in your face, would the goat approach the yam? Goat being a sturbon animal like every pdp criminal will

definately try to make attempt but when you hit d goat or corrupt official with the stick (EFCC/ICPC) gbam! The goat won't come near again

and other goat/pdp criminal will learn from the punishment.

We have a President that's so dull and evil. Why worrying yourself packing truck loads of yam away because of some few Goats (Fayose,

Fani-kayode, Daizine, Ngozi, Clark, Koro, Ihejirika, Maina, Moro) etc

What a silly analogy! This President is NOT in anyway inspiring

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 14, 2015
*sighs
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 12:04am On Jun 14, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

And you that have certificate, what have you used it for? rather than to come on faceless forum to rant.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 12:04am On Jun 14, 2015
Thanks for the clarification OP. At least now I know that;

1. Kamoru my houseboy that bought only 30 litres instead of 50 litres I gave him money for is not a thief but a corrupt houseboy.

2. Ekaette my secretary that has been sleeping with my accountant and my personal assistant is not a corrupt person but a thief. How dare her cheat on me after cajoling me to withdraw all the remaining money in my bank account just for her? angry

Kamoru must be jailed for 7 years and Ekaette for...........64.7 years with hard labour angry

26 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by bunmititi(f): 12:05am On Jun 14, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

with people like successsmart,
nigeria is in for tough times.

no abstract thinking ability.
no semantic vs pragmatic "listening"

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by folabayo1(f): 12:05am On Jun 14, 2015
Wether stealing o or corruption thief na thief in as much as it has to do wit embezzling public funds undecided

And to those of u calling my presido Dullard pls bring ur fathers forward!

16 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by ShineuEye: 12:05am On Jun 14, 2015
Of cause it is, they are too different things but the APC politicised what Jonathan meant.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by philip0906(m): 12:06am On Jun 14, 2015
echelons:
Who still talks about stealing not corruption here..
Please let the issue rest.

My brother, I tire. Matter wey don turn past tense, still dey give some pepo headache!

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Dyoungstar: 12:06am On Jun 14, 2015
Why now?

Well...

I am for nobody, I am for everybody.

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by folabayo1(f): 12:06am On Jun 14, 2015
Call him Daura President!
Call him Certificateless!
Call him anything but u can't change the fact that he's my president ,ur president and our president tongue

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Dollyak(f): 12:07am On Jun 14, 2015
It's all academic, but the long term damage of both are as bad as each other.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Emereolevanwill(m): 12:07am On Jun 14, 2015
K. Wen una sleep bobo make me up.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Mopolchi: 12:07am On Jun 14, 2015
Sunnybobo3, I smell GEJ. You be im brother?

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by piagetskinner(m): 12:07am On Jun 14, 2015
Whether it is different or not,u steal, the wrath of the law will catch up with u#Efcc is now awake to deal with anyone who partakes in looting spree.

The era of CLuelessNess is over
«<Sai Baba

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 14, 2015
He was right all along. cry Yet they called him clueless sad

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by obailala(m): 12:09am On Jun 14, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
Proof from our criminal code Act that stealing is different from corruption.

Stealing;
C'mon.. you mean someone seriously went into research to come up with this?... Even a kiddies dictionary explains the difference clearly.

The real problem with the 'Stealing is not Corruption' saga was the manner and underlying motive behind which GEJ made the statement. GEJ blurted out the statement in an embarrassingly frantic effort to downplay the magnetude of corruption in Nigeria.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Oildichotomy(m): 12:10am On Jun 14, 2015
There is absolutely no need explaining to brainwashed peeps who their lives revolves around their hutty enclaves.

Those who had discerning brains knew what MY HERO meant at the time BUT the media or more preferable the gullible goons twisted their cerebrum to believe the bad belle of those who know no better.

We are in for a rout. All these Daura Boohoo movement without direction.

26 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by dadydee(m): 12:11am On Jun 14, 2015
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by mekadinho(f): 12:11am On Jun 14, 2015
STILL GOING THROUGH PMB/APC MANIFESTO, WAITING ANXIOUSLY FOR D DAY D MAN LL START WORKING, I CAN'T WAIT TO TRAVEL TO VEGAS AGAIN TO FLEX DOS SWEET BABES I SAW THERE LAST YR, BUT DAT LL B WHEN OUR MESSIAH N HIS APOSTLES LL MK N1 EQUALS $1.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Akeredolu To Build Road Linking Ondo To Lagos / Malaysian Firm Battles FG Over Multi Billion Naira Passport Printing Contract / Tinubu, Gov Masari In Closed-Door Meeting With Buhari