Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. (25599 Views)

‘Nigeria Moving Away From Corruption To Production’ – Rotimi Amaechi / Stealing Is Not Corruption - Ekpo Nta, ICPC Boss / The Iweala Who Worked For Me Is Different From The Iweala Who Worked For GEJ-OBJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Realtol(m): 7:08am On Jun 14, 2015
Stealing is a fraction of corruption - corruption encompasses stealing, bribery, nepotism, hooliganism, thugery, political killing, assassination and all evils that you can think of. I don't believe we can separate one from the other.

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Realtol(m): 7:08am On Jun 14, 2015
Stealing is a fraction of corruption - corruption encompasses stealing, bribery, nepotism, hooliganism, thugery, political killing, assassination and all evils that you can think of. I don't believe we can separate one from the other

2 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by bola4dprec(m): 7:23am On Jun 14, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Says the certificateless Daura President.
says the clueless GEJ you forgot so soon ? Anyway we forgive you because we belong to everybody
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by neocortex: 7:34am On Jun 14, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

The homo-sapian call Sunnybobo if full of hatred, even you too is not excluded.

Am partisan. You and I knows that the certificate issue was politics.

Where were you when NTA says Buhari has certificate immediately he was declared winner?
Don't tell me they ar afraid of shake-up?

You talk about illegality and corruption. Do u live in this con3? If u do, where were u wen corruption strive to d highest order under the immediate past administration? Do I need to gave u example? No!

U ar not been sincere to ur self.

Talking about going to school. Me that type this never went to school.

Do u know that Alex Graham Bell, the inventor of Telephone did not hv certificate before he invent it?

Me that didn't hv certificate, am on a practical mission. Am extracting anacardic acid from cashew.

If u like keep hating Buhari, weather u like it or not, he will adore ur TV, u will hear about him on ur radio set, u will read about him on newspaper, on blogs and hear on Nairaland.

When did NTA become a certificate awarding institution ?
You and I know that governm sent agencies always dance to the tune of the ruling administration.
They said that just to save their head from the vindictive old man , the same thing goes for the army.
Till date nobody has seen the imaginary cert.

Babaonechance is the only man I know of whose evidence of having a school cert lies solely on newspaper headlines.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by sweetgala(m): 7:47am On Jun 14, 2015
bettercreature:
Corruption is differ from stealing,you might be very corrupt without personal gain e.g adultry,while stealing simply mean taken anything that is not belong to you For your personal interest Or take another person's property without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

No no no, pleae do not twist this, what has just been uncovered are the areas of our legal system as tactically composed by the dirty military regime ,

It specifically notes that if I were to steal an item worth >1000 naira I am immediately liable to imprisonment of up to 7 years, however if I were to be employed in the public sector and I participated in fraudulent activity for personal gain for which the loss to state is not defined and therefore can be interpreted as infinite the maximum incarceration that can be prescribed by a judge is 2 years.

These are the sections of our constitution and penal code which must be corrected immediately , I think it is high time Nigerian citizens make more demands we now have a president who is determined to listen
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by IbnuUche(m): 7:49am On Jun 14, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

And you that have certificate, what have you used it for? rather than to come on faceless forum to rant.

And he can never achieve what the certificateless as he claimed in life, stupid dumpard.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by sweetgala(m): 7:52am On Jun 14, 2015
Realtol:
Stealing is a fraction of corruption - corruption encompasses stealing, bribery, nepotism, hooliganism, thugery, political killing, assassination and all evils that you can think of. I don't believe we can separate one from the other

Exactly silly people who do not understand English would keep shouting stealing is not corruption, according to our constitution yes, but you know the way Nigeria his everything is always assways.

Stealing is the element of corruption that involves coveting what is not yours. That is how the bible states it in several places.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by sweetgala(m): 7:55am On Jun 14, 2015
bunmititi:

with people like successsmart,
nigeria is in for tough times.

no abstract thinking ability.
no semantic vs pragmatic "listening"

In the words of the Nigerian " no common sense"
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by 9jatatafo(m): 7:56am On Jun 14, 2015
Provided there is punishment for the one that steals (thief) and the one that carried out corruption.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by porka: 7:57am On Jun 14, 2015
[size=13pt]That Katsina school principal that issued the fake WASC to the Daura President must be arrested and prosecuted.[/size]
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Realtol(m): 7:59am On Jun 14, 2015
sweetgala:

Exactly silly people who do not understand English would keep shouting stealing is not corruption, according to our constitution yes, but you know the way Nigeria his everything is always assways.

Stealing is the element of corruption that involves coveting what is not yours. That is how the bible states it in several places.
They are only looking at it from Nigerian legal perspective which is different from other countries' and not with moral view which suppose to form the basis of our laws and orders.

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 14, 2015
This criminal code act can never and will never re-write life and character as seen and known universally. When they want to downplay offenses they concoct some legal jargon so as to protect their thieving and corrupt selves.

Now let me speak in a broader sense, Stealing only emanates from a corrupted personality and can never be separated one from the other. When you downplay corruption as a lesser offense than stealing when obviously there can be no stealing without corruption is not justifiable. This is one of the reasons why other countries make mockery of us as a nation. So a corrupt politician who deprives the people of their economic benefits and keeps it all to himself gets a minor sentence even when some of these people either die from starvation or stress or high blood pressure while a thief gets to die by hanging? Both the Criminal code and GEJ are in the same category......Clueless and Moronic

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by sweetgala(m): 8:03am On Jun 14, 2015
ShineuEye:
Of cause it is, they are too different things but the APC politicised what Jonathan meant.

They are very much same, your mind needs to be corrupted for you to internationally take for personal gain what is not yours - stealing , fraud

What the prosecution would have to prove in court is the intent and with that the defendant must held liable. Another aspect is having knowledge of an activity and it's consequences and deciding not to attempt to stop it or report it to correct authorities.

Code of professional ethics frowns on this concept you have put up
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by sweetgala(m): 8:07am On Jun 14, 2015
piagetskinner:
Whether it is different or not,u steal, the wrath of the law will catch up with u#Efcc is now awake to deal with anyone who partakes in looting spree.

The era of CLuelessNess is over
«<Sai Baba

You need to understand this section of our criminal code needs to be changed, because in a situation where EFCC find a public servant guilty of corruption the maximum jaik time he can get is 2 years
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Najatu: 8:10am On Jun 14, 2015
Stealing is a product of corruption therefore uproot all the e sources of devilish acts to pave way for development.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by sweetgala(m): 8:11am On Jun 14, 2015
vimi:
He was right all along. cry Yet they called him clueless sad

The constitution was wrong and in his stupidity he did not see any moral obligation to correct the error , but kept on furthering that decrepit error, furthering its reach by confidently giving stupid analogies in public discuss on public TV .

Imagine if the Chinese PM tried that, he'll be hungvthe next day
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Kenobus: 8:15am On Jun 14, 2015
We have said this before that GEJ was right. Stealing is different from corruption. Let those who don't know, know now
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by irishMO123(m): 8:17am On Jun 14, 2015
bettercreature:
Corruption is differ from stealing,you might be very corrupt without personal gain e.g adultry,while stealing simply mean taken anything that is not belong to you For your personal interest Or take another person's property without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

mad man don't prove to be right....
let me define nd compare the two variable for u....

corruption: dishonest or illegal behavior especially by powerful people

stealing: to take (something that does not belong to you) in a way that is wrong or illegal

corruption can simply be said to be a compound adjective for illegal acts...all sort of illegal and dishonest doings is embedded in corruption..

stealing is tantamount to corruption

u need no babalawo or prophet tb Joshua to tell u that....

or we can say everybody hates corruption buh practices it....for better understanding,u can perform a simple practical by going to the market and steal a cube of Maggi nd see what happens...buh pls dnt forget to go with ur jotter nd biro in one hand to record ur experience and at the same time make ambulance dey follow u for back ....

God bless MO
God bless pmb
God bless nairalanders but not all
God bless nigeria
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Fash20: 8:24am On Jun 14, 2015
bettercreature:
Corruption is the abuse of
bestowed power or position to acquire a
personal benefit. Corruption may include many
activities including bribery and embezzlement.
Government, or 'political', corruption occurs
when an office-holder or other governmental
employee acts in an official capacity for personal
gain.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Harkindeylee(m): 8:25am On Jun 14, 2015
K
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by piagetskinner(m): 8:25am On Jun 14, 2015
light004:

Blind following is even worse than being clueless. The words in law are not treated in like manner and that you tell you that they are different.

Apc has successful fooled Nigeria and I hope our case will not be similar to that of Osun state. So unfortunate, we have so many educated illiterate.
Apc has just been in office 4 merely 15 days. cut them some slack.during the tenure of ur dearly beloved Gej, Efcc was inexistent, or would I say in comatose.. Ure going to be ruled 4 the next 4years, live with it! I'm not an apologist to any party#i hope ur last statement wasn't referring to me, if not the thunder wey go fire u just dey do push up
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 14, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Says the certificateless Daura President.
you are the one who hv not woken up from the slumberness and doldrum of your jonadunce and clueless master. Receive brain to think normal In Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:34am On Jun 14, 2015
neocortex:

When did NTA become a certificate awarding institution ?
You and I know that governm sent agencies always dance to the tune of the ruling administration.
They said that just to save their head from the vindictive old man , the same thing goes for the army.
Till date nobody has seen the imaginary cert.

Babaonechance is the only man I know of whose evidence of having a school cert lies solely on newspaper headlines.

U can keep on deluding ur self.

As I hv said earlier, I never went to school nor do I hv certificate, but I hv pass knowledge to people tru my practicals.

I believe in practical.
We hv many people wo hv certificate, yet they ar not better than those wo didn't hv.

I doubt if u ar science/science student, if u do then, u will undastad Watin am talking about. Go to laboratories be it biology, chemistry or physics, u will c people wo don't hv certificate inventing different things.

Ok, now since u ar clamoring about certificate, some of our army wo don't hv but ar in d war front battling wit Boko haram should b told to withdraw because they don't hv certificate.

The certificate of a ' thing ' is ceremonial.

Bill Gate never hv certificate wen he invent Micro soft word, same as Mark Zugaberg.

Ar u not using their products? Refuse to use it because they don't hv certificate.

U that hv 1, what hv u invented ?
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 14, 2015
porka:
[size=13pt]That Katsina school principal that issued the fake WASC to the Daura President must be arrested and prosecuted.[/size]
for your mind. If I may ask on what ground?. Wait and see all of you who are bend on perpetrating evil. Nemesis will catch on you all. We are praying.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Ezemust: 8:42am On Jun 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
EFCC brought Corrupt Cases to the Judge, I think Judge Mustapha. He said these are Theft Cases. Which shows, the Cases EFCC considered Corruption were also theft.

You can not commit a financial crime without Theft. That is what the Judge was saying. He did not say the cases were not corruption cases.

I repeat, Corruption = Dishonest act for Personal gain.

Answer this question, Is stealing a dishonest act for Personal gain?

all i wanted was yes or no.but i never got that.stealing ofcourse is a dishonest act.no one is agueing that.but SUN and SON might sound alike but always different thing.mr another question.A WOMAN WHO FORCE HER UNDERAGE DAUGHTER INTO PROSTITUTION.IS THAT WOMAN TO BE CALLED A THIEF OR CORRUPT?
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by micrep3030(m): 9:04am On Jun 14, 2015
By the time we will realize what we lost that we will realize who gej is
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:04am On Jun 14, 2015
glink2015:
you are the one who hv not woken up from the slumberness and doldrum of your jonadunce and clueless master. Receive brain to think normal In Jesus name. Amen.

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 14, 2015
Ezemust:
all i wanted was yes or no.but i never got that.stealing ofcourse is a dishonest act.no one is agueing that.but SUN and SON might sound alike but always different thing.mr another question.A WOMAN WHO FORCE HER UNDERAGE DAUGHTER INTO PROSTITUTION.IS THAT WOMAN TO BE CALLED A THIEF OR CORRUPT?

Ezemust abi na Ezedust You seem confused. Corruption is an all encompassing word of which stealing is a derivative. Stealing is a product of corruption and can never be severed from it. I am sure you probably stole as a kid as did many and even you at that time knew it was a vice which was why you tried not to get caught. Well corruption is also a vice and it breeds Stealing, covetousness, fraud, bribery, abuse, molestation, lies and the like.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by AhmadMind: 9:11am On Jun 14, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
Corruption

Corruption is DERAILING National House Assembly Elections through "behind the scene" PHONE CALLS TO THE CLERK .

Enough said.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 14, 2015
What many Pro GEJ people here do not understand is that you cannot begin to pamper what is wrong because a man said so. We owe a duty to a greater being who is God Almighty to see this whole issue through his eyes and not whatever GEJ or a criminal code postulated. If you are corrupt you are a thief and a liar and if you are a thief you are also a liar because both go hand in hand. You all need to quit trying to justify an obviously deliberate attempt by our politicians to protect their corrupt and thieving selves via what is found in the Criminal code.

They sponsored and passed the Criminal code bill and it is simply for their own selfish gain. PERIOD!
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by VcStunner(m): 9:45am On Jun 14, 2015
tola9ja:
The President is so dumb by that statement of Goat (corrupt officials/pdp) and Yam (National Treasury). He's said if you don't want Goat to eat

the yam, you pack the yams away from the goat... what! How about leave the yam and the goat while you are close by holding a stick

(EFCC/ICPC), with a stern look in your face, would the goat approach the yam? Goat being a sturbon animal like every pdp criminal will

definately try to make attempt but when you hit d goat or corrupt official with the stick (EFCC/ICPC) gbam! The goat won't come near again

and other goat/pdp criminal will learn from the punishment.

We have a President that's so dull and evil. Why worrying yourself packing truck loads of yam away because of some few Goats (Fayose,

Fani-kayode, Daizine, Ngozi, Clark, Koro, Ihejirika, Maina, Moro) etc

What a silly analogy! This President is NOT in anyway inspiring
I hope this ur comment made sense to you. Why would u be so crude with ur methods. So u just stay ther and continue flogging the goat, when u can put the yam out of its reach and go do something else? A̶̲̥̅♏ just amazed hw hate can kill our rational reasoning, pls don't ever let it rule ur thinking. It doesn't make u sound smart and u knw u are smart
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 14, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.
and I told your father to use condom , If he knew this is what u will turn to , he could hv heeded to my advice. Slowpoke - like master like serf. We r praying earnestly for Your linage.
WE r saying is change from all kind of mascurading administration. And we hv seen it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Sponsored Hash Tag #notoursenatepresident Goes South. / Ali Modu Sheriff Attends APC Stakeholders Meeting After Decamping From Pdp(pics) / States Paying Ex-govs Jumbo Pensions Top Domestic, Foreign Debtors’ List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.