Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,113 members, 7,835,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. (25593 Views)

‘Nigeria Moving Away From Corruption To Production’ – Rotimi Amaechi / Stealing Is Not Corruption - Ekpo Nta, ICPC Boss / The Iweala Who Worked For Me Is Different From The Iweala Who Worked For GEJ-OBJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by wirinet(m): 9:46am On Jun 14, 2015
The problem with the criminal code is that its laws are discriminatory. It makes one law for the rich and another law for the poor. The legal disparity between corruption and stealing is only enforcing such social discrimination.

Stealing only affects the poor as only a poor person would steal items from N10 and above (up till the value of a car), but corruption can only affect the rich and powerful ( stealing or embezzling billions of Naira or even dollars).

Stealing of N1,000 can attract a 7 year sentence and embezzling $1billion attracts a maximum 2 year sentence (with the option of a fine and a plea bargain)

A person accused of stealing can be arrested without an arrest warrant but arrest warrants are mandatory for persons accused of corruption.

Having said the above corruption with reference to public finance (as against moral corruption or even social corruption) is institutionized stealing.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by neocortex: 10:18am On Jun 14, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

U can keep on deluding ur self.

As I hv said earlier, I never went to school nor do I hv certificate, but I hv pass knowledge to people tru my practicals.

I believe in practical.
We hv many people wo hv certificate, yet they ar not better than those wo didn't hv.

I doubt if u ar science/science student, if u do then, u will undastad Watin am talking about. Go to laboratories be it biology, chemistry or physics, u will c people wo don't hv certificate inventing different things.

Ok, now since u ar clamoring about certificate, some of our army wo don't hv but ar in d war front battling wit Boko haram should b told to withdraw because they don't hv certificate.

The certificate of a ' thing ' is ceremonial.

Bill Gate never hv certificate wen he invent Micro soft word, same as Mark Zugaberg.

Ar u not using their products? Refuse to use it because they don't hv certificate.

U that hv 1, what hv u invented ?

Here is where you missed it , there is a difference between someone who claims he has a cert when he doesn't e.g Babaonechance and another who doesn't have and didn't lie about it. While the latter is okay the former is pure fraud and should be condemned.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:42am On Jun 14, 2015
glink2015:
and I told your father to use condom , If he knew this is what u will turn to , he could hv heeded to my advice. Slowpoke - like master like serf. We r praying earnestly for Your linage.
WE r saying is change from all kind of mascurading administration. And we hv seen it.

Your mama t0t0
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 14, 2015
successmart:
But the clueless time is over o. In 9ja stealing is corruption and vice versa.

As u saw in the constitution, stealing is not corruption. Don't.drag it unnecessarily
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 14, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Your mama t0t0
I thought my pray for sound mind concerning you has answered . Don't worry the God that answer by fire will burn every spirit of studity and dullard from your life. Say amen!
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:57am On Jun 14, 2015
glink2015:
I thought my pray for sound mind concerning you has answered . Don't worry the God that answer by fire will burn every spirit of studity and dullard from your life. Say amen!

Your mama public hair
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Oildichotomy(m): 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
folabayo1:
where is ya father today?
The same place your father is ?
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by folabayo1(f): 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
Oildichotomy:
The same place your father is ?
eyaa rip to him grin
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by 989900: 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
In some countries I know, if you steal/mismanage funds in your care because of the office you hold, you get more punishment than an outsider. If you'r a public office holder, your sentence is twice.
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Oildichotomy(m): 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
folabayo1:
eyaa rip to him grin
Eyaaa, is Daura President late ?
RIP to Him
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by AdeniyiA(m): 3:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
A corrupt mind steals... datzall Corruption is like theory while stealing is like the practical

1 Like

Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by 2dillu2(m): 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Says the certificateless Daura President.
who is still and will continue to be your president till the country is sane again undecided undecided quote me and die
Re: Legal Proof That Stealing Is Different From Corruption. by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
2dillu2:
who is still and will continue to be your president till the country is sane again undecided undecided quote me and die

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Solomon Dalung In 50m Race In UNIPORT (Photos) / Obiano Apologizes To Peter Obi, As They Reconcile (photos) / FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.