Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,160 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. (25588 Views)

‘Nigeria Moving Away From Corruption To Production’ – Rotimi Amaechi / Stealing Is Not Corruption - Ekpo Nta, ICPC Boss / The Iweala Who Worked For Me Is Different From The Iweala Who Worked For GEJ-OBJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 2:58am On Jun 14, 2015
Your argument is like saying that one shoe size fits all.

Next you will ask me if corruption is a Sin.

Of course Stealing is for personal gain, lying is for personal and group gain, bribery is for personal or group gain etc.

Stealing is Black Corruption is Grey.

Are you calling APC thieves for using under aged Almajiris in the whole North to vote in the last election.

Are calling Obama a Thief for pretending that he didn't know that ISIS were getting stronger until they started beheading Americans.

Are you calling Blatter a thief for collecting bribes.

Are you calling PDP thieves for Rigging in Rivers State

All these examples are cases of corruption, and something was stolen, but no money was directly stolen in the above cases.

Stealing and Corruption may be similar and also for gains be it personal or group gains but they are not exactly the same and their impact on the society are different.

When you steal monies given to you, you destroy everything, but when you steal a position, you can still do some good.

TheGoodJoe:

And tomorrow, when you are not there, no one will lie to him and he will hurt another. Let him make the mistake and face the wrath of the law. You will save more lives then that saving him today to do worse tomorrow.

By the way, you lied to save yourself of the heartache of watching a love one in trouble. It is corruption because it is a dishonest act for personal gain.

Please, Answer, is stealing a dishonest act for Personal gain.

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Positiveminds(m): 3:05am On Jun 14, 2015
For the Daura man kwaruption = stealing as West Germany = Germany .

2 Likes

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 14, 2015
Menn...

I don even taya for this stealing and corruption thing sef..

Make I go sleep joor...

Buhari oya ova to you.

Oya begin fight the corruption abi stealing
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 3:13am On Jun 14, 2015
Menn You're a correct guy

menesheh:

Man you get it wrong

Hit the goat and sooner or later it will still come for the yam.

Buhari had hit the goat since 1983 and the goat still come back for the yam which we are witnessing today.
How we wish Buhari removed the yam from the goat instead of chasing and hitting the goat which will definitely come back, we wouldn't have had many goats laying its deadly sting on the yam today as we are witnessing it
grin
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:30am On Jun 14, 2015
I do not understand your argument again. If you believe Stealing is a dishonest act for Personal gain, then it is corruption. Just as every other corrupt act is corruption.

Because different women bare different names, that does not stop them from being women.

forexexpert:

Of course Stealing is for personal gain, lying is for personal and group gain, bribery is for personal or group gain etc.

Are you calling APC thieves for using under aged Almajiris in the whole North to vote in the last election.

Are calling Obama a Thief for pretending that he didn't know that ISIS were getting stronger until they started beheading Americans.

All these examples are cases of corruption, and something was stolen, but no money was directly stolen in the above cases.

Stealing and Corruption may be similar and also for gains be it personal or group gains but they are not exactly the same and their impact on the society are different.

When you steal monies given to you, you destroy everything, but when you steal a position, you can still do some good.

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by light004: 3:32am On Jun 14, 2015
piagetskinner:
Whether it is different or not,u steal, the wrath of the law will catch up with u#Efcc is now awake to deal with anyone who partakes in looting spree.

The era of CLuelessNess is over
«<Sai Baba

Blind following is even worse than being clueless. The words in law are not treated in like manner and that you tell you that they are different.

Apc has successful fooled Nigeria and I hope our case will not be similar to that of Osun state. So unfortunate, we have so many educated illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:32am On Jun 14, 2015
So you have not head of people stealing to do some good. Na Wa for you.

forexexpert:

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:33am On Jun 14, 2015
light004:

Blind following is even worse than being clueless. The words in law are not treated in like manner and that you tell you that they are different.

Apc has successful fooled Nigeria and I hope our case will not be similar to that of Osun state. So unfortunate, we have so many educated illiterate.

This has nothing to do with APC. Stealing is a corrupt act. It is a dishonest act for personal gain. GEJ saying opposite was wrong.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by light004: 3:40am On Jun 14, 2015
Stealing and corruption can never be the same. Stealing is taking possession of valuable item/s that one doesn't have legal right to while corruption simply mean abuse of power which can be in different forms but the essence is in the abuse of authority. Are these term the same? Obviously not, stealing is a particular act that involves the dispossession of another of his right to his property/ies while corruption involve the use of legitimate authority to gain personal advantage. I beg let educate ourselves and free our mind of the shackles of chains holding us down and think like free people.

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by light004: 3:57am On Jun 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

This has nothing to do with APC. Stealing is a corrupt act. It is a dishonest act for personal gain. GEJ saying opposite was wrong.

Stealing in law is not a corrupt act. For any act to be corrupt, the doer must have a legal authority that he/she abused for personal favour while stealing is totally different. Stealing involves the illegitimate dispossession of someone else property but the doer in this case doesn't have any legal authority. Where there is a legal authority in the case of govt officials then the case move from stealing to a corrupt act. There is a thin line but the different is in the one possessing legal authority and also corruption can take many forms including dispossession of a third party property, ghost workers, abuse of recruitment process, contract inflation, bribing a police officer, etc.

Don't get them confused as one. When one with authority uses the power conferred on them to steal money then that action is a corrupt act but when one without authority steal money then that act is stealing. For example, a bank manager steals money from his branch that is corruption while a bank robber is a thief and will be charge for stealing. I think this clarifies. Please, this is the legal position which is the reality.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Eluwilussit(m): 4:03am On Jun 14, 2015
tola9ja:
The President is so dumb by that statement of Goat (corrupt officials/pdp) and Yam (National Treasury). He's said if you don't want Goat to eat

the yam, you pack the yams away from the goat... what! How about leave the yam and the goat while you are close by holding a stick

(EFCC/ICPC), with a stern look in your face, would the goat approach the yam? Goat being a sturbon animal like every pdp criminal will

definately try to make attempt but when you hit d goat or corrupt official with the stick (EFCC/ICPC) gbam! The goat won't come near again

and other goat/pdp criminal will learn from the punishment.

We have a President that's so dull and evil. Why worrying yourself packing truck loads of yam away because of some few Goats (Fayose,

Fani-kayode, Daizine, Ngozi, Clark, Koro, Ihejirika, Maina, Moro) etc

What a silly analogy! This President is NOT in anyway inspiring

Sorry but you are the dull one here. I don't know how old you are or how enlightened you are but if you don't know that it costs more to pay the man watching the yam and the goat, for God-knows-how-long, than to separate the goat from the yam, then you have no right to call gej clueless.

He may not have articulated his message well, but it makes a lot of sense to close up all the loopholes and avenues through which money is wasted or stollen, than to fight it in court. Gej was simply saying that it is too easy for people to get their sticky fingers on our treasury. We need to practice a 'cashless' type of government. Cut off a lot of middlemen. Deal directly with the grassroots.

When and where this works, transactions are easily traceable, leading to probity and accountability. Our system is what needs overhauling. You don't need efcc or icpc when u have the police. Our system itself, breeds and supports corruption. If the system doesn't change, nothing is gonna eradicate corruption. Not even PMB, with all his strong head.

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 14, 2015
Which naija network supply u 4G?
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by equily(m): 5:27am On Jun 14, 2015
bettercreature:
Corruption is differ from stealing,you might be very corrupt without personal gain e.g adultry,while stealing simply mean taken anything that is not belong to you For your personal interest Or take another person's property without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
does d woman's current belongs to u?
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by neocortex: 5:32am On Jun 14, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

And you that have certificate, what have you used it for? rather than to come on faceless forum to rant.

There is a reason why it is called a certificate , only those who have it knows its worth.
You can continue to defend illegality and corruption all your life but Babaonechance dare not openly remove the cert requirements from our constitution.
It is good that you hope that will happen but if wishes were horses beggars will ride.

In case you don't know , education helps to build a nation and let your children be part of it . Don't keep them at home.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Cornel88(m): 5:37am On Jun 14, 2015
My opinion: Corruption may be different from stealing, but stealing is still corruption. Further, stealing is corruption, but corruption may not necessarily mean stealing.

Corruption is a general name for abuse of due process, no matter how immaterial the act is.

It is an umbrella that covers many wrong act such as rape, bribery, looting, denial of right, child abuse, STEALING, etc.

For example, if you want a jean trousers, what you do is to earn money, not the wrong way, go to the market and buy (due process). But some corrupt people will rather look around to see how they can steal another persons own (abuse of due process). Hence stealing is corruption.

Again, if you want to pass your exams, prepare yourself by studying, and sit for the exam (due process). But some persons would rather bribe their way to exam success (abuse of due process); a corrupt act, but not stealing.

Once again, my opinion.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by discusant: 5:39am On Jun 14, 2015
But there has never never never been any time stealing is the same thing as corruption. Stealing has always been different from corruption - till today. The English who have both words will even tell you that stealing is different from corruption.

The Yaribawa and the media it controls used "stealing is corruption" as one of the falsehood campaigns to send the Ijaw president with some of his Igbo and other Ijaw cabinet members away from Aso Rock for another Alimi master of Yaribawa to take over.

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by daddynasa: 6:06am On Jun 14, 2015
fundamentally, logically, analytically..NOT ALL cases of corruption are theft, BUT all theft cases are corrupt cases. we can therefore conclude that stealing is a SUBSET of CORRUPTION. daddynasa(BSc, MSC, PHd)

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by uprightman(m): 6:09am On Jun 14, 2015
tola9ja:
The President is so dumb by that statement of Goat (corrupt officials/pdp) and Yam (National Treasury). He's said if you don't want Goat to eat

the yam, you pack the yams away from the goat... what! How about leave the yam and the goat while you are close by holding a stick

(EFCC/ICPC), with a stern look in your face, would the goat approach the yam? Goat being a sturbon animal like every pdp criminal will

definately try to make attempt but when you hit d goat or corrupt official with the stick (EFCC/ICPC) gbam! The goat won't come near again

We have a President that's so dull and evil. Why worrying yourself packing truck loads of yam away because of some few Goats (Fayose,

From your list above you show is only Southerners are corrupt.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by reuben79: 6:27am On Jun 14, 2015
The corruption is nt a stealling president as gone to religation and dey are party as buried.let join hands together and move dis country forward.@#!# gov obiano is my man, fashola is my guy, obj Is my menton, Tinubu is role model.I respect political tinubulism
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:33am On Jun 14, 2015
neocortex:

There is a reason why it is called a certificate , only those who have it knows its worth.
You can continue to defend illegality and corruption all your life but Babaonechance dare not openly remove the cert requirements from our constitution.
It is good that you hope that will happen but if wishes were horses beggars will ride.

In case you don't know , education helps to build a nation and let your children be part of it . Don't keep them at home.

The homo-sapian call Sunnybobo if full of hatred, even you too is not excluded.

Am partisan. You and I knows that the certificate issue was politics.

Where were you when NTA says Buhari has certificate immediately he was declared winner?
Don't tell me they ar afraid of shake-up?

You talk about illegality and corruption. Do u live in this con3? If u do, where were u wen corruption strive to d highest order under the immediate past administration? Do I need to gave u example? No!

U ar not been sincere to ur self.

Talking about going to school. Me that type this never went to school.

Do u know that Alex Graham Bell, the inventor of Telephone did not hv certificate before he invent it?

Me that didn't hv certificate, am on a practical mission. Am extracting anacardic acid from cashew.

If u like keep hating Buhari, weather u like it or not, he will adore ur TV, u will hear about him on ur radio set, u will read about him on newspaper, on blogs and hear on Nairaland.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by strongerthaneva(m): 6:35am On Jun 14, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Says the certificateless Daura President.
dis must be from criminal code of the clueless and senseless zoo merchants....Why is this code not working in Asia countries and other advance countries.Is only in nigeria that the clueless chimpanzees will bring their own code of conduct..But as for me and my household we following the real code of conduct of corruption adopted by the world not by pdpoon...Useless fellow pipu..Thunderfolire una and una yeye code..No mata wat and ways una won come APC shall continue to prevail...PDP sinked ship already..
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by fapcrook(m): 6:37am On Jun 14, 2015
mekadinho:
STILL GOING THROUGH PMB/APC MANIFESTO, WAITING ANXIOUSLY FOR D DAY D MAN LL START WORKING, I CAN'T WAIT TO TRAVEL TO VEGAS AGAIN TO FLEX DOS SWEET BABES I SAW THERE LAST YR, BUT DAT LL B WHEN OUR MESSIAH N HIS APOSTLES LL MK N1 EQUALS $1.
so the last time you travelled to Vegas, N1 was equal to 1dollar abi? Dey "yeye" yourself
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by ibietela2(m): 6:38am On Jun 14, 2015
tola9ja:

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by ibietela2(m): 6:39am On Jun 14, 2015
folabayo1:
Wether stealing o or corruption thief na thief in as much as it has to do wit embezzling public funds undecided

And to those of u calling my presido Dullard pls bring ur fathers forward!

You that called Gej Clueless bring your family forward
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by blackpriest0911: 6:40am On Jun 14, 2015
U that have certificate, what is your use to naija? Mtchewww..saTANoids
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by hamzyluv(m): 6:43am On Jun 14, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
Proof from our criminal code Act that stealing is different from corruption.

Stealing;
my brother .. using English direct meaning we all knows that stealing is different from corruption. but I will like u to interpret it in ur own mother tongue the meaning . as an African man we be ... the 2 variables means " OLE, BARAWO , GBEWIRI, etc.) ... the purpose of this act is just to differentiate the kinds of punishment to be showered on the offender. just as if when u are using Dictionary or English language to explain Fuel Subsidy to me, I will ask u to explain it for me in ur mother tongue ...
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by ibietela2(m): 6:46am On Jun 14, 2015
kalindaminda:

I was just going to say this. The Clueless One didn't say "stealing is not corruption"

He said

ORDINARY STEALING, THEY CALL IT CORRUPTION

OP, go ahead and defend that.

You see now? Tomorrow this idiotic imbe.cile will open thread and Warn us not to return the favor like CramJones
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by buskie13(m): 6:47am On Jun 14, 2015
folabayo1:
Call him Daura President!
Call him Certificateless!
Call him anything but u can't change the fact that he's my president ,ur president and our president tongue
yoloba slave
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by hamzyluv(m): 6:50am On Jun 14, 2015
discusant:
But there has never never never been any time stealing is the same thing as corruption. Stealing has always been different from corruption - till today. The English who have both words will even tell you that stealing is different from corruption.

The Yaribawa and the media it controls used "stealing is corruption" as one of the falsehood campaigns to send the Ijaw president with some of his Igbo and other Ijaw cabinet members away from Aso Rock for another Alimi master of Yaribawa to take over.
sir, without typing ur letters in English , can u pls use ur own mother tongue the explain the different? ... we are in Africa nor Oyinbo
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Caseless: 6:55am On Jun 14, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Says the certificateless Daura President.
you wish your irresponsible father was like him.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Thespecialone(m): 7:02am On Jun 14, 2015
Semantics
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by fyna: 7:06am On Jun 14, 2015
The problem in Nigeria is that we have so many indiscipline educated illiterates.

God bless Nigeria.
God bless PMB.
God bless My family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obiano Apologizes To Peter Obi, As They Reconcile (photos) / Buhari Campaigner Undergoes Spinal Surgery Over Injuries Sustained In 2015 / Naf Establishes New Base In Gombe, As Governor Yahaya Lauds Efforts Of Cas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.